PDA

View Full Version : Reenactors ITP

Lorn
2009-01-20, 04:53 PM
Anyone else ITP into historical re-enactment, no matter which era, at all?

As one can surmise from the above sentence, I most definitely am; been doing it for... hard to say. Four years, I think, with this coming one being my fifth.

My group focuses on the Viking, Saxon and Normal eras, reenacting all aspects of everyday life from back then. I have a huge personal focus on the combat, and in the two years or so I've been able to actually fight properly I've managed to learn how to handle both spear and scramseax fairly well, starting to fight with axe a bit more.

Anyway - anyone else interested in reenactment at all?

rankrath
2009-01-20, 05:52 PM
I'm a member of the SCA, though I haven't been to a meeting in about 4 months due to school/debate. As for in-society activities, I rapier fence and do calligraphy (poorly)

Moff Chumley
2009-01-20, 07:37 PM
I reenact late sixties Pink Floyd, does that count? :smalltongue:

rankrath
2009-01-20, 07:53 PM
I reenact late sixties Pink Floyd, does that count? :smalltongue:

in costume?

Ash08
2009-01-20, 08:06 PM
I'm a member of the SCA, though I haven't been to a meeting in about 4 months due to school/debate. As for in-society activities, I rapier fence and do calligraphy (poorly)

Hey, i'm a memeber too! What Kingdom are you part of? (that kind of says it all, I'm a squire right now, and working pretty hard on my swordsmenship)

rankrath
2009-01-20, 08:19 PM
Hey, i'm a memeber too! What Kingdom are you part of? (that kind of says it all, I'm a squire right now, and working pretty hard on my swordsmenship)

Middle Kingdom, Barony of the Cleftlands. You?

Lorn
2009-01-21, 01:34 PM
Well, I'm a member of Regia Anglorum. Hm, I was hoping I'd have seen a couple more people from my period... ah well.

My new helm arrived yesterday :smallbiggrin: It's big, and shiny, and heavier than my axe... but it feels solid on my head, which is the important bit. Yay!

Sadly, the strap is less than authentic, so I'll need to replace that. And possibly the webbing inside, an arming cap might keep it on better...

Erloas
2009-01-21, 03:18 PM
I'm currently in Artemisia, but I spent most of my fighting in Atenveldt. As far as I know the local group here is all but gone, so I would be looking at fairly long travels to do anything. Well to Salt Lake City for the most part, but thats at least 3-4 hours depending where in SLC things might be happening. I'm going to start looking into it more come spring time.

Unfortunately I got a bit lazy before I left and missed out on a potentially large amount of fighting when I was still in Phoenix. It just happened that living where I did in the Phoenix area it was about an 45 minutes to an hour and a half (depending on traffic and where I was living which changes a fair amount for a while there) and it was just too hard to make it to practice and still get up the next day for work.

I am planning on going to Estrella war this year, I've already got the tickets and pre-registered. So if anyone else is making it this year maybe we could meet up for a little bit there.

Ash08
2009-01-22, 10:21 PM
Middle Kingdom, Barony of the Cleftlands. You?

Western Kingdom, Province of the Mists.