PDA

View Full Version : Time limit on turns?

DragoonKain
2008-12-30, 02:55 AM
So, um. What's stopping a losing nation from never ending their turn, and just living their lives like that?

There must be some sort of rational reason that they couldn't - maybe units will die eventually without the food that pops next turn, or it just seems like such a flagrant violation of the natural laws that they don't.

Thoughts?

DigoDragon
2008-12-30, 08:18 AM
I'd assume that not ending your turn means you wouldn't be getting food and supplies that appear at the beginning of your turn. As an example, Bogroll's improvised breakfast (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/erf0116.html) shown here as it's taking longer then expected for their turn to show up.

Kreistor
2008-12-30, 08:39 AM
He's right. There has to be some limit on how long your turn can last. The guy that goes first could wait until nightfall to end turn, preventing anyone else from taking theirs.

Godskook
2008-12-30, 02:38 PM
He's right. There has to be some limit on how long your turn can last. The guy that goes first could wait until nightfall to end turn, preventing anyone else from taking theirs.

Limit or not, I assume that turns determine the effective length of the day. I.e., if everyone takes an hour-long turn, and there are only 3 sides, than the 'day' is only 3 hours long. If everyone takes 12-hour turns, and the same 3 sides, than the 'day' is 36-hours long. This theory is based first on the fact that most turn-based, 1-turn-per-side-per-day, games, in-game time bends around the time it takes to complete a turn. Second, because Parson has been looking for just that kind of exploitable mechanic, and I think he would've found it if it was there.

ObadiahtheSlim
2008-12-30, 03:38 PM
There is probably an anti-afker rule where if you don't do anything for X amount of time, you turn ends. Could also be some natural tinkamancy to compel you to end your turn.

DevilDan
2008-12-31, 01:24 PM
There must be some sort of time limit or "ending turn early" would be meaningless. Whether a day in which everyone ends their turn early would be commensurately shortened is another question.

dr pepper
2008-12-31, 10:25 PM
Perhaps erflings don't sense time the way we do.