PDA

View Full Version : How does turn order work?

RedScholarGypsy
2009-01-18, 01:23 PM
Has there been an explanation, in comic that I've missed or in the forum I haven't seen?

DevilDan
2009-01-18, 01:37 PM
We haven't had an explanation of turn mechanics.

Here's some things we know:
An overlord, the leader of a side such as GK (Stanley) or the RCC (Ansom), can choose to end a turn early.
Sides that join the conflict last seem to get their turn first: Transylvito and Charlie joined later and went before GK, with RCC as the attackers (the originators of the war) going last.
At the start of a turn, units heal.

We don't know whether there's a time limit on turns.

SteveMB
2009-01-18, 02:08 PM
We haven't had an explanation of turn mechanics.

Here's some things we know:
An overlord, the leader of a side such as GK (Stanley) or the RCC (Ansom), can choose to end a turn early.
Sides that join the conflict last seem to get their turn first: Transylvito and Charlie joined later and went before GK, with RCC as the attackers (the originators of the war) going last.
At the start of a turn, units heal.

We don't know whether there's a time limit on turns.

More precisely, Transylvito and Charlie split from the Coalition in order to work Ansom's turn-order exploit, and took their turn on their own order rather than simultaneously with Jetstone (as they did while part of the alliance).

quindraco
2009-01-18, 09:46 PM
See here: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=5448054&highlight=turn#post5448054

SteveD
2009-01-19, 07:08 AM
What about sides that aren't involved in the conflict? When do their turns come?

Fjolnir
2009-01-19, 08:51 AM
Judging by the fact that Erf is in a state of constant warefare I assume the turn order is based on whatever war they're fighting in.

DevilDan
2009-01-19, 11:47 AM
Judging by the fact that Erf is in a state of constant warefare I assume the turn order is based on whatever war they're fighting in.

That is the belief; that's why people didn't stand around waiting for Charlie or Transylvito in the first turns.

SteveMB
2009-01-19, 12:19 PM
That is the belief; that's why people didn't stand around waiting for Charlie or Transylvito in the first turns.

Transylvito was apparently allied to Jetstone until Ansom did his turn-order exploit, so they would have taken their turns at the same time. As for Charlie, apparently if a side isn't involved in an action its turn flashes by (perhaps just a few seconds for its upkeep and unit-popping) and is not really noticed (just like in a real-life game, come to think of it).

DevilDan
2009-01-19, 12:27 PM
Transylvito was apparently allied to Jetstone until Ansom did his turn-order exploit, so they would have taken their turns at the same time. As for Charlie, apparently if a side isn't involved in an action its turn flashes by (perhaps just a few seconds for its upkeep and unit-popping) and is not really noticed (just like in a real-life game, come to think of it).

As I figured it, Transylvito troops outside of the RCC weren't in the conflict until they were sent purposefully to intercept Stanley. Dunno.

jindra34
2009-01-19, 02:20 PM
As I figured it, Transylvito troops outside of the RCC weren't in the conflict until they were sent purposefully to intercept Stanley. Dunno.

So your proposing each unit has its own turn? not each nation/faction/kingdom/whatever?

small pumpkin m
2009-01-19, 07:17 PM
So your proposing each unit has its own turn? not each nation/faction/kingdom/whatever?

No, each "side" has it's own turn. Vinnie and the bats were part of the RCC "side", however at the time, Don King, Caesar Borgetta and the Mario Vampire were part of the Transilvito "side", and thus had their own separate turn, which didn't affect Gobwin Knob, because they weren't part of the conflict between Stanley the Tool and the RCC.

(I'll be very surprised if I spelt all of those properly)

Godskook
2009-01-20, 06:07 PM
No, each "side" has it's own turn. Vinnie and the bats were part of the RCC "side", however at the time, Don King, Caesar Borgetta and the Mario Vampire were part of the Transilvito "side", and thus had their own separate turn, which didn't affect Gobwin Knob, because they weren't part of the conflict between Stanley the Tool and the RCC.

(I'll be very surprised if I spelt all of those properly)

Despite TV having no other presence within the RCC, TV is listed as an RCC 'ally'. That means they had their turn on the RCC's turn.

DevilDan
2009-01-20, 06:23 PM
Despite TV having no other presence within the RCC, TV is listed as an RCC 'ally'. That means they had their turn on the RCC's turn.

One could assume that.

Fjolnir
2009-01-22, 03:06 PM
I think turn order is basically a very easy "First In, Last Out" setup, meaning that the aggressor goes after the defender after the first turn, and any other parties come in at the top of the turn order unless they choose an established side in the conflict (this explains the 'xploit nicely, because tv pulls out of the war along with charlie and rejoins as their own side(s) to get to the head of the turn order for the next turn.)