PDA

View Full Version : My computer can't save images of any sort.

Wreckingrocc
2009-01-16, 08:16 PM
As it says in the title, I need some troubleshooting help.

I first noticed it a few weeks ago when trying to copy images from a PDF file I had to paint so I could then upload it to photobucket. When I hit the save button for paint, the loading icon appears and never goes away. I've waited for minutes before, and it can never save an image, no matter how small. It works fine when I copy pixels, but I can't save a file.

Recently, I also tried downloading Jasc Paint Shop Pro. The program works fine, except for the fact that the same problem arises whenever I try to save any file of any sort.

I can export images in inkscape just fine, and I can load them all I want.

I've even tried changing the file extension from BMP to PNG and GIF, and the problem still occurs.

Does anyone have any advice? I'm kind of stuck here, and it's getting ridiculous.

RTGoodman
2009-01-17, 12:38 AM
Did you check where you're trying to save the files to? Like, maybe a flash drive that isn't connected or something like that? I'd make sure of that first. Maybe just try making a simple drawing and saving it directly to the desktop or something like that, just to see if that works. Try to save it in PNG, JPEG, andd any other formats, just in case.

Wreckingrocc
2009-01-26, 09:56 AM
Yep... Saved them to a folder which I'm exporting to constantly. I know the folder exists and everything...

It also frequently slows down and shows the loading symbol when I hit "Page Up" to leave the folder and navigate the containing folder when choosing where to save it. Once I get the loading bar, it stops responding to anything, and has essentially frozen. The only way to stop it is to hit CTRL+ALT+DELETE and terminate the process.

Wreckingrocc
2009-01-27, 08:24 PM
No advice...?

=(

Damn... I'm in quite a tough position right now... I suppose it's time to dust of my MacBook and order Windows for Mac so I can actually use it for something...:smallannoyed:

Does anyone know any real mice that can be bought for macs? Can I just use a regular mouse? Or is Apple too ignorant to put a universal mouse port on their computers? I'm mainly interested in the ability to right click on my computer.

Lyinginbedmon
2009-01-27, 08:29 PM
Most mice available for a fair price on most markets are USB, though as a consequence of this plug mice are even cheaper most of the time.

Personally I'd go with a USB mouse, they're maybe £17 here without going for an uber gaming mouse or somesuch.