PDA

View Full Version : She's a hurricane in all types of weather [PRC]

Thistle
2006-09-28, 08:33 PM
What do you think? Too overpowered, underpowered, too fast in progression? I wasn’t quite sure what I was thinking when I made it.

Spirited Dancer

A spirited dancer is a virtuoso of footwork. They are found often in the courts of nobles either as entertainers unto themselves, professionals to be hired as a partner, part of the court themselves, or unexpected guests. But there is more to them than meets the eyes. They are also masters of deception, speechcraft, and close combat. The demure wallflower hanging on the duke’s arm may in fact be his trusted advisor and bodyguard. The dashing gentleman waltzing with the countess could be an assassin.
Hit Die: d8

Requirments
Skills: Perform (Dance) 8 ranks, Knowledge (nobility and royalty) 2 ranks
Feats: Unarmed Strike, Improve Grapple

Class Skills
Balance, Bluff, Concentration, Craft, Diplomacy, Disguise, Escape Artist, Gather Information, Intimidate, Jump, Knowledge (nobility), Perform, Profession, Sense motive, Sleight of Hand, Tumble
Skill points each level: 6+ Int modifier

Class Features
All the following are class features of the spirited dancer prestige class.

Base Attack: Average (as cleric)
Saves: Good Reflex
Weapon and Armor Proficiency: Spirited dancers gain no proficiency with any armor or weapons

Level
1 * * *Unarmed damage, spirited dance
2 * * *Take the Lead
3 * * *Adaptable Choreography
4 * * *New Move
5 * * *Faststep

Unarmed damage: As monk except 1d6 at level one, 1d8 at level three and 1d10 at level five. However, levels don't stack to increase a monk's unarmed damage.

Spirited Dance: A spirited dancer may go into a flurry of footwork while grappling a single opponent for a number of rounds equal to five times her spirited dancer level. Beginning a spirited dance requires the partner to make an opposed grapple check (the spirited dancer gets a bonus of her spirited dancer level to this check) at the beginning of the first round. Ever round therafter requires another check. If the partner fails both opponents are considered to have taken a move action at the start of their turn and neither are allowed to take action to break away from the grapple or pin the opponent.
Both the spirited dancer and the opponent are considered fatigued for the number of rounds the spirited dance was done if it was kept up for five or more rounds. If the spirited dance was kept up for ten or more rounds the partner is considered exhausted instead of fatigued. If the dance was done for fifteen or more rounds the partner is stunned as well.
While doing a spirited dance creatures within 30 ft must make a Will save (DC= 10+ half spirited dancer level+ Cha bonus) or be fascinated.
A spirited dancer may not begin a spirited dance if pinned, grappling multiple opponents or wearing any kind of armor

Take the Lead: a Spirited Dancer may move her full speed while grappling by winning on opposed grapple check. This requires a move action and may only be done when there is only one other grappler that the spirited dance is engaging.

Adaptable Choreography: A spirited dancer does not loss her Dex bonus to AC against a nongrappling opponent while grappling.

New Move: A spirited dancer may attack with an unarmed attack with no penalty while grappling. If they choose the spirited dancer can cause the damage to not be dealt until 5 rounds after the grapple ends. A perform (dance) check may be used to disguise the attack as part of the dance, opposed by a spot check. The one being attacked gets a +20 to the opposed check (+10 if the damage is delayed).

Faststep: A spirited dancer may make a number of attacks according to her base attack bonus as a standard action while grappling a single opponent, unarmed, and unarmored. They may not take advantage of extra attacks granted by feats, magic, flurry of blows or similar abilities.

Rolaran
2006-09-28, 11:10 PM
I don't know how to judge power levels, but I'd love to use one as an assassin at a dance... a mysterious and attractive woman asks a PC to dance, then begins to attack the PC while his friends watch unaware...

Mr._Blinky
2006-09-28, 11:47 PM
I don't know how to judge power levels, but I'd love to use one as an assassin at a dance... a mysterious and attractive woman asks a PC to dance, then begins to attack the PC while his friends watch unaware...

Fred: Hey, why's the hot elf chick punching Bob in the face?
Jack: No idea. Maybe elf chicks are like that?
Fred: Hmm, maybe-HOLY CRAP, SHE JUST KICKED HIM IN THE NUTS!
Jack: Ooh, ouch. Maybe he just said something she didn't like?
Fred: She's beating the crap out of him! Why isn't anyone helping?
Jack: Why aren't we helping?
Fred:...I guess it's kinda' funny...
Etc...

Anyways, nice looking class. I like the idea of full attacking in a grapple, it an idea I'm surprised I haven't seen before?

Rolaran
2006-09-28, 11:54 PM
Fred: Hey, why's the hot elf chick punching Bob in the face?
Jack: No idea. Maybe elf chicks are like that?
Fred: Hmm, maybe-HOLY CRAP, SHE JUST KICKED HIM IN THE NUTS!
Jack: Ooh, ouch. Maybe he just said something she didn't like?
Fred: She's beating the crap out of him! Why isn't anyone helping?
Jack: Why aren't we helping?
Fred:...I guess it's kinda' funny...
Etc...

Anyways, nice looking class. I like the idea of full attacking in a grapple, it an idea I'm surprised I haven't seen before?

I thought one of the class abilities was to make it look like a dance?

Still, the friends must wonder what kind of dance involves repeated headbutts...