PDA

View Full Version : It's not a relevent question anymore but I am still curious.

Scion_of_Darkness
2009-02-12, 06:06 AM
Hey everyone. Remember when Haley had that speech impediment? You know, all the cryptograms? Was there something preventing her from writing down what she wanted to say? Just a thought that occurred to me.

awibs
2009-02-12, 06:08 AM
My offhand guess is that she would've had results somewhat like severe dyslexia, to stay in tune with plot necessity.

Optimystik
2009-02-12, 03:39 PM
We know she's good at Forgery (OtOoPCs) so there's always the chance that she could've "fooled herself" and overcome dyslexia, just as a rogue with UMD can "fool himself" concerning the forces of magic.

tom712
2009-02-12, 05:52 PM
Hey everyone. Remember when Haley had that speech impediment? You know, all the cryptograms? Was there something preventing her from writing down what she wanted to say? Just a thought that occurred to me.
Well, yes there was :smallsmile:
It was the plot preventing her from even trying.

Deckmaster
2009-02-12, 07:28 PM
I thought she tried writing once and it was in cryptograms just like her talking.

Prak
2009-02-12, 07:43 PM
We know she's good at Forgery (OtOoPCs) so there's always the chance that she could've "fooled herself" and overcome dyslexia, just as a rogue with UMD can "fool himself" concerning the forces of magic.

UMD isn't fooling himself, it's not even fooling the item. It's using your raw personal power and force of personality to convince the item to work for you.

I thought she tried writing once and it was in cryptograms just like her talking.

I believe this did happen.

Salty
2009-02-12, 07:53 PM

I do not remember this. Can you link to the page? Thanks.

Kroy
2009-02-12, 08:00 PM

I don't remember that...

Assassin89
2009-02-12, 08:13 PM
I can only factor a guess that what Deckmaster described occurred in either No Cure For the Paladin Blues or Wars and XPs, meaning the it did not occur within the online comic.

Silverraptor
2009-02-12, 08:15 PM
I can only factor a guess that what Deckmaster described occurred in either No Cure For the Paladin Blues or Wars and XPs, meaning the it did not occur within the online comic.

No I have the books and I don't see it in the bonus comics.

David Argall
2009-02-12, 08:23 PM
It would either not work, or nobody thought of it. See FAQ, the PCs are not allowed to have any great ideas that would get them out of their troubles.