PDA

View Full Version : The Success Thread

Attack Amazon
2009-01-20, 07:03 PM
So, I was reading around and saw that there's a thread for relationships and depression and crushes and all kinds of other things, so how about a thread to talk about really cool things that have happened to you recently? It's impolite to brag and dance around in public, that's what the interwebz are for. :smallbiggrin:

So, without further ado...I GOT A 100 ON MY PSYCH EXAM TODAY!!! w00t!

Moff Chumley
2009-01-20, 07:33 PM
I'm getting a new sequencer? (I hate eBay)

Boo
2009-01-20, 07:45 PM
I got 94% on a practice exam for math, which was very depressing since I thought it would be 'hard'. :smalltongue:

Don Julio Anejo
2009-01-20, 08:01 PM
I want to say that today is the first time I sat down and started doing homework NOT 2 AM the same day it's due in about... well, since I started university.

I GOT A 100 ON MY PSYCH EXAM TODAY!!! w00t!
Yay! What's the subject?

Fan
2009-01-20, 08:04 PM
The lowest grade I got on ANY of my exams was a 85, and that was in advanced physics .... :smallbiggrin:

Ash08
2009-01-20, 08:04 PM
On Friday I got 196 points out of a 200 point Bio-chemistry test that was supposed to be the hardest test of the year... I'm very happy with myself

Flame of Anor
2009-01-20, 11:53 PM
I want to say that today is the first time I sat down and started doing homework NOT 2 AM the same day it's due in about... well, since I started university.

I GOT A 100 ON MY PSYCH EXAM TODAY!!! w00t!

Yay! What's the subject?

My wild guess, seeing as it's a Psych exam, would be that it's in the subject of Psychology. (I don't know of too many schools that teach psychosis or psychokinesis.)

Zeful
2009-01-21, 12:25 AM
My wild guess, seeing as it's a Psych exam, would be that it's in the subject of Psychology. (I don't know of too many schools that teach psychosis or psychokinesis.)

And for good reason, a school that teaches sychokinesis would have been vaporised by me, err... I mean a former student. Yeah,
>.>
<.<
^(o.o)^

On topic: I haven't had many successes which actually felt like such because people like to beat the self-esteem out of me.

reorith
2009-01-21, 12:41 AM

this school has both (xavierinstituteforhigherlearning.edu)

Ego Slayer
2009-01-21, 12:50 AM
Success? Pfft. :smallsigh:

I lived through yesterday. That's a plus, right?

If I live through tomorrow I'll celebrate with champagne.

F'srs.

Archpaladin Zousha
2009-01-21, 01:16 AM
I aced my first World Religions quiz, and I beat Sonny 2.

Icewalker
2009-01-21, 01:17 AM
Just bought a new computer! Lenovo, so it's pretty ugly, but also same/better specs as the alienware equivalent for $600 less, so I'd say that's a success.

Also, I can get a 50.24% on my math final tomorrow and still have an A in the class. :smallbiggrin:

Jalor
2009-01-21, 07:10 AM
I can finally play most of "Tornado of Souls" on the guitar. All I need to learn now is the solo. I can also sing while playing it if I have the lyrics in front of me, even with my hopelessness at multitasking. Also, I've finished the entirety of the lead and rhythm guitar parts to a song I have been writing.

Mc. Lovin'
2009-01-21, 07:59 AM
:smallsmile: I started a project which could or could not change my life forever

Sneak
2009-01-21, 06:56 PM
Well, I'm just awesome in general, does that count as a success? :smalltongue:

Okay, actual successes.

Out of the exams I got back today, I got an A+ on my Spanish midterm and an...A-, I think? Anyway, a 91 on my chem exam. Coulda done better, but still a good grade. I'm not complaining. I also got an A on the English essay I wrote about a poem.

Also, I'm not dead yet. I consider that a success.

FdL
2009-01-21, 07:42 PM
I finally beat that damn hard mission on Heroes of Might and Magic V that had made me abandon the game a while ago :3

Vizen
2009-01-21, 07:46 PM
I successfully predicted when I would wake up today! No need for alarms.

In other news....I have successfully managed to save over $1,500 NZD. *proud of self*

EDIT: I also just noticed that I'm a dwarf ITP now.

Sewer_Bandito
2009-01-22, 08:02 PM
I successfully achieved Nirvana the other day. Other than that, there's not a whole lot going on over here.

Toastkart
2009-01-22, 08:09 PM
I recently got into a masters program in psychology. My first class is an advanced horizon seminar on nothing.

Teela-Y
2009-01-22, 09:43 PM
I've been writing everyday! I really want to be a novelist, but I'm going to wait a few years before attempting to publish. Either way, I want to perfect my skills, so I have made a goal to write everyday.

So far I've been writing a least a few sentences to add to my story daily. =3 Yay progress yay! *claps hands*

Congratulations, everyone, for your successes. What're your goals?