PDA

View Full Version : Children of Crystal [Elemental War, Template]

The Demented One
2006-08-29, 11:10 PM
Crystal Eidolon
Many think of the crysmals as harmless, simple psionic creatures scurrying around and reproducing in their strange fashin. But some, true devotees of psionics, have discovered the secrets of the crysmals, and learned just what they do deep beneath the world. For you see, while crysmals are content to simply make more of their own, they have deeper schemes. For aeons, they have created strange scions, crystalline replicas of other creatures. Crystal Eidolons, as they are known, resemble the creatures they are based on, save that they are made entirely from luminous green crystal. Crystal Eidolons are strange and enigmatic, and even they cannot say why they were created. They tend to be eccentric and reclusive, albeit greedy, though they can be roused to action.

Creating A Crystal Eidolon
Crystal Eidolon is an inherited template that can be added to any corporeal, living creature.

Size and Type
Type changes to elemental, and the creature gains the augmented, earth, and psionic subtypes.

Speed
A Crystal Eidolon gains a burrow speed equal to half its base land speed.

Armor Class
A Crystal Eidolon’s natural armor bonus to AC increases by four.

Special Attacks
A Crystal Eidolon retains all the special attacks of the base creature and also gains the following special attacks.

Psychic Sting (Su)
A Crystal Eidolon can overload the nervous system of a creature with pain by touching it, requiring a touch attack to hit. The touch attack is a standard action, and the eidolon must spend a single power point to use it. A creature hit by the touch attack takes 1d10 points of damage per two HD of the eidolon, rounded up. The creature may attempt a Will save, DC 10 + ½ the Crystal Eidolon’s HD + the Crystal Eidolon’s Cha modifier, for half damage.

Special Qualities
A Crystal Eidolon retains all the special qualities of the base creature and also gains the following qualities.

* Elemental traits
* Damage reduction 5/bludgeoning
* Darkvision 60 ft.
* Naturally Psionic: Crystal Eidolons gain 2 bonus power points at 1st level.
* Resistance to cold 5, electricity 5, and fire 5

Ingest Crystal (Ex)
A Crystal Eidolon may heal itself by ingesting a crystal or gem, which takes a standard action. Digesting the crystal takes 1d10 rounds, during which time the eidolon cannot ingest any other gems. Once the crystal is fully digested, the eidolon is healed 1 hp per 25 gp of the crystal’s market price.

Abilities
Increase from the base creature as follows: Str +2, Con +2, Int -2, Cha +2

Challenge Rating
Same as base creature +1.

Alignment
Usually Lawful (Any).

Level Adjustment
Same as base creature +3.

LordOfNarf
2006-08-29, 11:16 PM
I don't get the obsession with crysmals, but it looks reallty cool.

MitP vote: Yes (is it entered yet?)

And how do you do these so fast? it takes me an hour+ to make a creature, you seem to be belting them out every fifteen minutes.

The Demented One
2006-08-29, 11:21 PM
I don't get the obsession with crysmals, but it looks reallty cool.

MitP vote: Yes (is it entered yet?)

And how do you do these so fast? it takes me an hour+ to make a creature, you seem to be belting them out every fifteen minutes.
I've gotten a lot of stuff macro'd up, so I don't have to type out anything but the creature's stats. Besides that, I've just done it so much that the calculations involved in making it come pretty fast. However, that does nothing to mitigate the most time-consuming part of creature-making: actually coming up with ideas worth being made into creatures.

Fax Celestis
2006-08-30, 12:07 AM
I've gotten a lot of stuff macro'd up, so I don't have to type out anything but the creature's stats. Besides that, I've just done it so much that the calculations involved in making it come pretty fast. However, that does nothing to mitigate the most time-consuming part of creature-making: actually coming up with ideas worth being made into creatures.
I use wiki templates and plug-n-play that way.

Lord Iames Osari
2006-08-30, 01:18 AM
Yes, I want to create a Lunar Progeny.

Eighth_Seraph
2006-08-30, 08:59 PM
But some, true devotees of psionics, have discovered the secrets of the crysmals, and learned just what they do deep beneath the world.

Is that a reference to Psionic_Devotee I smell? Either way, he'll be thrilled to see the word crysmal in a homebrew post made by you. I'll go do some research on psionics and make a MitP decision. looks well made, though at higher levels a good puch of high quality diamonds would be a quick way to heal hit points, depending on the creature's digestion. How long would that be exactly?

The Demented One
2006-08-30, 09:22 PM
Is that a reference to Psionic_Devotee I smell? Either way, he'll be thrilled to see the word crysmal in a homebrew post made by you. I'll go do some research on psionics and make a MitP decision. looks well made, though at higher levels a good puch of high quality diamonds would be a quick way to heal hit points, depending on the creature's digestion. How long would that be exactly?
As it says, takes 1d10 rounds to digest a crystal.

Eighth_Seraph
2006-08-30, 09:38 PM
Ahh sorry, must've missed that part.

Lord Iames Osari
2006-09-03, 11:58 PM
MitP Vote: Yes.

Zeal
2006-09-04, 12:04 AM
MitP Vote: yes

The Demented One
2006-09-28, 09:55 PM
Bumping this for the Elemental War.