PDA

View Full Version : Help healing the party [4E]

Totally Guy
2009-01-18, 05:00 AM
The party in the game I'm running consists of a Wizard, Paladin, Rogue and a Warlock. There was a warlord but the player retired that character so he could try out a rogue and have some fun with the system, if you're not having fun that's a choice I suppport fully.

However I have just spotted that Lay on Hands that the paladin has only works a number of times equal to Wis mod / day. Which is a little worrying as in the last battle I recall it was used about 9 times when the character's wisdom is either +2 or 3.

This will be very frustrating for the player when I inform him that he can't do the healing like that.

So first of all I need to find a way of healing the party so I can at least provide a healing strategy along with the bad news. Very conveniently I have placed a pregnant NPC cleric into the story so I might be able to use use her without stealing the limelight.

KKL
2009-01-18, 06:20 AM
Healing potions work fineish. But mainly you'll want a Cleric or Warlord in the party. You've done well so far by dropping in the Cleric NPC.

And why pregnant?

Charity
2009-01-18, 06:29 AM
so he can write her out at a moments notice (should he desire) and also justify her never entering the fray I would imagine... also why not?

Totally Guy
2009-01-18, 07:01 AM
The pregnant cleric was an accident in actuality, conceived before I even noticed the problem, I'm just lucky like that. Yes I think I'll plonk her into the party with all the narrative advantages Charity already spotted.

KKL
2009-01-18, 08:13 AM
pregnant cleric...conceived
...:D

Alright, just curious.

ashmanonar
2009-01-18, 12:06 PM
...:D

Alright, just curious.

Ha, I caught that too. Bit of a freudian slip, methinks.

Totally Guy
2009-01-18, 05:50 PM
pregnant cleric was an accident

That too. :smalltongue: The contraceptive spell failed.