PDA

View Full Version : Lost and Clueless (We have Broken the Chains of Mere existance)

Highwarlord
2009-02-11, 01:56 AM
A cold, sharp wind blowing across the empty, wasted plains rouses you from what seems like an eon of sleep. Your eyes open into infertile, dull-brown earth, and as you lift your head you see the dreary wasteland about you and a group of strangers, also just starting to stir. Your throats and mouths (excepting those of the warforged, of course) feel parched, as though it were days since you last drank and the pain of parched lips seems to verify this feeling. Your body below the neck still feels numb, though you can manage to look about by twisting your necks.

The land in which you find yourself seems bleak and lifeless. Almost no hills cut off your view of the grayish flatland’s horizon as it seems to merge with the bleak, overcast sky. As a second blast of frigid wind cuts into you, you notice a single dead tree around half a hundred meters from you of the same color as the dirt bend from the air’s onslaught. This plant would have seemed almost invisible amidst the uniform grey-brown of the plain had the powerful gusts of wind not shaken it so. Aside from this lone tree, there are neither landmarks nor signs of life in the seemingly endless wasteland that spreads before your gaze.

In much closer proximity, the scene is certainly more interesting. A group of humanoids, including you, lies in a strange pattern about a primitive well. The walls of the well extend barely above your head. A misshapen wooden wheel lies on a stone spoke atop the wall, a length of rope wrapped about it, with one end tied into a knot about the wheel, while the other end is split into four ends, each strung through a hole at the top of a deep and seemingly ancient stone bowl, making for a primitive bucket. The beings sprawled around this construction seemed to have collapsed in the midst of combat.

Two warforged lie facing each other, one bearing a bright silver color, the other a dim black. Both bear adamantium plating reinforcing their hulking forms. The silver colored one bears a sword in its right hand and a shield in its left. Though it collapsed forward, its legs remain bent and stretched, making it apparent that the creature was in the midst of sidestepping or possibly circling. The darker plated one bears no weapon. Though it, too, fell forward, the locked position of its legs make it seem like this creature was about to pounce.

A human dressed in flamboyant robes lies against the well, his hands lying outstretched. His ringed fingers are curled into fists, making it apparent that he was not long out of the fight. He bears a visible wound across his chest, a thin gash with large bruises above and below. The wound is closed and the blood has long since dried, sticking his robes to his chest.

Lying on the opposite side of the well, face pressed against its ceramic surface, is a tall human female in mithril chainmail. Though her hands lie against the sides of the well, her fingers curl away from it as though in some arcane gesture.

Lying less than a foot behind this woman, body turned sideways, is a bizarre looking elf. A quarter of his body lies buried beneath the sand, though what little can be seen of the lower half of his body is white, both in skin and robe. The robes covering the half of his body facing the sky is pitch black. Strange tattoos run along this thin figure’s form.

An orc lies with his back to the strange elf, a greatsword lying just outside of his grasp buried deep into the pale, white robe clad corpse of a human. This man’s hands clutch the side of the blade that ran him through. His mouth is sewn shut, and he wears strange greenish crystalline goggles as a band about his head. His eyes are a deep piercing blue that is now cloudy with death. Aside from the goggles, this figure seems to hold nothing outside of his robes.

Lying ten few yards away is a man clad in spiked platemail. His right arm is curled about his lance while his left holds a spined shield to his side. His legs are splayed open, as though he had been riding in the saddle of some creature prior to whatever it was that incapacitated this group. Curled around him protectively is a huge white lion, wearing metallic plate barding with spikes of its own. The silver fletching of three arrows juts out of this creature’s belly and the surrounding region is purple and swollen. A single arrow sticks out of its front left paw, and that limb looks swollen and useless. The wounded regions give off a vile stench that is thankfully pushed away with each powerful gust of wind.

Lying mauled five yards further is a second man with his mouth sewn shut. This man wears ringmail, now ruined, with metal the same color as the other dead man’s robe. He clutches a javelin in each hand. The one in his right is shattered and ruined while the one in his left is whole. The broken javelin appears to be of normal wood, while the surviving weapon seems to be made of the same greenish crystal as the goggles adorning the other dead man.

Lying seemingly alone, away from the other beings, is a savage looking human. His fists bear no weapon, but one leg juts outwards away from his body, as though he was frozen while delivering a high-kick.

A third blast of icy wind cuts into you, and you can feel sensation returning to your limbs and extremities. Though pain fills your body, it is overshadowed by relief at your ability to move.

ixious
2009-02-11, 07:42 PM
Waking up, Kristis leaps to his feet. Brushing off his arms, Kristis notices a few new scars and smirks, "I may not remember much on what got me here, but it must have been fun to have these.." Hearing the words of Adrien, he looks around.

"If you know what we are doing here, go on ahead and talk. I do not understand this "please you", but if me refraining from leaving your organs to cook in the sun "pleases you", then take this as my tentative offer, for now, now talk."

Dreamshifter
2009-02-16, 09:03 PM

Asura's eyes snap open at some unheard sound, his ringed fists striking out at the enemy in front of him.

Except, they met with no enemy, and the strike unbalanced him, since he was't on his feet, but instead sitting. "Woah, woah, wo-aaahhh!" he exclaims as he topples to the side, landing in the dusty ground just before he can catch himself. Popping back to his feet a moment later, he dusts himself off, then realizes he is wounded. "Ouch, hey, what..."

Just as quickly, he clues in that it's more that he was wounded, not is. He shakes his head vigorously, trying to get things straight in his mind. Which leads to the realization that he can't hardly remember anything. With a heavy sigh, he says to himself (but loud enough to be heard) "Ok, so it's going to be one of those days. Wish I knew who ruined my clothes, these things are not cheap."

He looks around, still not quite all there. "Man, bodies everywhere! Wish I knew what was going on. Say, any of you know, by any chance?"

DrakebloodIV
2009-02-16, 09:21 PM
Arising from the dim grey soil in a half sleep, Adrian instinctively throws off a blanket that isn't there. He stumbles around in a strange pattern as though navigating a house he knew.

"Withersworth..." Began Adrian, his voice slightly raspy from lack of water "Withersworth where is breakfast..."

The question where is Withersworth rattles through his mind. As he gradually begins to waken, the question Who is Withersworth gradually replaces it. An odd sensation permeates Adrian's mind, as though a vacuum exists in it where the name Withersworth came from. As Adrian awakens he begins to notice around him the other beings beginning to stir from their sleep. He then looks at the well. On this flat, endless plain it is the only object and an odd sort of reverence is around it. Taking a coin from his bags, Adrian tosses it into the well. He hears it clink against the side of the wall several times, and a satisfying sploosh finishes the freefall.

"I wish I knew what was going on" He says to the well

Looking over towards the corpse, Adrian grabs the goggles off of the corpse and gives it a slow frisk for any other valuables. Inherently curious, he also pries open the mouth of the man to see if anything is in his stitched shut visage. Afterward, he ambles his way towards his lion, giving it a quick search around its body to look for other injuries. He then gives it a full medical exam to the best of his abilities. He gradually works his way down to the ankle, working it around to the best of his abilities and trying his best to loosen and remove the arrow.

OOC

Checks made
Heal DC 15 to remove movement impeding thing (assuming DC for caltrops applies to arrow) [roll0] Sorry, typo. Subtract 2 from this roll
Str check DC X to pry open the goggled mans mouth [roll1]
Heal DC to diagnose the disease [roll2]
Search check to find valuables on the goggled man [roll3]

Syka
2009-02-17, 05:25 PM
Keir

Keir utters the last half of some sort of incantation, completing the movement her hand was frozen in, but nothing happens. Once fully awake, there is some confusion in her mind as to what she was doing and why her face is pressed into the cool (?) surface of some sort of stone.

She backs up to get a better look around, thinking it would help her get her bearings. Unfortunately, it serves to make Keir even more confused. The young woman furrows her brow at the gray elf laying a mere few feet away and the veritable menagerie the extends beyond.

"Can-" Keir realizes her throat is a bit too dry to make words without rasping, and finds the waterskin that is hanging on her belt. A swig helps, but it's not much more than a mouthful. She resumes, addressing her question to the elf, "Can you tell me what's going on? Where is this...place?"

Keir hesitated to call it a desert. Even deserts had the feeling of life. This was just a wasteland.

She had no doubt she'd was either having a nightmare or she'd just woken up on on the majorly wrong side of the bed.

Waspinator
2009-02-19, 12:57 AM
Warden, the more silver of the two Warforged, awakens to see the various humanoids in their states of disarray.

"I am not sure what has occured either. I believe that my name is Warden, but cannot remember the circumstances of how I came to be hear. In fact, I do not seem to remember much at all."

Thinking to himself, he wonders what the conflict that seems to have occured was about. He does not wish to start it again if it can be avoided, however. Worst comes to worst, his great strength makes him enough of a combatant that he is not too worried about his own physical fate. His mental status, however, is a different story. He wonders to himself, "Have I been damaged?"

Rising Phoenix
2009-02-19, 03:00 AM
Firae

In the blackness of dreamless sleep a flash of pain jolts across the dark water...

"Remember!" whispers a voiceWhen all sense of sanity abandons you remember something, anything! Remember your name!

He tastes blood and sand in his dry mouth. He feels the warm earth around him in partial embrace. He feels his muscles ache from some forgotten stress.

My name? he thought What was my name again? A name is a phrase given to something, often a living thing, to separate it from other things... What was the phrase given to me?

Darkness and light flash feebly somewere...

Ah...Darkness...and Light...Those two I know at least...One's the whisper one's the wisdom...that's my name...Firae Filuhar...The dark whisper in the bright wisdom... But who am I apart from a title?

Pain arcs through his stunted body

I can't remember?(!) How very odd... I thought I new myself very well...

Voices make their way to his ears...Angry, confused voices...

Danger...The querry will have to wait... Open my eye, survive I must...I must live to remember.

A pair of mismatched eye open and sand poors from the elves black and white robes and hair as he struglles to his feet. He looks around and nearly trips himself as he stretches his skinny body. There are humanoids around him...

"Who...What are you?" he asks is a dry cracking voice "Have I passed on? Has my lifelong answer to what death is finally come to be?"

Highwarlord
2009-02-19, 09:47 PM
Adrian -
The stitching holding the man's mouth shut is made of some metal and it his lips are tightly bound. Though the skin of his mouth nearly tears from the force of your pull, his mouth remains sealed. Frisking the robes of the man yields nothing further, and you cannot immediately discern the purpose of the goggles while holding them in your hand.

DrakebloodIV
2009-02-19, 10:16 PM
After finishing his futile attempts to doctor his mount (OOC- You talked about the Dex poison so I assumed Fail), Adrian lifts his helmet and dons the goggles. He squints slightly and tries to adjust his eyes to the green shading of the crystaline substance and the strange refraction it gives his perception...

Highwarlord
2009-02-20, 12:12 AM
Adrian - As you don the goggles, the band tightens around your head, biting into your scalp. The crystalline lenses coalesce into a dome shape, quickly eliminating the faceted view. Streams of arcane writings roll down your peripheral vision, but you cannot read any of it. After a brief length of time, no more words flow down and the last of the strange writing falls down from view. You then see three ovuloid shapes near the center of your vision, each of which is inscribed with arcane writing that you cannot decipher. They all appear to be floating in the air at arms reach away from you.

Rising Phoenix
2009-02-20, 12:56 AM
Firae

@ Andrian:

What is that man doing? wonders the black and white elf immediately forgetting his current ordeal and walking towards the man and the corpse (?). He spies the goggles and him fiddling around with them...

"Would I be allowed a closer observation?"he asks in an ordinary, yet still dry tone"This is most peculiar, Why would someone sew his mouth shut? And those eyepieces perhaps, perhaps magical properties they have..."

casts detect magic on man and he also uses the following knowledge skills: Arcana [roll0], Religion [roll1], The Planes [roll2] and (what the heck) Nature [roll3]

DrakebloodIV
2009-02-20, 01:14 AM
Adrian attempts to swivel his head, hoping that the ovuloid shapes are some form of warping in the crystal.

Syka
2009-02-20, 01:16 AM
Keir

Recovering fully from her (enchanted?) sleep, Keir stands, stretching out sore muscles and scrunching her face in response to a gust of wind. As no one else seems to be better acquainted with what is going on, she heads over to where the elf, man, lion, and corpse are. Most people would probably go to help the others or loot the corpse, as Adrian had done. Keir crouches down to actually look at the body, though.

Her fingers feel the skin, she looks into the eyes, lifting limbs here and turning the body there. She isn't interested in possesions, but rather what killed the man and how long he's been dead.

((OOC: I'm not sure if I would/should roll a check for that and what it would even be. She's more just like "Oh, dead body." than "Is there something important here?"))

Once she's done with the postmortem examination, Keir would turn to the elf and man. The man put on the goggles and she wasn't sure what happened after that, so she addresses both the elf and the goggle wearer, "Is everything ok?" Her glance goes back to the man wearing the green eye pieces.

Highwarlord
2009-02-20, 01:47 AM
Adrian - The three shapes move as you swivel your head, always occupying the center of your vision and always appearing an arms length away. They make it fairly difficult to see, as they block out a significant portion of your view. The writing on them also remains constant and clear as you move your head.

Firae - Upon casting your divination spell, you are overwhelmed by the flow of magic around you. The entire landscape glows with powerful necromancy and evocation, the well gives off an equally potent glow of abjuration magic, and the sky itself seems to give off swirls of evocation and necromancy. In this overwhelming flood of magical energy, you are unable to discern any specific magic or lack thereof on any individual in the area.

You recognize that the sewing shut of the mouth is an act done by those fervent in some sort of cult, with the belief that it will grant them special powers, but are unable to remember the name of the cult or the powers that it promised.

If the overwhelming aura of magic was not enough to convince you of the unnatural state of the land, the fact that the earth seems suitable for life and that there is virtually no life in your surroundings clue you in to the fact that this area is entirely unnatural.

Keir - Your guess would be that the man died due to the huge sword sticking out of his chest(!). That's just a guess, of course.

DrakebloodIV
2009-02-20, 01:52 AM
Adrian walks towards the girl, making his way slowly as to avoid adjitating the strange orbs in his vision. Feeling slightly awkward, he speaks with the enchantress.

"Hello, my name is Adrian, Lord of... something. What, might I ask, are you doing with this corpse?

OOC- Perhaps a heal check to determine cause of death?

Waspinator
2009-02-20, 01:58 AM
Looking at the body and showing his lack of comprehension that stems from his unusual "heritage", Warden says "This person's condition is most puzzling. I do not suppose that any of you know a place where he might be repaired?"

DrakebloodIV
2009-02-20, 02:10 AM
Snickering slightly at the automaton, Adrian began explaining with the slightest hind of sarcasm.

"While we might be able to perform a return of motor function to this humanoid, it would require a moderate amount of alchemical materials. Although admittedly there are such materials within your fellow androids fist. But even so, the 'repairs' would return only basic motor function. Reasoning and memory centers would require much more in the way of components and magical power and would be less than beneficial"

Finishing his explanation to the warforged, Adrian reached out and touched the right orb.

Dreamshifter
2009-02-20, 02:26 AM
Asura

Since he remains confused and still can't recall, well anything, Asura heads over to the rest of the group. "Man, those are some funky glasses. They do anything nifty?"

Highwarlord
2009-02-20, 02:34 AM
Adrian - Another stream of arcane writings flows down both sides of your peripheral vision as the shapes fade away. Once this stream of writing ends, you gain an incredibly odd vision. You can see red lights outlining the forms of your fellow living companions, the two warforged are outlined in a deep blue. The corpses are outlined a light shade of orange, and the dead tree in the distance has a similarly orange outline. If your gaze rests upon an individual long enough, the reddish outline dims, and instead you see their blood flow, as though looking through their skin and muscle. The various arteries and tubes of their blood is colored in the same red as their outlines once were. Gazing on the warforged causes another disorienting stream of text along the sides of your vision, but no insight into their functions.

Tacitus
2009-02-20, 03:02 AM
Onyx

Eldritch power crackled along the many lines etched into the second warforged's body. The power lingered in the many gems that accented his powerful frame but it faded away just as quickly. Even as his optics flickered and began to give off their fell light it seemed as though a myriad of systems were attempting to activate but they lacked power. His massive right fist clenched and flexed in time with a rhythmic pulse of the black gems embedded upon it until the light finally died away.

He turned his stoic visage on Adrian and the gems glittered, "If you intend to harvest from my frame I will gladly harvest from yours... fleshbag." His voice was cold and seemed to hold a barely noticeable undertone that prickled at the base of the skull. It was by no means painful to listen to the metallic monolith speak but it was certainly not pleasant by any means.

He glanced around for a moment as his consciousness reeled with thoughts he could not truly claim were his own. He knew well enough that he was relatively undamaged and that he did not have the same physical needs as one of the fleshbags -he did so like that term- but he could recall nothing beyond coming online only moments before. He knew his massive fist was meant for crushing ribs and that the shield hanging from his arm needed adjustment. He knew he had several small tools in his belt and even some length of rope. He even understood that these tools were best used for opening fleshbags and extracting information. What he could not explain was a certain chill, a void somewhere in his being that he could not understand. With the gleaming metal unyielding to his touch and his mind clouded he could not search his body for the void and would have to wait for his answers.

DrakebloodIV
2009-02-20, 03:08 AM
Focusing heavily on the chain of symbols to the left, Adrian withdraws his lance and etches them into the surrounding ground.

"Sorceress, you speak the language of Magi, correct? Come here and tell me if you can understand the writings these goggles purvey to me"

After having said that, Adrian reaches out and grabs the central orb firmly and as he does so he looks toward the dark shaded Warforged.

"I wouldn't be so hasty to jump to conclusions, lead-head, you are no monk, after all. Although admittedly I wouldn't mind harvesting your organs, there cannot be much to salvage in the way of a functioning brain though"

Highwarlord
2009-02-20, 03:30 AM
Adrian - There are no orbs in the air to grab, as they have all faded away upon your selection of the far right one. The arcane text moves quickly when you look over one of the Warforged, making the tracing difficult, and there is no similar text when you look elsewhere.
//Make an Int check and a Dex check.

DrakebloodIV
2009-02-20, 03:33 AM
[roll0]Damn ACP
[roll1]

Tacitus
2009-02-20, 03:41 AM
Onyx

A metallic laugh echoed from his body, "You would be correct, meatsack. I lack such organs. If you go looking for them I'll have probably inserted yours by that time. Just to test them out, of course. I may even give them back." He was honestly slightly surprised that his words slipped forth so freely. Already he could feel further terms bubbling to the surface that were mostly just variations on fleshbag and meatsack.

Highwarlord
2009-02-20, 03:43 AM
Adrian attempts to carve some symbols into the earth, but unfortunately they end up garbled and illegible. Even whether they are actually meant to be symbols of magic or merely some unintelligible language remains indeterminate.

DrakebloodIV
2009-02-20, 03:49 AM
Having finished his crude sketch of several of the arcane symbols, Adrian tosses his goggles into his belt and puts his helm back on. He covers his face in just enough time to hide his embarrassed blush.

"Come then, let us see you in a duel. I doubt you can beat my skill with a weapon with your crude studded hands, not to mention your lack any capacity for pain will make leaving you on the floor begging for your life all the more satisfying. For then I will know that you do it out of cowardice, not animal reaction to pain."

Roll initative [roll0]

Tacitus
2009-02-20, 04:43 AM
Onyx

The warforged's massive right hand rises already balled into a fist with the gems upon it gleaming. As he shifts his stance to one that was suggested by his sleeping posture he seems to be staring through Adrian, "You do not want to fight me, pinkskin. I do not tire, as you will soon discover if you wish that I pummel your face for the next several days."

Duel of Wills! Before Initiative is resolved we make opposed Intimidate checks. You may ignore it, giving me +1 to attack and damage in the first round if I make a DC 15 check. You may Submit, taking -2 on init and -1 on attack rolls for one round. You may participate. The winner gets +1 and the loser gets -1 on attack and damage for the duration.

Intimidate: [roll0]

Initiative: [roll1]

DrakebloodIV
2009-02-20, 04:54 AM
Adrians scowl is hidden by the iron of his helm and he grows furious as his enemy prepares for battle, but he chooses not to stoop to the level of his mechanical Nemesis. Having already drawn his hammer, he begins to circle around the well towards his enemy, preparing to strike should his opponent come near him.

A=Adrian
0=Well
X=Onyx

* * * * * Readied action- Attack Onyx the moment he is within hammer range
X * 0 * A
* * * * |
* * * * |
* * * - |

Tacitus
2009-02-20, 05:07 AM
Onyx

The mechanical warrior does not move an inch, staring at Adrian.

What? He's not the one who initiated combat. XP Consider him in full defense until Adrian does something interesting.

DrakebloodIV
2009-02-20, 05:22 AM
Adrian charges towards the Warforged and swings with all his might.

Take This Tin Man!"

[roll0]

Adrians swing makes contact, but the strike clangs against his armor without penetrating at all.

Tacitus
2009-02-20, 05:27 AM
Onyx

The resounding clang hangs in the air for a few moments and in that time the warrior pulls inside Adrian's reach and sends the massive balled fist at the man's gut. However, due to man's reckless motions Onyx's fist slides along his armor harmlessly.

Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

DrakebloodIV
2009-02-20, 05:30 AM
Adrian

Adrian's armor catches the entirety of the blow, he responds with a crippling swing of his hammer to the jaw of the warforged.

[roll0]
[roll1] -2 from this for your DR mmkay?

Tacitus
2009-02-20, 05:42 AM
Onyx
HP: 24/26 AC: 22 T: 10 FF: 22 DR: 2/Adamantium

His head is knocked back slightly but his powerful frame absorbs most of the blow. His massive fist takes hold of the flail at his waist as he lashes out with it in a low sweep to throw Adrian off balance.

Move action: Draw Weapon, no AoO
Standard Action: Trip!
Touch Attack: [roll0]
Strength Check: [roll1]
Will drop the weapon is he fails.

DrakebloodIV
2009-02-20, 05:49 AM
Str check[roll0]

DrakebloodIV
2009-02-20, 05:51 AM
Get up (Move action, AoO)
Attack [roll0]

DeafnotDumb
2009-02-20, 05:55 AM
The Orc woke up not knowing who he was.

He knew that he was Ungar, an Orc. He Knew that he was green-skinned, red-eyed and had fangs in his mouth. He knew that these features tended to make non-orcs uncomfortable. He knew that he carried a box of snuff around with him, and enjoyed use of it from time to time. He knew that to best use his greatsword, he should place his weight on the same foot he was swinging with and push his body into the swing, instead of drawing the sword back. But who was he, really? What was his history? What were his memories, the things that made him him?

Laying there, a thought struck the Orc. This was actually quite interesting. A real experiment, not a thought experiment, of how memories defined a person. If he could find out from someone what he'd been like before this, then it would be interesting to see how his memories had defined him...

The Orc smiled at that thought. That was like him. It seemed that some aspects of his personality, whatever that might have been, had survived loss of memory.

The practical side of the Orc supplied the thought that he should start taking more notice of his surroundings and the fact that there was a fight going on in front of him.. Looking with his eyes properly for the first time, the Orc noticed that something important was missing. He couldn't tell why it was important, but he felt the loss like an arm.

Ungar rose quickly and looked around, factorizing everything into either 'hostile', 'non-hostile' or 'currently non-hostile'. He paused for a moment, reflecting that his skills and routines, too, were apparently intact before he noticed the corpse with his sword struck into it. Ungar looked at the corpse, unable to think until some other part of his mind took command. The Orc knelt down to the corpse, checking for signs of life out of habit and then taking his sword out of the corpse gently as possible. With that in his hand, the Orc felt somehow... complete, more like himself again. Now to turn his attention to more immediate matters.

He faced the combat, expression unreadable, and carefully shifts his position to defend himself from any incoming attackers. The way he holds his weapon is a clear signal that nobody should come near him. He speaks steadily, keeping an eye on the combatants. "Anyone care to tell me what the bloody hell be going on, and whether this is gonna involve me?"

Readied action: Attack (with non-lethal damage) anyone who gets within range of his sword (or moves within his range if they're already in his range).

Tacitus
2009-02-20, 05:58 AM
Onyx

As Adrian tries to rise the warforged lashes out with the flail to keep the man on the ground. Whether or not Adrian rises he will receive another brutal swing from Onyx.

AoO, Touch: [roll0]
Strength: [roll1]
Will drop if he fails.
His actions for the round:
Attack: [roll2] +4 if flail, 6 if slam. Edit: Wooooooowfail.
Damage: [roll3] +2 if flail, 3 if slam.

DrakebloodIV
2009-02-20, 05:59 AM
Come now, Orc, join me in the fight against this dishonorable hunk of metal. He is the last of the assailants you see gathered around us and should I fall will kill me.

Bluff check[roll0]

Tacitus
2009-02-20, 06:03 AM
[Free action to speak!]

"I suggest not lying to the others here. Many saw you attack me first."

DrakebloodIV
2009-02-20, 06:06 AM
Attack [roll0]
Damage [roll1]

DrakebloodIV
2009-02-20, 06:08 AM
Surely though you can understand that this soulless creature deserves naught but that for the threat to disembowel me.

Diplomacy [roll0]

SUPERFAIL!

Adrian comes off as both cruel and rude to those around him for presuming the warforged soulless

Tacitus
2009-02-20, 06:14 AM
Onyx
HP: 21/26 AC: 22 T: 10 FF: 22 DR: 2/Adamantium

With a mechanical growl the warforged stumbles back after the last strike and barks out, "I am merely responding in kind! You insult my intelligence and expect any less?!" He rushes back in low to the ground and attempts to take out his legs again.

More trip attacks!
No actual movement.
Touch Attack: [roll0]
Strength: [roll1]
Again, will drop if he fails.

DrakebloodIV
2009-02-20, 06:19 AM
Str check [roll0]

DeafnotDumb
2009-02-20, 06:19 AM
Ungar looks from the Warforged to Adrian, and shrugs. "Soulless, eh? People have said the same about us Orcs." The Orc's eyes are hard as he speaks to Onyx. "Don't blame you for attacking this bastard here. Ya have my help."

Ungar notices the Warforged's tactics, and moves himself forward into the fray, bringing his sword to bear in front of him, ready to deflect any incoming attacks.

Movement towards Adrian.
Total Defense for this turn- no attacks. Waiting to see if Ungar gets an AoO against Adrian if he trips.
Rolling for initiative: [roll0]

DrakebloodIV
2009-02-20, 06:20 AM
Gets back up (M, AoO)
Attacks [roll0]

DrakebloodIV
2009-02-20, 06:23 AM
You can't help this automaton, you fool, do you see the onyx gems encrusted into its frame? Those gems are a common symbol of necromantic power. This thing is Evil

[roll0] Diplomacy

Tacitus
2009-02-20, 06:26 AM
"Yes, I am the evil one, attempting to subdue you by tripping you to death to prevent you from smashing my skull in."

AoO: Trips!
Attack [roll0] +2 if flanking applies
Str: [roll1]

DeafnotDumb
2009-02-20, 06:28 AM
Ungar grins and shakes his head to himself, a smug smirk appearing on his face. "I be a paladin. I can detect if what you say be true. Want me to try?"

Attack (non-lethal damage):[roll0]
Sense motive: [roll1]

DrakebloodIV
2009-02-20, 06:29 AM
Overcome opposing Str [roll0]
Diplomacy [roll1]
Attack[roll2]

"Seeing as you favor disembowling us 'meatsacks' I would have to say yes"

Tacitus
2009-02-20, 06:35 AM
In attempting to wrap the flail around Adrian's leg it becomes caught and it fails to bring the man down. To keep from losing his balance Onyx releases the weapon and rises up with a wicked uppercut, "I was merely responding to your threats!"

Damage: [roll1]

DrakebloodIV
2009-02-20, 06:40 AM
HP=10

"You pretentious fool, I said in passing to the odd talking warforged that the gems in your gloves could be used to Animate Dead. At no time did I threaten to harm you. Or are you so protective of your family jewels because you don't have the connotation of that phrase? Please, Orc, don't help this violently inclined fool. Only you hold the power to end this.

[roll0] Attack
[roll1] Damage

DrakebloodIV
2009-02-20, 06:41 AM
almost forgot

Diplomacy [roll0]

DeafnotDumb
2009-02-20, 06:42 AM
"Sounds like this be messy, Human, but I think ya got a point. Let me sort this out. " The Orc mutters to himself and pushes out his left hand towards the pair. After a second or two a frown appears on his face. "What in the Netherhells?"

Attempt to cast Dectect Evil, failed

EDIT: Editing for simulpost

Tacitus
2009-02-20, 06:55 AM
His fist shoots straight up, pulling blood away from Adrian with the force. The arm stays for only a moment before it falls with all its force down on Adrian's skull... and misses terribly, "Why yes, you've noticed that I am an androgynous construct. Calm down you brain addled berk!"

[roll0]
[roll1]

DrakebloodIV
2009-02-20, 07:00 AM
HP=10
"So you admit that fist is compensating for something"

Adrian feels empowered by his verbal besting of his opponent and swings into the ribs with his hammer. The hammer rattles the adamante plating, but dosen't put a scratch in the innards below

[roll0] Attack roll (no flanking bonus due to MoH, still providing flanking though)
[roll1] Damage roll

Tacitus
2009-02-20, 07:05 AM
The warforged lets out a metallic laugh, "If I were interested in perversion I am sure there are attachments to shame you meatsacks. Are you done insulting me yet?" His fist draws back and surges forward in an arc towards Adrian's kidneys.

[roll0]
[roll1]

DeafnotDumb
2009-02-20, 07:06 AM
"Gonna have to rely on my judgment here."Ungar is still for a split second before leaning his weight onto the other foot and thrusting his sword at the Warforged. "While we're talking about our family jewels, I'd like to say that my sword is much bigger than your sword."

Damage:[roll1]

DrakebloodIV
2009-02-20, 07:10 AM
"Speaking of which, why do you bear such a large sword. I've heard some.... impressive tales... about Orcs weaponry. They say thats why half orcs come around. What orcs lack in the attic, they make up for in the basement."

[roll0]Perform (humor) (not really)
[roll1]Attack
[roll2]Damage

Tacitus
2009-02-20, 07:15 AM
The onslaught continues, "Are you mentally damaged?"

[roll0]
[roll1]

DrakebloodIV
2009-02-20, 08:18 AM
"Not as much as you'll be physically damaged"

Attack [roll0]
Damage [roll1]

Syka
2009-02-20, 11:52 AM
Keir

Keir was going to step towards Adrian to see if she could be of any help, despite her distinct feelings that she'd have no idea what was going on, when a flurry of words are traded between him and the Warforged.

As the battle of words turns to a battle of weapons, and the orc joins in, Keir's eyes widen. This wasn't exactly what she expected upon waking up.

"Hey...Hey!...HEY!" Keir is trying to get them to stop beating each other up and actually get them to talk. No one else seemed to have any more of an idea why they were there and it was useless to fight each other until they figured out what was going on and, more importantly, how to get to wherever they actually had a chance of surviving.

((Sorry Highwarlord. >< She was mostly just curious about poking around the body. I'm a dunce sometimes, remind me not to post after midnight.))

Sense Motive for drake's diplomacy check: [roll0]
Do I have to roll anything else, and is that even necessary, since she saw everything from the beginning and that Onyx didn't actually do anything to threaten Adrian until Adrian made the first threat?

Dreamshifter
2009-02-20, 05:25 PM
Asura

Watching impassively as the pair square off, Asura comments to the woman next to him "So much harshness. Maybe a fight will make them feel better?"

But as the fight goes on, and Orc joins in, he starts to worry that someone will end up dead (or at least dismantled). "Ok, guys. That's enough. Save the killing and anatomy lessons for later on, please? See, I'd rather get out of here, wherever here is, and get back to my normal life, whatever that was, than die here. And all this fighting, well, it's not helping, you dig? Besides, I seem to be without a waterskin, so I need to check out that well, and all this harshness is disrupting my focus."

Syka
2009-02-20, 05:59 PM
Keir

As the elf talks, Keir keeps her eyes on the scuffle but listens to him. When he mentions being in need of a waterskin, she unhooks her's from her belt and hands it over- still watching those fighting.

"Here you go." Keir begins to shift back and forth on her feet, the confrontation making her uneasy and a bit fretful "I hope they don't hurt each other too bad. This can't end good... Remembering her manners, she adds, "My name is Keir by the way...I think...That sounds right, anyway..."

Dreamshifter
2009-02-20, 06:32 PM
Asura is actually the human in flamboyant robes, not the elf.

Quickly taking a swig from the offered waterskin, Asura grins and says "Ahh, much better. I feel like I haven't had a drink for a week!" and returns the borrowed water. After a moment's thought, he adds "Which, I guess isn't impossible, however unlikely. And I am Asura Demos, at your service."

A strange expression crosses his face as he says his name. "Or, at least that's what I remember it being. Which given how little else I recall, might be a false memory implanted by whatever magic brought us here. Man, I hate harsh trips that mess with reality. Though, usually when I forget who I am, everyone else still knows who they are, so maybe it is magic..." His thought train, seemingly derailed for the moment, drifts back to the fight, but with little more to add on that subject, he watches in silence.

Rising Phoenix
2009-02-20, 07:52 PM
OOC: Glad to see that the vast majority of the posts were a skirmish

Firae:

The elf's mismatched eyes extend in shock, wonder and surprise. Such power, such magnificence, he doesn't remember feeling anything like that... But the absence of life soon is soon noticed and he calms down... He hasn't noticed or is totally ignoring the skirmish between the construct and the other humanoid.

"Fascinating!" he says excited Most fascinating... A plane composed entirely out of magic... but why use the power unlife to do so?... Life is a precious commodity why bar it? Perhaps this is a gods game right here... perhaps..." his eyes falls onto the body of the man and he instantly forgets his train of thought...

"Well at least there's evidence of some life here... It is highly improbable that this man sew himself mute... This is probably the work of a cult... but why here? What are they doing here?..."

The sound of combat finally reaches his ears and he turns to observe those participating. The sight of the golem like creature does not surprise him for some reason...

"That is a fast way to terminate ones existence" Says the elf to either of the contestants "And you are also making yourselves vulnerable in a foreign environment. Your conflict could attract others then those here present too and that may endanger me as well. So I must object to your conflict... You can settle it later in a more appropriate environment."

DeafnotDumb
2009-02-21, 05:37 AM
"Or, at least that's what I remember it being. Which given how little else I recall, might be a false memory implanted by whatever magic brought us here. Man, I hate harsh trips that mess with reality. Though, usually when I forget who I am, everyone else still knows who they are, so maybe it is magic..."

Ungar pauses for a moment, having heard this latest statement. "hey, that be interesting. Possible that I may not be me but some sort of false personality. But, if that be true, what is-"

The Orc realized that he was musing in the middle of a fight and hastily pushed himself into a defensive position, speaking to Onyx and Adrian. "Either of ya two willing to stop this and give us a bit of rest? It looks like this ain't helping us, so be peaceful or I'll fight ya both." The Orc pauses, and shrugs. "It's how I work best."

Full defense

Waspinator
2009-02-21, 05:51 AM
Warden:

"I must agree with the elf. You should stop this pointless combat, at least for now. We would do best to determine more of the circumstances of how we came to this place and what exactly it is first."

Warden steps towards the combatants and attempts to break up the fight by moving between them.

Using Total Defense for myself and using Iron Guard's Glare to give -4 on attack rolls against Onyx

Tacitus
2009-02-21, 04:53 PM
Onyx
HP: 14/26 AC: 22 T: 10 FF: 22 (+4) DR: 2/Adamantium

The darker warforged also puts up his defenses, "I've been trying to keep this cutter off me while the rest of you have been staring for the past two minutes! What do you think?"

Full Defense

DrakebloodIV
2009-02-22, 09:15 AM
Adrian takes several steps back and grins ironically. His loathing for the metal man is provoked to its greatest extent by these statements. He takes several steps back while glaring Onyx in the eye.

"How foolish of you, tin man, to accuse me of being the antagonist in this situation. You yourself said we should ask the audience weather this fight should have gone on and by the looks of things I'd say they think we're equally at fault. Had any but my friend here taken a side their allegiance might be more visible."

Reaching the end of his retreat, Adrian raises his warhammar to eye level, lining up a shot in case any more should choose to strike him.

OOC

Move back 20 feet
Readied action, attack with warhammar should anyone get within range.

Tacitus
2009-02-23, 09:40 PM
Onyx
HP: 25/26

The warforged touches a hand to his belt and intones a mechanical chime. One of the three onyx gems falls dark as the dents in his armor fade away, "I said no such thing. Besides, the majority seem to think it was pointless, not that we are equally at fault. Start this again and next time I won't be so forgiving." He retrieves his flail and looks to the others, "So what do you all propose to do as opposed to standing here staring at the bloodied psycho and his assault victim?"

Syka
2009-02-23, 11:19 PM
Keir

With the fight ended, Keir glances toward the dead bodies. She shakes her head slightly, and reminds herself that that is not the best course of action. Her first concern should be making sure she's able to survive. Keir opens her pack and searches through,

"I've got some food in here,but not much, and a bit of water left in my waterskin. Why not check the well to see if the water is drinkable and head toward that tree. It's the only other landmark around here...

Dreamshifter
2009-02-23, 11:55 PM
Asura

Asura nods. "Food and water come first, since most of us will need it to survive. After that, some shade would be nice. Who knows what sunrise is like here, if there is one. But first, the well. Anyone want to go down and check it out? I would, but it would further ruin my outfit..." He looks sorrowfully down at his slashed outfit.

Tacitus
2009-02-24, 12:21 AM
Onyx

The warforged glances over to the well and then back to those assembled, "It would appear that I have some higher quality rope that we could knot and tie off if someone would like to investigate the well." His massive fist moves as if to produce said rope from his waist but the compartment he opens instead produces a small fuzzball which unfurls into a badger, which scurries around.

[roll0]

01-30 Bat
31-60 Rat
61-75 Cat
76-90 Weasel
91-100 Badger

Badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger badger

DrakebloodIV
2009-02-24, 12:24 AM
"I confess I lack food and water, for any heavier and both my mount and I would be greatly burdened. However, I would guess that that well produces water which, if not potable would at least be boil-able with fire from that tree. If need be, those of us which require sustenance can eat from these corpses as well, a job for which I volunteer my lion. If he is able to eat, I assume he'd have the least moral, and dietary, objections to eating a cadaver. My biggest worry is that there is something in that well, as this featureless plain would allow us to see assailants from any other direction. Would one of you so lucky as to be gifted with the lack of the need to breathe be kind enough to explore down there?"

DrakebloodIV
2009-02-24, 12:34 AM
After removing his helmet again and donning his goggles, Adrian looks again at one of the warforged, peering towards the runes that line his peripheral vision as he does so. He focuses on one recurring rune and sketches it out on the dirt with his lance. He makes sure to get the angles and widths of each rune exactly right and erases the rune if it looks even slightly aberrant. He then peers for sequences in the runes, hoping to find a continued pattern he can etch out. As he finds recurring chains of symbols, he carves them out in the dirt with as much detail as possible, establishing to the best of his abilities a manuscript of the writings in his sight.

OOC

Taking 20 on a check to write down the information on the goggles.

Waspinator
2009-02-24, 03:01 AM
"I too am curious about the tree and would like to proceed towards it once you all are finished investigating this vicinity."

Tacitus
2009-02-24, 03:05 AM
Onyx

The darker mechanical man begins silently unspooling long lengths of the finest silk rope so that he can begin tying knots in it at equal intervals. It will be this rope that he intends to climb back up as he'll probably be the one heading down the well.

Taking 10 to tie the knots in the rope.

Rising Phoenix
2009-02-24, 04:25 AM
Firae:

The mention of food and water reminds him how dry his throat is and how his stomach grumbled.

"I agree with the consensus that acquisition of food and water is of vital importance right now..." *Approaches Onyx*

"Shall I illuminate the way for you?" (OOC: i.e. his offering to cast light spell (20 minute duration). If onyx wants it, tell Firae where to cast it).

As I too have interest in that strange floral specimen. I too shall accompany anyone heading in its direction... once I've had a drink of water and, if circumstance allows it, some food."

Highwarlord
2009-02-24, 12:57 PM
drake - The symbols move just too quickly for you to take as much care as you would like in their reading.
//OOC: You can take 20 on the Dex check, but still need to roll for the Int check

DrakebloodIV
2009-02-24, 04:51 PM
A bead of sweat rolls down Adrians brow as he attempts to etch the runes he glimpses into the sand. His eyes are strained with concentration and his hand wavers slightly as he performs the last bits of the etching.

(OOC-Int check [roll0])

Syka
2009-02-24, 11:11 PM
Keir

"Some of us should go to the tree while the others examine the well. It'll save us time and we can meet back here, since it's the only visible source of water. So...you (she points at Firae) and...you (pointing at the other warforged, Warden) wanted to come. Was there anyone else?"

When she realizes that the two who originally had the confrontation would still be at the well together, she also points at Adrian, "Would you mind coming as well? We could hardly have too much strength to help carry back some firewood."

DrakebloodIV
2009-02-24, 11:59 PM
"I'm a bit buisy at the moment"

Rising Phoenix
2009-02-25, 03:38 AM
Firae:

"I guess that my thirst will have to wait as I am way to curious for my own good..." a slight smile makes its way across the stunted elves pied face. "Could I know your title...I mean your name if it pleases you? I am Firae Filuhar..." he tentatively extends a black and white hand not sure if his doing the right thing

OOC: Where is my familiar? XD. Firae has joined the 'expedition' to the tree. Should we get another thread to avoid confusion??

DeafnotDumb
2009-02-25, 12:49 PM
Ungar rolls his eyes at Keir and puts his sword back into it's sheath. The speed and ease with which he does the action betrays the familiarity he has with it. "Ya want some strength, why not ask the bloody Orc? I be glad to help. It be my job, after all- notto mention I want to get away from the two fellow sociopaths who were knocking the sense out of each other. I know I've already said this, but most of you where probably focused on the big bloody battle going on in front of you, so my name be Ungar."

Syka
2009-02-25, 01:00 PM
Keir

Keir takes the elf's hand to shake it, "I'm Keir. I don't remember a surname so...I'll just go with that for now.

"My apologies, Ungar. I meant no offense." She nods apologeticalyl to the orc. She can't help but think they might end up with one less companion in this desolate waste if they leave Onyx and Adrian together. But such is life.

Maybe if we start the posts like "Name- Location" it would help keep everything straight?

Highwarlord
2009-02-25, 03:28 PM
The tree is within shouting distance (60 yards). You don't need another thread :smallwink:

Tacitus
2009-02-25, 07:24 PM
Onyx

Onyx gathers up his knotted rope and heads over by the well to examine it in greater detail. After a few moments he glances to the badger running around and a thought pulls at his mind, crawling up the base of his skull. He reaches out towards the animal and gestures towards the well, "In!" The badger waddles over and hops into the well.

Highwarlord
2009-02-25, 08:05 PM
The badger drops into the well. After a little over a second, you hear a splash as the badger hits the water. You hear the creature paddling about in the water beneath you. The paddling of the creature grows more silent as though it is moving away, and after a short time it goes quiet.

Waspinator
2009-02-25, 08:07 PM
"Shall we?

Allowing the investigation of the well to continue without him, Warden begins walking towards the tree.

Tacitus
2009-02-25, 08:48 PM
Onyx

The warforged stares down into the well, listening hard for several long moments to see if he can hear anything else. He turns to the others, "The well ate my badger."

DrakebloodIV
2009-02-25, 11:28 PM
"I'm pretty positive that this well has an allergy to metal. It would be advisable for you to go down."

Rising Phoenix
2009-02-26, 12:26 AM
Firae

Firae tentatively shakes Keir's hand "How odd, Is it that we all know part of our titles but nothing of our past?"

Firae at Onyx

"It is highly improbable that the well ate the badger. As a non living entity it has no need for nourishment, more like it drowned or found dry land. I also disagree that water can have allergies for it is yet another non living entity. It is far more likely to erode your frame then aid you."

Syka
2009-02-26, 12:44 AM
Keir

"Strange, but then...so is this place.

"Let's see what there is to see about the lone plant, and then we'll hurry up to see if the well does have an appetite or not."

Keir jogs to catch up with the warforged, "And what's your name? I missed it in all of the commotion."

Tacitus
2009-02-26, 01:54 AM
Onyx

Having plenty of time and sufficient rope the mechanical man takes his time securing the rope. He loops one end around the well and ties it off to create a sort of friction hold that almost resembles a noose. He then secures the rope to that which the stone bowl is secured to in order to double check his efficiency. He turns to the others again, "Would anyone like me to take a waterskin or other container to bring back some water while I am down there?"

Taking twenty to secure the rope

DeafnotDumb
2009-02-26, 07:49 AM
Ungar shrugs towards Keir. "No offense be taken. Shall we go?"

As Ungar walks with the group, his hands search the backpack he has and come out with a small ornate box. The Orc grins widely. "Hah! Snuff." Ungar proffers the box to the group at large. "Want to try some? Clears the lungs mighty well."

Dreamshifter
2009-02-27, 03:52 AM
Asura

After doing a quick check of his bad, Asura shrugs. "Man, I don't even have a bag to give you! Wish I did, it'd be nice to have lots of water handy. Never know when someone will need a cold shower." He does not look at anyone in particular while saying that.

Apparently done talking for the moment, he stands next to the well, very near the rope, and leans back against the stones that make up the well, looking all casual, but clearly protecting the rope in case anyone gets any silly ideas.

Waspinator
2009-02-27, 01:26 PM
"Keir, is it? My designation is Warden. I am pleased to meet you."

Syka
2009-02-27, 11:52 PM
Keir

The young woman sniffs at the snuff, before wrinkling her nose some, "My apologies, but I don't think snuff was one of my past times before.

"Before you guys do anything drastic with the tree, I want to check it out. Anything that's out here alive is probably special...I don't know why I didn't take a closer look at the well, either.

"(muttered) Probably had something to do with the fight."

Tacitus
2009-02-28, 12:09 AM
Onyx

With plenty of rope left over outside the well the warforged is confident that someone should be able to catch it in case his slipshod attempt does not hold. There is a long slow mechanical whine from his joints as he clambers over the wall of the well and begins lowering himself down the knotted rope.

Taking Ten to climb down the rope.

A knotted rope with a wall to brace against should be a DC of zero. So even if I were to roll and roll a 1 I'd hit a DC 0.

DrakebloodIV
2009-02-28, 12:30 AM
Adrian begins removing his armor, preparing to assist the warforged if need be.

Highwarlord
2009-02-28, 12:57 AM
Onyx -
As you lower yourself into the well, you notice that aside from some dead insects lying on the surface of the well, the water looks clean. It seems to have some sort of gentle current moving in the direction roughly opposite of the direction from the well to the tree.

Rising Phoenix
2009-02-28, 08:29 PM
Firae at 'tree explorers'

"Shall we get going then?"

Firae @ Keir

"I agree with your line of thought Miss Keir. Thoughtless destruction didn't benefit anyone in the long run in any case.

Tacitus
2009-02-28, 08:46 PM
Onyx

Having nothing that will truly be damaged by water he continued moving lower into the well to investigate the flow of water.

Highwarlord
2009-03-01, 02:44 AM
Onyx -
The water flows gently past you as you enter it. As you go deeper down into the well, you notice that the water further below is a cloudy grey and is far less pure than that which can be drawn from the surface. Deeper still, you eventually come to the bottom of the well. The water seems nearly opaque near your feet, but you can nonetheless see the skeletons of fish and other small animals gently drifting downstream. There appears to be an endless torrent of these corpses. The water flows downstream through a chute near the bottom of the well, but the entryway from which the water flows is a mere thirty feet below the surface - a fairly steep climb for you from where you now stand.

Tacitus
2009-03-01, 03:19 AM
Onyx

The warforged does not relinquish his hold on the rope but allows his weight to hold him steady as he investigates the outlet. He stuffs a random corpse in his pack. He will then climb back out of the well, noting the apparent speed of the water through the well. Once out of the well (unless interrupted) he will turn to the nearest fleshbag, "The well seems to be a tap for some sort of underground river. The flow seems to be steady, flowing in that general direction." He points away from the tree before continuing, "There are a fair number of dead things in the well and the number of corpses seems endless. Below a certain level the water seems to be heavily tainted, likely by sediments." He produces the random corpse he acquired.

DrakebloodIV
2009-03-01, 07:24 AM
"You may want to give that to Keir, the necromantress, she seems interested in that sort of thing"..."Also, those corpses are probably flowing from upstream if the tap you described is powerful enough to make them move at all"

Syka
2009-03-02, 10:50 PM
Keir

Once the mini-party reaches the mangled tree, Keir would walk around it, looking for anything out of the ordinary. She's curious if there is anything particularly special, since this is the only plant life around, and the words come unbidden to her mouth and her hands move without her conscious control.

Search:[roll0]

Also, casting Detect Magic.

ETA: Haha, I'm expecting "You see a mangled tree" in response to that ridiculously low Search check. Heh.

Highwarlord
2009-03-03, 06:37 PM
Keir - Upon casting your divination spell, you are overwhelmed by the flow of magic around you. The entire landscape glows with powerful necromancy and evocation, the well gives off an equally potent glow of abjuration magic, and the sky itself seems to give off swirls of evocation and necromancy. In this overwhelming flood of magical energy, you are unable to discern any specific magic or lack thereof emanating from the tree.

As for your physical search, you can detect that the tree is well and truly dead and covered by a fine layer of ash, but aside from that you find nothing of interest.

Waspinator
2009-03-03, 11:10 PM
Warden also wanders around the tree, searching for anything of interest.

Search: [roll0]

Syka
2009-03-03, 11:34 PM
Keir

Immediately after Keir casts her spell, she stumbles against the tree and lowers herself to the ground, using the dead trunk as support.

"Remind me not to do that agian...", she mutters. She gathers herself and wills the swirling magic away so she sees the land as it appeared before, in it's unnausea inducing form. "Well, it would appear that this entire place is made of magic so...I can't tell anything about the tree. If any of you are able to cast spells, don't look for magic."

She stands back to wait for the others to do what they will and decide what to do with the dead wood.

Rising Phoenix
2009-03-04, 03:36 AM
Firae

Walks around the tree while passing his hand softly over the bark...

"I wonder what caused its death" Says Firae rubbing the ash with his fingers and thinking

Checks:

Search [roll0](Also search for any tracks etc around the tree.
Knowledge Nature [roll1]
Heal [roll2]

@ Keir:

Seeing the expression on her face Firae smiles "I felt that too. Fascinating isn't it?"

Highwarlord
2009-03-05, 11:07 PM
The tree seems to have died suddenly, but there are no markings of blade or other unnatural mutilation. The tree is covered in a fine layer of ash, but the body of the tree seems to be unburnt. The tree is unusual in that there is nothing unusual about it - it appears to be as dead as the land around it with nothing about that would have caused it.

Waspinator
2009-03-06, 12:54 AM
"Well, this seems to have been without purpose. Shall we head back to the others?"

Rising Phoenix
2009-03-06, 03:58 AM
Firae:

"Bizarre, but there must be a reason for its sudden death..." Says the elf with a frustrated face"Let us hope we won't have to resort to cannibalism to escape this... nightmare. I concur that we should return, perhaps the others have discovered something new."

DeafnotDumb
2009-03-06, 11:42 AM
Ungar shrugs. As far as he could tell, it was a tree. "Meybe we should cut it down. Make it firewood or something.

Syka
2009-03-06, 07:13 PM
Keir

She shifts from foot to foot, "We could. Do we need it as yet? We may want to leave it until we need it." The truth is, after the magical overload her spell gave her, she wasn't sure using or consuming anything of this land would be smart unless it's absolutely necessary.

DrakebloodIV
2009-03-08, 02:59 AM
Adrian, growing bored of standing round a rotten well, begins walking toward the tree. "Oy! Any luck around here?"

Rising Phoenix
2009-03-10, 12:32 AM
Firae

Alas no. The tree appears to have had its life flow cut suddenly and the ash covered it in time... Did you discover anything interesting in the well?

Tacitus
2009-03-10, 12:46 AM
Onyx

The darker warforged is crouched by the well inspecting the corpse he dragged to the surface. He has his scalpel out and is slicing off sections of any remaining flesh for reasons he cannot fully explain.

Waspinator
2009-03-10, 02:42 AM
"On second thought, I believe I will attempt to provoke a response from this entity."

Warden draws his sword and takes a swing at the tree to see if anything happens in response.

1d8+4

Waspinator
2009-03-10, 02:43 AM
Bah. Screwed up a bracket on the roll and it won't let me redo it.
[roll0]

Highwarlord
2009-03-10, 03:52 PM
Warden's blade cuts into the tree, but aside from a slight gouge, there is little apparent difference.

The tiny fish corpse has little flesh to dissect, but that little which Onyx cuts off appears to grotesque. The term 'burnt' seems wrong, as the flesh does not seem to be scoured by any natural flame, but it is the closest idea that the warforged can find to describe it.

DeafnotDumb
2009-03-10, 05:14 PM
Ungar looks at the tree and sighs with good humor. "There be an Orc here, with a bloody great big sword the size of a small human. Let him chop down the blasted tree."

Stepping forward, the Orc brings his sword behind him, ready to swing and giving his companions apt warning of what he is about to do, and takes a deep breath, letting it out as he arcs the sword towards the tree's trunk.

[roll0]

Highwarlord
2009-03-11, 03:27 PM
The tree shudders under the force of the blow and a cloud of ash flies off. Splinters come flying back as a deep gouge is made into the tree.
If you guys just want to finish hacking it up, I'm fine with that - you don't need to roll for damage every time.

Syka
2009-03-24, 11:58 AM
Keir

Once the tree is successfully felled, she helps carry the wood back to the fire place. She places it near by the well, and asks, "Has there been any discoveries? All I found is that this world IS magic, from what I can tell, not just full of it."

DrakebloodIV
2009-03-26, 02:27 AM
As the others work on hauling wood, Adrian gives more focus to the two strangers corpses. He walks first towards the one with the javlen. He checks the body thouroughly for all signs of life. He works around the joints to check for rigor mortis, opens an eye to check for pupil dialation, he even goes so far as to slit open a vein and check for abnormalities in the blood. He then strips the body of all posessions, patting each object down for lumps or ridges. After thuroughly searching through the clothing, he performs a body cavity search. He takes his hammer and carefully breaks the jaw of the man, ripping open a gap to see to the inside of the mouth. Having finished searching the body, he takes the javlen and weighs it in his hand before tossing it at a clod of dirt. He moves on to the other corpse and performs the same search, this time focusing on the eyes to see if the goggles had any affect on them. He then puts on the goggles again, hoping to see the three orbs...

OOC

Take 20 on Heal checks to descern the time and cause of death for both corpses. Also take 20 on Search checks. Observes spear guys mouth and goggle guys eyes.

Waspinator
2009-03-28, 10:22 PM
"Perhaps we should try to find a settlement. We could pick a direction and search for other people who might have more answers than us."

DrakebloodIV
2009-03-28, 10:51 PM
As he works, Adrian speaks:

"If we were able to heal my lion, I would be able to scout. Otherwise, I think that going very far will be suicide. We don't have enough water to go that far."

Highwarlord
2009-03-29, 08:35 PM
Adrian
//Roll an attack roll to see if you can hit the ground.
At first glance, the bodies appear to have been dead for a very long time. Upon further inspection, you discover that the flesh of the nearer corpse is entirely hairless and coated in some sort of preservative balm. You can determine little from the being's eyes. Cutting open the vein reveals that there has been no normal blood flow in this creature for a very long time.
Once you remove the robe of the creature, you notice stitch marks running down his chest, some of which seem to have given way in the combat preceding his death. Through the open folds, the beings interior seems an odd white, but you can see little else without further dissection.
Aside from the javelin, you uncover a small, sealed wooden box from the robes of the creature. Additionally, once his mouth is shattered you find a sealed wax cube inside the creature's mouth.

The second being is apparently quite similar to the first. However, the flesh around the eyes appears slightly reddened, as though from constant pressure. The stitches across this creature's chest have been torn open entirely as though mauled by a creature (indeed, you are almost certain they were caused by your lion) and within the chest cavity, you notice a disturbing lack of organs. This creature's chest instead seems to be filled with wax. His mouth, too, contains a sealed wax cube and his robes yield a similar small, sealed box. Additionally, you find two unimpressive looking throwing knives within the sleeves of this being's robe.

DrakebloodIV
2009-03-30, 06:08 AM
[roll0] Attack roll with Javlin
[roll1] Attack roll with a throwing knife

After finishing his initial search, Adrian lifts one of the throwing knives. He weights it in his hand and lets fly, aiming for roughly ten feet from the javlen. He then begins a more in depth dissection of one of the bodies. He lays the wax cubes and boxes aside and chooses the second being for the dissection. He takes one of his newly found throwing knives and prepares it for cutting some of the stitching that remains intact on the body. he reaches into the corpse and grabs the edges of the wax inside. Gradually, he lifts the wax object out of the torso. He then turns his attention back to the wax cubes. He takes one of them and slits it in half down the center. He opens it up with his fingers at the edges, trying to avoid spilling any fluid that might be inside on himself.

Highwarlord
2009-03-30, 05:47 PM
The javelin and dagger both hit the ground solidly, embedding themselves in the lifeless dirt of the wasteland.

The wax seems to have been filler of some sort, as no discernable organs fill the creature's empty ribcage. The flesh slumps inwards in a disgusting fashion as the pseudo-organs are removed.
The knife hits something hard halfway through the incision into the wax cube. Upon cutting away enough of the wax, you can see that the wax making up the cube was wrapped around a black opal.

Waspinator
2009-04-07, 01:07 AM
"Interesting. Is that normal for such creatures?"

DrakebloodIV
2009-04-07, 05:30 PM
"No humanoid I know of has wax organs, yet they also seem to bleed. I wonder if the wax is some component in making them into a golem."

Waspinator
2009-04-13, 01:07 AM
"Hmm.. then someone might have been trying to make creatures like us..."

DrakebloodIV
2009-04-13, 05:07 PM
"But maybe it was some sort of spell, as these wax objects look similar to organs"

Waspinator
2009-04-19, 02:53 AM
"Then it's hard to tell what these things are. They don't seem to have any answers as to how we got here, though. Do you have any ideas as to what we should do?"