PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Beguiler build help

Stark
2009-01-11, 07:18 AM
I'm making a beguiler, starting at level 6, and was wondering if someone could help me pick some feats

The race is gnome, and i plan to take the shadowcraft mage PrC

Thanks in advance

Edwin
2009-01-11, 07:22 AM
I'm making a beguiler, starting at level 6, and was wondering if someone could help me pick some feats

The race is gnome, and i plan to take the shadowcraft mage PrC

Thanks in advance

I would say that depends very much on what you want to be able to do.

Kurald Galain
2009-01-11, 07:24 AM
Arcane Disciple.

Dazzling Enchantment.

Stark
2009-01-11, 07:27 AM
a short description and location of the feat would be greatly appreciated thanks

Tempest Fennac
2009-01-11, 07:29 AM
http://crystalkeep.com/d20/rules/DnD3.5Index-Feats.pdf is likely to contain those feats. If you can put 4 skill points into Intimidate, Diplomacy, Sense Motive and Bluff, you may want to take a 1 level dip in Mindbender. I can't remember the other prequisites, and you'll lose 2 skill points from the level, but it will give you Telepathy with a range of 100', which may be useful to you.

Stark
2009-01-11, 08:03 AM
I never got why telepathy was seen as so important for the beguiler. Could anyone elighten me?

Abstruse
2009-01-11, 08:44 AM
Other than free, silent communication with anyone within 100' whenever you want it? Other than getting the only pre-requisite for the feat Mindsight (from Lords of Madness, p.126), which allows a character to:

"detect and pinpoint beings that are not mindless within range of its telepathy. This works much like blindsense -- the creature knows what square each thinking being is in, but it does not see the being, and the being still has total concealment unless the creature can see it by some other means. The creature also perceives several observable characteristics about each being detected with mindsight, including the being's type and INT score. The creature need not take any additional or special actions to gain this information; it is as obvious to mindsight as the being's race and clothing would be to eyesight."

That's got a ton of fairly obvious advantages.

Kurald Galain
2009-01-11, 08:57 AM
a short description and location of the feat would be greatly appreciated thanks

Google is your friend.