PDA

View Full Version : A Pocketful of Feats (PEACH)

The_Shaman
2006-09-27, 04:23 PM
The first is a version of the "paladin+x" feats from Complete Adventurer, and the others are feats for us sneaky honorless poisoners <<Evil laughter>>

Devoted Bravo (General)
Requires: Smite evil feature, Insightful strike feature
- swashbuckler and paladin levels stack for determining smite damage and attempts per day
- Balance, tumble, jump, disguise and bluff are considered class skills, and the character adds his Charisma bonus to balance, tumble, and jump.
- can freely multiclass between paladin and swashbuckler (as long as he is Lawful Good when he takes a paladin level)

Snakefang(general)
Requires: 5 ranks in knowledge (nature), 2 ranks in heal, 2 ranks in survival, 2 ranks in craft (poisonmaking)
- gets a +2 to craft (poisonmaking) checks, survival checks, and heal checks when making or curing natural poisons.
- Can prepare or apply natural poison without a risk of poisoning oneself.
- Can prepare antitoxins with a craft (poisonmaking) check, with 5+ ranks in heal giving a +2 synergy. However, such antitoxins are efficient only against natural poisons.
Special: if a character with this feat acquires the poison use feature, he may elect to get the poisonmaker feat instead, but applying only to natural poisons.

Poisonmaker (General)
Requires: 5 ranks in craft (poisonmaking), Base fort. Save of +2, Intelligence 11 or above
- adds +1 to the DC of any poison the character makes through the craft (poisonmaking) feat,
- gives a +2 insight bonus to fortitude saves against poison.
- The character never accidentally poisons himself when preparing poison.

Master Poisonmaker (General)
Requires: 10 ranks in craft (poisonmaking), Poisonmaker
- adds +4 the DC of any single poison that he prepares through the use of the craft skills (chosen at the time of taking the feat), and +1 to the DC of all others. The two bonuses stack with each other and other feats (such as the poisonmaker).
- The character never accidentally poisons himself when applying poison.

Any comments?

Lord Iames Osari
2006-09-27, 04:35 PM
Looks fine to me.

zad101
2006-09-27, 05:13 PM
I like poison ;D always fun to use at parties

Eighth_Seraph
2006-09-27, 09:45 PM
These are very nice feats, especially the poisonmaker and Master poisonmaker, as the increased DCs will earn someone some very, very nice money in the thieves' guild and would be great for an NPC guildmember as well.

TheOOB
2006-09-28, 03:33 AM
Combine all the feats and you have a master poisonmaking holy swashbuckler :)

Anyways, good feats, all of them. The poisonmaking feats will not likely be used much by adventurers, due to the amount of time it takes to craft things, but having a friend who knows how to make potent poisons like that may be quite useful.

The_Shaman
2006-09-28, 10:19 AM
You know, I've been having a crazy character idea... would it be too much if I added the duelist PrC into the devoted bravo mix (for multiclassing purposes, and possibly for the smite)? It may be a bit overdone... but something as wacky as a paladin duelist needs some encouragement to be created, imo :)

Fax Celestis
2006-09-28, 11:04 AM
You know, I've been having a crazy character idea... would it be too much if I added the duelist PrC into the devoted bravo mix (for multiclassing purposes, and possibly for the smite)? It may be a bit overdone... but something as wacky as a paladin duelist needs some encouragement to be created, imo :)
That it does.

The_Shaman
2006-09-30, 09:28 AM
Ok, something else for the dexterity paladins out there.

Divine Panache (Divine)
Req.: Ability to turn undead, weapon finesse
The character sacrifices one use of the turn undead ability as a swift action to gain a bonus to his attack and damage rolls (the bonus damage is precision-based) equal to his charisma bonus (if any) for one round. Also, rolls to confirm critical hits are made with a further +4 bonus.

I basically wanted to make it similar to divine power, although it seems to be a bit weaker. Any ideas as to whether it should be improved - and how? I thought about adding the ability to pierce DR of monsters not immune to critical hits, but that seemed a bit too much.

Divine Guidance
Requirement: Ability to turn undead, weapon finesse
Effect: The character sacrifices one use of the turn undead ability as a move action to gain the ability to inflict critical hits and precision damage (including sneak attack) to creatures normally immune to such effects for a number of rounds equal to his charisma modifier / 2 (minimum of one round). Also, the character subtracts his charisma modifier of any damage reduction his strikes do not overcome.

(These ones might have to be two different divine feats, I don't know. Anyway, the idea is that with a little help from above, one might be able to score a telling blow even against a creature normally not subject to such)

HellFencer
2006-09-30, 01:45 PM
Oh, the Devoted Bravo feat makes me wanna make a holy pirate.... :P

Very nice looking feats. My only concern is Snakefang letting you only prepare or apply natural poisons... Aren't all poisons natural? Any poison I can think of usually comes from an animal, monster (for lack of a better clasification), or plant. Am I wrong?

martyboy74
2006-09-30, 01:52 PM
Oh, the Devoted Bravo feat makes me wanna make a holy pirate.... :P

Very nice looking feats. My only concern is Snakefang letting you only prepare or apply natural poisons... Aren't all poisons natural? Any poison I can think of usually comes from an animal, monster (for lack of a better clasification), or plant. Am I wrong?
Arsenic

The_Shaman
2006-09-30, 03:01 PM
I think there were some sources that divided poisons into plant-based, animal-based, alchemical, chemical and others (i.e. positoxins, ravages etc.). What poison is what depends on the DM, but, say, centipede venom or snake venom should be included within the definition. Herbal poisons, and anything you actually have to distil, should be discissed on a case-by-case basis.

Basically I want this to be a feat for rangers. For me poisons and sneak attack/sudden strike are among the features that would fit the class best, but there are more PrCs with sneak attack for fighters than rangers (i.e. with urban requirements and flavor).

So far the only one that I like the flavor of is the Justice of Weal and Woe, but being a chauvinistic elf is a bit too much of a limitation :D .

HellFencer
2006-09-30, 05:09 PM
Oh right... Then I suppose it would behoove a GM that used these feats to define what "natural" is. I personally don't know how arsenic is made, but I'd assume you just mix some stuff. Well, that's all snake venom is: you just mix some other stuff and BAM! 'course, this means that the snake is the beaker...

You could say specifically "herbal poisons and animal / insect poisons" to be 100% clear.

ishi
2006-09-30, 05:19 PM
I personally don't know how arsenic is made, but I'd assume you just mix some stuff. Well, that's all snake venom is: you just mix some other stuff and BAM! 'course, this means that the snake is the beaker...

You could say specifically "herbal poisons and animal / insect poisons" to be 100% clear.

Arsenic is an element, and so probably natural. I think "natural" is meant to rule out manufactured poisons. I think there's a list of poisons in the DM's guide; the names of most should clarify whether they are natural or manufactured.

The_Shaman
2006-10-01, 01:18 PM
Bump - a new divine feat added. Has anyone tried the various paladin substitution levels in Champions of Valor, by the way?