PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy rpg system (pdf)

Dust
2009-02-05, 01:39 PM
Hey folks, long time lurker, first time poster, you know how it goes.

One of my livejournal communities had someone post up a Final Fantasy homebrew setting, based off of the Returners and the ZODIAC systems available for free online. I read it thoroughly - which was tough due to the lack of paragraph indents and single column - and I think it's absolutely brilliant. Although not ad20 system, I wanted to share it with everyone here.

It's available for download here (http://hosted.filefront.com/ffrpg)
It is a virus-free 6.32 MB .pdf document that shouldn't take longer than a minute to download.

I emailed the creator with some basic thoughts, and he got back to me relatively quickly. Seems like a good guy.

Now, to try and pitch this system to my friends....

Debihuman
2009-02-05, 06:37 PM
Thanks for posting the link. Although I've been on a d20 kick for the past year or so, it is refreshing to see new games being presented.

Debby

Zeta Kai
2009-02-07, 02:08 PM
I just browsed the entire thing, & I have to say, it is quite impressive. It is comprehensive, well-formatted, & nicely written. The author has done an incredible job of making a pastiche of all the Final Fantasy games into one combined campaign setting. The mechanics are not exactly d20, but they are rather close, so it won't be hard for players to make the mental conversion. Some things I don't agree with, & others may not work as well as they are intended to, but overall, this is excellent.

Darksword
2009-02-07, 05:38 PM
O wow. I played reureners once but, I disliked it because the lack of cahracter choices. This is blowing my mind away. I am only on starting reading chapter three and I love it.

Dust
2009-02-14, 05:57 PM
I started playing this with my local group last night. The system didn't disappoint, making for fast, streamlined combats and some amazingly cinematic skill-usage moments. Quasi-bump, but mostly just to say that this is worth a second look. Wow.