PDA

View Full Version : Defending the United Defenders (IC)

alchemyprime
2008-12-29, 10:35 PM
Inside of an auditorium, a large group of people in a variety of garb sits, waiting patiently and looking at a stage. Out on the end of the stage, three individuals walk out and stand.

The first seems to be a man in his late twenties or early thirties. He has shaggy brown hair and a pair of silver goggles with red lenses. He wears a black latex jumpsuit that seems to have shifting star patterns on them. His arms and legs are wrapped in what appears to be strips of some fabric made from a bluish silvery metal. He has a golden belt with a red gem on it. The gem is like a display, shifting between an M and a 5. In his left hand is a simple conductor's baton.

You recognize him as the Manipulator.

The second person is a red haired woman. She is short and has very pale skin. She wears a bright green domino mask, a black spandex shirt and tights, and a bright green vest, miniskirt, gloves and boots.
You recognize her as Penumbra.
The third one to come out is a tall man with golden skin and no facial features. He wears a silver breastplate and blue gloves.

He is Carapace.

"Alright you maggots! You're here to begin your basic UD Training!"

A red flash surround Carapace, and a 18 year old kid in silver, red and black armor with a big pair of metallic red wings extending from his back smiles from under his eagle face shaped cowl. He is the Red Eagle.

"Sorry, I couldn't resist getting you all with my ring. As you probably already know, I'm the Red Eagle, and these are my team mates Penumbra and Manipulator. The remaining member of our squad, Minute Man, is on Reserve Duty for the next two months, so one of you will be replacing him. Who were is the one called the Growl?"

An Isart with white fur walks down from the back of the auditorium. There must be roughly 20 people in the theater. The Isart stand up to the front of the stage and salutes. "Don't do that. Just show us what you can do and why you're here."

Growl nods. "Yes sir! I am an Isart that came to Earth to help with the 'Thul invasion two Eart- years ago. I have the abilities of my people, including the sense of smell, metabolism and strength higher than an average human. I also posses a talent of sorts most Isart do not have, sir!" At that he flexes his arms and three large spikes come out of each forearm. "I have the ability to use these spines as melee or ranged weapons as well as a subsonic growl that can be used for a variety of effects, sir."

Red Eagle looks to his teammates and all nod. "Very good. Okay jump up on stage here."

Red Eagle introduces the other squads. The first is straightforward: a man that shot ice bolts, one that could roll up like an armadillo, on that could control water and one that flew and was probably a Vysterol. The other squads rolled along until six numbers were called:

"Number 17, Mister S! Number 18, Sam McGee! Number 20, Sledgehammer! Number 21, Sky Marshall! Number 22, Joe Average! Number 23, Kenshin Hiryu!"

Red Eagle looked up. Only four remained. "Hm... seems Joe Average is late... oh well, Hal-E will give him a key when he shows up. The rest of you! Welcome to the United Defenders! Based on your powers, you've been codenamed Krakatoa Squad, or KR Squad for short. You're Quarters is room... 136. Huh... well, you all can go check into your room. It's in the east wing. All one gender, that is helpful... you guys can be in the male wing. Remember the rules: give Hal-E your laundry on Thursdays, tell her your washing specifications, no walking around naked outside your room in your quarters, and don't let in-fighting ruin saving people. Oh and no commiting crimes, that goes without saying. Um..." Red Eagle looks up and down on Sam. "I'm so glad this building is fire proof. Um... I don't know if you sleep, but you get the room too. Well! Nice to meet you all. If you need me, my room, along with Manipulator, Penumbra and now Growl while Minute Man is away, is Room 109 in the Co-ed Wing. I'm always ready to help except at exactly 11:58pm. Then you need to wait a minute. My powers are wonky that way. Anywho, good luck! Nice to meet you all. Gym and cafeteria are always open, but fresh meals are only at four times a day: 6 to 8 am, 11 am to 1 pm, 5 pm to 7 pm and 12 am to 2 am. I'm really glad Prof Time doesn't need much sleep. Oh, and Hal-E is the computerized butler. She's a lot of help. Well, I'll see you around." Right then a beep goes off on Penumbra's belt.

"Guys, A Squad needs our help! We need to get to a jet!" The three nod and they and Growl join hands while Manipulator looks up.

"MANIPULATE!" And with that, they are gone, leaving you four in the auditorium.

UglyPanda
2008-12-29, 11:17 PM
Mister S

"Krakatoa? Have all the other names become trademarked?" The man in a black suit checks his watch and straightens his tie. Humorlessly, he says "My name is Mister S. That is all you need to know about me until I receive copies of your files."

bored_teen
2008-12-29, 11:54 PM
"Files? What files? We're all friends here, aren't we?" Sam says with a ghostly cackle, as he bobs up and down in the air. "Y'all can call me Sam. Sam McGee, the Flaming Prospectre."

alchemyprime
2008-12-30, 12:09 AM
A man in a green suit walks into the auditorium. "First off, I made the name. Second off, there are no files like how the Feds have." He walks in, and none of you really recognize him.

"Heya. You can all call me Donny, but most people call me Thorn."

Now you recognize him. He's the worst showboater you can think of. To the point where he has his own cartoon... and a theme song. Which you can't forget. And you wish you could.

He's Thorn! Here he comes! To save people! From the bad guys! Then the worst guitar solo imaginable...

He grins at you. "We prefer privacy for people. Only two men have access to the full files: Big G and Big P. You know, Photostorm and Gallant. I was called by Red Eagle on his way out to answer any questions you guys can need."

bored_teen
2008-12-30, 12:15 AM
"Well, I suppose the first should be if there are any off-limits areas? You know, so we don't...uh...'accidentally' stumble into them?"

alchemyprime
2008-12-30, 12:34 AM
"Photostorm's room. The man's a genius but secretive. Well... maybe I should rephrase that. His back room only he is allowed in. He's the secret keeper. Also no private rooms in quarters with ties on doors. Trust me. Especially Overhaul's." Thorn then closes his eyes and shudders.

"That man should not be allowed to do that..."

bored_teen
2008-12-30, 12:47 AM
Sam's eyes go wide and slightly shifty at the last comment. "Do wha- never mind. I don't think I wanna know. Any other house rules we should know about?"

alchemyprime
2008-12-30, 01:03 AM
"That's about it. So far only three people have been able to get around the hot meal schedule except during a big problem, like when the 'Thul attacked the mansion while we were using SD-2 as a shelter. For those of you new to San Diego, SD-2 is an underground city that is pretty much a copy of San Diego from about four years ago. Big titanium-mythril alloy dome over it. Only ways in are a series of elevators around the city. The nerve center that controls that, as well as the systems of the mansion along with Hal-E is run from. Big safety key involved: Photostorm and Gallant are the admins, but we get free wi-fi. Or at least I do. I'm not allowed to touch Ganglion... not after the time I played Starcraft II on it and accidentally blew up a UD jet..."

"Oh yeah, getting around the meal problem. 1 is Prof Time. He's Night Chef and a time manipulator like all of his people ar- er... were... Then there is Sammy. She is the Day Chef. Her powers of Culinary Magics comes in helpful. Technology and straight-up magic can't make good food like a good chef or a Nutrimancer. And of course we have Silicon Soldier. He's dating Sammy." Thorn cracks his neck, making more of a sound of wood splintering than a neck popping.

bored_teen
2008-12-30, 01:34 AM
"Hehe, not many rules. Makes it hard to break 'em." Sam winks at Thorn. "So what do y'all do fer fun around here? And when do we get down to business?"

alchemyprime
2008-12-30, 01:38 AM
OOC: bored_teen

Red Eagle left with his Squad. Thorn is helping you now.

bored_teen
2008-12-30, 01:48 AM
OOC: oops. thx. ill fix that.

bored_teen
2008-12-30, 01:58 AM
Sam looks addresses everybody in the room. "None o' y'all seen my pick axe laying around anywhere, have ye? I'd really like ta get it back. Haven't seen the darned thing in nigh on a hundr'd years!" Sam cackles to himself, and bobs a little to the left, rotating upside down.

RationalGoblin
2008-12-30, 10:10 AM
Sledgehammer

Sledgehammer stays silent through the briefing, simply nodding at each detail he finds interesting.

"So. Krakatoa Squad, are we? Odd sort of name, but if we can shorten it to KR squad, I think we'll be fine."

Not currently using his powers, Sledgehammer is a tall, dark-haired man, in a three-piece business suit and Gucci shoes.

"I suppose this is where I introduce myself. I'm Sledgehammer. You may better recognize me as Farran Shields, CEO of Shields Industries. Just call me Sledge, Sledgehammer, or Shields. As with Mr. S, who I have to say, impresses me with his professional demeanor, this is all you get to know about me until I get your files, or you simply tell me what you can do. Of course, if you follow the news closely, you might remember what I can do."

Smiling at Sam's question, Sledgehammer responds to it. "Haven't got a clue where your pickaxe is, my ghostly friend. If it's not stuck in the ground somewhere, it's either in a museum, or a pawn shop. My guess is the latter. If you want, I could check all the pawn shops around here for a pickaxe that is over a hundred years old, but I suspect you weren't being serious."

UglyPanda
2008-12-30, 12:12 PM
Mister S

"I would like to know how many people reside within these quarters. I do not know why this meeting was not held within a conference room nor why you are not stationed in a more spread-out fashion. Response time is far more important than socializing."

bored_teen
2008-12-30, 12:38 PM
"Nah, I wasn't really serious. At least, not about any o' y'all seeing it. I probably left it up in that damned Yukon, hah!" Sam barks out a laugh as he continues bobbing and turning in the air around the room. He suddenly gets a sentimental look on his face, as if remembering the past. "But I really would like to get it back...someday." Sam stops bobbing through the air and returns to the group. "Well, I don't know what files yer talkin' 'bout," he says with a gleam in his eye, "but I am a flaming ghost. You probably read 'bout me in an English class at some point!" At that, Sam pulls his head off and holds it in a fashion as to mimic Hamlet, and in an over-emphasized tone, proclaims, "To be, or not to be. That is the question!" Sam barks and cackles at his own joke for a minute or two before popping his head back on. He pulls a handkerchief out of nowhere and wipes his eyes, before sticking it back in...wherever he got it. "Nah, I'm jus' kiddin' y'all. That ain't me."

alchemyprime
2008-12-30, 01:16 PM
Thorn chuckles at Sam. "If it weren't for the being part plant, I'd slap you on the back there Sam. But ya know... I'm flammable."

He then turns to address Mister S. "We do have some spreading out. Not to mention 5 of the fastest jets in the world and a modified Isart Cruiser and the beginnings of teleportation technology. If I remember the way Big P puts it, 'the United Defenders do not use mere science, we use magic and SCIENCE! which due to emphasis is much greater. And more awesome.' The guys a genius, but he has trouble slowing dow the comples thoughts into plain old WORDS, ya know? As for the conference room, that is currently under repairs. Nergal and Ubermencsh came by to attack just three months ago. We got rid of them though and they are currently locked up in the UDP in Death Valley. And the public files are up for grabs. Its essentially our own private Wikipedia. Just head to a computer like th one in your quarters and click on the Public Member Files icon." Thorn crosses his arms and looks for any other questions. "What about you Kenshin? Or is there anything else from you three? And where is that Joe Average guy?"

UglyPanda
2008-12-30, 01:19 PM
Mister S

"Could you reinform me of the annual costs and environmental damage caused by these jets and quote-unquote teleporters?"

bored_teen
2008-12-30, 02:42 PM
OOC: alchemyprime
i may be screwed. if i have permanent flight, that means that i'm only ever moving as fast as i fly, because i can't touch the ground. if i was in a jet, when the jet takes off, i would still be where i was before the jet moved, only i would now be on an empty runway. the jet would move without me, because there's nothing holding me inside of it. what do we do about this?

alchemyprime
2008-12-30, 04:47 PM
boerd_teen

Choose one common substance that negates your intangibility. Ie. if you chose say hard woods, they could make a wood box to put you in during flights.

IC:

Thorn shakes his head. "Hell if I know that. I'm not the brains around here. That's Photostorm. He and a custom squad were last spotted in Egypt, fighting some crazy guy with a freeze ray and some crazier alien with a light controlling deally. I think he took Charger, Pyronius and Celestia with him. Then I saw RE, Penumbra, Manipulator and that new guy go with them. I guess they called in help.

"Anyhow, I know that this facility is one of the cleanest burning areas of the world. Ever since Steve invented that Storm Reactor, Big P has been using a souped up version using a Blue Bloodstone core. He says once he gets it efficient enough, he's going to split up the base past San Diego and Chicago: there will be one in New York and one in DC too. And the jets ain't bad, since they all use Steel Vanguard's hydrogen fuel systems. Since the Isart have been living here and Steve Smith's gotten that tech head group together, everything's been working better.

"Now, Mister S, I was told by the Gallant that you were sent by S.H.In.A. to help relations and such. But since no one authorized to give you information is here at the moment, I just suggest you relax until they get back. Get something to eat, take a nap, maybe watch some television. The whole building has free satelite thanks to our friends at DirecTV and-"

A robotic female voice can be heard. "Honestly Donny, do you need to do shameless plugs to new recruits?" An attractive tanned girl with cat ears and eyes shimmers into view. She looks like an anime character.

"Well, nobody asked you Hal-E. Guys, this is the maid of the UD Mansion, Hal-E. But I don't think anyone knows why she's Hal-E..."

"Hal-E. Hyper-intelligent Artificial Lifeform, Epsilon Class. Hal-E. Like Halle Berry. Nice to meet you all. I beleive I over heard some requests about costs and related inquiries. I can give you level 1 access files for now, Mister S. I am afraid Photostorm, the Gallant and Doctor Draconic, the current Rotating Leader, must register you for any higher access." She smiles and shimmers out for a second, then shimmers back. "You will find the files on your bed. Your room will be 136.4, meaning the fourth bedroom. I hope it is to your liking. Any requests for additional furniture and such must be filled out in triplicate and turned in to myself through the Ganglion or a networked computer and may take a week to 3 weeks for processing."

bored_teen
2008-12-30, 05:40 PM
OOC: actually, maybe that doesn't work like i thought it did. after all, the Earth is rotating at over 27,000 mph, which either means that we should ignore this problem, or gravity should also affect me, even though it shouldn't because i'm intangible. if you want to go with the power-negating material, it should be something that doesn't burn or melt... i think it'd be easier if Photostorm created some sort of transportation containment unit to address this problem, as if there was a power negating material, villains could use that against me. while Permanency is a Flaw, and should create some problems, i don't believe that giving me another weakness to a specific material properly addresses the problem. the Flaw can annoy us in other ways, such as requiring some sort of special way of dealing with problems like this. but if you still want to go with the common-material container, i'll go with Styrofoam.

IC: "Free cable? Sweet Mary, mother o' Jesus! What time is it? I think there's a Ghosthunters marathon at 7. My cousin Johnny was on that show once... Sam floats away, up through the ceiling. A few moments later, his head pops back through. "Where 'xactly are the rooms? You guys got a directory or sumthin' fer this blasted mansion?"

alchemyprime
2008-12-30, 06:00 PM
bored_teen

Rank 4: You become incorporeal. You can pass through solid matter
at your normal speed and you are unaffected by physical and
energy attacks. Mental and sensory effects still work on you, as
do powers with the Affects Insubstantial power feat. Choose one
other reasonably common effect that works on you while you are
incorporeal. I say it should be a material.

IC:

Hal-E is replaced by a large map. "The wings of the mansion are arranged like rays of light from the rising sun when portrayed in art. From the Main Hall are five isle ways. The far West Wing contains the Male Wing, where your quarters are, the Swimming Area, the Recreational Sports Room and the Smoothie Bar. In accordance with United Defenders rules, no intoxicating liquids are allowed outside the kitchen. The Mid-West Wing is the Coed Wing, the Spa, and the exit to the Terrarium. The Central Wing leads to SD2, the Cafeteria, the UD Shop, the Hall of Heroes, the Conference Room, and the elevator to the upper floor and the sub-basement, including the Gym, the Battle Simulator and the Ganglion. The Mid-East Wing contains the Evemale Quarters and the Salon. The Far East Wing is the Female Wing, including the Entertainment Room, the Arcade, this Auditorium, and the Infirmary. Room 136 should be down the main hallway on your left, then past the rooms until you reach the Central Area, then down the Far West Wing, being the eighth door on your right." The map draws the path, then shimers into Hal-E again. "Do you need any other assisstance gentlemen?"

bored_teen
2008-12-30, 08:20 PM
OOC: well don't i feel like an ass... ok, i'll go with Styrofoam, because i can't think of a common material that isn't flammable, and i don't like Styrofoam

"Battle Simulator? That sounds like it could be fun! Fergit Ghosthunters, I'm gonna go hit stuff!"

RationalGoblin
2008-12-30, 08:31 PM
Sledgehammer

"I think I'll go for the Battle Simulator, with Mr. McGee. A bit of practice should help me unwind."

UglyPanda
2008-12-30, 09:22 PM
Mister S

"Is there a quiet place to read within the facilities? I need to stay focused on the news."

alchemyprime
2008-12-30, 09:59 PM
"Your private room should be quiet enough, Mister S."

UglyPanda
2008-12-30, 10:46 PM
Mister S

"Then that is where you may find me. I will see you all later this evening." Mister S leaves the auditorium and heads for the room.

alchemyprime
2008-12-31, 11:50 AM
Thorn stretches again, complete with the woody sound. "Well... I'm going to go see what snacks are out in the mess hall. If all else fails I'll get some popcorn. You guys are welcome to come and socialize... but with the squads not out on assignment... I think all we have are the new recruits, the staff, and my squad. So... yeah. It's a busy day today."

As Thorn walks off Hal-E looks to Kenshin Hiryu. "Hello? Is anyone in there? HELLO?" Let it be known that when not doing their duties, computers try to find ways to entertain themselves.

BizzaroStormy
2008-12-31, 02:53 PM
Kenshin

In true ninja fashion, Kenshin steps out of the shadows directly behind the Hal-E. He's wearing your standard ninja garb, a loose black shirt and pants tied into place with cloth strips. A metal shield covers a portion of his forehead with the image of grain bending in the breeze etched onto it. He stands straight up with his arms crossed.Such a bright costume...is he supposed to be a decoy or something? I remember having someone like him in my village. Thought it would be a good idea to wear a safety orange jumpsuit and scream his head off all the time...it didn't work to well.

alchemyprime
2008-12-31, 06:25 PM
Hal-E groans. "I'm a hologram, not a superhero! I just run the mansion... But Photostorm would like you. He wears a dark outfit for a guy that GLOWS...."

alchemyprime
2009-01-02, 10:56 PM
OOC:

Guys, I say we pause this for a few days. If fizzleborp does not post, we drop him until he tells me we can. This is free "build character" time. After enough of that, you'll get an assignment. This is meant to be slow for a while the way I built it.

See yall later and keep up the good work.

-Alch

UglyPanda
2009-01-02, 11:21 PM
Mister S

The man in a suit and tie is wandering around the building with his briefcase. He is having trouble finding the break room, kitchen, or anywhere that would have a fresh pot. He wonders to himself, 'Why does this place have an auditorium in the first place when they don't have free coffee? We could have received our designations ahead of time and completed the meeting in a conference room, which would have coffee.'

alchemyprime
2009-01-02, 11:36 PM
A somewhat large Filipino man walks alongside Mister S. "I heard you were complaining about lack of coffee. Come with me. I'm Tesseract, head of Intelligence for the UD. Come on, I'm in the Cycle, so my room has an auto-barrista. 15 blends of coffee, plus a custom grinder, as well as any type of mix you want. Lattes, capacinnos, frapaccinnos, plain black in a ceramic mug, anything. You are the man from U.N.C.- I mean S.H.In.A. Photostorm told me you'd show up. He said you get a Level 4 clearance card and a UDCP. Follow me to my quarters, I'll get you a mug and your gear. Sound good... Mister S, right?"

UglyPanda
2009-01-02, 11:38 PM
Mister S

"All I want is a black with two sugars. So how many mind readers do you have on staff? I don't think you could have heard anything."

BizzaroStormy
2009-01-02, 11:49 PM
Having nothing better to do, Kenshin follows the two, choosing to remain unseen.

alchemyprime
2009-01-02, 11:53 PM
"Only three and they all answer to me. Nah, I'm kidding. Its two right now, one's on reserve. But I can also read people well. You went to the cafeteria, and you came out of orientation. Last three recruits to do that all begged for coffee. The telepaths just reassured me. Follow me, we'll sit in my kitchen and get some coffee. I'm a creme and three guy myself." Tesseract taps three times on a wall and an elevator door opens up. "Hidden elevator. Normally only the guys in the Cycle know about it, but I figured anyone with Level 4 clearance would find it in the blueprints anyway." Tesseract walks in and turns around. "Going up?"

UglyPanda
2009-01-02, 11:57 PM
Mister S

"I'm curious, why is everyone here so interested in impressing each other? The amount you all show off seems to be far more than your egos require to thrive."

alchemyprime
2009-01-03, 01:58 AM
Tesseract thinks about it. "I'd say its all Photostorm's fault. I mean, Thorn's the biggest showboater ever, but Pho's just eccentric. He designed the building with all these secrets and such. He left a note about you, and the guy is a friend of mine before we knew we were supers, so I'm just doing him a favor. As for everyone else... I dunno. I guess we all strive to live up to the standard of people like President Estrada, the Gallant, Snowstorm, and pretty much everyone in the Hall of Heroes. It's a futile effort, but they do. But... my battle attire is a t-shirt and jeans and a jacket. I'm more low profile. Between you, me and Cat we look more like those NiteLite wack jobs than superheroes. No offense. "

BizzaroStormy
2009-01-03, 02:02 AM
A voice seems to come from various angles. "Perhaps, but some of us aren't meant to be seen."

UglyPanda
2009-01-03, 02:09 AM
Mister S

"I'd recommend you stop doing that. I have a tendency to shoot at places that I think are empty."

BizzaroStormy
2009-01-03, 02:15 AM
Fortunately for me, that won't be a problem. Now whats this I hear about free coffee?

bored_teen
2009-01-04, 07:00 PM
OOC: would it be a good idea to go through the battle simulator? like i said, i'm new to the system, and i'd like to try the battle system out before it really counts.

alchemyprime
2009-01-06, 05:41 PM
OOC: t'd be a good idea. However, my online will be staggered. I think a post or three a week minimum can be managable for all of us, unless one of you tell me or I tell all of you first. Deal?

IC: "Okay. Sure, we can all go get some coffee. Come on in, Ninja-type-person."

UglyPanda
2009-01-06, 09:41 PM
Mister S

The man in a black suit follows the jabbermouth to a spot where he can get some coffee. After he gets his drink, he sits down, pulls out today's paper from his briefcase, and starts to read.

bored_teen
2009-01-07, 07:36 PM
Sam floats off toward the Battle Simulator, passing through walls and objects, leaving singe marks in some places, bobbing around the whole way.

alchemyprime
2009-01-09, 01:52 AM
***TRAINING ROOM***
There are three doors all with two numbers. The numbers are under labels DIFFICULTY and NUMBER OF USERS. The colors are blue, red and yellow.

Hal-E appears and acknowledges Sam. "The designers of this room did not allow for the use of real villains in here, such as Father Ooze or The Perfect Man. Instead, they chose fictional heroes and villains to fight anf fight along side in the trainers. Blue is one sub-set, Red a second, and Gold a third. Blue is based loosely on DC comics continuity, red on Marvel, and gold on Freedom City from Green Ronin comics. The software recognizes how hard you want the battles, from 1 to 20, and how many people are using it, from 1 to 8. If you need anything else, just ask."

bored_teen
2009-01-11, 02:38 AM
"Hot diggity! That sounds like fun!" Sam darts through the red door. "I just love them X-Men! And that Deadpool, he's a character! Never liked them dang DC heroes. Superman ain't no fun!" Sam gets ready for a workout of a battle, nothing too hard, but nothing pitifully easy, either. Something just right...

alchemyprime
2009-01-11, 12:02 PM
The red door opens.

"Number of Users: 1. Difficulty: 9. Scenario: X587.98. Avalanche is causing trouble during a crowded event. Ally yourself with X-Men Cyclops, Archangel and Beast. Stop Avalanche. Good luck. Any pain you sustain will be real."

bored_teen
2009-01-11, 07:03 PM
Sam looks around at the room, looking for the source of the voice, but not finding it. "Nifty!" He bobs around the room, spinning slowly around clockwise on his Y-axis as he awaits for the simulation to begin.

BizzaroStormy
2009-01-11, 07:16 PM
A cup of tea lifts itself into the air and the contents pour into an invisible abyss. So when exactly do we get to work? I cant let myself get rusty.

alchemyprime
2009-01-12, 03:08 PM
***Tesseract's Quarters***

Tesseract looks at the floating cup. "Don't worrry. As assignments come up, you'll be given stuff to do. You could always use a training room to help keep from being rusty though."

***The Training Room***

A large open field with an stage is seen. It looks like this may be just a normal induction ceremony for a park. Suddenly a jut of stone rises up and punches through the stage. Three men jump into action, one coered in blue fur and one with a large pair of feathery white wings, all three looking for what could possibly cause this.

Sam McGee
Make a Spot check at least. Also, perhaps go and try to talk to the three.

UglyPanda
2009-01-18, 10:33 PM
Mister S

The man in a black suit is reading his paper very intently as well as quickly. Once he gets to the end, he places the paper back in his briefcase and pulls out a copy of The Economist.

OOC:
What major events are going on in the game world?

bored_teen
2009-01-19, 01:26 PM
OOC: do i just roll a 1d20 for a spot check? if so, 1d20.

Sam bobs on over to three X-Men. "Heya fellas! What's all the hullabaloo?"

EDIT: ok, DICE tags don't work. let's try ROLL tags.

EDIT 2: why can't i roll dice???

UglyPanda
2009-01-22, 09:43 PM
OOC:
You can't roll during an edit or if you preview the post. It is indeed [roll].

alchemyprime
2009-01-26, 01:22 PM
(OOC: Sorry guys, the boards never told me that the thread was updating. BoredTeen, make a new post with our rolls.)

IC:

The paper has only a few interesting things in it, besides the normal relief fund type things for large problems, like random supervillain attacks and the ETG Virus attack from a few years ago.

1. The US is currently in peace talks between the Sil-Cha and the Engo, two races that are currently fighting and using Europa as their battle field.

2. The reformed villain once known as Doctor Griffin is opening a new clinic in San Diego. "I'm not too sure about this, but only time will tell," comments Dr. Joeseph "Doctor Draconic" Burlew.

3. The television show based on the life of Robert "Snowstorm" Smith, grandfather of scientific genius Dr. Steve Smith, has been green lighted. The Gallant has refused to appear as himself.

UglyPanda
2009-01-27, 10:07 PM
Mister S

After reading a few articles in The Economist, he decides to pull out The New York Times and do the crossword. Assuming nobody bothers him, he continues to work on the puzzle until either 5 pm or he finishes.

OOC:
My character does nothing of importance until something important happens, pretty much.

alchemyprime
2009-01-27, 11:36 PM
OOC: Okay Panda. After the simulator I have the first big thing to happen.

IC: The three men look to Sam.

"You! Spectre! Do you have any relation to this predicament?" The Beast asks of the undead prospecter.

bored_teen
2009-02-05, 03:09 PM
OOC: wow, sorry it's been so long. real life has been becoming much more...hectic lately. i suggest we skip the sim and get on with the story; i hate holding everyone up.

IC: "Who? Me? Naw, I ain't done nothing. Jes' got here, in fact. What's going on here, anywho?"

alchemyprime
2009-02-08, 09:54 PM
OOC: Hey... can we pause the game for a bit? my life got hectic too. And I think we lost Sledgehammer's player...

BizzaroStormy
2009-02-08, 10:04 PM
(( I guess we dont have much choice))

alchemyprime
2009-02-23, 01:29 PM
OOC: Okay. Here it goes.

I don't know where to take this anymore, except that I want it to be in my world. So I wanna ask:

What sort of game do YOU guys want to play? What do you want from this? Tell me and I'll see what I can springboard. I have one idea hinging on Sam McGee already, but I want to know how the rest of you all fit in. K?

UglyPanda
2009-02-23, 06:38 PM
OOC:
Was there some sort of plot bait we were supposed to find?

I've got something to ask you: Where do our characters fit in? We're not the only ones in the building and all the higher-ups seem to think that everything is running perfectly. We haven't received any missions so I don't even know why we were hired if everything is under control. If we're actually supposed to be superfluous, then there should be other people around to idly chat with. You could have a boss drop by and ask what our characters are supposed doing here, and when we don't have an answer, hilarity/drama ensues.

At this moment, we're doing nothing, so just come up with anything. We could just be told to get donuts. One of us would try to take the job too seriously, my character would complain about the waste of tax-payer dollars, etc. We'll come up with something. Maybe you'll start to improvise while we're there. Maybe there's a robber at the donut shop, maybe we stop him and cause collateral damage.

alchemyprime
2009-02-23, 07:46 PM
OOC: I like that. A meaningless task. I can do that. Maybe a Tommy's run or going to get enchiritos or something.

Any other ideas?

BizzaroStormy
2009-02-23, 07:57 PM
I dunno, I was just waiting for the convenient problem to pop up where in a fit of coincidence, the party is loosely formed into a team and sent to deal with the problem, Like a hostage situation or something.

alchemyprime
2009-02-25, 09:00 PM
Okay then. I won't be here over the weekend, but come Monday we'll resume this and I'll give you guys your first assignment.

You guys are new, so you'll be on mooks and gimmicky villains for a bit (with crappy names like Surgeon General and Traphic. Just choosing which one of my gimmicky villains to use.)

After that, I'll set you up with one truely Super villain that you'll see later.

Til monday... you guys can do RP stuff or just come up with battle strategies with each other. Whatever.

alchemyprime
2009-03-02, 10:57 PM
(Sorry again. Girlfriend had court. Wednesday unless something happens. I'm the worst GM ever...)

alchemyprime
2009-03-04, 11:20 PM
After a few days, the teams have all returned. You all managed to meet the Gallant and Photostorm by running into them in the hallways. Eventually, a week after you joined, Tesseract hands you all your first assignment.

"Sam McGee and Mister S, you two are the only required members to do this, but if your teammates wish to come they can. It's not the most glourious job, especially not for a legendary spectre and a S.H.In.A. Agent, but your team is... equipped for... okay, pretty much anyone but Doc Gamma can do this and we drew your team from the hat. Here."

Tesseract thrusts the clipboard at Mister S. On it is a note and a lot of twenty dollar bills adding up to 180 dollars.

Go to following address:
XXXXX Olde Towne
Sandiego CA X//X\

Pay the woman behind the counter the money. Tell her even split for Big Red. She'll know what to do.

(Earth Science, Streetwise, Current Events or History Check to see if you know San Diego well enough to know what this building in Olde Towne is.)

BizzaroStormy
2009-03-04, 11:26 PM
Kenshin seems a bit too eager to get to work, appearing right behind Mister S. a split seconds after terrasect hands him the paper.

UglyPanda
2009-03-05, 09:55 PM
Mister S

In a dull, uninterested, voice he says "Just hand me the keys to a car or motorcycle and I'll get it done. I have a feeling you did not draw any names out of a hat, you simply want to get rid of us for the time being."

alchemyprime
2009-03-08, 10:50 AM
"All right, all right. Here ya go, the keys to a Jeep. It's the green one in the parking garage. Top floor. I think... Thorn sometimes parks them in different places..."

(Just going to assume its Mister S, Sam and Kenshin on this mission, S driving.)

After driving for some time you find the address you're looking for.

(spoilered for size)

http://www.vnastl.com/img/Krispy%20Kreme%20Logo.JPG

UglyPanda
2009-03-08, 11:40 AM
Mister S

"I prefer Dunkin' Donuts since they have coffee, but I guess this'll have to do. I wonder if this is one of the ones that gives out free samples." He then waits in line and prepares to give the order. He wonders to himself, "Why are they paying two hundred dollars for donuts? Are they settling a tab or something?"

OOC:
Is this one of the big ones with the giant donut machine, or one the small ones which just have shelves?

alchemyprime
2009-03-09, 10:53 AM
As you stand in line, you see small children marveling at both the giant donut machine and at the supers waiting in line (namely Kenshin and Sam, as Mister S seems less interesting). A short Latina woman hands you all free glazed donuts. As you stand in line, one of the children, a small girl, pulls on Mister S' coat.

"Are you a superhero mister? The ghost and the sam-oo-rye are but are you too?"

Glaze smears the child's lips and she has a milk mustache. Her eyes are a deep purple and her hair seems to fly away even in her ponytail. She can't be more than six years old.

Also, if Sam is around at all, I need him to make a Spot check.

UglyPanda
2009-03-09, 04:54 PM
"I'm not what you would call a hero. Now where is your legal guardian? I'm sure she wouldn't appreciate you talking to strange men." He munches on the free donut, enjoying the fact it's still warm.

alchemyprime
2009-03-09, 05:23 PM
The girl runs off laughing to a woman who scolds her and looks up to Mister S, almost fearful, like she recognizes him.

UglyPanda
2009-03-09, 08:06 PM
"I just have one of those faces that you can't pick out of a crowd, ma'am."

alchemyprime
2009-03-10, 11:16 AM
(OOC: Hey guys. Sorry if I've been dodgy lately. Life and such. Plus my tonsils started bleeding Saturday and I've yet to rest until today... so if I fall off the face of the earth for weeks, that's why. :smalltongue: No worries though.)

IC:

At the front of the line, the woman takes the money and hands all of you enough donuts to fill the back seat of the Jeep. 10 dozen glazed and 10 dozen assorted Krispy Kreme donuts. Since you're all UD, she tossed in free coffee for all three of you (though I doubt Sam needed it.) As you load the last of the boxes into the back of the truck, you hear something across the street. Gunfire coming from a small store that sells jewelry and curios. "The West Sea Company" the store is called.

BizzaroStormy
2009-03-10, 01:39 PM
One the way out, Kenshin has a very disappointed look on his face.Donuts? F***ing donuts?! He thought to himself until he heard the gunfire, dropping the last box in the trunk. Thats more like it. With that, he vanishes. ((Turning invisible and rushing to the scene))

UglyPanda
2009-03-10, 07:27 PM
"I hope what's-his-name can follow procedure." The overdressed man reaches into a hidden compartment of his briefcase and draws out his Desert Eagle. It was a gun with the kick, power, and weight, of a light rifle. While highly overrated, Mr. S trusted in this gun more than any individual should.

Running to the scene, he turns intangible, and once within sight of the robbery, he shouts. "SHIA! DROP YOUR WEAPONS!"

alchemyprime
2009-03-11, 11:47 AM
A simple thug with a gun looks at you through his ski mask. "Stay back!" He fires a bullet into the air and the bullet hole in the ceiling starts burning away like acid. "Stay the **** back! I will ******* kill you! I don't care if you are S.H.In.A. I'll ******* kill you right now!" The man seems to be crazed.

(Mister S, make a Spot check.)

BizzaroStormy
2009-03-11, 01:35 PM
Kenshin Moves up silently, and invisibly behind the gunman, pointing a finger at his head. Remember, don't kill him. Ken thinks to himself before blasting the guy in the back of the head with a concussive burst of air.

[roll0] DC 25, nonlethal
Edit: Hmm...looks like a crit.

alchemyprime
2009-03-11, 05:39 PM
(OOC: 'o' ...)

(IC)

The man falls over, knocked out from the wind blow. The shop keep looks at Mister S and looks startled, like he's not sure if he's getting robbed again or if he was just saved.

UglyPanda
2009-03-11, 07:15 PM
The well-dressed man pulls out his badge and presents it to the shopkeeper while keeping his gun fixed on the idiot. "Nothing to worry about, everything is under control."

OOC:
Notice check: [roll0]

alchemyprime
2009-03-12, 12:28 PM
Mister S happens to notice three things:

One, a picture on the wall of a corporeal Sam McGee.
Two, the man's gun had a partially scratched off S.H.In.A. emblem on it.
Three, there is a peculiar necklace in the curio shop that seems... strange to say the least. Like you aren't supposed to see it. It keeps moving out of your field of vision.

UglyPanda
2009-03-12, 09:50 PM
"Sam-something, cover my flank. See if I'm not seeing something."

alchemyprime
2009-03-14, 01:03 PM
(OOC: I PMed Sam's player. If he's not on by noon Monday PST, I'll NPC him to the best of my ability.)

alchemyprime
2009-03-16, 06:57 PM
Sam looks around. "Yeah, I ain't seein' nothing pardner."

Mister S and Kenshin, both of you feel your UD Communicator vibrate, signaling a ring.

UglyPanda
2009-03-16, 07:05 PM
"I don't have any handcuffs on me. Shopkeeper, do you have any of those plastic zip ties? I'll need two or three."

The well-dressed man takes out the communicator. "Hello?"

alchemyprime
2009-03-19, 12:04 PM
The shop keep gets some zip ties and cuffs the crook.

The COmmunicator goes off. Thorns voice can be heard.

"You better have a good reason I'm not eating a creme filled gla- ugh!"

After that, Tesseract's voice comes on. "Ignore him. We noticed it was taking you guys some extra time to get here. Was there any trouble? Anything the UD should concern itself with? Or was the line just really long?"

BizzaroStormy
2009-03-19, 01:35 PM
Well outside of earshot or the shopkeep, Kenshin replies into his comm. Minor distraction. On our way back now.

UglyPanda
2009-03-19, 06:39 PM
"We finished buying the donuts ten minutes ago and there was a line. We stopped a robbery and I need you to call the local police. We need someone to take statements, collect the evidence, and pick up the perp."

Mister S keeps an eye on the perp's gun that dropped to the ground and the other on the perp. He makes a mental note to inform the local police that the gun was taken from an inattentive member of his agency, or that the perp is a disgruntled employee. The former would be more likely. At the very least, somebody should have noted the lost property.

OOC:
Why would an acid gun belong to a law enforcement agency? It would cause unnecessary pain and the agents could be brought up on brutality charges. A high-powered armor-piercing rifle would work just as well.

alchemyprime
2009-03-23, 07:29 PM
OOC: Quick answer. Zaollzh. Aliens from outer space. Invaded earth once. Acid let the bullets get through. S.H.In.A. is less law-enforcement as it is the Super Human Intelligence Agency (which since now there are Isart and Calzod on Earth, Super Human is a misnomer...). Meaning their purpose is fighting off rogue super humans. Think kinda like ARMOR from Marvel.

Law enforcement shows up, along with Doctor Draconic. He walks over to Mister S. "Good job S. We'll take it from here. Hm..." He looks around as if examining the place.

UglyPanda
2009-03-24, 06:30 PM
Mister S

"For the next time something like this happens, do any of your civilian vehicles contain tools or equipment in them? Such as cuffs, tasers, or evidence bags? I haven't had time to check."

OOC:
I just realized, you never answered my question about how our characters fit into this situation. Are we actually useful, or was there just a budget surplus and our characters were hired despite not providing anything useful to anyone.

Still, acid? In a machine gun? Is the bullet coated in acid or is the whole thing acid altogether? If it's the former, then you just get bullets stuck into armor as they travel faster than the rate at which acid melts. If it's the latter, then they're better off being fired from a rifle, or better yet, a hose. I would've just been happy with "It was stolen from a lab".

alchemyprime
2009-03-25, 11:43 AM
OOC: Yes stolen from alab. i was explaining why something would have been developed.

And as for how you fit in... maybe a budget surplus, but no one knows how Photostorm thinks but him...

IC:

You hear Tesseract sigh. "Um yeah there should be some in the glove compartment. A few pairs of cuffs with a titanium steel alloy and some evidence bags. As for tasers... Firesaint used that Jeep last. He has a tendency to forget to replace tasers. Being powered by the electromagnetic spectrum and all."

UglyPanda
2009-03-28, 12:08 PM
Mister S

"Very well. I have to complete some paperwork regarding a piece of evidence that my superiors will want after the locals are done with it."

Mister S hops in the jeep, signals the others to get in, and prepares to drive back.

alchemyprime
2009-04-01, 11:04 AM
(bump to wait for Kenshin...)