PDA

View Full Version : What's next?

Thayus
2009-01-01, 11:49 PM
I'm guessing that Parson's going to have to head out to do battle personally. He needs those undead to be buffed up if they're to be useful, and he's the only one left who can provide that bonus.

-Thayus

Whispri
2009-01-01, 11:54 PM
I'm guessing that Parson's going to have to head out to do battle personally. He needs those undead to be buffed up if they're to be useful, and he's the only one left who can provide that bonus.

-Thayus

He does still have two of the Uncroaked Warlords he started with. And perhaps a few more, during the tunnel fight he told Sizemore to keep hitting the leadership when Webinar and Dora were closing in.

luffy316
2009-01-01, 11:55 PM
honestly stumped. frankly, everything he's tried has worked a little bit, but the sheer mass of his enemies always gets him. he needs to either hack at their alliances or have Stan haul major boop back home to stall for another opening

Aquillion
2009-01-02, 01:39 AM
He does still have two of the Uncroaked Warlords he started with. And perhaps a few more, during the tunnel fight he told Sizemore to keep hitting the leadership when Webinar and Dora were closing in.Uncroaked warlords will be easily killed by the Arkenpliers, though, now that Ansom has them again. And Sizemore can only provide bonuses to golems.

Given how close the wall is to falling, though, I doubt Parson can easily go out there. Falling back and trying to revive Wanda seems like it's the best option IMHO.

SteveMB
2009-01-02, 02:30 AM
And perhaps a few more, during the tunnel fight he told Sizemore to keep hitting the leadership when Webinar and Dora were closing in.

Er, wouldn't that mean "keep trying to take out Webinar and Dora"? There's no indication of any other warlords being in the tunnel incursion force.

Whispri
2009-01-02, 06:32 AM
You know he could try and make a deal with Translyvyto. Pay them in Mathamancy maybe.

Er, wouldn't that mean "keep trying to take out Webinar and Dora"? There's no indication of any other warlords being in the tunnel incursion force.
He can't 'keep hitting' the leadership if that's the first time he's seen them. Plus there were Marbits listening to Ansom's plan way back at the beggining, and another joining in the victory dance the Coalition Warlords were having while the Dwagons were dining on the siege, so at the very least... At the start of this Stanley had one Warlord for what, every hundred troops or so? That may be excessive, but would Ansom really have less then one per thousand?

Whispri
2009-01-02, 08:47 AM
Uncroaked warlords will be easily killed by the Arkenpliers, though, now that Ansom has them again. And Sizemore can only provide bonuses to golems.

Given how close the wall is to falling, though, I doubt Parson can easily go out there. Falling back and trying to revive Wanda seems like it's the best option IMHO.
True, but surely he can't launch surgical carpet strikes outside of his own turn? No zone crossing is allowed after all. Also he's unlikely to personally destroy every one of the uncroaked on the walls this turn, just enough for a breach. And therefore, when it's Parson's turn he could have Sizemore deliver those Warlords wherever he needed them without fear of them being auto-dusted.

Come to that, if Ansom ends turn outside the Garrison walls, Sizemore could plow up from below ground, croak targets, then withdraw and heal his Golems before repeating. He could do a lot of damage that way. He could do that now if the RCC punches a hole through the Outer Wall.

The Archons are the problem though. I think at this point Parson pretty much has to utterly defeat either the Archons, or the Coalition Siege on his next turn or the jig is up.

DigoDragon
2009-01-02, 09:00 AM
I'm hoping for Stan to get back in time for an Ansom/Stan 'Duel ofthe Tools'.

DevilDan
2009-01-02, 12:17 PM
I'm hoping for Stan to get back in time for an Ansom/Stan 'Duel ofthe Tools'.

Unless Ansom can attune to the arkenpliers before then, it does not seem like that would be a fair fight, mano a mano.

plainsfox
2009-01-02, 04:29 PM
....and? When has anything in this comic been fair?

SeraphRainy
2009-01-02, 05:48 PM
Well Wanda is definitly safe. But the likelyhood is that the walls will fall this turn.

Ansome now has the carpet and the pliers back and unless parson has somthing else that could swat "air unit ansome" he can fly right back up and keep selectivly engaging the uncroaked for the remainder of the turn. This may or may not be enough to crack GK's walls but the story thus far has suggested that they will have to fall back into the garison and hold out.

This makes sense for several reasons,

Parson is looking for a gamelike solution and in games you never have real victory until you are backed into a corner or making a desparate last push. (Take starcraft for example. You win every scenario only to have your efforts thwarted off screen until you end up desparate and in one last charge werein the hero dies or proves his worth.)

Two is that his toolship shall return soon and being backed into a corner is his element. Remenber he is a terrible strategist and a horrible leader but a presumably good tactition that seems to make reasonably good in combat decisions and backs em up fairly well. (Like with lightning.) So being packed into one corner with a chokepoint and all his forces and casters concentraited there it looks like the perfect time for parson to make an opportunity and the cavalry(stanley) charge in to "save the day."

And Parson will say, "Good job tool for flying in under that air defense screen I happened to set up and croaking their heavies en mass." or something to this effect.