PDA

View Full Version : The Missing Playgrounder Thread

banjo1985
2009-01-22, 11:07 AM
Are there Playgrounders you haven't seen for a long time? Guys and girls that never posted in the Goodbye thread?

This thread is for people who are worried about a Playgrounder they haven't seen here for ages,. Maybe someone else knows that the person's alright, or maybe it might even encourage someone to post, if only to say that 'they aten't dead.'

There are a few people I'm concerned about myself:

Akaziel
DarkLightDragon
Ezlo
Fleeing Coward
Vavaara

There's a few people who've left that I still have sporadic contact with, which is the only reason they're not on the list. The fact that I'm a heartless prat is nothing to do with it. :smalltongue:

Dallas-Dakota
2009-01-22, 11:52 AM
I'm Da Rogue:sad:

And De, even though I think she said she was leaving, I still miss her...:sad:
*tries not to think about missing playgrounders any more*

Cobra_Ikari
2009-01-22, 11:53 AM
I think I've seen DLD logged on, but I don't remember if it was here or on an IM program. I think Da Rogue is still well, just no longer talks to playgrounders...and De should be ok, but can no longer come here. =\

The person I used to really worry about was Voleta, but...I don't think anyone's seen her in ages. =\

*wonders what would happen were someone in an accident or otherwise injured and couldn't contact anyone* >.<

Dragonrider
2009-01-22, 12:40 PM
I'm not gon'd...but I'm berry busy and not posting hardly ever. :smalltongue:

Almighty Salmon
2009-01-22, 12:54 PM
Fleeing Coward

Urk, yeah. Fleeing Coward. My old rival. :smallfrown:

The only other person I can think of is Ichneumon, haven't seen her around in ages.

Dr. Bath
2009-01-22, 12:56 PM
Urk, yeah. Fleeing Coward. My old rival. :smallfrown:

The only other person I can think of is Ichneumon, haven't seen her around in ages.

She pops into Arts & Crafts on occasion... the last time I remember was a little bit before Christmas (I could be remembering incorrectly mind you)

And Freshmeat_ is someone I haven't seen in ages... someone did mention that he was taking a break from WW and the playground though. I want my Poirot fix! :smallfrown:

Mordokai
2009-01-22, 12:58 PM
Yeah, Fresh decided to take a break, he told me so himself. He's ok, I can say that much, but anything else is his to share or keep secret, as he pleases.

Dirk Kris
2009-01-22, 01:10 PM
Anyone seen V Junior lately?

FdL
2009-01-22, 01:12 PM
You know, I've thought of this before. Something I fear is if something bad happens to me and I'm unable to tell my online-only friends and the forum.

And for the same reason I do worry when I know nothing of my online friends for some time.

I should think of some kind of backup plan in case it happens...Not that there would be a lot of people who cared, but I'd still want people to know, they deserve it.

I should instruct my relatives or leave instructions on how to post with my name.

Cobra_Ikari
2009-01-22, 01:12 PM

I thought she changed her name. To, like, Rebelle or something?

Or am I totally confused? >.<

Cristo Meyers
2009-01-22, 01:17 PM
Last I knew Fleeing Coward was suffering from Extreme Diablo 2 addiction...but that's third-hand knowledge...

Mordokai
2009-01-22, 01:17 PM
I should instruct my relatives or leave instructions on how to post with my name.

Is it too geeky I've considered this as well? Or am I just vain to think somebody would actually, you know, care? :smalltongue:

Cobra_Ikari
2009-01-22, 01:23 PM
Is it too geeky I've considered this as well? Or am I just vain to think somebody would actually, you know, care? :smalltongue:

I had this, too, for a while. Now, I just hope someone would update my facebook, and a playgrounder would inform everyone else. =\

Jack Squat
2009-01-22, 01:23 PM

heh...I already have a plan in place. I stay logged on, so all that has to happen is one of my brothers come in saying what happened.

I've tried to stay away from here just to see if anyone would notice...but I have trouble not posting here for more than a couple days :smalltongue:

There's got to be a Playgrounder's Anonymous or something...

FdL
2009-01-22, 01:25 PM

Dunno, if you think about it objectively, and as this very thread says, being offline for a long time could mean really bad stuff if you don't have any other way of contacting the user, or it simply could mean something else. But the uncertainty sure could be unsettling.

And that is something I don't like about online socializing. How limited it is, how restricted it is to the actual characters you use to communicate. There is nothing around it, nothing that helps you understand. And there's those characters or silence. Absolute communicative silence.

So I personally can't help to feel this way and understand if others do too, Mordokai v.v

Dirk Kris
2009-01-22, 01:29 PM
If anything ever happens to me, I'll call Cristo.
And if I die, then I'll haunt him. :smallamused:
Either way, people will know.

Mordokai
2009-01-22, 01:31 PM
HEY! I call dibs on haunting his sorry ass! :smallannoyed:

Tempest Fennac
2009-01-22, 01:33 PM
V changed her name to Rebelle before going back to her original account due to forgetting her Rebelle account password. If something happens to me, my mother has the IM addresses of 4 GitP members, so at least 1 of them should find out what happened.

Cobra_Ikari
2009-01-22, 01:33 PM

Aww...I want Dirky hauntings! <3!

Dr. Bath
2009-01-22, 01:37 PM
Dunno, if you think about it objectively, and as this very thread says, being offline for a long time could mean really bad stuff if you don't have any other way of contacting the user, or it simply could mean something else. But the uncertainty sure could be unsettling.

And that is something I don't like about online socializing. How limited it is, how restricted it is to the actual characters you use to communicate. There is nothing around it, nothing that helps you understand. And there's those characters or silence. Absolute communicative silence.

So I personally can't help to feel this way and understand if others do too, Mordokai v.v

You've still got that in 'real life' if you think about it. There's plenty of people that you know fairly well (not really well) that would take a long time to notice you weren't around, and when they did it's quite likely they wouldn't do anything to find out what was going on with you. People are lazy and self-centred, for the most part.

I'll admit that it would be a lot easier to find out about someone you in real life than on the internet if they went AWOL, but that's part and parcel with the anonymity thing that people on the internet so love.

Cristo Meyers
2009-01-22, 01:44 PM

Just stay away between the hours of 16:00 and 20:00. That's my time.

onasuma
2009-01-22, 01:50 PM
*wonders what would happen were someone in an accident or otherwise injured and couldn't contact anyone* >.<

In my case, its all sorted out in my will. No one gets anything until every forum I frequent on is told of my tragic death at the hands of a combine harvester.

That and my half dozen Itp-ers whom I know in real life.

Cristo Meyers
2009-01-22, 02:02 PM
I'm sure my wife would get around to saying something here if something were to happen to me.

...probably because I'd come back and haunt her if she didn't...

FdL
2009-01-22, 02:03 PM
You've still got that in 'real life' if you think about it. There's plenty of people that you know fairly well (not really well) that would take a long time to notice you weren't around, and when they did it's quite likely they wouldn't do anything to find out what was going on with you. People are lazy and self-centred, for the most part.

You're right. This is why you read the news and get that someone's rotting corpse was found 3 days later by the janitor or whoever.

I'll admit that it would be a lot easier to find out about someone you in real life than on the internet if they went AWOL, but that's part and parcel with the anonymity thing that people on the internet so love.

Well, I never liked the anonimity, I don't.

Thes Hunter
2009-01-22, 03:02 PM
Indurian
Zombie Rockstar
Slathis Bladewing
Scorpina
El Jasparo

I am sure there are more I am forgetting.

Haruki-kun
2009-01-22, 03:07 PM
Hmmm.... I haven't seen Saurous in a really long time. :smallfrown:

The Bushranger
2009-01-22, 03:24 PM
and De should be ok, but can no longer come here. =\

*sighs*
*remininices*
*curls up*

...I'm a nice guy. I really am. But he is the one person who I could cheerfully strangle with a smile on my face...

*curls up tighter*

Cobra_Ikari
2009-01-22, 03:50 PM
Indurian
Zombie Rockstar
Slathis Bladewing
Scorpina
El Jasparo

Indy still goes to meetups, I think? ZRS may have left...was on here just a few days ago, Scorpie's still around, and I have no clue about El J.

Dr. Bath
2009-01-22, 04:14 PM
Indy still goes to meetups, I think? ZRS may have left...was on here just a few days ago, Scorpie's still around, and I have no clue about El J.

ZRS was answering questions last week for get to know a playgrounder, but said he lurks mostly now. Sathis I've seen in gaming (other games) and media not that long ago...

bosssmiley
2009-01-22, 04:22 PM
I'm Da Rogue :frown:

I'm sure I saw IDR only a couple of weeks ago in /RB/. Then again, I may have been really high, or having a flashback, or something... :smallconfused:

I don't see as much of Trog, Midnight Sun and/or Saithis as I'd like to. They may still be knocking about the place, but the reek of coffin nails, motorbike oil and explosive accelerant that always accompanied them just isn't as all-pervading as I'd like. :smallfrown:

And that is something I don't like about online socializing. How limited it is, how restricted it is to the actual characters you use to communicate.

Oddly enough that's what I like best about it. It doesn't matter who or what you are in the meatworld; on the webotubes you stand or fall purely by what you post (words, pictures, sound or vid files, etc.). :smallamused:

I've got friends on the net I never could have met IRL. Guys who've seen and done things that are worlds away from my mundane little life. I've seen crazily generous fundraising efforts, played a small part in grassroots campaigns, and I've even (seriously, weepingly) mourned for a couple of guys I knew only through words on a screen.

Watch "Voices from a Distant Star" and tell me text on a screen isn't enough. :smallwink:

/derailment. (sorry)

Dirk Kris
2009-01-22, 04:24 PM
Whatever happened to Spidermew?

Dr. Bath
2009-01-22, 04:56 PM
Watch "Voices from a Distant Star" and tell me text on a screen isn't enough. :smallwink:

Oh my. That is one fantastic short film. FAN. TASTIC. Have a blagodave. It's like an internet, except it's a guy called dave, he gives you slightly backhanded complements, but likes you really.

Abardam. Man, he was the most awesomest artist in the playground (IMO) but then he upped and disappeared. Hope he's ok.

@vv: Thanks. Thanks for that. v.v :smalltongue:

Dallas-Dakota
2009-01-22, 05:12 PM
Around christmas, though that was by PM.

Last I knew Fleeing Coward was suffering from Extreme Diablo 2 addiction...but that's third-hand knowledge...
I'l check that in a couple of weeks, when hopefully my CD key is un-banned.:smallannoyed: Though he hasn't posted in the d2 lod thread...

Gods....

Mr. Saturn

onasuma
2009-01-22, 05:36 PM
Abardam was my idol. Such amazing stuff with paint. Now I have to settle for bath or kurnour. Its not the same!

Recaiden
2009-01-22, 06:11 PM

I think about this too. I'm making a plan just in case. I can't think of any playgrounders that haven't been mentioned. I was going to say Vavaara.:smallfrown:

Vespe Ratavo
2009-01-22, 06:21 PM
Mr. Saturn
I've talked to Mr. Saturn on AIM pretty recently, and he made my awesome new avatar not too long ago. He's not dead, or anything.

Uncle Festy
2009-01-22, 07:01 PM
She just posted in RotFW a couple weeks back, IIRC.

There's got to be a Playgrounder's Anonymous or something...
<_<
I'd join.

I don't see as much of Trog, Midnight Sun and/or Saithis as I'd like to. They may still be knocking about the place, but the reek of coffin nails, motorbike oil and explosive accelerant that always accompanied them just isn't as all-pervading as I'd like. :smallfrown:
Well, Trog started Talk Show III a month or so back, and then… dropped it. Huh. That's odd.

Abardam. Man, he was the most awesomest artist in the playground (IMO) but then he upped and disappeared. Hope he's ok.
Darn, now you made me wish that Abardam was back. He was awesomeness cubed. :smallfrown:

Sneak
2009-01-22, 07:02 PM
Indurain
Saithis Bladewing
El Jaspero
Abardam
SpiderMew
Hoseki
The Librarian
Wukei
Arian
Sophistemon/Sophos Epistemon
Jacklu
The Lady Auneredra
Tomb Raven
Mortia de la Luna
The Stony One
Chris the Pontifex
Crimson Mage
CabbageTheif
Bookman

And I'm sure there are a lot of others that I'm missing. Some of the people on that list might still post sporadically, and others are over on Enupnion still I think.

If some of you on that list aren't actually missing, I apologize. :smalltongue: Just trying to think of as many cool people as possible that I don't really see around anymore.

EDIT: How could I forget? VEERA!

Also, most of the mods don't post much anymore. :smallfrown:

Cobra_Ikari
2009-01-22, 07:05 PM
Indurain
Saithis Bladewing
El Jaspero
Abardam
SpiderMew
Hoseki
The Librarian
Wukei
Arian
Sophistemon/Sophos Epistemon
Jacklu
The Lady Auneredra
Tomb Raven
Mortia de la Luna
The Stony One
Chris the Pontifex
Crimson Mage
CabbageTheif
Bookman

And I'm sure there are a lot of others that I'm missing. Some of the people on that list might still post sporadically, and others are over on Enupnion still I think.

If some of you on that list aren't actually missing, I apologize. :smalltongue: Just trying to think of as many cool people as possible that I don't really see around anymore.

EDIT: How could I forget? VEERA!

Also, most of the mods don't post much anymore. :smallfrown:

I think Mew got offended at someone and left, and I know lots of these people either transferred to Enupnion (back when Town was dead), or are still allive and IMing.

The Bushranger
2009-01-22, 07:16 PM
The Librarian, Wukei, Soph, and Jacklu all post over at Enup.
Hoseki used to but hasn't in awhile...

FdL
2009-01-22, 07:16 PM
Indurian
Zombie Rockstar
Slathis Bladewing
Scorpina
El Jasparo

Scorpina I talk a lot to in chat. She's as cool as ever. Sadly forgotten as a sex symbol of the Playground, judging by the absence of her in the Crush threads. But there's still some connoiseurs like me who know what the best stuff is ;)

Trog I talk a lot to on chat. MS I haven't seen, but Sai does post every now and then. And I see at chat too.

Yeah, I miss that GITP era too. Now it's all full of people I don't know.

Oddly enough that's what I like best about it. It doesn't matter who or what you are in the meatworld; on the webotubes you stand or fall purely by what you post (words, pictures, sound or vid files, etc.). :smallamused:

I've got friends on the net I never could have met IRL. Guys who've seen and done things that are worlds away from my mundane little life. I've seen crazily generous fundraising efforts, played a small part in grassroots campaigns, and I've even (seriously, weepingly) mourned for a couple of guys I knew only through words on a screen.

/derailment. (sorry)

I understand what you mean. But at this point in my life I've realised that no matter how good, words on a screen doesn't come close to knowing people IRL.

Most people here won't agree, of course. It's only my opinion.

And I do value the friends I've made here and everything, it's only that it's not the same in many ways.

Moff Chumley
2009-01-22, 07:23 PM
Huh... Would anyone remember me if I stopped posting? :smalleek:

Sneak
2009-01-22, 07:24 PM
I think Mew got offended at someone and left, and I know lots of these people either transferred to Enupnion (back when Town was dead), or are still allive and IMing.

Mew got offended at someone? Huh. But yeah, I know that a lot of those people still post over at Enupnion.

The Librarian, Wukei, Soph, and Jacklu all post over at Enup.
Hoseki used to but hasn't in awhile...

Mmmhmm. I actually tried to join Enupnion a while back, but it just didn't work out for me. I think part of the whole charm of the town was that it was part of this already great community, so I could post in the town and surf the rest of the boards at the same time. I might check up on Enupnion sometime, though. I do miss my RP.

FdL
2009-01-22, 07:58 PM
What the hell is "Enupnion"?

Oh, and I see Bookman too often in chats, don't worry about him, he's okay.

Yeah, man. You'd be in these lists like in no time!
After all, who else do I know that's into cool music, knows who Rick Wakeman is and has a fabulous London Calling avvie? ;)

Sneak
2009-01-22, 08:00 PM
Enupnion! (http://enupnion.myfastforum.org/)

Basically an offshoot from the town when a bunch of people decided that they didn't like the GitP town anymore. Shrug.

FdL
2009-01-22, 08:09 PM
Enupnion! (http://enupnion.myfastforum.org/)

Basically an offshoot from the town when a bunch of people decided that they didn't like the GitP town anymore. Shrug.

I didn't know this existed, kinda shocked me to see that many (ex)playgrounders there >.>

RTGoodman
2009-01-22, 08:11 PM

I think we all secretly wonder that sometimes. I would hope that people would realize I was gone, but I only ever really hang out in the Gaming (d20 and RPG) and Homebrew forums, and occasionally in Friendly Banter or others. I've never really hung out in RB, the Town, the acronym thingies, or SMBG, though, so any absence on my part would probably go unnoticed there. Of course, like someone else said, I'm friends with a handful of Playgrounders on Facebook, so if something did happen to me the rest of the Playground might find out from there.

I keep trying to think of some of the more well-known posters that were around in the year or so after I joined, but then most of the missing ones that haven't been mentioned have actually just been banned. :smalleek:

_Zoot_
2009-01-22, 08:35 PM
In case somthing happend to me i would hope that one of my friends might tell you all that it had happend. But this is kind of pointless because i don't really do enough around here to be missed but meh:smalltongue:

Some of my friends don't post as much as they used to Llamamushroom but, he is away right now so he may have been geting ready or some thing.....

Thes Hunter
2009-01-22, 08:46 PM
I didn't know this existed, kinda shocked me to see that many (ex)playgrounders there >.>

From what I understand it was invite only, at least it was.

I was never invited. :smalltongue:

Coplantor
2009-01-22, 08:51 PM
Well, if the FBI ever gets to my secret island I guess lordrod would tell you, other than that, I'm pretty freaking immortal.

Anyone here remembers Free Hand?

Uncle Festy
2009-01-22, 09:02 PM

Yeah.
Haven't seen him in forever, though. :smallfrown::smallsigh:

Coplantor
2009-01-22, 09:14 PM
Techncally, I sold my soul to him to join AMEN. And I still have one of his clones as a hand puppet. I hope he comes back, funny guy.

Pyrian
2009-01-22, 09:14 PM
I'm not gon'd...but I'm berry busy and not posting hardly ever. :smalltongue:We miss you when you're not around. :smalleek: :smallfrown:

The Bushranger
2009-01-22, 09:17 PM

It was at first. But it hasn't been in over a year now.
And it's great.
We have Modern Town, too!
Drow as supermodels! XD

Oh, and there's...get this...NO SERVER LAG.

Feel free to come and join us, peeps! :smallsmile:

FireFox
2009-01-22, 09:22 PM
Of course, the Town located in the Free-Form RPing section of the board is fantastic too. It's smaller than Enup, and it's a lot easier to join. But it's still a lot of fun. >.> :smalltongue:

A lot of the people who made HALO fun for me when I first joined all dropped out... De, Kyrian, and some other people who joined after me... It's kind of sad, but...
*Doesn't know anybody here at all outside of the RPing section*
*flees back there*

Atomsized
2009-01-22, 09:44 PM

Yeah, I remember him. After his last post, there's been almost no trace of him in the playground afterwards......

I hope he comes back. He still needs to answer my question in that comic of his.

FdL
2009-01-22, 09:48 PM

Their loss!!!!!!1 ^^ *hugs a Thes Hunter*

Hmmm...Thanks to this forum I discovered a whole hidden world. It's like a parallel dimension, like something out of the X-Files. >.>

blackfox
2009-01-22, 09:58 PM
Indurian
Zombie Rockstar
Slathis Bladewing
Scorpina
El JasparoEl J and Indy are on Bookface, and I know El J at least is online pretty often. He finds it rather amusing to *stab* me over FB chat. I don't know ZRS or Scorpina too well, but I do know Saithis, and I've been worried about her. :smallfrown:

Moff Chumley
2009-01-22, 10:29 PM
I've sort of noticed that you have to do SMBG, Random Banter, and HALO/AMEN to be noticed, really... Or just be an amazing homebrewer/avatarist. Speaking of which, I might be mixing up Tippy and Solo, but is Tippy still here?

RTGoodman
2009-01-22, 10:37 PM
Speaking of which, I might be mixing up Tippy and Solo, but is Tippy still here?

Yeah, he's here. I haven't seen him around as much, but I know for sure he posted in at least one thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=5682445#post5682445) I've read today.

Coplantor
2009-01-22, 10:43 PM
Tippy is around, yeah. And is tru that about SMBG, RB and acronyms, each time I enter into the other foums I feel like I dont know anyone. Well, except for a few exeptions.

Solo got banned you knowed that right?

Thes Hunter
2009-01-22, 11:04 PM
El J and Indy are on Bookface, and I know El J at least is online pretty often. He finds it rather amusing to *stab* me over FB chat. I don't know ZRS or Scorpina too well, but I do know Saithis, and I've been worried about her. :smallfrown:

I do keep in touch with El J and Madam Zelia on Facebook.

However I would like to see more of his nakedness. :smallbiggrin:

Cobra_Ikari
2009-01-22, 11:06 PM
However I would like to see more of his nakedness. :smallbiggrin:

:smalleek:

:eek:

FdL
2009-01-22, 11:16 PM
I've sort of noticed that you have to do SMBG, Random Banter, and HALO/AMEN to be noticed, really... Or just be an amazing homebrewer/avatarist.

Yeah, I agree with this. Most people who are popular are into the acronyms, or post a lot in RB.

Serpentine
2009-01-22, 11:17 PM
Can anyone tell me what happened with DivaDe?

Prince of Cats was missing, but I brought him back :smallcool: ...if only briefly.

RabbitHoleLost
2009-01-22, 11:22 PM

Its a verrrryyy long story, which I am not at liberty to post on the forums. If you ARE really curious, Serp, you can PM me.

Sneak
2009-01-22, 11:37 PM
Yeah, I agree with this. Most people who are popular are into the acronyms, or post a lot in RB.

Or shipping.

Serpentine
2009-01-22, 11:40 PM
Yeah, I agree with this. Most people who are popular are into the acronyms, or post a lot in RB."Popular"? Well-known, maybe, which is the natural result of posting a lot on general topics in a highly-frequented area. Unlike real-life playgrounds, there is no popularity contest here.

Rabbit: I heard about rather scary marital issues, but I hoped they got cleared up :smallfrown: I can has PMed info?

Thes Hunter
2009-01-23, 12:00 AM
:smalleek:

:eek:

Never let it be said that I do not put my money where my mouth is when I color someone purple. :smallwink:

:biggrin:

And posting a lot helps.

I fall into obscurity and no one loves me anymore when my post count drops off. *sniffs* *is so unloved and emo!*

Ascension
2009-01-23, 12:25 AM
I've sort of noticed that you have to do SMBG, Random Banter, and HALO/AMEN to be noticed, really... Or just be an amazing homebrewer/avatarist.

To be noticed by the people who are into SMBG, Random Banter, and unwieldy acronym-related stuff, sure, but I'd like to think that Gaming (d20 and General) and the not silly PbP games have communities of their own, at least to some extent. Heck, even the oft-neglected Comic Book forum has something of a community to itself, I wouldn't recognize Yulian or Blue Lantern if I didn't lurk/post there occasionally. And I'm in about a half-dozen Star Wars Saga Edition games with the same core group of people, and I'd like to think we're getting to know each other fairly well.

So no, you don't have to be into the random stuff to be remembered when you are gone... by someone, at least.

Dallas-Dakota
2009-01-23, 12:40 AM
Never let it be said that I do not put my money where my mouth is when I color someone purple. :smallwink:

:biggrin:

And posting a lot helps.

I fall into obscurity and no one loves me anymore when my post count drops off. *sniffs* *is so unloved and emo!*
Don't worry, we lurves our Shunty.:smalltongue:

And FoE is under consideration by the mods for banning.:smalleek: Orso he told me.:smalleek:

skywalker
2009-01-23, 01:15 AM
Most of the people I miss were banned. Actually, almost all of them. Oh, the edition wars, how I remember them most unfondly. I miss a lot of people from Gaming (d20) altho that might just be because that subforum requires brainpower, which I am surely short on by the time I get to posting (usually late at night for me).

I thought De's issues got cleared up, and that's why she switched to "De?" Because she was originally something else, way back when...

I actually don't know many of the acronyms, or Random Banter, and most of the people I don't really notice whether they stay or go, unless some big drama goes off about it in the Goodbye thread.

I'm much more likely to notice the absence of a great homebrewer *cough*Fax*cough* or someone who runs a thread, like Trog, or Syka, any of my homies in the RWA thread, etc.

I honestly think we've been experience "mod-drain" for quite a while. Some mods, I've never seen post. Roland seems to be doing quite a bit of work recently.

Ascension
2009-01-23, 01:27 AM
Most of the people I miss were banned. Actually, almost all of them. Oh, the edition wars, how I remember them most unfondly. I miss a lot of people from Gaming (d20) altho that might just be because that subforum requires brainpower, which I am surely short on by the time I get to posting (usually late at night for me).

The same goes for me. I miss several banned people, though we're not actually supposed to mention their existence... which is really a bummer. Adding insult to injury, memory hole style. :smallannoyed:

I honestly think we've been experience "mod-drain" for quite a while. Some mods, I've never seen post. Roland seems to be doing quite a bit of work recently.

I've noticed this as well. From what I've seen it seems like Roland and Rawhide are handling the whole forum. Their work is all the more impressive because they seem to be alone.

RabbitHoleLost
2009-01-23, 01:31 AM
I've noticed this as well. From what I've seen it seems like Roland and Rawhide are handling the whole forum. Their work is all the more impressive because they seem to be alone.

Well, to be fair, Alarra's cooking a pudding troll, isn't she?
(Read: Pregnant)

Atreyu the Masked LLama
2009-01-23, 01:32 AM
Reijas - he was in the Legion and had a talking toad. VERY Funny.

Darth Mario - Awesome Avatar, awesome name.

Ninja Commander Kitsune - Fun contest he ran.

Maggot - His mutant ability was weird, but he had a good heart

Morph - Awesome attitude.

Corsair - I liked him better before he was Cyke's father, but when he showed up, you know you had an awesome story on your hands.

Microchip- He was one of the few people with the balls to stand up to Frank.

Ascension
2009-01-23, 01:36 AM
Well, to be fair, Alarra's cooking a pudding troll, isn't she?
(Read: Pregnant)

Sorry, didn't realize that. And now that you mention it, I have seen her around on rare occasions. And Gorbash Kazdar sometimes too, now that I think about it. And I think I saw Baron and Lilly about once a piece. Can't say the same for the rest of the mythical mod staff, though.

Zeb The Troll
2009-01-23, 02:41 AM
Alarra is indeed moulding a pudding troll at the moment. She is also very busily studying for a very difficult National Counselor Examination, a gruelling four hour test that will determine whether or not she can legally practice psychotherapy on you gu... errr, here in Maryland. Have no fear, she still keeps an eye on you guys. She just isn't posting or playing as much as she once was (though you can read her latest endeavors in the latest Iron Author thread, where she advanced to the second round, I won't tell you which story is hers though, sorry). She's here, don't you worry. :smallcool:

Though it is true that some of the mods listed on the information pages haven't been seen or heard from since before I started posting, for example I don't believe I've ever seen a post from RawBearNYC but I believe he has a different sort of job nowadays that doesn't involve actual modding, and some have apparently been removed from mod status since I started (Bogotter and X the Mage come to mind), but most of the ones listed individually under the forums I see bumping around now and again. Some you just have to visit the right forums to actually encounter them.

EDIT: Unless I'm mistaken, WampaX, Roland, Rawhide, Alarra, Grey Watcher, Lilly, and Baron are the brute squad, errr, mod staff in its entirety right now so I don't know what other "mythical" mods you'd be referring to. Of course, I often AM mistaken, so don't let my observations throw you too much. :smallcool:

skywalker
2009-01-23, 02:46 AM
Alarra is indeed moulding a pudding troll at the moment. She is also very busily studying for a very difficult National Counselor Examination, a gruelling four hour test that will determine whether or not she can legally practice psychotherapy on you gu... errr, here in Maryland. I love psychotherapy!

Though it is true that some of the mods listed on the information pages haven't been seen or heard from since before I started posting, for example I don't believe I've ever seen a post from RawBearNYC but I believe he has a different sort of job nowadays that doesn't involve actual modding, and some have apparently been removed from mod status since I started (Bogotter and X the Mage come to mind), but most of the ones listed individually under the forums I see bumping around now and again. Some you just have to visit the right forums to actually encounter them.

I'm almost sure people have mentioned that RawBear is involved in server dealings, but no longer has much face time in the playground. Not sure about that Wampa guy, tho. Just you wait, now that we've called them out, they'll be all over this thread.
And I've seen people like the Baron and others occasionally, but right now Rawhide and Roland seem to be the dynamic duo. I'm sure mods need breaks too. I just worry about those guys getting breaks.

Reinholdt
2009-01-23, 03:57 AM
Hmm...
About the only ones of these people I got to know before they left were Fleeing Coward and Freshmeat_
:smallfrown:

banjo1985
2009-01-23, 05:10 AM

De's alright, I know that at least myself and Cristo have sporadic contact with her, she's doing fine but misses some of you guys terribly.

Llama
Darth Mario - Awesome Avatar, awesome name

He joined up to our Facebook group the other day, so he at least still reads these forums, so I guess we can confirm he 'aten't dead' as well. :smallbiggrin:

Adding to my list:

Nomrom
Zephra

Felixaar
2009-01-23, 05:15 AM
I'm not gon'd...but I'm berry busy and not posting hardly ever. :smalltongue:

Don't go gettin' too berry busy, now :smallannoyed:

Quincunx
2009-01-23, 05:34 AM
There's two people on their two-year missionary stints; one, whose name begins with N but which I can't fully remember, should be on his final six months. I look forward to whether he remembers this place or not.

To be even fairer, Alarra quit posting well before the. . .no, before that too. . .right around the time she actually met Zeb the Troll in the flesh--which leads into my next thought.

The tl;dr version of DivaDe, and many others, is to sort out your real life relationships before starting online ones unless you thrive on complications. All across the Internet, there's nothing like a couple getting together to have both of them stop posting, or one breaking up to double the posting rate of one person and choke the other.

There's a few in the past half-year who have choked their own posting rate because of being dangerously close to the ban line (not told as such, but inferred from overall post tone). You who are reading, I miss your color but I respect your exercise of self-control. Think about it--on this section of the board, I can't think of anyone bashing their own skull with the banhammer, and that was not always true before.

Pithy saying of the morning: The good people never stay long enough, the bad people linger too long, and the real pains in the butt are permanent.

banjo1985
2009-01-23, 05:47 AM
There's two people on their two-year missionary stints; one, whose name begins with N but which I can't fully remember, should be on his final six months. I look forward to whether he remembers this place or not.

Ah cue-dependant memory strikes again. That was definitely Nomrom, I forgot he was off on his missionary duties. It's good to know he didn't just disappear.

Dr. Bath
2009-01-23, 06:01 AM
Ah cue-dependant memory strikes again. That was definitely Nomrom, I forgot he was off on his missionary duties. It's good to know he didn't just disappear.

I think it was Nibbleswick (guy with a jedi avatar), actually. But it could be both. *shrugs*

Quincunx
2009-01-23, 06:34 AM
Oh, I remember the avatar just fine: It was for his university in Texas, with the text "Gig 'em, Aggies!". Can't search avatars, though.

Dr. Bath
2009-01-23, 06:40 AM
I'm going on a mission for my church, and while we're out there, we're not allowed to have computers or use the internet.

I only remember Nibbleswick, so I dunno about this other missionary man. I was right though! :smalltongue:

Charity
2009-01-23, 06:57 AM
There are many whom have fallen since those halcyon days of yore

Saithis, El J, Libris, Chris the Pontifex, Beastie (The_Beast_Rabban ), Mal (Malachi, the Lich King), Ariel, Geode, Sirelroka, Azrael, Snowelf, Mortia, Shires... aw I'm getting all maudlin now

Quincunx
2009-01-23, 07:00 AM
Well, I suppose it's getting about time to announce this. I've made mention to it before, but I'll put it out there now.

On Monday of next week, I will be leaving for the next two years to serve a mission for my church in the Dominican Republic. During this time, I will not have access to a computer or the internet, and will not be able to come here. I know I haven't been here that long, but I think I've kind of gotten to know people here, and I know I'm going to miss these forums. I think I would have died of boredom this summer if I didn't have this place to come to. I hope I haven't offended anyone in my time here, and know that if I did, it was most likely on accident, since I can't think of anyone here I dislike enough to purposefully insult. I hope when I come back some of you will still be here, and I'll be able to rejoin the community.

Actually, quick question for a mod, or anyone else who knows. Do accounts get deleted after a certain time of inactivity? Cause I'd like for this account to still be around when I get back.

This is 'Aggies guy'.

What'd'you know, both of the missing missionaries had names beginning with N. Well, now we know/remember.

Player_Zero
2009-01-23, 07:10 AM
Some of the people listed here I'm fairly sure still go to the chatroom.

Trog is definitely still about.

Banning FoE? That sounds rather unlikely...

Cristo Meyers
2009-01-23, 10:31 PM
De's alright, I know that at least myself and Cristo have sporadic contact with her, she's doing fine but misses some of you guys terribly.

Pretty much the long and short of it right there. Talked to her last weekend, actually. I still pass on what messages I get.

Collin152
2009-01-23, 11:01 PM
Unique vanished after we stopped exchanging PMs on a daily basis. That's a shame, it was nice to feel loved like that more than once a month or so. He really, truly was Unique.

Reinholdt
2009-01-23, 11:24 PM
You know I haven't seen V.Z. posting around lately either.

Trog
2009-01-23, 11:32 PM
Trog is definitely still about.

*a strangers wanders by carrying a short scaly figure who smells strongly of Coffin Nails and hard liquor* Trog's not dead yet!

*the stranger tosses the figure into the corpse wagon and trudges away*

Trog still has vim and... and vigor... and ...

Ooo! This dead guy has loose change! *rifleriflerifle*

The Bushranger
2009-01-24, 05:06 AM
I feel lost and I feel fear
Of the words that I would say if you were here
A breath stands between us, life stands between us
And the memories, they're fading away

I look up at the stars in the sky
And I wonder where you are

I miss you, I miss you so bad
And it hurts to remember you
I don't want to forget you
And I wish I, I wish I could bring you back
I miss you, I miss you so bad...

:smallfrown:

Nychta
2009-01-24, 05:27 AM
I miss Freshmeat, SpiderMew, and De, even though I never talked to them or got to know them.
It's just that they were around a lot on SMBG (okay well Freshmeat mostly stuck to Structured) and I got really used to reading and enjoying their posts.

Ethrael
2009-01-24, 05:54 AM
OMG! Yes! SpiderMew! I haven't seen him in so long and I miss him... :smallfrown:

And yes, I too thousandth the sadness for I'm da Rogue. I can't seem to find her anywhere. :smallfrown:

Jacklu
2009-01-24, 10:18 AM
<.< >.>
Enupnion: Bring out yer dead.
Giant In the Playground: Here's one.
Enup: That'll be ninepence.
Me: I'm not dead.
Enup: What?
Giant: Nothing. There's your ninepence.
Me: I'm not dead.
Enup: 'Ere, he says he's not dead.
Giant: Yes he is.
Me: I'm not.
Enup: He isn't.
Giant: Well, he will be soon, he's very ill.
Me: I'm getting better.
Giant: No you're not, you'll be stone dead in a moment.
Enup: Well, I can't take him like that. It's against regulations.
Me: I don't want to go on the cart.
Giant: Oh, don't be such a baby.
Enup: I can't take him.
Me: I feel fine.
Giant: Oh, do me a favor.
Enup: I can't.
Giant: Well, can you hang around for a couple of minutes? He won't be long.
Enup: I promised I'd be at the Robinsons'. They've lost nine today.
Giant: Well, when's your next round?
Enup: Thursday.
Me: I think I'll go for a walk.
Giant: You're not fooling anyone, you know. Isn't there anything you could do?
Me: I feel happy. I feel happy.
*Is whacked upside the back of the my head*
Giant: Ah, thank you very much.
Enup: Not at all. See you on Thursday.
Giant: Right.

Coidzor
2009-01-24, 11:12 AM
I always wonder in the back of my mind who would miss me if I got knifed in the back like I'm always worried about happening.

Bookman
2009-01-24, 11:35 AM
Yeah.... that Bookman Guy.... whatever happened to him?

Jacklu
2009-01-24, 11:45 AM
=P I was just filled with all kinds of fuzzy feelings to know I made it onto a list of people Sneak considered "cool." Cause, you know, Sneak is the Coolmiser. But yeah... Not missing, just misplaced. Though if you are reeeealy quiet, you can sometimes hear the Jacklu posting late at night.

Sneak
2009-01-24, 11:53 AM
I always wonder in the back of my mind who would miss me if I got knifed in the back like I'm always worried about happening.

Yeah, I wonder about that too sometimes.

Then I realize that I'm not going to die anyway, because I have plot armor, so I feel better. :smalltongue:

Seriously, though, I do think about that. Well, the "what would people do or feel if I suddenly died?" part, not the "OMG I'm going to get knifed in the back" part.

Also: eyyyy, it's Bookman and Jacklu!

Bookman, I knew you weren't completely gone, but I certainly didn't expect Jacklu to come back. Yay!

@Jacklu: Yay, I is the Coolmiser! :smallbiggrin:

I feel like if I went back to IMing people from GitP other than Blaffox, I would probably see a bunch of those people on my list. But then I would lose my status as a mysterious and socially inept loner. And we can't have that. :smallwink:

Jacklu
2009-01-24, 12:08 PM
I spend most of my time over on Enup now, mostly cause it gets really hard to RP with loads of server lag. Though I am going to be putting some time in back over here. I really do miss the Giant community. You peoples are fun on a bun. As for stabbing in the back... <.< >.> I have already gotten my brother to promise he would post a farewell message for me at the various forums I frequent. Call me prepared... Or paranoid obsessive compulsive. >.>

Castaras
2009-01-24, 05:19 PM
...All across the Internet, there's nothing like a couple getting together to have both of them stop posting...

<.< Yeah, I really need to get posting more here again...

Alarra
2009-01-24, 06:02 PM
I'm here! And I'm still modding....even though you may not see it all that often, especially if you don't go into SMBG. I have slowed my posting considerably though....I'll become more active again, always do.

I miss El J. And Indy. :smallfrown:

Lerky
2009-01-24, 07:49 PM
someone I've completely lost contact with on the playground and in real life is
Leigh
not on my part for trying, but still I was hoping to have a little more contact:smallfrown:

Lupy
2009-01-24, 07:56 PM
Beholder1995

He was awesome...

Lerky, you aren't ever around either anymore. :smallfrown:

Sneak
2009-01-24, 07:58 PM
I miss that Sneak guy. What a great fellow. Haven't seen him around as much lately.

D-D out.

Uncle Festy
2009-01-24, 08:16 PM
Yeah, me too.
Except replace 'being knifed in the back' with 'whatever disaster is most likely to happen at this exact point in time'. Airplane crashes, getting run over by cars, being abducted by aliens… y'know, the works.
… wow, I'm paranoid. :smalltongue:

<.< Yeah, I really need to get posting more here again...
CASSIE!
*tackleglomps*
*drags back to AMEN*

In other news, guess who I saw posting again (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5687918&postcount=32)?
Yup, the Giant's back to modding! Hooray! :smallbiggrin:
… or was I just imagining he was gone? >_<

Dragonrider
2009-01-24, 08:32 PM
I talked to Thallis Vahadt for quite a bit a year ago, but I don't think he's around anymore.

Pyrian
2009-01-24, 09:33 PM
I miss that Sneak guy.Find a mirror. :smalltongue:

Cobra_Ikari
2009-01-25, 02:36 AM
I talked to Thallis Vahadt for quite a bit a year ago, but I don't think he's around anymore.

He still exists. I spoke with him on the phone once recently. I think there was some trouble with his ability to get online, though...he's around sporadically. *hugs for Thallis*

Tempest Fennac
2009-01-25, 02:44 AM
Now that I think about it, it's been ages since I saw B. Dandelion anywhere. She was called Reimarch (or something similar) before losing access to that account thanks to a bodge-up with her e-mail. She was only really active in the GitP secion.

Lerky
2009-01-25, 03:14 AM
Beholder1995

He was awesome...

I'm around, but no longer The Town. Branch out and you'll find me somwhere.

Nevitan
2009-01-25, 03:25 AM
Beholder1995

He was awesome...

Beholder was Really fun to mess with. But now he's gone... or avoiding me at the least. :smallsigh:

Lerky is here!
Like.. almost every day!

Dallas-Dakota
2009-01-25, 03:40 AM
Banning FoE? That sounds rather unlikely...
He told me by PM that he was under consideration of banning....:smallfrown:

I miss that Sneak guy. What a great fellow. Haven't seen him around as much lately.

D-D out.
Hey,
I'm still around!
*shouts the young whippersnappers of his lawn*

Coidzor
2009-01-25, 03:44 AM
Whoa... Maybe we might avoid that kinda talk?

Hmm. I wonder if our curiosity as to whether people will miss us when we're gone relates to our human fear of death?

Uncle Festy
2009-01-25, 11:19 AM
@^: Nah, it relates to… well, let's just say that Freud was right (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/FreudWasRight). :smalltongue:
<<
…*did I actually just say that? :smalleek:

Geode
2009-01-26, 12:54 AM
There are many whom have fallen since those halcyon days of yore

Saithis, El J, Libris, Chris the Pontifex, Beastie (The_Beast_Rabban ), Mal (Malachi, the Lich King), Ariel, Geode, Sirelroka, Azrael, Snowelf, Mortia, Shires... aw I'm getting all maudlin now

Hiya Charity! I haven't fallen anywhere, just not posting very often.

KerfuffleMach2
2009-01-26, 01:16 AM
I want to know what happened to Ms. Elaneous. I miss her.

Also, if anybody remembers and wonders what happened to stopwatch or BladeMaster42, they are both alive and well. They just don't go on here anymore. I know this because stopwatch is my brother and BladeMaster42 is his best friend.

SoD
2009-01-26, 01:29 AM
And whatever happened to Brickwall? Where'd he go?

Serpentine
2009-01-26, 01:35 AM
Ban'd.
I have trouble remembering things I don't see =/

Cobra_Ikari
2009-01-26, 02:13 AM
I think Ms E went to Enu for a while, but...I think she's left there, too. v.v