PDA

View Full Version : [Screen Name] Disciple of Fenris

Fenris
2004-07-22, 06:04 AM
Disciple of Fenris

The cloaked stranger had been drinking at the tavern all day, consuming enough mead for three men. To the relief of the tavern owner, Lain, the stranger final piled a small stack of silver coin on the bar and sat back. His hood fell back exposing his scared face, smiling as he pointed at Lain and then at the coins and grunted. When Lain reach out to take the coins the stranger seized his arm and pulled it across the bar as he produced a rusted cleavers from this robe with the other hand.
Lain woke up several hours later his right hand missing and his tavern empty except for him and his barmaid, she explained that the robed stranger had taken his hand eaten it as the patrons ran for there lives. When the stranger had finished his meal he changed into a strange half man, half wolf creature and left the tavern.
Most of the people of the town were now lying dead or maimed.

The Disciples of Fenris have dedicated themselves to sowing the chaos that Fenris himself would have caused had he not been tricked by Tyr. Their membership is mostly made up of barbarians and raiders devoted to the great wolf.
Disciples of Fenris are known for there unbridled fury in combat. Taking on the half form of Fenris, he grows vicious fangs and massive claws, patches of hair thicken to fur and his eyes reflect the river of blood. The Disciple of Fenris can focus the River of Blood, spewing boiling blood at their opponents.

Hit Die: d10.

Requirements
To qualify to become a Disciple of Fenris, a character must fulfill all the following criteria.

Alignment: Chaotic Neutral or Chaotic Evil
Skills: Survival 8 ranks, Knowledge (Religion) 2 ranks and Intimidate 8 ranks.
Feats: Destructive Rage, Intimidating Rage
Base Attack Bonus: +6
Bite the hand that feeds: Must eat the hand of a living humanoid as part of the ritual that induces the beast in the Disciple of Fenris.

Class Skills
The Disciple of Fenris’ class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are Climb (Str), Craft (Int), Handle Animal (Cha), Intimidate (Cha), Jump (Str), Knowledge (Religion) (Int), Profession (Wis), Ride (Dex) and Survival (Wis).
Skill Points at Each Level: 2 + Int Modifier

Class Features
All of the following are class features of the Disciple of Fenris prestige class.

Weapon and Armor Proficiency: Disciple of Fenris gains no proficiency with any weapon or armor.

Form of the Beast (Su): A Disciple of Fenris can take the form of the beast, as a full round action, a certain number of times per day. When in the form of the beast, a Disciple of Fenris temporarily gains a +4 bonus to Strength, a +4 bonus to Dexterity, and a +10 bonus to his land speed. A Disciple of Fenris may prematurely change back to his normal form. A Disciple of Fenris may only take the form of beast once per encounter. At 1st level he can use his form of the beast ability once per day. At 3rd level and every three levels thereafter, he can use it one additional time per day (to a maximum of four times per day at 9th level). The form of the beast lasts for a number of rounds equal to 3 + the character’s Constitution bonus.
While in the form of the beast he gains a bite attack and two claw attacks. A Disciple of Fenris is considered proficient with these attacks. When making a full attack, a Disciple uses his full base attack bonus with his bite attack but takes a –5 penalty on claw attacks. The Multiattack feat, see page 304 of Monster Manual, reduces this penalty to only –2.

Size Bite Damage Claw Damage
Small 1D6 1D4
Medium 1D8 1D6
Large 1D10 1D8

Unchainable (Su): At 2nd level, the Disciple of Fenris can no longer be held when he is in the form of the beast and is treated as having the spell freedom of movement, see page 233 Players Handbook, cast on him anytime he is in the form of the beast.

River of Blood (Su): At 4th level, the Disciple of Fenris can spew boiling blood at his opponents. Use all of the rules for a cone dragon breath weapon, see page 69 of the Monster Manual, except as specified here. At 4th level River of Blood deals 4D8 damage in a 15’ cone. At 8th level it deals 6D8 in a 30’ Cone. Reflex for half (DC equal to 10 + the disciple’s charisma bonus + the Disciple of Fenris class levels). River of Blood is only usable when the Disciple of Fenris has taken the form of the beast.

Keen Claws (Su): At 5th level, the Disciple of Fenris’ claws are treated as being enchanted by the keen edge spell, see page 246 Players Handbook, giving them a threat range of 19-20 x2 any time that he is in the form of the beast.

Size of the Beast (Su): At 7th level, the Disciple of Fenris’ beast form becomes even more impressive. When he changes form he may choose to increase his size category by one size as if effected by the enlarge person spell, see page 226 Player Handbook.

Vicious Bite (Su): At 10th level, the Disciple of Fenris’ bite attack becomes incredible destructive causing wounds. Treat his bite attack as being enchanted with the wounding special ability, see page 226 Dungeon Masters Guide. The Disciple can only use this ability when in the form of the beast.

Table 1-1 Disciple of Fenris

Base
Attack
Level Bonus Fort Ref Will
1st +1 +2 +0 +0 Form of the Beast 1/day
2nd +2 +3 +0 +0 Unchainable
3rd +3 +3 +1 +1 Form of the Beast 2/days
4th +4 +4 +1 +1 River of Blood (4D8)
5th +5 +4 +1 +1 Keen Claws
6th +6 +5 +2 +2 Form of the Beast 3/days
7th +7 +5 +2 +2 Size of the Beast
8th +8 +6 +2 +2 River of Blood (6D8)
9th +9 +6 +3 +3 Form of the Beast 4/days
10th +10 +7 +3 +3 Vicious Bite

Gilgamesh
2004-07-22, 06:40 AM
It's decent, it'd work in a Norse setting well, and I'm playing in one of those at the moment.

Perhaps add a required Base Attack Bonus of +6 to requirements. With a lot of Intelligence, it's otherwise possible to meet them at levels lower than 6.

For the class skills I would add: Handle Animal (Because the class seems quite bestial) and Escape Artist (To tie in with 'Unchainable').

How long does the form of the beast last? Can he revert back at will? Also is the size gain optional, it could be disadvantageous, and are all the normal things added when he gains a size? What if he can't already gain any more sizes? No change I assume.

Equlan
2004-07-22, 07:31 AM
pretty good, it's always nice to see Norse-styled classes ^^

Form of the Beast (Su): At 1st level the Disciple gains the ability to change his form once per day and an additional time every third level (3rd, 6th and 9th). When the Disciple is in the Form of the Beast he gains claws (1D6+1/2 Str for medium size) and a bite (1D8+Str for medium size) attack, +4 Str, +4 Dex and +10 movement. These bonuses stack with bonuses from Rage of Frenzy.

I assume 1D6+1/2 Str for medium size means for small size?

Fenris
2004-07-22, 08:34 AM
Quote from Gilgamesh
Perhaps add a required Base Attack Bonus of +6 to requirements. With a lot of Intelligence, it's otherwise possible to meet them at levels lower than 6.
Thanks that is on my little piece of paper it just didn't make it to the computer :-/.

I will add the Handle Animal I like that idea, but the escape artist seems a little to finessy for the class. I put the destructive rage on thier kinda like a way to break free from chains and other things.

On the Form of the beast claws I mean for medium size creatures, I will find a way to make that more clear, thanks Equlan.

Equlan
2004-07-22, 08:44 AM
I misread the ability, I thought it was different damage for the claw, didn't see the little word "bite", my mistake.

Fenris
2004-07-22, 08:47 AM
Equlan

No, problem I want it to be easy to read. I don't want you to have to figure it out, I want it to make sense. I think that it was good feedback.

Equlan
2004-07-22, 09:00 AM
Well it does make sense, I just didn't read it properly.

It'd be cool if you made a disciple class for the worm, of course I don't know it's English name but in Danish it's Midgårdsormen.

EDIT: I don't think the ride skill fits the class very well, how about giving it tumble instead?

Fenris
2004-07-22, 11:37 AM
Midgard is how I see it write the most.
I included ride because it is a base skill of a traveler which I see as a common thing for people of Chaotic alingment.

Zherog
2004-07-22, 04:29 PM
Howdy, Fenris. A few general comments, then we'll get to specifics.

Your table should appear before your abilities. Showing your chaotic nature? :P Also, your abilities should (generally) appear in the order they're granted. For example, you currently list the 4th level ability first. Finally, you have a few common typos - typically using the wrong version of there/their/they're. I can point them out, if you'd like. Here's the general meanings, though, so you can locate 'em yourself:

there - refers to a location. "He's standing over there."
their - refers to ownership. "They took their boat out on the lake."
they're - a contraction of they are. "They're going to the party at 9pm."

OK - on to some specifics.

<<snipped flavor text>>

Your flavor text is nice, but after reading it, I still don't really know who Fenris is. Perhaps a little info about him?

Hit Dice: d10.

I think perhaps a d12 might be more appropriate. It's a class intended for barbarians and frenzied berserkers after all.

Requirements
To qualify to become a Disciple of Fenris, a character must fulfill all the following criteria.

Alignment: Chaotic Neutral or Chaotic Evil
Skills: Survival 8 ranks, Knowledge (Religion) 2 ranks, and Intimidate 8 ranks.
Feats: Destructive Rage and Intimidating Rage
Base Attack Bonus: +6
Bite the hand that feeds: Must eat the hand of a living humanoid as part of the ritual that induces the beast in the Disciple of Fenris.

Good, solid requirements.

Class Skills
The Disciple of Fenris class skills (and the key ability for each skill) are Climb (Str), Craft (Int), Handle Animal (Cha), Intimidate (Cha), Jump (Str), Knowledge (Religion) (Int), Profession (Wis), Ride (Dex) and Survival (Wis).
Skill Points at Each Level: 2 + Int Modifier

Spot and Listen might make good class skills. Those are skills often associated with animals. If you were to add them, you could probably go to 4 skill points per level. I'd have to ponder it, based upon the rest of the class.

River of Blood (Su): At 4th and 8th level, the Disciple of Fenris gains the ability spew a steam of boiling blood as a breath weapon, at 4th level River of Blood deals 4D8 damage in a 15’ cone; at 8th level it deals 6D8 in a 30’ Cone. The save DC for the River of Blood is equal to 10 + his Disciple of Fenris levels. River of Blood is only usable when the Disciple of Fenris has taken the form of the beast.

A save DC also typically should include an ability score. I think other breath weapons are often based on Constitution, which would be a really tough save in this case since the DoF is gonna have a kick ass Con score. Another common ability to use is Charisma, which would help to make the stat something other than a dump stat for characters with this class.

Unchainable (Su): At 2nd level, the Disciple of Fenris can no longer be held when he is in the form of the beast and is treated as having the spell freedom cast on him anytime he is in the form of the beast.

Freedom is a ninth level spell. You're giving it to a PC at, effectively, 8th level. That's probably a bit much - even if it is only usable when in his alternate form. My suggestion would be to find something a little lesser than Freedom - a bonus to Escape Artist, for example, and grant that here. Then find a way to do this ability later on.

Now, with that said, Freedom isn't an on-going effect - it's instantaneous. You cast it on somebody, and they're free. I'm kinda thinking you meant Freedom of Movement and not Freedom. If so, you can correct the name, and this ability is fine for the level.

Form of the Beast (Su): At 1st level the Disciple gains the ability to change his form once per day and an additional time every third level (3rd, 6th and 9th). When the Disciple is in the Form of the Beast he gains claws (1D6+1/2 Str for medium size cretures) and a bite (1D8+Str for medium size cretures) attack, +4 Str, +4 Dex and +10 movement. These bonuses stack with bonuses from Rage of Frenzy.

Several things here. First, I'd list the Bite attack before the claw attack, as it's the primary attack type. Second, you didn't name the bonus type - which may be OK, just remember that as an unnamed bonus it stacks with everything.

Next, the name here doesn't match the name in the table. You should switch one so they match.

Finally, you don't list the type of action required for the transformation. Is it a Standard Action, Move Action, Free Action, Full-Round action, etc. I'd recommend Standard, though I could probably be talked into making it a Move Action.

Keen Claws (Su): <<snipped>>

Nice. 8)

Size of the Beast (Su): At 7th level, the Disciple of Fenris’ beast form he may become even more impressive as he grows one size category then he changes. This ability to increase your size does not stack with any other ability to increase your size.

The wording here is a little clumsy. I think I understand the intent - a medium character becomes large when he shifts - but it needs to be worded a little better. Perhaps, "At 7th level, the Disciple of Fenris's beast form becomes even more impressive. Whenever he shifts, his new form is one size category larger than his normal, humanoid size. This increase does not stack with other size increasing effects (such as the Enlarge spell). The character gains all the normal bonuses and penalties for the size increase (increased strength and con, reduced AC, reduced To Hit, etc)."

That was off the top of my head, so there might be some issues in the wording.

Severing Bite (Su): At 10th level, the Disciple of Fenris’ bite attack becomes capable of severing limbs, if the Disciple gets a successful critical hit with his bite attack his target will lose an arm of the Disciples choosing. The Disciple can only use this ability when in the form of the beast.

This is a nice flavor ability, but unfortunately it doesn't have any mechanics in the game to back it up. As best as I can recall, there are no listed penalties for when somebody loses an arm. I can think of two options. First, you could list all the penalties here. So, for example, they can't use two handed weapons, they can only use a weapon or a shield, not both, penalties to skills, etc.

The other option I can think of is to instead make his bit Vorpal. This means he would be bitting off heads rather than arms, but at least the mechanics for it already exist in the game. Vorpal isn't too bad of an ability for 10th level, either, so there really shouldn't be a power issue. If you go with Vorpal, remember that Vorpal only works on a natural 20, not a critical.

Equlan
2004-07-22, 05:00 PM
I can help a bit with who Fenris is.

Fenris is, as I recall it's been a while since I read/heard the stories, the child of the god Loki from the Norse mythology. Loki wasn't really a god, but basically.
Fenris had the shape of a giant wolf and caused some havoc and was prophesized to kill Odin (god of death and king of one of the two god-races: Aserne) during Ragnarok (end of the world).

Very basic leaving tons of details out, sorry about some of the words, I have no idea of the English equals of most of the names from my ancestors' religion...

Personally I think it's very important NOT to change the last ability from affecting arms, because:

The gods chained Fenris, but to make it calm they had to prove they wouldn't hurt the wolf with the chain, thus Tyr (a god of war or something like it) had to put his arm inside the wolf's mouth while the other gods chained the beast. Of course when the beast found out it couldn't get free it bit the arm off.

Again simple, quick few details but it should explain.

Thus it would kinda destroy the Fenris-like style of the feat to make it vorpal. You're right that numbers are needed for the ability though...

JAB
2004-07-22, 05:05 PM
As I found out when I created a 1-handed character for a PbP game here on the board, there are specific penalties listed in the DMG for the lose of limbs. I can't recall the page myself, but if you look through the 3.5 dmg you will find them.

Zherog
2004-07-22, 05:21 PM
As I found out when I created a 1-handed character for a PbP game here on the board, there are specific penalties listed in the DMG for the lose of limbs. I can't recall the page myself, but if you look through the 3.5 dmg you will find them.

Ah, excellent. Then I would suggest simply referencing those into your ability. You could even do it the easy way and supply the page number. ;D

Fenris
2004-07-24, 04:17 AM
JAB: All I can find in the DMG is haveing your hand damaged. Page 27 was this what you were looking at or is there some info that I missed?

Equlan: Thanks for the run down on the Great Wolf.

Zherog: I am still looking at and working on all the changes that you porposed for me. thanks

Starbuck_II
2004-07-24, 11:32 AM
JAB: All I can find in the DMG is haveing your hand damaged. Page 27 was this what you were looking at or is there some info that I missed?

Zherog: I am still looking at and working on all the changes that you porposed for me. thanks

Having your hand bitten off is pretty damaging, no ;)

Equlan
2004-07-24, 01:03 PM

'Twas my pleasure ^^

About the penalty, I don't know the numbers, but it's around -2 to a few things isn't it? If it is, you could perhaps double the penalty or at least add -2 more?
Perhaps make it a bleeding wound so that the victim suffers 1d6 damage for 1d6 rounds after being bitten, unless someone heals him with the skill or a spell.

evileeyore
2004-07-24, 01:32 PM
On Fenris, Tyr, chains and arms.

Tyr placed his hand within Fenris mouth when it was captured as a sign of trust that they (the Gods) would not betray it. Tyr knew Fenri needed to be chained as it was a hellish terror that was ravaging and destroying the countyside.

So the Gods hunted the Fenri wolf, and finally captured it, but could not contian it without killing it. Fenri knew it would be chained, just like Garm, and fought even harder.

Tyr stepped forth and declared that they only wanted to help take Fenris somewhere that it wouldn't hurt Asgard (Gods home) and Midgard (Earth). Now everyone knows that Tyr is the only honest and truthful God (aside from Baldur), so Fenris says, okay bub, just put yer hand in my mouth, if this is a trick, I get your hand.

Tyr agreed. Fenris calmed down, and when distracted by Tyr standing before him with his hand in the wolf's muoth, the other Gods leapt out and chained Fenris.

Tyr lost a hand (his right, and swording hand), Fenris was drug to the underworld and chained so that he could not escape.

It is foretold (already happened) that Fenri will escape and kill Odin, which is the last sign of Ragnarok (apocalypse-last war between Gods and Giants).

On this regard i have no problem with the "unchainable' ability being Freedom of Movement that lasts whilst in beast form. Very apropos, I applaud it.

However Fenri really isn't known as an eater of arms. Yeah it happened once, but he isn't known for that specifically. He is better known as the Second most destructive beast (Garm beats him by a hair), thus I think something Vorpal, or a Sundering would be more appropriate. In fact Garm and Fenri has the ability to destroy and eat anything, crushing rock and steel with their jaws, so some Improved Sunder would IMO fit better.

On the whole a very sweet PrC, with tons of Norse Flavor.

Now go read mine (http://www.giantitp.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=features;action=display;num=10906475 69) (and feedback me)!--EvilE

Starbuck_II
2004-07-24, 03:56 PM
What abouting giving him Swallow Whole ability some monsters hsve such as T-rex?
evileeyore says:

In fact Garm and Fenri has the ability to destroy and eat anything, crushing rock and steel with their jaws

So swallow whole makes sense to me. But only after reaching size of the beast and while in beast form of course.

Equlan
2004-07-24, 04:13 PM
Well the story I've heard is that the wolf grew larger and larger until only Tyr of all the gods dared to feed it, thus he was the one Fenris trusted the most. The gods realized they'd have to chain him for their own and the human's safety. They tricked Fenris to believe it was a game to test it's strength, it took them 3 different chains before they finally had one strong enough to hold the beast.
However by the third chain Fenris had become suspicious and thus the putting Tyr's hand in it's mouth.

Regardless of how the story(ies) go I think the eating of a single arm is most appropriate for these reasons:

1: Most characters will not, not even when they are in the larger version of their beastforms, be large enough to reasonably swallow, for example a human whole, that would seriously limit the ability's usefulness if you could only swallow, say halflings and smaller creatures.

2: The ones with this class are only disciples and thus can't do what their master can do, so a single limb is a bit more reasonable than swallowing and all that in my oppinion. Besides it's still pretty damn cool to bite off the arm of a god ^^

Exitor
2004-07-25, 02:04 AM
You still need to define how long the Form of the Beast ability lasts and how the character can turn it off.
Also with all of the abilities tied to being in the form of the beast, you may consider upping the HD or skills so there is something when the character isn't in Beast form.

JAB
2004-07-25, 09:24 AM
I am refering to the section entitled "Damage to speicific limbs" and so, yes, those are the penalties my one-handed character has.

Elemental_Reaver
2004-07-25, 09:57 PM
About the Animal form , what about werewolves or other already animal(wolf) shaped forms that are able to take up this class.

Fenris
2004-07-26, 03:34 AM
That would be fine. I am sure the Disciples of Fenris would be more than happy to have a werewolf join there ranks.

Zeigfreid
2004-07-26, 02:15 PM
Hi

Change the name to Get (n. offspring, progeny) of Fenris. I know it's a whitewolf rip-off, but it's also a better, more cool name. Disciple indicates a measure of discipline, or so I would imagine, but if it takes discipline to eat a guys arm, then count me out. If you didn't want to go with Get, you could also just use Child, or something more personal.

Also, thank you for showing me the word Midgardsormen, it sheds a little bit more light on the brilliance of Final Fantasy 7. Midgar, and the Midgar Zalem suddenly makes more sense. God that game rocks.

Also also, you somebody the worm? What's its role in norse mythology.

Equlan
2004-07-26, 02:46 PM
A quick paragraph descriping the Fenris wolf and Midgardworm:

Some of the creatures which stems from Loke is Fenrisulven and Midgårdsormen. Midgårdsormen was thrown in to the sea where he growed rapidly so that he eventually encircled the earth and bit himself in the tail. Fenrisulven on the other hand was adopted by the gods (which proved to be a big mistake). The playful puppy soon growed into a monster which strength and hostility threatened the other gods. Therefore they tried to bind him with a chain (with name Gleipner) made of iron which he promptly ripped apart. They made a new leash made of, among other things, the beard from women, the roots of the mountains, the sound of steps from a cat, the spitt from the bird and other equally rare materials. This very soft and thin rope was shown to Fenrisulven and he was offered to rip it apart. Fenrisulven, which suspeceted foul play, was rather reluctant to take the offer. Only when the god Tyr put his hand in to his mouth did he allow the rope to be pulled over the head. When he found out that he was tricked he thus in anger bit the hand of Tyr and thats the story behind Tyrs:s lost right hand...

I got it from this site: http://www.luth.se/luth/present/sweden/history/gods/Old_norse_myth.html

The worm is prophesized to be killed by Tor during Ragnarok, however in the process it's inside's acids will spill out over Tor and he dies from it.

Fenrisulven means the Fenriswolf and Midgårdsormen means (duh) the Midgaardworm.

Finally I think you should keep Disciple, it simply means follower...
The vocabulary says:
One who embraces and assists in spreading the teachings of another.
An active adherent, as of a movement or philosophy.
often Disciple One of the original followers of Jesus.
Disciple A member of the Disciples of Christ.

Zeigfreid
2004-07-26, 04:53 PM
Hi

Wow I love words, mole-hills, and mountains.

One who embraces and assists in spreading the teachings of another? Unless Fenrir had teachings, this sounds bunk.

An active adherent, as of a movement or philosophy? It's conceivable that Fenrir's spreading of chaos could be considered a movement, but to me it doesn't sound as if the actual Fenrir was anything more than a savage beast. Sounds bunk to me.

One who receives instruction from another; a scholar; a learner? Nope, not that either.

To punish; to discipline? This one's a verb, "to disciple someone", and it's the only one that doesn't sound bunk. The name would have to be The Disciplers of Fenrir, which I think would be cool, but doesn't have the same ring.

z.

Equlan
2004-07-26, 04:56 PM
Well it's a synonym of follower so I still think it fits. But yeah it wasn't much more than a savage beast, beast enough to kill Odin.

Zherog
2004-07-26, 05:11 PM
For a word similar to child how 'bout progeny?

The Progeny of Fenris

Geethree
2004-07-26, 05:23 PM
Feats: Destructive Rage and Intimidating Rage These aren't core and are the only non-core things in your class. I would change the requirements to "must have access to the Rage or Frenzy ability." This still restricts the class to the barbarian and makes it entirely core.

Form of the Beast (Su)Describe what the transformation is like in brief. Do they become wolf-life? Do they choose what shape to take?

Overall I think it's a very interesting class, but I would like to see a larger introduction. Expand on the story and make it clearer who these disciples are. Are they organized? Do they work together? Also, you should work on your writing in general. Make sure that everything is clear. For instance, you say that the DoF gains +10 movement while in beast form, but that's not really a techincal term. Clean it up; say "the Disciple gains a bonus to his land speed of 10 feet." We know what you mean by +10 movement, but it's not what would appear in a published book. There are quite a few small problems like that throughout your class.

Fenris
2004-07-27, 10:42 AM
I am going to think about changing the title (disciple part of the class) I did not think about it much, and I do like some of your suggestions.

As for making the intro longer and more explainitory, I am working on it but I have the writing skills of a slow third grader, so it takes a long time. But the deadline is closing.

Geethree: I like those feats as requirements, I do see the value of making the class completely core but I can't see changing thelem.
I agree I need to add a description to the form of the beast but I am slow to do it because I want it to be really cool, scary.
Thanks for the heads up on the movement I forgot to proof for "Wotc" speech so everything is standard.

I changed the bite mechanics check them out.

Equlan: what no Gorm history?

Again thanks to everybody for your suggestions.

GeeVee
2004-07-27, 10:54 AM
He is better known as the Second most destructive beast (Garm beats him by a hair)

What? Jormungand is way more powerful than ol' Garm. Jormungand was supposed to be the very being that kept humans from leaving Midgard by other means that Bifrost! No human ever reached the shores of Asgard thanks to him. He killed every single one of the sailors who came too close to the other lands.

We Icelanders value our history. We have an active Norse religion, which is the second largest religion in Iceland, next to christianity. We even demanded that some smelly old books which everyone knows the content of and which no one ever read anyway be taken from our conquerers, the Danish.
IN YOUR FACE, DANISH PEOPLE!

Fenris
2004-07-28, 05:56 AM
Updated:
Reworked the form of the beast so that it is more clear and a few other minor changes.
Still thinking about the name of the PrC and the name of size of the beast ability.
Trying to write better intro story and a description of the Cult of Fenris and how the Disciples fit into it.

Equlan
2004-07-30, 05:08 PM
We Icelanders value our history. We have an active Norse religion, which is the second largest religion in Iceland, next to christianity. We even demanded that some smelly old books which everyone knows the content of and which no one ever read anyway be taken from our conquerers, the Danish.
IN YOUR FACE, DANISH PEOPLE!

What books?

Also the Norse religion or Asa troen was recently "regognized" as a real religion by thestate in Denmark and has a small following, need I say I consider converting...
Need to refresh my knowledge of the stories first though...

A horrible example of my lack of knowledge: Who the hell is Garm?!

Lol, I actually have a funny story about how Iceland became free from my "evil" ancestors, all made up and used to fool children, made up by my brothers' dad, not the place for it here though.

Sinnssyk
2004-07-30, 07:58 PM
A horrible example of my lack of knowledge: Who the hell is Garm?!

Garm is an enormous, usually blood-soaked, four-eyed hound who dwells in a cave called Gnipa and guards the entrance to Helheim. His howl is supposed to signal the start of Ragnarøk, and in the final battle between the gods and their enemies, he and Tyr will kill each other.

Equlan
2004-07-31, 05:14 AM
Thanks for the description of Garm :)