PDA

View Full Version : Who dares challenge The Cats?

The Cats
2009-01-18, 12:59 AM
(OOC: Haven't seen many duels in this forum, so I'm making one. Open to any challengers. True style, five posts not counting intro, in the final post go ahead and cheez 'kill' my kitty. Or kitties. Need an explanation of any of this? Go ahead and ask.)

It was a grand arena- no, no more like a colosseum! Well, actually it was just an arena, but that doesn't sound nearly epic enough. The football field sized 'killing pit' as the locals so eloquently called it was surrounded on all four sides by bleacher after bleacher after bleacher, each one filled with dozens of cheering, bloodthirsty fans! They knew the rules; Two 'men' enter, one man leaves! The rules, at least for tonight, didn't count worth a horse's patoot.

A heavy iron door opened on one end of the arena. The roar of the crowd grew louder and louder until it was a deafening roar in anticipation of this new challenger. Surely this would be an epic battle, a night to remember! And out of the door strode... four... cats.

One, a white, longhaired kitten. Another, a large, orange tabby. The third, a gray lady cat and finally another tabby whose fur seemed to change color every time you looked away. The crowd was a bit disapointed. They were used to muscle bound madmen swinging spiked balls around on chains. How were these four housecats going to entertain them?

The Cats walked into the arena. Rawr, the white kitten, who was still a tad confused. "Why are we here again, Fasa?" she asked. Of course what she really said was Mrrewrrl? but for the sake of sanity I'm translating.

"I've told you a thousand times; for the prize. Now stop asking!" replied the orange tabby.

The gray cat (Nick'n'Dime) was busy using the sand filled stadium as a very large litterbox and missed this exchange. She did, however hear Miaow, the fourth of The Cats, hiss "Something's coming!"

A heavy iron door was opening on the other end of the arena...

Boo
2009-01-20, 10:13 PM
Us abandoned thread guys gotta stick together, yo! >> Advertising Bread'n'Butter Bakery for anyone looking to buy! Town or Acroville!

In any case, Dave enters the arena. He's not quite sure why he's here. Nor is he able to comprehend how he got here. It seems his player wanted to annoy him in some fashion, but Dave wouldn't know that since he cannot see the fourth wall unlike others in this sub-forum.

He takes a few steps forward to see his... opponents. Strangely, the Colosseum door was still open after having entered. Maybe it has to do with the fact that only one man has entered, and therefore he should leave as well. He didn't recall any rules saying four cats and one man enters, four cats OR one man leaves. Unless there were some hidden rules on the VHS of Thunder Dome that he missed. Maybe some new ones on the DVD?

In any case, he clutches his favourite axe that was not mentioned up until this point to leave you guessing, and asks himself if killing cats would be related to his past career of... something.

There's a link to Dave in my signature if you care to look. Nothing spectacular, and I think four cats could probably kill him, or at least tie in that he dies from blood loss after having killed them all.