PDA

View Full Version : The witchfire trilogy

Inhuman Bot
2009-01-29, 05:20 PM
(allright, this is my first time DMing online, so wish me luck. /nervous)

You've been hired by the Merchant's guild in Felling to guard a caravan on the treachorous route to Corvis. The journey takes more then two weeks, and passes through rocky passes, and swampy lowlands. For your services, you are being paid 25 each at the end of your journey.

After chasing the rising sun for many days, the ordeal is near an end. Corvis is only a half a day's ride away, though the widower's wood. The trip has been without incident so far.

"Easy money, aye?" shouts Gunner Wadock, the caravan's leader, from his position on the front wagon. "If only all my trips 'twixt Fellig and Corvis were so painless"

The caravan consits of five wagons, with four pack horses bringing up the rear. Gunner sits atop the lead wagon with his driver, a sour, quiet human called Viggo. The other four wagons have one driver. The pack horses are tied to the last wagons.

One of you are on each of the other wagons, and so far, the drive is looking like it will end peacefully.

DarkNewton
2009-01-29, 09:28 PM
Oknot, Rides in the rearmost wagon, the large Ogrun doesn't hear too much of Gunner's comments from the front of the train. This could be due to the clatter and noise of each of the wagons, their drivers.. or most likely due to the fact that he is singing, badly a travelling song in Molgur. 'Er eyes were like the darkness that filled deh Sky. Her tusks where gleaming like the moun-ain's of Rhuul.. Her bust was as..' he trails off briefly, as he continually scans the horizon, prehaps caught sight of a bird. Aftr a moment he finishes off the verse '.. an der sis'ter was just as sweet tooo' before continuing onto another

Leon
2009-01-29, 10:52 PM
Eckert sits quietly alongside the second driver, nodding to Gunners words.
As much as following the pilgrims path is a honored position, i do feel much better with in the comfort of a cloister he mentions to the driver.

He thinks of his brethren back in Caspia and how far he is now away from them, and wonders what they are upto, another few months and he would be back with them. Although he was eager to see if anything Asc. Angellia be praised that he could pick up some lore about the history of the "City of Ghosts" and did it indeed have a darker side.

Inhuman Bot
2009-02-01, 08:54 AM
Things are going well, and it appears that the trip will pass by without incidant, until spear shoot from the ground and slaughter the lead horse.

At the same time, a dozen swamp gobbers emerge from the surrouding areas, and fling darts at the caravaners. In the confusion, a few are attempting to steal the chests the caravan is transporting.

(Map to come soon, roll initative)

Leon
2009-02-01, 10:53 AM
[roll0]

What was that!

Qualia
2009-02-01, 01:42 PM
Bastian Scarrow

[roll0]

Bastian turns his head from his position atop the middle wagon, where he had been laying down and attempting to catch some sleep.

DarkNewton
2009-02-04, 07:55 PM
[roll0]
'Bloody 'ell, AMBUSH!' the big Ogrun bellows from the back of the wagon train as darts wiz past. Briefly eyeing one of the darts he mutters, 'didn't think me' singin was that bad..' before reaching for his warcleaver.

Inhuman Bot
2009-02-05, 10:37 AM
(Can't.... use.. mapping... thread... dieing... *wheeze*
I'll be using an approximation on distances for the moment)

There are 3 swamp gobbers in front of the lead wagon, with a fifith one holding a strange device that is emitting fog.

4 gobbers are to the left of Bastain's wagon, which is the left most.

4 more are to the right of (DarkNewton, I don't recall your charcter's name), the rightmost wagon. The two other wagons are not currently being attacked.

All the gobbers are 20 feet away from their targets.

The initative order is:

Darknewton
The Rightmost group
The Leftmost group
Qualia
Leon
The lead group

DarkNewton
2009-02-05, 12:21 PM
Oknot lets out a howl as he hops down from the wagon, spinning his rediculiously large weapon in a quick circle over his head, he strikes out with a long thrust towards the neaarest gobber.

OOC: the forward movement is just the basic 5 feet, which should put the gobbers within his 15' melee range. Go Go gadget warcleaver! Also as we roll attacks do you want us to also roll potential damage rolls at the same time?

Attack roll:

Edit: Oops that should have been a +4 bonus not a +3 forgot to put my BaB on my sheet

Also if needed:
Damage: [roll]2d8+4 Crits at x3

DarkNewton
2009-02-05, 12:48 PM
Rolls Critcheck [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

Inhuman Bot
2009-02-05, 10:26 PM
Ah, right, here's the shiny new OoC thread!
http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=5735553#post5735553

Inhuman Bot
2009-02-06, 09:07 PM
The rightmost group of gobbers hurl their darts, but to no avail.

The left group edges closer, but with a total of 1 damage, the darts are nearly as innefective.

(Oh, the left group was aiming at Bastian)

Qualia
2009-02-08, 01:11 PM
Bastian

The Thurian rolls from his perch, attempting to find some cover behind the wagon cargo, as he pulls out the dart out of his arm and sniffs it to ensure it wasn't poisoned. He pockets the dart and pulls out a small vial, then chances a quick look to see if the bandits are closing.

Almost in range he thinks.

Leon
2009-02-08, 11:48 PM
Eckert feels around behind him trying to find his crossbow, it must have slipped further down...

Ah, i had hoped id not need to use this

readying his crossbow Eckert awaits a target of opportunity

Inhuman Bot
2009-02-09, 10:42 PM
In the lead group, the gobber's fog machine sputters out a little more cover, before going silent.

In their cover, the gobbers rush towards the lead wagon, and will soon be able to steal some of it's cargo.

The left and right groups are 10ft away from their respective wagons.
The lead group is 5ft away.

The caravaners don't act, hoping that you will prove effective.

DarkNewton
2009-02-10, 12:31 PM
Without pause, Oknot presses his attack, using the reach of his weapon to attack the nearest gobber, his focus squarely fixed on the small group heading directly towards him.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

Qualia
2009-02-11, 05:57 AM
Bastian

Scarrow chances another look, and smiles as he notices that the Gobbers have come within range. He lifts the vial of acid to his lips, kisses it for luck then stands and spins, hurling the deadly cargo towards his attackers before ducking down again.

Attack [roll0]
Damage [roll1]

Leon
2009-02-12, 04:48 AM
Eckert takes aim at a approaching gobber and looses a bolt at it.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Inhuman Bot
2009-02-16, 05:46 PM
(sorry for the irregular updates. I was sure I had posted an update... maybe I had absent-mindly clicked on the wrong thread)

Oknot: Swinging your weapon, you brutally cleave a goblin in two, and the others dash off in terror.

Bastian: Your luck shows through, as you score a hit on the lead gobber. The acid does it's work, and he collapses, though the others dash forward.

Eckert: Firing your crossbow, the gobber's small size allows it to avoid your shot, and the group retaliates for 3 damage.

The group in front of Bastian are at the base of the wagon, and are trying to steal a crate.

The group near Eckert doesn't advance, hoping to stop him before they go further.

(I'am not going to bother with a map for this encounter, but the next encounter will have one)

DarkNewton
2009-02-16, 06:31 PM
"Thas righ yah lil buggers' yah picked the wrong wagons t'day!" Oknot screams towards the retreating gobbers.

Snorting the Big Ogrun turns his attention now towards the other groups of gobbers raiding the party. headding towards the neaer group and lashing out again with his warcleaver.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

Inhuman Bot
2009-02-19, 09:23 PM
(once more sorry for the near-dead rate of posting...)

Heading towards the group attacking Eckart, Oknot swings and misses the gobbers, who also miss with their attacks.

The other group lifts up a crate and tries to hurry back into cover.

Inhuman Bot
2009-02-21, 11:28 PM
A few things: Is the title messed up for anyone else?

I decided to leave the greatcoats as is.

I'm busy with school, but I can confirm updates will happen ever 2 days.

DarkNewton
2009-02-21, 11:39 PM
A few things: Is the title messed up for anyone else?

I decided to leave the greatcoats as is.

I'm busy with school, but I can confirm updates will happen ever 2 days.

OOC: Yep title is messed up, has been since the last time the forums got shutoff due to new comics. Also generally I can post daily.

Leon
2009-02-22, 12:46 AM
OOC: Ok ty np

IC:

Eckert reels slightly feeling the thuds of several darts hit him, but realizes that he was whole, feverishly reloading his crossbow and letting loose at his diminutive attackers

[roll0]
[roll1]

Oh, i was never good with this ting on a stationary target, let alone a small moving one

Inhuman Bot
2009-02-23, 01:27 AM
The group near Eckart runs out of darts, and stands unsure for a moment, before moving towards the crate, as Eckart misses them with his crossbow.

The other group is nearing cover, and Gunner yells "Let 'em have it! It's not worth chasing them for that!"

Qualia
2009-02-23, 04:01 PM
Bastien

Scarrow snatches a glance at the retreating Gobber's, then looks back at Gunner. He continues to grip his dagger, his knuckles white with effort.

"Do we have a spare horse, or do we need to ditch the lead wagon?"

DarkNewton
2009-02-23, 04:58 PM
Oknot continues to press the attack forward towards the closest group, roaring "'lil green snots, if I get me hands on onnyahs an I'm gonna rip yahs in two an beat yer friends wit dah pieces!" twice as lous as whenhe was singing badly from the back of the train, the bulky Ogrun makes sure the gobbers know they're in for a fight. "You pick'd the wrrrooong train today"

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

Inhuman Bot
2009-02-24, 07:00 PM
Gunner turns to Bastian "We don't have any extra horses, but if you want to chase them, we can unhook a horse"

Oknot: Roaring, you impale one gobber, then turn quickly and use the corpse to crush a second gobber, and finally bring your weapon down on the last one.

(Wanting to finish this encounter? What's makes you say that? :smalltongue:)

Inhuman Bot
2009-02-28, 11:14 PM
*bump*

Qualia, Leon, it's your turns.

Leon
2009-03-01, 07:21 AM
i i have no worries on letting them go if yiur happy with the small loss, i'd rather not splodge off into a unknown swampland in pursuit of those cunning lil devils

Qualia
2009-03-02, 06:35 AM
Bastian

The Thurian smiles "I'm no rider."

DarkNewton
2009-03-02, 09:41 AM
The big ogrun doesn't stop his slaughter of the goblins, having dispatched a pair he continues after what gobbers remain howling as he uses his size and reach to his advantage.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

OOC: I believe there are still 6 of them around? so Oknot will keep attacking until they're all dead, and if they all run, he'll only pursue till about 30 feet away if noone else moves to join the chase.

Inhuman Bot
2009-03-06, 11:25 PM
(actually, the fleeing ones makes it 3)

(also, not dead, just standerdly busy. Sorry)

Leon
2009-03-08, 09:37 AM
Are we all hale

Eckert will check that everyone is safe to continue before getting back on his cart to await further instruction on what the caravan is doing

Inhuman Bot
2009-03-10, 08:35 PM
"Thanks to you all, we're in one peice. The gobbers didn't make off with anything too importent, thankfully" Gunner says.

(Oh, misworded that previous post terrably. There is only 3, the fleeing ones, due to that devil may cry moment)

DarkNewton
2009-03-10, 08:43 PM
Snorting Oknot shifts his grip on his warcleaver as he glares at the three gobbers "Things 'er like swampflies.. " The big ogrun heads now back towards the wagons, making quick work of looting the bodies of the nearest gobbers as he doesn't want to waste any time holding up the wagon train. " Never knows whatcha 'might find" he mutters to himself

Qualia
2009-03-11, 05:25 AM
Bastian

Bastian watches the big Ogrun loot the bodies, and calls out to him. "Be careful, you might not want everything they're carrying."

Leon
2009-03-14, 09:38 AM
Indeed, grubby little things playing about in muck all day and stealing from others.

I, look forward to getting out of this damp place and back to civilization

DarkNewton
2009-03-14, 10:05 AM
Oknot finishes with the looting and clambers up onto the he wagon he originally left, "Allrights lets get back moving 'fore they call in more 'o their friends"

Inhuman Bot
2009-03-18, 10:06 PM
Oknot finds 2 useable small sized suits of leather armor, and 10 remaining small sized darts.

Of most note is the fog machine, which appears to have 1 or 2 charges left.

Once everyone is mounted, Gunner calls out "We best get moving. As Oknot said, there may be more".

The carvan begins moving again, and as the sun begins to set, you hope there isn't any more trouble.

DarkNewton
2009-03-18, 10:31 PM
Dumping his gathered loot at the foot of his seat in the caravan the Ogrun laughs loudly, "Well we sure did show those useless green snots ain't we" giving the driver of his caravan a gaptoothed smile and bellowing out a victory howl, "How'd you boys hold up?" he calls to the other wagons.

After finally settling back down onto the grind of the trail Oknot turns his attention to all the additional gear he had dragged back with him, including a the odd shaped fog machine. After sorting through the junk he shakes out the two suits of waaay too small armor.

Snorting almost derisively, Oknot Hollars over to the other guys in the party, "Hey either of you guys need these leather jackets.. they should 'e fine if yah wash out the stink.." sniffing them briefly, "Witha mild acid" setting these aside, he picks up the collection of darts, "Er how bout these toothpicks they was tossin at us.. if yah needs em they is yers"

Any other scraps of clothing or useless bits of material are casually tossed off to the side, and Oknot turns his attention to the fog machine lifting it up to his ear he swishes it around listening to the remaining liquid inside swirl "Dunno how much use this'll be, tho we could always sell it.." Using a few spare leather straps he fashions a crude leather sling to carry the fog machine.

Qualia
2009-03-19, 04:28 AM
Bastian

"Let me have a look at those darts - see if they fly true."

Bastian examines the darts, testing them for weight.

"Hmm, could be useful, they will need a wash though."

He takes one last look around, his eyes checking for movement, before once again laying back and closing his eyes.

Leon
2009-03-19, 09:41 AM
You are welcome to keep that contraption as far as im concerned and the amour, although you could get a set of shoes fashioned from them

Inhuman Bot
2009-03-25, 08:40 PM
(Just saying I still am here and sorry as per usual...)

After the attack, the lead horse is replaced with a packhorse, and Gunner asks you to help pick up the spilled cargo.

Once that task is done, your off, and Gunner curses the Gobbers all the way to Corvis, and their mothers too.

(Just letting you all talk now, I'll post tommorow either way)

DarkNewton
2009-03-25, 08:48 PM
Bellowing out a laugh, Oknot gives Eckert a wide gaptoothed grin "A paira boots, that's rich.. " as he sets about helping collect all the cargo that got scattered during the ruckus. All the while keeping an eye on thetreeline, "How often do you guys see those lil' boggers, do you guys run this route allot?"

Once all the cargo has been gathered and re-secured he pulls himself back into the wagon he began on. "Welp with any luck we won't see any more of those things.."

Inhuman Bot
2009-03-30, 08:16 PM
(heh... post tommorrow... that was a laugh... I can't post an update for a day or so longer, as my brother had lent our copy of The witchfire trilogy to a friend of his.)

DarkNewton
2009-04-15, 07:07 PM
Hacking loudly, Oknot finally makes a loud snort before spitting over the side of his wagon as it trundles over a bump in the road.