PDA

View Full Version : Need some help with my english class.

BizzaroStormy
2009-02-04, 09:44 AM
I have a research assignment for my english class but am having trouble interpreting the assignment. Heres what she wrote:

"Topic is a histoical or cultural event frmo one of the units you have studied."

So far, all we've read is fiction mostly dealing with creation stories and random others.

Cristo Meyers
2009-02-04, 09:55 AM
Well I would consider the creation story itself a cultural event and just run with that.

BizzaroStormy
2009-02-04, 10:14 AM
Bah! I'll just tell my teacher im not doing it. I got better things to concern myself with anyway.

THAC0
2009-02-04, 01:30 PM
Bah! I'll just tell my teacher im not doing it. I got better things to concern myself with anyway.

Hopefully said teacher is a lot nicer than I am, if that's your plan. I can't see that being a very good idea. ;)

PhoeKun
2009-02-04, 02:41 PM

What a wonderful idea! Yes, shirking responsibility is obviously the way to go. *rolls eyes*

BizzaroStormy
2009-02-04, 02:43 PM
To be honest she's pretty much a [word that I wont say here] but since it would be my first offense in two years and the fact that my grade can easily weather a letter drop or two...I'm really not concerned with it.

Jack Squat
2009-02-04, 03:13 PM
I have a research assignment for my english class but am having trouble interpreting the assignment. Heres what she wrote:

"Topic is a histoical or cultural event frmo one of the units you have studied."

So far, all we've read is fiction mostly dealing with creation stories and random others.

She had the typos in there as well? I'd ask her for clarification, if she doesn't explain it to fit your needs, I'd take it to the department head/administration and file a complaint.

I mean, she's probably wanting you to research what historical or cultural event inspired the writing of a work, but you never know.