PDA

View Full Version : Piratetown!

Cpt. Soup
2009-01-01, 06:16 PM
Piratetown!

..decrees a wide wooden arch over top of the main road leading into the docks district. The docks' district, left to die and a long lost thread has been salvaged by these invaders. On new years day the town would awake see the sight of great bouts of smoke from area and all manner of airships hovering overhead, and all but one wide road to the docks barricaded.

Coming closer, construction could be seen over the derelict warehouses, little figures putting up scaffolding towers. Closer still, and a tangle of sounds emits from beyond the barricades, screams, fighting, singing, and a good deal of banging and sawing. Closer still and a a pair of hands might be visible over the makeshift ramparts holding a bucket, they up end its foul smelling load all over any person that happened to eavesdrop so close.

Information

Back to the entrance into Piratetown, There's a very large wooden board that seems to have been hastily nailed up against one side of the street since readers were busy in the above paragraphs. The bolded words "Piratetown Rules" occupy the first line.

Another notice has also been stapled to a wooden post to the other side. In crude print in runs as follows.

To whom it mai consern,
this area has been anexed by us, it is now a seprat entatee from the rest of the area, it is called piratetown, in piratetown you obay are rules. plees injoy your stai and visit are giftshop.

- sinearly, corky linus.

Rules

The rules of Piratetown as listed on the board are as follows:

1- If you must kill/rob someone, please express your intent so all parties are aware, the means to communicate this is open to interpretation.

2- Faces must be visible at all times, hooded cloaks and excessively dark clothing are forbidden.

3- No sneaking, skulking, stalking, or other such activities unless done in a comical and entirely ineffective fashion.

4- No children allowed.

5- Rules subject to change and additions.

-----------------------------------------------------

Beyond the arch the road continues strait down to the harbor itself with smaller streets leading off in different directions. gangs of pirates sift back and forth along the streets trying to make the impression that they're working to any onlookers, others are content to loiter around, sitting on whatever handy or lean against walls.

There are several pirates hanging around the entrance as well.

((attention! this thread is open to all! My pirates have seized control of the docks thread and have converted it to my purposes, nyaha! There's more to come later,I'll do a proper job of it maybe, I'm just going to work my way through introductions and such.

Rutskarn
2009-01-02, 11:15 PM
Rutskarn runs in, yells "ALL PIRATES ARE BASTARDS!", and runs out.

As he flees over the docks, he screams, "NINJA'D AGAAAAAIN!" in a triumphant tone.

Mee
2009-01-03, 01:46 AM
A guy walks in.
He's an elf.
Pretty boring looking, but he seems upset at Rutskarn's comment.

Cpt. Soup
2009-01-03, 01:09 PM
One of the pirates leaps of his perch on a barrel and screams.

Damnation!

One pirate beside the fuming man gives him a nudge while clearing his throat. While the others snicker, the first pirate stiffly pulls out a little bag and throws at the second. The second manages not to fall off his own barrel as he catches the thing, after a quick look at its contents he begins bouncing the bag in his hand.

Well the chances against a pirate thread getting ninja'd are pretty high.. Hey don't be so down, on the plus side you have someone to kill now eh? But now its time for meet and greet with the pointy ears over there.

The first's expression brightened at the seconds words, the two sauntered towards the elf. The first mutters to the second.

This guy looks pretty boring looking.

Mee
2009-01-03, 07:38 PM
The elf grins.
"Boring looking, yes I am.
However . . . well . . . yeah, just that, boring looking I am."

Cpt. Soup
2009-01-03, 08:39 PM
The first snorted.

So whadda want then? Can't loiter around, its a crime.

Well we were

Well thats because thats what we do!

Loiter?

No break the law! Being pirates.

He nods his head afterwards as he glares out at the elf.

It's not much of a crime though..

Every little bit helps!

Mee
2009-01-03, 08:41 PM
"Well, what is there to do around here?
I can't do much without knowing where to do it . . ."

Cpt. Soup
2009-01-03, 08:57 PM
Well you sound like you're looking to make some trouble!

*peering* Dunno, he looks a bit too boring to make trouble.

I said sounds! he sounds like hes going to make trouble!

Well he sounds boring too.

I think I think my hearings a bit better then yours!

Thats only because you can't see well through all those corks.

The first, as it happens, is wearing a large hat with numerous corks hanging from it. The hat does a good job of obscuring the snarl he's wearing at the moment.

I can see fine!

I'm over here.

*turning* I can see fine!

Mee
2009-01-03, 09:01 PM
The elf watches, chucking at the whole thing.
Then he sighs.
"Please, good sirs, don't assume that, since I look boring, I can't cause trouble.
In fact, odds are, I could cause more trouble then both of you combined . . ."

Cpt. Soup
2009-01-03, 09:13 PM
See I told you we had a trouble maker here.

You're right Corky, he even said he was better at it then you.

He did! oh.. you better watch your mouth halfling!

I think hes an elf

Whatever! You better watch it because theres alot more of us then there is of you!

This proved to be true as there was a large group of the pirates lounging on either side of the arch as well as several watching with mild interest from the roofs.

Mee
2009-01-03, 09:16 PM
"So be it.
If they're as drunk or as well trained as you two, I'll have no problem with it.
Please, I've taken on armies before."
He doesn't say that he's won, just that he's taken them on . . .
:smalltongue:

Cpt. Soup
2009-01-03, 09:31 PM
The second peers at the elf again.

Not sure I believe you, you like a bit too boring to be the heroic sort...

He coughs in his direction.

The other pirates don't appear to have noticed or possibly don't care about the elf's challenge. The one named Corky continues to glare at him but has one hand on a large knife as he does so.

Mee
2009-01-03, 09:34 PM
"That's the point, laddio, if anyone suspects you, you can never get anything done.
You look boring, everyone just . . . glances past you."

Cpt. Soup
2009-01-03, 09:43 PM
A dull looking hero!? That's just stupid! So what are you here for then? Some sort of quest ehm?

Corky attempts to sneer at the elf through his hat.

Mee
2009-01-03, 09:46 PM
"No, no quest. Just checking this place out, as I was, and probably still am, a pirate . . ."

Cpt. Soup
2009-01-03, 09:55 PM
You? A pirate? Ha! Have you got anyway to prove this claim of yours? We don't like it when people throw around the title of pirate lightly.

The second one coughed again but covered it with a hand.

Mee
2009-01-03, 09:58 PM
"Well, let's see, that's my boat over there,"
If this just replaced the docks, then he does point to a boat.
The Visible Hand.
"And I have a few others, should you be interested."

Cpt. Soup
2009-01-03, 10:15 PM
Corky snorted.

A little boat doesn't mean much. Piracy isn't anchored to mere material possessions.

You're starting to get philisophical.

The second warned.

Oh, well its about Pilliging! and Robbing, Murdering..

Singing..

Singing, yes..

Raping..

Oh can't forget that, very essential to piracy. Course we prefer more of a spiritual rape, as we like to keep things PG.

Mee
2009-01-03, 10:18 PM
"I can sing, I can dance, and I have, in fact, worn shiny pants.

And . . . meh. I've gone looting, and sailing around under a pirate.
So, while I haven't done evil things that a normal pirate might do, I have been a pirate."
Oh, and his hand is on the hilt of his knife.
Just . . . you know, in case . . .

Cpt. Soup
2009-01-03, 10:38 PM
Corky humphs.

So are you here to join us then? Or are you just trying to look around?

Theres not much to see right now, just renovating the area right now, barely have a decent ba-

Quiet! don't tell him anything! How do we know he isn't some ninja spy.

That sounds abit redundant, ninja spy.

Shutup!

Alright, but he doesn't look like one, they generally try to look really cool.

Yeah but thats the trick eh? You wouldn't expect this sort.

That is pretty sly..

They look at him suspiciously again. A pirate losses his grip and tumbles off the roof of a building. two on the ground scramble over before the thud and begin struggling for rights to his boots. Most of the others lose interest in the discussion to watch the fight.

Mee
2009-01-03, 11:05 PM
The elf shrugs, ignores them, and walks past them, taking in the sights.

Or, tries to walk past them, as he can be stopped.

Rutskarn
2009-01-04, 12:42 AM
From the fog at the end of the pier, a thin figure walks.

He appears human, dressed in a smoke-colored suit with a jet black dress shirt. His head is narrow, with a thin nose and thin lips. A pair of round black sunglasses cover his eyes, and his hands are covered in thin black gloves.

A black guitar is strapped to his back.

He approaches the sentries, looks at one, then the other.

"I wish to speak to Captain Soup, if possible."

He gives a calm, vaguely apologetic shrug.

"I have a bit of a proposition to offer, and I'm afraid I don't seem to be able to enter. I confess that my wardrobe seems to be a bit...somber."

Pandaren
2009-01-04, 01:37 AM
((You do realize you have posted absolutely nothing on the Docks thread, I'd get around to doing that.))

A small child runs into "PirateTown"

Rutskarn
2009-01-04, 01:39 AM
((He's not interested in the docks, only in the pirates))

Cpt. Soup
2009-01-04, 12:36 PM
The sunglasses wearer is stared at suspiciously by the group of pirates hanging around that spot. One, wearing a wide hat and six-shooters strapped across his chest, takes a step forward.

What makes you think theres a character around with that name?

The spokes person for the mob of pirates twitches his lip as if sucking something on his teeth while waiting for a reply.

---------------------------------------------

The pirates at the gate make little attempt to stop the elf from passing through. Corky and the other pirate watch him go.

We should have stopped him you know..

Well it doesn't matter he's probably going to get himself in trouble with the gangs and then that'll be it.

Well thats what I meant, theres going to be hell peeling his guts out from between the cobbles.

You've got a point.

The two continue to stare after him until a child passes between them and heads through the arch. The pirates all around watch the thing with dread. when far enough through they all trample over each other in their haste to get indoors. Pirates that see the creature on the street drop what they're carrying and flee. One looking like a Cossack cries out.

Child is lose in street!! Call the Catcher!!

An alarm sounds all around the barricaded docks.

Rutskarn
2009-01-04, 12:41 PM
The sunglasses wearer is stared at suspiciously by the group of pirates hanging around that spot. One, wearing a wide hat and six-shooters strapped across his chest, takes a step forward.

What makes you think theres a character around with that name?

The spokes person for the mob of pirates twitches his lip as if sucking something on his teeth while waiting for a reply.

The figure shrugs again. "Perhaps I am misinformed. All I know is that this pirate den shows up very recently...and attacks Rutskarn's bar. I know well that Rutskarn and this..."Captain Soup" character have a bit of a rivalry. I suppose I assumed that if such a person was, in fact, making a move...or existed, even, and was not just some drunken pirate legend...that they would be found here."

"Whatever the case, if there is a leader here, I have a deal they may wish to hear."

Cpt. Soup
2009-01-04, 01:04 PM
Several pirate groan at his words, the spokes-pirate appears to be prepared for this, as he looks like hes reciting a line he's been practicing for several months.

Leader you say? We pirates have long since cast off the oppressive yolk of rulers! We-

Another pirate cuts in annoyed.

He's asking to see who tells us what to do.

Hmph then I suppose there is someone named Captain Soup.

Its 10:00 now right? So the captain's probably strangling pigeons in the southeastern corner, Nows a good time to talk as the captain's distracted. Its off this way.

The more authoritative pirate hobbles off with several of the others at his heels. Most of the others, including the gunman motion to sunglasses that they are to follow behind him. They all appear tense with the alarm ringing.

Rutskarn
2009-01-04, 01:47 PM
The grey figure follows them.

Pandaren
2009-01-04, 02:09 PM
The child makes his way to the nearest building and tries to get inside.

Mee
2009-01-04, 06:30 PM
The elf keeps wandering, humming slightly.

Cpt. Soup
2009-01-05, 04:16 PM
((Such short posts! These slights will be revenged!!))

It's trying to get in! Hide the marbles!!

A muffled voice screechs from behind a door the child tries. The door holds fast as several pirates are leaning into it with all their weight. Even as the alarm wails a another sound cuts through it, a merry children's tune flows out from a gaudy wagon. The wagon, decorated with colourful images of candies and treats comes to a halt near the child.

Hello kiddie! I have treats! Do you like sweeties? Pies? Icecream? ..Lollypops?

The man at the front of the wagon hopes down lightly and beckons to the child with several lollypops. Its possible the elf might cross paths with this this narrative.
-------------------------------------------------

The pirates leading sunglasses stop with a gesture from the the one in front.

Alright here we are. The captains over there.

The pirate points at a green blob holding a grey blob near a corner made by two barricades.

Heres your chance, don't make any sudden movements and try not to make eye contact. You might want to wear a bag or something over your head.. we'll be over here.

And with that he dropped to his knees and crawled over behind a pile of building debris, the others followed him similarly.

Mee
2009-01-05, 05:25 PM
((I know, short posts are annoying, but . . . . this being your thread, I have nothing to go on, other then say that the elf keeps wandering.))
Which he does.
((See, and now I have to wait for someone to talk to him, or if he notices something interesting to check out.))

Rutskarn
2009-01-05, 05:30 PM
For a moment, the figure's cool demeanor shows signs of slipping. However, he quickly regains his composure, striding carefully over to the green blob.

"Greetings...captain? I have a proposal to share with you."

Mee
2009-01-05, 05:34 PM
((Really sorry for the OoC post, but Rutskarn, you should go read the town hall thread, or, what transpired after you left, anyway.))
Ooo! Not a solid OoC post, as the elf is still wandering.
There, neenerneener.

Cpt. Soup
2009-01-05, 06:40 PM
The blob slowly came into focus as sunglasses moved closer. The green formed into a green coat and a mess of feathers topping the hat on the Captian's head. Soup's whole body rustles and Jingles with the pirate's effort put into strangling a limp pigeon. At Sunglasses' words Soup turns to regard him without stopping. Captain Soup's eyes appear to be floating behind great big green lensed goggles, like like sea fish. The Captain frowns at the man, seemingly displeased at being interrupted but doesn't speak.

-------------------------------------------------------

A door that the elf passes by in his wanderings opens a crack.

Silly man! Can you not hear alarm? Child is about!!

It opens wider and a hand pops out gesturing to the elf.

Inside before it sees you!!

Mee
2009-01-05, 06:43 PM
A door that the elf passes by in his wanderings opens a crack.

Silly man! Can you not hear alarm? Child is about!!

It opens wider and a hand pops out gesturing to the elf.

Inside before it sees you!!

"I hear it. And what is there to fear? It's just a kid?"
But he goes inside anyway.

Cpt. Soup
2009-01-05, 06:59 PM
The pirate shuts the door and replaces the barricade after he's in.

Did you say what I heard? Is just child? Nothing to fear!? Child is worst enemy pirate can be having!!

The man peered out of a eye slot in the door.

Is not good to speak of them, is jinx.

Mee
2009-01-05, 07:00 PM
"No no, the worst enemy, are other pirates.
Not kids.
If there weren't any kids, there would be no pirates."

Rutskarn
2009-01-05, 07:40 PM
"Captain, I come to you because I think I can give you several things you want.

"You are a newcomer here, and yet, you are already a strong player. Your pirate hordes are an asset that cannot be considered insubstantial.

"And yet...several things elude you. The peace and serenity of the taverns that dot the landscape here leaves no room for proper pirate behavior. These docks are sparsely populated, and cannot even offer decent fights beyond those you stage with yourself. Rutskarn, enemy of all pirates, lies seemingly untouchable in his fortress.

"I have come to offer you mayhem, violence, stealing, fighting, and limitless freedom. I have come to offer you a way to strike out at your enemies.

"Let me be brief. I have come to offer you membership in AMEN."

Cpt. Soup
2009-01-06, 01:14 AM
The pirate's expression became that of shock at the elf's words. He put a hand on his fur hat and pushed it more firmly down on his head before he spoke again.

You not know about children... ..You are pirate, yes?

He watched the elf nervously.

------------------------------------------------------

Soup's expression didn't change as the man talked. After he finished Soup gave a final jerk to the pigeon then, after some contemplation, bit its head off. Chewing thoughtfully, Soup looked away, possibly considering the ramifications of accepting this proposal. Eventually the fish like eyes swam back towards him. Soup's sing-song voice had a metallic ring as if talking through a metal pipe.

What's a Rutskarn? I got as far as that and then you kept on dribbling on.

Soup looked the man up and down before coming back to his face. An odd dial embedded in the front of the feathered hat jumped abruptly, Soup's head twitched near the same time. The pirate moved closer to peer at the man's face, seeming to try to penetrate his sunglasses.

Rutskarn
2009-01-06, 01:28 AM
The figure didn't flinch.

"Salesman. Undead. Ninja-lover. First visitor to Piratetown. Enemy of all pirates. Member of HALO...one of AMEN's enemies."

Cpt. Soup
2009-01-06, 01:51 AM
Visitor?

Soup turned his concentration to the man's ear.

There is no ringing of bells for this character you speak about, cut the ear off. What is this about the halo and amen? I am not taking interest in a cult.

Rutskarn
2009-01-06, 10:24 AM
The figure's brow furrows.

"Cult? No, it's not a cult. It's like...like a raiding party, but big."

Mee
2009-01-06, 04:14 PM
The pirate's expression became that of shock at the elf's words. He put a hand on his fur hat and pushed it more firmly down on his head before he spoke again.

You not know about children... ..You are pirate, yes?

He watched the elf nervously.

"Well, yes, at times . . ."
He answers, smiling.

((Also, Rutskarn, I thought the town and the acronyms were staying at least a bit separate. And, due to that, I'd like you to stop trying to get more people for AMEN, on town soil.
As this is the town, (As far as I know) and not an acronym.))

Athaniar
2009-01-06, 05:04 PM
Into the Piratetown steps a purple-clad pirate-looking man, sporting a large, black beard. On his head is a circlet holding a blue gem, and on his back rests a pretty normal-looking scythe. He greets his surroundings with a hearty "Arrr!"

Not far behind the pirate, however, is a kobold clad in the attire of a monk, following him without attracting too much attention. Obviously, he didn't read the rules.

Rutskarn
2009-01-06, 05:38 PM
((@ Mee: This is a bit of sticky issue, actually. Many people use the same characters for unrelated "universes", and there seems to be at least some sort of possible connection between the Town and the other places. Captain Soup seems to be part of both the Town and Not-Town universes--pirate thugs beat down the door of one of the bars, and they seem to have come from here, suggesting a link. If this is the only place I can contact Captain Soup, it makes sense I'd come here.))

Mee
2009-01-06, 05:42 PM
((Ah, okay, never mind, then. I . . . *sigh* Wish I had known that. :smalltongue:
Ah well, sorry to bother you.
And, when you have time, if you haven't seen yet, you might want to go read the town hall thread, starting about here. (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=5582088#post5582088)
I'm just . . . not trying to throw you into a rage, or something, but you do need to know.))

Cpt. Soup
2009-01-07, 01:22 AM
((This thread isn't the town persay.. My reasoning is that my pirates have annexed the docks thread and declared it a separate entity. The pirates managed to get to Rutskarn's through shear obliviousness to dimensional distances. I suspect more of my little friends will pile into other threads through similar means!))

Eh? raiding party.. Why do they call them these odd names? Tear it. This halo and amen not fitting the burning and the looting..

Soup rolled the headless pigeon into a ball then attempted to bounce it on the ground, it made an unsatisfying thud.

------------------------------------------------

So you not true pirate then? Pirate is always pirate..

The man stopped being panicky and glared at the elf. One hand rested on top of a shotgun hanging from its strap.

Mee
2009-01-07, 01:23 AM
((This thread isn't the town persay.. My reasoning is that my pirates have annexed the docks thread and declared it a separate entity. The pirates managed to get to Rutskarn's through shear obliviousness to dimensional distances. I suspect more of my little friends will pile into other threads through similar means!))

------------------------------------------------

So you not true pirate then? Pirate is always pirate..

The man stopped being panicky and glared at the elf. One hand rested on top of a shotgun hanging from its strap.

((But, but . . . . . *head explodes*))
"Maybe not a true pirate, per say, but, a pirate, yes."

Rutskarn
2009-01-07, 10:24 AM
The figure pauses, then continues.

"I think I can get the gist of your sentiment, Captain, and will make one final appeal. What we are offering you is to join a group of people that will fight a larger group of people. And with these people, you might kill some people who are very dedicated to putting down pirates."

Athaniar
2009-01-07, 02:06 PM
The purple-clad pirate takes out a tankard filled with a violet liquid (seemingly) from inside his coat and drinks it all up, before continuing onwards, laughing heartily in a drunk sort of way. The kobold is still stalking him.

Cpt. Soup
2009-01-08, 06:36 PM
((How nice it would be if there was only this computer screen to pay attention to.))

Not true pirate? Then maybe you are sneak..

The alarm cuts off abruptly. The pirate pulls back the slot and peers out again. He grins as he sees a cage baring wagon rumble down the street, the cage contains the little child, abandoned by the poster that made him.

Is okay now, child is caught and we are free to be on street now!

He seems to have lost his train of thought from before as he removes the barricade and pulls open the door. He hastily steps out into the street and takes a deep breath from the soiled air.

Is good being pirate.

He continues onward and disappears into the building across the street. Two pirates fumbling on ladders on either side of the entrance attempting to attach a sign marking it as a saloon overhead.

---------------------------------------------------

Put down pirates..

Soup seem to be thinking about this for a moment as was no longer staring at his ear. Soup looked over at a pile a rubble some ways away.

Someone is overthere!?

Erm.. Yes Captain!

Could someone be over here!? I am beseted with a cun-un-drum by the Mr. greysuitperson here with me!

Scuffling and muffled argument could be just barely heard from behind it. Soon two figures emerge and begin shuffling in different directions, several hands reach out from the ruble and turn them in Soup's direction. Eventually the two reach them, one bumps into Captain, then hastily backs away. The tow pirates appear to have burlap bags over their heads one has a very wide hat over top is while the other seemed to have his under it from the odd bulge in bag.

You wanted to see us Boss?

Why are you always having bags on your heads when I see you?

Uh.. we're very shy Captain.

The pirates speech was muffled by the bags.

Very well.. Mr. Suitperson? I take a moment to speak to men here..

Soups leads them several feet away.

As I said this person here is giving a problem to me.

How is that Captain?

He is making no sense! He is saying people are making pirates go down!

Putting down?

Yes he said he say they make them down, is very confusing.

He's probably talking about Youth-an-nation thats what they call putting your pets out of their misery.

That can't be it! We are not miserable and not pets.

Maybe he's calling us pets, you know, patronizing us.

It's not good for him if he is, he is trying to get us to join something called amen or halo.

Why is it called that Captain? What do they do?

Not sure.. He hasn't told me about name. He make mention of small people attacking big people. He also offer killing and looting but we already have that.

Is he trying to sell you a license to kill and loot?

That would be silly. Whats the point if its legal?

I don't have any identity proof with me..

The Captain continues to converse with the two oblivious to the man overhearing everything.

---------------------------------------------------

Three pirates watch the purple pirate pass by, one of them also watches the kolbold. The third pirate waves his hands and points at the kolbold.

Did you hear that Corky? Grinnit says that little goblin thing is being inconspicuous.

What goblin thing? I don't see anything!

Its over there.

The pirate pointed at it.

Don't see it, must be really inconspicuous.

Maybe you just can't see it because-

Because what? Something you want to say!?

Corky attempted to glare at the pirate through a forest of corks hanging from his hat.

Um.. no, just because..

hmph.. well look around, anyone else watching the thing? Because he's being inconspicuous only a few can see him, being the few introduced characters so far gives us that hyper ability.

I dunno about that. Theres actually alot of others staring at it, its like a yellow lizard, don't see to many walking upright.. it's not helping itself being dressed so somberly and he's not wobbling at all.

Not even abit?

No.

That is pretty suspicious..

The three discreetly follow the kolbold. They begin acting in exaggerated nonchalance, following while whistling loudly and staring in a completely different direction. as they go on other pirates with little to do fall in behind them until a crowd of whistling aimless pirates happen to be heading the same way as the kolbold.

Mee
2009-01-08, 06:38 PM
((How nice it would be if there was only this computer screen to pay attention to.))

Not true pirate? Then maybe you are sneak..

The alarm cuts off abruptly. The pirate pulls back the slot and peers out again. He grins as he sees a cage baring wagon rumble down the street, the cage contains the little child, abandoned by the poster that made him.

Is okay now, child is caught and we are free to be on street now!

He seems to have lost his train of thought from before as he removes the barricade and pulls open the door. He hastily steps out into the street and takes a deep breath from the soiled air.

Is good being pirate.

He continues onward and disappears into the building across the street. Two pirates fumbling on ladders on either side of the entrance attempting to attach a sign marking it as a saloon overhead.

((Hate to say this, but, no, the child is still loose, as saying that you caught him for the reason of his poster abandoning him, is not fair.
His poster may not have been able to get to a computer lately.
That's all.))
THe elf is . . . somewhat confused.
"Are you sure that's the same kid?"
((He's offering you a chance to fix this . . . please take it?))

Rutskarn
2009-01-08, 06:48 PM
The grey suited figure turns to the pirates.

"I'm offering you membership in AMEN. There are some forces, such as Rutskarn, who want to see pirates scattered and crushed. They probably won't be successful, but they're irritating. You know Rutskarn? Man who runs the pub, keeps yelling epithets about pirates? Well, if you join AMEN, you get a clear shot at him. He can't hide in his pub anymore."

Pandaren
2009-01-10, 12:01 AM
The kid walks up to the man, just out of arm's reach, "Hello..." Sorry I don't have the time to read every single post, I have things to do, places to be, people to meet...

The child screams from inside the wagon, "MOMMY!!! Mommy!!!! "

Cpt. Soup
2009-01-10, 04:29 AM
((Well I suppose you're right although in my infinity paranoia I suspect a PM nudge. I could say that this isn't exactly the town though, I may just feel justified in moving such a character (I use this word loosely) out of the way if it starts to cripple the thread and is roleplayed with the same effort that one would a potato.))

Cannot be, there is one child only.

The pirate watches the wagon shrink away with a worried expression though. He jumps with a start when he notices the child nearby.

Is child!!!

He shrieks and fumbles with his shotgun. He accidentally discharges and takes out the legs of a ladder to one side and the two pirates overhead lose their grip on the sign. The sign connects with his head and he collapses. The commotion brings the other pirates laying about out of their stupor. When they gain their senses they scramble to their feet and away, either down the street or indoors. One brave pirate attempts to drag the senseless one inside the saloon, or more likely he's in the way of the door.

There is that name again, Do either of you know of a Rutskarn!? This is making me quite annoyed

Rutskarn?

One of them makes a show of scratching his bagged head before answering.

I think Corky was fuming about some guy named Ratcorn earlier, he lost a bet or something because of him..

Rusty is right boss, Grinnit went on about Corky going to rough him up but it went bad for him. That Rutskarn guy he said is some kind of latrine detective.

Soup thought about this new development.

Maybe he will not be bothering us if we keep from doodling on walls. Spreading word soon about making funny pictures is no go no more.

Eh boss? What about this amen person? Has he actually said anything about what this membership is for?

Soup's concentration was visible as the pirate tried to recall the entire conversation with him. Soups eyes swam over to stare at the man afterward

No I don't believe he did, he make promises and sweet talk with mention of hitting and monies.

I smell a scam boss. This guy with his suit he looks clean.

Really? I smell peppermint right this time. But you are right as you say he is unappetizingly clean..

Athaniar
2009-01-10, 07:28 AM
The kobold notices his new "followers" and becomes both puzzled and annoyed, and also distracted. He fails to notice the frail plank on the ground before him, steps on it, breaks it, and falls, but quickly regains his stature. The pirate he had been following, however, notices this, turns around, and takes his scythe from his back and points it towards the kobold. The kobold responds by brandishing a meteor hammer and swinging it threateningly.

Rutskarn
2009-01-10, 12:04 PM
The man in the suit is looking like he's becoming less and less convinced that this would be a mutually beneficial partnership, but continues anyway.

"Membership with AMEN entitles you to use of AMEN buildings, equipment...none of which, of course, you would need, being set up as you are here. However, there's going to be a war soon, one with significant killing and looting opportunities, as well as a chance at...'Ratcorn' if your man Corky wants it. Free vandalism of latrines everywhere. That's all I have to offer. I humbly await you decision."

Cpt. Soup
2009-01-10, 08:20 PM
The pirates watch as one of their possible fellows begins battle with the kolbold. Grinnit waves his hands in the air and another interprets.

Fight!! Purple Pete vs the Gecko! 3 to 1 on the Gecko! 10 to 1 if he ends it in 3 blows! 6 to 1 if Pete decapitates the Gecko! 30 to 1 if the Gecko still wins headless! Taking bets now!!

The swarm of pirates tighten and fill the street, a number move into buildings on either side to get a better view while concession carts and betting pools spring up.

He's doing it again boss, thats evasiveness, doesn't have the decency to lie like a proper person.

Once again you are making good points Badger, You sunglass-man will be telling me about your amen, no funny business or double speaking, I do not like wordplaying. There will be lots of punching of organs into chunky mess if you don't. I cut you open afterward maybe and enjoy tasty treat.

Soup appears to have slid on a pair of brass knuckles somewhere in that bit of dialog and begins flexing them in anticipation. The bagfolded pirates nearby make an attempt to back away towards what they perceive as away from them.

Rutskarn
2009-01-10, 09:21 PM
The figure shrugs, removing his sunglasses and tucking them into his pocket. Perhaps it was merely the buildup, or his strange demeanor, but it's almost disappointing that his eyes are ordinary hazel.

"Perhaps I've been unclear. I apologize. AMEN is an organization. We all band together so we can further our own interests--we kill, steal, and develop hellish technologies together. We were planning to declare war on another organization, HALO, dedicated to stopping robbers, killers, vandals and their ilk. We needed some extra firepower, and I thought you and your pirates might want to join forces, as it were. You, the leader, would become a member of AMEN. Your pirates would still be under your command, of course."

Mee
2009-01-10, 09:29 PM
((Well I suppose you're right although in my infinity paranoia I suspect a PM nudge. I could say that this isn't exactly the town though, I may just feel justified in moving such a character (I use this word loosely) out of the way if it starts to cripple the thread and is roleplayed with the same effort that one would a potato.))

Cannot be, there is one child only.

The pirate watches the wagon shrink away with a worried expression though. He jumps with a start when he notices the child nearby.

Is child!!!

He shrieks and fumbles with his shotgun. He accidentally discharges and takes out the legs of a ladder to one side and the two pirates overhead lose their grip on the sign. The sign connects with his head and he collapses. The commotion brings the other pirates laying about out of their stupor. When they gain their senses they scramble to their feet and away, either down the street or indoors. One brave pirate attempts to drag the senseless one inside the saloon, or more likely he's in the way of the door.

((Doesn't matter if this is town or not, it's still a form of godmodding.
All I'm doing is pointing it out, nothing more.))

The elf winces at the loud discharge. Then sighs: "Pirates." :smallsigh:
This . . . could be taken as an insult . . .

Cpt. Soup
2009-01-10, 10:22 PM
Soups manner changes after The man takes off his glasses. A grin appears and seems to take up more then half of Soup's face. The Captain's nasty beartrap of a mouth gleams golden, the man likely is able to see his reflection in those teeth.

Okie maybe I find your amen and join. Carve up the nose, You is seeing me yes?

The Captain begins rocking from side to side.

One of the other pirates shuffles his feet.

Erm, you took off your glasses didn't you? If I was you I'd be stabbing out my eyeballs about now..

Eyeballs..

Soup happily intoned

Rutskarn
2009-01-10, 10:54 PM
For the first time in the whole negotiation, the figure looks genuinely disturbed.

"...eyeballs?"

He coughs, unsure of what to say, and gives an expression as if prompting Soup to continue.

Cpt. Soup
2009-01-10, 11:13 PM
Soup nodded cheerfully.

Yes Mr No-glasses, we reach understanding and now I break off fingers and shove them into your ears Okie?

Soup abruptly lunged at the man while grinning madly.

Rutskarn
2009-01-10, 11:15 PM
The figure seems not entirely unprepared for this, unsurprisingly.

He dives the the right, grabbing Soup's jacket in an attempt to pitch his opponent over the docks.

Cpt. Soup
2009-01-10, 11:25 PM
The man would hear muffled metallic jingling from within Soup's coat. If he grips it to hard he'll likely injure himself on the many implements crudely stuffed within, as it is several dirty knives tumble out onto the ground as he tugs at the coat. Soup is sent flying towards the water, however the pirate twists around wildly and latches onto the edge of the docks. Soup's glee is hardly dampened as the lunatic starts to crawl back onto the deck.

Oh you is quick! Maybe I'll remove feet first and nail them to hands..

Rutskarn
2009-01-10, 11:27 PM
The figure, not one to give up easily, climbs onto a nearby crate.

"And what response should I read into your reaction, good captain?"

Cpt. Soup
2009-01-10, 11:45 PM
Soup stands as up right as is usual for the pirate and looks up at the man.

Read? There is no reading, I don't and you won't. You hop down now so I can cut you or I shooted your feet and play with your teeth.

Soup draws a revolver from within the jingling coat and points it him.

Shooting makes less fun so be quick about it.

Rutskarn
2009-01-10, 11:49 PM
The figure sighs, dropping down off the crate.

"Very well," he says, stalking slowly towards the Captain. He spreads his hands outwards, as if to ask that both parties calm down--and then, slides a knife from a trick holster into his hand, lunging towards Soup.

Cpt. Soup
2009-01-11, 12:04 AM
If possible the grin on Soup's face widens. The pirate pulls the guns trigger several times, training it on him. With the other hand Soup begins to tug a sword out.

Oh ho Tricksie sneak?

Rutskarn
2009-01-11, 12:08 AM
Desperately, the figure hurls himself to the ground. One of the shots grazes his shoulder, and he tumbles towards Soup's feet.

Rolling as best as he can, he tries to knock Soup's legs out from under him and buy enough time to regain his footing.

Cpt. Soup
2009-01-11, 12:17 AM
Soup is tripped and falls. Rolling to a side the Pirate gets back up and finishes tugging out the sword, a nasty cleaving tool looking more in keeping with a butchers work.

Okie you have sneaky knife I show you real knife now.

Rutskarn
2009-01-11, 12:23 AM
The figure gives a short, cold smile.

He lunges, scything up and right towards the face and slightly past Soup, his footwork placing him nearly adjacent to his adversary. Having thus placed himself, his left hand comes diving in for Soup's back--a knife now clenched in that fist as well.

Cpt. Soup
2009-01-11, 12:34 AM
Soup's head snaps back and attempts to engulf both hands in the great razor maw. Soup's sword is swung in a wide horizontal arc and makes an audible whomp! sound more appropriate for a club then a sword's whoosh!

Rutskarn
2009-01-11, 12:39 AM
Unprepared for such a tactic, the figure springs back, barely keeping his footing as he tries to put as much space between himself and Soup as possible. Once he is out of sword range, he slows his backpedaling pace, knives ready, head glancing to see if any of the other pirates are about to join the fight.

Cpt. Soup
2009-01-11, 01:04 AM
The other two pirates have risked peeking out from under their bags and are quietly making their way back to the pile of rubble. From the ruble several faces are looking out some with binoculars or telescopes.

Almost tasted finger..

Soup stuffs the revolver away and takes another object out in its place. The pirate clicks something on the item then holds it up.

Hello? Yes this is Soup here be coming up soon, something to shooted at for you.

Rutskarn
2009-01-11, 01:09 AM
The figure straightens up, sighing. He puts on his sunglasses again.

"Well. This meeting has been...illuminating, Soup. I'm afraid I won't be able to forgive you. Not merely because you've turned down our offer, but because you've forced me to waste my second knife this week."

With that word, he hurls the throwing knife at Captain Soup's face, forcing Soup to dodge. In that single instant of breathing room, the figure dives off the pier, disappearing under the cold waters.

Cpt. Soup
2009-01-11, 01:55 AM
Eh?

Soup's head leaned to a side in a question. The knife, due to Soup's jittery and unstable stance thunks into the pirate's hat. Soup's eye's roll up to stare at the quivering thing and sighs. Shortly afterward a large submarine breaks through the water, the pirates operating it leap out, AA cannons and other sinister looking hardware spring up with more leering nastily while operating it.

It's to late the Mr. glasses is gone and left, no shooting.

Their combined aww of disappointment softened Soup's frown.

Alright.. theres some over behind the rubble.

The gun operators gleefully went about their work as they unleashed a blazing barrage of lead on the pirates behind it. Several managed to escape the fire, among them were the bagged pirates. The survivors disappeared behind the wall of buildings. Soup sighs again.

Amen? Maybe interesting for looking.

Athaniar
2009-01-11, 11:16 AM
The kobold lashes out with his meteor hammer, only to have the pirate stop it with his hand, and with a flick of his wrist disintegrate it. Even more angered, the kobold hurls a golden shuriken which he had concealed in his sleeve. As the shuriken hits the pirate, the illusion breaks, and reveals that the "pirate" is really a mysterious, purple-robed, mask-wearing humanoid, his body fully concealed. The scythe he was holding also changes, turning completely pitch-black.

Cpt. Soup
2009-01-11, 04:47 PM
Say Grinnit, that one there isn't a pirate then?

Grinnit nodded.

You know what this means then?

He nodded again and put on a grim expression, they immediately tripled the odds. Several whistling pirates pushed out a large object into the middle of the street somewhat behind the press of pirates, the item is obscured by a large sheet.

---------------------------------------------

Meanwhile over by the elf and the child the unconscious pirate is eventually pulled inside and two others begin forcing the heavy doors closed.

Mee
2009-01-11, 09:01 PM
The elf tries to get out, before the doors lock him in.

Sorry for not posting here for a little while, I've been busy.

Athaniar
2009-01-12, 12:54 PM
The blue gem in the center of the purple-robed's mask starts to glow. The kobold brings forth a quarterstaff, and places himself in a defensive stance.

Athaniar
2009-01-15, 01:05 PM
But instead of launching a lethal, mind destorying chaos beam as the kobold had expected, the purple-robed man just disappears (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=102201), leaving his adversary kind of confused.

Cpt. Soup
2009-01-15, 05:40 PM
Grinnit waves his hands and another translates.

Erm! Purple Pete has been magiked away by the Gecko! So all bets are void!

At the roar of angry/drunken protests Grinnit gestures at the Kobold.

Yes you're right Grinnit. It now falls to the lizard thingy to reimburse all bets!

The pirate masses stare at the Kobold expectantly.

The pirate drops the unconscious one once in the salon and huffs a sigh of relief.

Well that was close eh? That sticky handed monster almost got us!

He lets his eyes slide around the room slowly.

Um.. It is outside right?..

Fear and paranoia quickly grew to breaking point and the pirates in the bar broke down the door and fled out into and down the either side of the street.

Mee
2009-01-15, 05:43 PM
The elf, who I assume escaped, is wandering.
And passes by the kobold.
He stops, and just . . . looks at the kobold.
Curious, mostly.

The Cats
2009-01-15, 06:13 PM
Four cats sauntered into piratetown, and yes, saunter is the perfect word for they way they moved. They were cats, after all.

There was a small, white kitten, a large orange tabby, (obviously the leader) a gray furred lady cat and a second tabby, who never seemed to be the same color every time you looked at him.

The kitten, orange and multicolored tabbys quickly bounded away, into buildings and onto rooftops to wreak who knows what kind of mischief, leaving the gray cat sitting in the middle of the street. She demurely licked herself a few times, cleaning away the grime from the day's travels before sashaying (yes, sashaying) over to the nearest pirate. (At least, one would assume it was a pirate, this being pirate town.)

Mew.

And while all that was said was "mew," it was meowed in such a way that clearly meant "Go get me a saucer of milk and two fishheads, you big pink fool."

(OOC: Ahem. yes, I am roleplaying four cats. Wanna make something of it? Anyways, if any of you feel the scene you're in requires a cat in it for any reason whatsoever, remember there are three of them running all over town. Feel free to add one of them in, letting me know with a (OOC: "cat's name" has joined us!) in the cat's color, or something like that and I will totally RP it up with you. Their colors are in my sig, along with their names. Nick'n'Dime is the one harassing a pirate right now. And yes, I am ambitious.)

Athaniar
2009-01-16, 12:20 PM
His adversary having fled the scene, the kobold has no more business in pirate-controlled area. From his left sleeve he takes a black, fist-sized sphere with a piece of magic paper attached to it. He throws it to the ground, and then vanishes in a puff of black and purple smoke.

Green-Shirt Q
2009-01-16, 07:18 PM
A large bomb-omb with a large beard walks into Piratetown.

This town seems to be being crime-filled. Perhaps a fun challenge will be to clean up this town.....

He mutters to himself in a deep voice.

Cpt. Soup
2009-01-18, 11:38 AM
The pirates spit a curse on the vanishing and aside the few who hurry away with their fellows gold the majority begin to brawl in the street. Two pirates dash off into an allyway. Corky looks down at the ambitious cat meowing at him.

Ahh! A raccoon!!

The pirate makes a terrified eep and starts away. Another pirate looks down at the cat and scratches under his helmet.

I think it's a cat Corky.

Thats what I said! Is what a raccoon is a cat! Probably got the rabbis

Rabies?

No not bearded priests! The rabbis, the thing that makes you crazy and makes your mouth all foamy.

Like the Captain?

Is right, exactly like the Boss.

I can see why you're getting all squee-mush about it then. I don't think its a raccoon though..

Oh yeah?

It doesn't have the big mask thing all over its face for a start and isn't wearing those little gloves.

Well maybe it took them off.. Out of respect for the rules you know.

Mmhmm..

The two watch the cat silently for a few moments.

-----------------------------------

pirates to either side of the street stare at the large bomb-omb. They're not very sure about how to react to the vague being that they see as little more then a blur.