PDA

View Full Version : New Sorc Feats(PEACH)

Darth Stabber
2009-01-08, 08:58 AM
Divine blessed sorcerer
Prerequisites - Sorcerer, must worship a deity and have the same alignment as that deity.
Effect - Knowledge religion is now a class skill for you. Choose a domain your deity can grant, gain that domain ability, and one of your spells of each level is now a prepared slot with the spell of that domain.
Divine Favored Sorcerer
Prerequisites - Divinely blessed sorcerer, able to cast 9th lvl spells without preparation, Not true neutral.
Effect - You may add miracle to your spells known. You also gain 1 alignment subtype that your deity posseses

Thoughts

Knaight
2009-01-08, 09:06 AM
This seems expensive, one feat should cover all of this.

Darth Stabber
2009-01-08, 09:54 AM
Okay, powered up.

The Neoclassic
2009-01-08, 11:25 AM
To the contrary, I find this overpowered. Wizards and sorcerers lacking access to healing spells is one of their primary balancing factors. If you can take one feat and then be able to switch between cure serious wounds and fireball... I see overpowered (not to mention spotlight stealing) PCs in the near future. So, yeah, the Divinely Blessed Sorcerer looks interesting, but I'd entirely remove the cure/inflict part of it. Gaining access to five to nine spells which would usually be for clerics only plus a domain power is more than enough of a benefit for one feat.

Divinely Favored Sorcerer looks good though.

Neek
2009-01-08, 12:40 PM
To the contrary, I find this overpowered. Wizards and sorcerers lacking access to healing spells is one of their primary balancing factors. If you can take one feat and then be able to switch between cure serious wounds and fireball... I see overpowered (not to mention spotlight stealing) PCs in the near future.

This can already happen. Arcane Disciple, CDiv pg. 79. More or less, you can add spells from that domain to your class spell list. They require Wisdom to cast and for DC, and you can cast or prepare one spell from each level once per day. If you qualify, and take Healing as your domain, you get 1 heal a day.

As a Sorcerer, this cuts into your spells known, which is a bit of a problem. And you can't exactly spam it. As a Wizard, however... well, Scribe Scroll is all I'm saying.

Divine Blessed Sorcerer does something a bit odd: You get the domain feat; it's not specific if the spells are added to your class list or to your spells known (this needs to be clarified). You still cast from Int, not Wis. Moreover, you can add a type based on your alignment (Cure or Inflict). This is too much.

I'd balance the feat against Arcane Disciple, as it's the only way for an arcane spellcaster to get divine spells.

So, yeah, the Divinely Blessed Sorcerer looks interesting, but I'd entirely remove the cure/inflict part of it. Gaining access to five to nine spells which would usually be for clerics only plus a domain power is more than enough of a benefit for one feat.

I agree wholeheartedly.

Divine Favored, on the other hand... it's nice.