PDA

View Full Version : I Disbelieve Reality!

Macrovore
2006-09-24, 01:24 PM
i remember a class a while back that was so crazy powerful as illusionists, they could actually disbelieve reality, and I can't find it in the board archives. I was wondering if any of you have it linked, or could dig it up for me?

Diem
2006-09-24, 01:40 PM
Hey man, I haven't seen that class either, but it sounds familiar, and I've actually been looking for the same thing. It almost reminds me of Planescape: Torment, did you ever play that? The power of belief in that game is such that you can will people into or out of existence. Anyway, if we can't find this class, maybe we can collaborate and write a new one, what do you say?
~N

Jack_Simth
2006-09-24, 03:14 PM
I reject yer reality and substitute my own! (http://www.giantitp.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=homebrew;action=display;num=11543004 48)

That the one?

Macrovore
2006-09-24, 03:39 PM
that's the one. thanks.

Delcan
2006-09-24, 11:51 PM
*grin* That would be the Weirder. Glad to know my occasional mad scribblings have fans - now I have a warm and fuzzy feeling inside. ;D

NullAshton
2006-09-25, 10:53 AM
Heh. The only problem with that class feature is that you have to worry about illusionary dragons eating you.

Closet_Skeleton
2006-09-25, 12:50 PM
I made a class like that once. It would appear that it didn't end up in the compendium. You seem to be thinking about a differant one though.

Jack_Simth
2006-09-25, 05:31 PM
Heh. The only problem with that class feature is that you have to worry about illusionary dragons eating you.
Oh, as an illusion is (usually) a spell, spell-like, or supernatural ability, he gets to decide whether to treat it as real or treat it as an illusion. Sure, if he decides to treat it as real, then it can successfully eat him. If he decides not to treat it as real, then it can't.

He can also decide to treat that Wall of Force in his way as illusory, and pass right through it. Which makes for fun chase scenes.

Or he can decide to treat that Illusory Wall as real, and walk right over it. Which also makes for fun chase scenes.

Of course, he can't set either of those up himself.... which makes it tricky. But that's what Cohorts are for. Assuming this guy can attract a cohort.....

Fax Celestis
2006-09-25, 07:35 PM
Oh, as an illusion is (usually) a spell, spell-like, or supernatural ability, he gets to decide whether to treat it as real or treat it as an illusion. Sure, if he decides to treat it as real, then it can successfully eat him. If he decides not to treat it as real, then it can't.

He can also decide to treat that Wall of Force in his way as illusory, and pass right through it. Which makes for fun chase scenes.

Or he can decide to treat that Illusory Wall as real, and walk right over it. Which also makes for fun chase scenes.

Of course, he can't set either of those up himself.... which makes it tricky. But that's what Cohorts are for. Assuming this guy can attract a cohort.....
The cohort is his acid supplier.

Jack_Simth
2006-09-25, 07:48 PM
Prefferably another Wierder. Cohort and leader, in advance, make a sets of barriers; bridges the chasam with an Illusiory Wall ("Well, we needed a bridge here.... oh, and I'll put up an illusion of one so anyone chasing us won't know which to pick" - both are illusionary, but each treats the other's as real, and so both cross safely... and chasers get a fun surprise). Both hover half of a corridor with a Wall of Force (and Permanency it). Each "knows" the other just put up an Illusiory Wall of an Invisible Wall of Force (Hey, they are effectively on Acid......). Both of course make these walls of force off of scrolls (Oh, forgot to prepare it this morning?) to minimize the save DC.