PDA

View Full Version : Stanley's return

Olibarro
2009-01-16, 10:40 AM
Based on everyone's calculations, Stanley can potentially show up at any moment now (or at least he can once GK's turn starts). Since Jillian/Transylvito hasn't shown up yet this turn, I'm guessing they won't get back until after Stanley, although I suppose it's very possible that Jillian and Vinnie could come limping back here at the end of RCC's turn in the middle of Ansom's ongoing attack.

Anyway, here's what I'm hoping: I don't want Parson to be in trouble and have Stanley's timely return save his bacon. It wouldn't be cheating or out of line with anything we've learned so far in the story, but it would cheapen the story for me to feel that Parson didn't ultimately win on his own. Yeah, I know that technically, they're on the same team, and so they're all one big fighting force, and I know that the only reason the Tool is coming home is because Parson planted that seed with Jack, but it would still feel a little less than satisfying in terms of story.

On the other hand, I don't want Parson to be on the brink of victory and then have Stanley's return affect a complete turnaround and let Ansom get the upper hand again. I understand that would give Parson another chance to prove he's the ultimate warlord and pull out another big solution, but I think we've already seen Parson go through that process of proving himself. Having happenstance give him another huge turnaround where he's got to do it all over again would feel redundant.

I suppose my ideal situation would be for Stanley to return and have circumstances convince him that he did save the day, even though Parson had it all but won already. Let Stanley's return be just a case for humor as he thinks he's the conquering hero while giving Parson no credit (or only grudging minor credit) while everyone else knows the truth.

Of course, in the end, Rob and Jamie know the story and characters better than I do, and whatever they choose can work if done right, but that's my 2 schmuckers.

Promakhonas
2009-01-16, 11:38 AM
Issue: I see no feasible way for Parson to beat Charlie's Archons alone, given the Mathamantical guarantee of their numerical sufficiency.

Whispri
2009-01-16, 11:51 AM
Issue: I see no feasible way for Parson to beat Charlie's Archons alone, given the Mathamantical guarantee of their numerical sufficiency.

Those calculations are now out of date, Parson has since gained his Sword and a large number of Uncroaked. A repulsed attack on the Garrison will allow the creation of more Uncroaked further changing the odds.

Olibarro
2009-01-16, 12:00 PM
Yeah, that calculation is no longer valid.

However, I suspect that Charlie sent extra just in case, and I bet you are right.

Having Parson soundly beat the ground forces and then have Stanley's help to scare off the archons is not a bad way to go.