PDA

View Full Version : Umbrella Institute - X-men in Canada!

Bluelantern
2009-02-14, 05:02 PM
A friend is creating a RPG setting for super-heroes with several parody/homenages to existing heroes.

I am helping to create the "x-men" of the setting (called men+ or +men)

Here is the changes

The school is called Umbrella Institute, it has not only mutants but other super-powered humans too. The school was actually created as a place to train and "hide" Jane the Phoenix-Girl by Director X, Magnus and the Shiar.

Director X and Magus (Xavier and Magneto counterpart) are a gay couple . Director X has mediunic powers to comunicate with spirits and Magus is a Space/Dimension controller
Cyclops is the adopted child of Director X, his powers are to grow to gigantic size, he lost a eye in a school fight and got his name from it.
Jane Grayson (Jean Grey couterpart), a spoiled Cheerleader who is the avatar of a cosmic force, is a powerfull pirokinetic and energy manipulator. Her father is Indiana Jones... ops, I mean he is Dr.David Grayson and is a world famous archeologist.
Bob Frost and Emma Frost, two teenager siblings who lost they parents in a car acident. Bob is the "Iceboy" and can turn in to ice and reshape himself, Emma can turn in to diamond-like organic cristal.
The Beast, a teenager with great physical traits and is considered a "animal" in sports.
Angel, a almost 100 year old mutant who still looks like a 14 year old boy. Has a healing powers that heals him and everyone near, was imprisioned and used a healing source for decades. Hates the fact that his powers make him harmless and look so "angelic".
Prof. Macoy, A "mad scientist" that got gorila-like atributes because of a gamma radiation accident
Jubilee, a annoying otaku catgirl with sparkly powers, is 12 and what she lacks in age she has in fangirlism. She lives in a superhero school and dreams with going to hogwarts. Also, she likes twilight.
Maggot, another 12 years old boy that is fan of pokemon and has a "Slugs" in the place of his digestive system. The only person to tolerate Jubilee. Puts pikachu ears in his Slugs
Nico Stranger, a teacher/psycologist with a magical wand with great power, but that can only produce a single spell at the time.
Madox, a male cheerleader with the power multiplication. Officially he is regirested as tripplet because he manifested his powers in the womb, later he merged back to a single one again, making everyone think that his "brothers" had dissapeared.
The Shiar Blue-skinned humanoids, they are responsable for the creation of the Inhumans, Shiar/Humans hybrids with powers. The Phoenix is essencially they god/goddess and ruler.

edit:

Forget to mention the Institute is located in Vancouver Island and is pretty isolated, is kinda like a small village, with houses (some parents decided to live near the students) and stores.

Shalizar
2009-02-14, 08:13 PM
My thoughts on this.

First of all, very funny. My father has given me comic books, mostly showed me his old ones, so I find this very amusing to read.

Second, change the Beast to Killer and have Killer be a girl who is very short. I only say this because it reminds me of one of my sisters friends who was very short, around 5'2" I think, and she is incredable at soccer, she got her nickname by being a "killer" on the soccer feild, so I thought that would give a bit more humor beyond just an inside joke I know.

Third, changing Jubilee into a Cat Girl Otaku, is original. I like it, it moves her "spunky" nature into a new generation and she keeps her annoying nature that everyone hates.

Only one thing I dont like about it, Nico Stranger, she doesnt seem like a mutant over, well from what you have told I see a picture of a "sexy" teacher in a wizards hat with a wand in her hand, possibly holding it suggestivly. I dont know, I am not a fan of this character. Again thats just what I am assuming it is like, I am not the creativity police and you dont even have to pay attention to anything I say, but so far I like it.

Bluelantern
2009-02-14, 10:20 PM
My thoughts on this.

First of all, very funny. My father has given me comic books, mostly showed me his old ones, so I find this very amusing to read.
It is fun to do it too ^^

Second, change the Beast to Killer and have Killer be a girl who is very short. I only say this because it reminds me of one of my sisters friends who was very short, around 5'2" I think, and she is incredable at soccer, she got her nickname by being a "killer" on the soccer feild, so I thought that would give a bit more humor beyond just an inside joke I know.
LoL. Funny thing, see I amd my friend are brazilians and this was originally written and made in portuguese, the reason why "beast" become a sport joke was because the translation for beast was "Fera" that can also be a slang used for someone who is really good at something.
I am gonna sugest this to my friend (about him becoming a girl) but I found unlikely that he will be changed now.

Also, to note, the Beast (original) was separated in two characters the teenager good in sports and the mad scientist with blue fur.

Third, changing Jubilee into a Cat Girl Otaku, is original. I like it, it moves her "spunky" nature into a new generation and she keeps her annoying nature that everyone hates.
thanks \o/

Only one thing I dont like about it, Nico Stranger, she doesnt seem like a mutant over, well from what you have told I see a picture of a "sexy" teacher in a wizards hat with a wand in her hand, possibly holding it suggestivly. I dont know, I am not a fan of this character. Again thats just what I am assuming it is like, I am not the creativity police and you dont even have to pay attention to anything I say, but so far I like it.
The school is no longer only for mutants but pretty much any super-human teen (mutants still are the most part of the school population though) and is essencially a "super-hero school", it has several magical-based students. Nico wand was changed to a staff since I posted it (is a major work in progress) and she is not very Hogwarts looking... actually she hates Harry Potter and similar despictions of magic in modern fiction. She also doesn't teach people actual magic rather her job in the Institute is to teach about magic and essencially how to fight it. Stuff like silver bullets, holy water, using salt as demon-barrier and that stuff. She a bit of a combination of Nico from Runaways and Dr.Stranger.

Thanks again for you time reading ^^

charl
2009-02-14, 11:55 PM
Add a librarian who is a short, hairy guy with the power to grow his fingernails to about a foot long. He calls everyone "bub" and orders apple juice in bars, and whenever a student asks for his help with finding a book, he cracks his knuckles and proudly proclaims: "I'm the best at what I do!" and then goes get the book. His alias is "Badger."

Bluelantern
2009-02-15, 09:28 AM
Add a librarian who is a short, hairy guy with the power to grow his fingernails to about a foot long. He calls everyone "bub" and orders apple juice in bars, and whenever a student asks for his help with finding a book, he cracks his knuckles and proudly proclaims: "I'm the best at what I do!" and then goes get the book. His alias is "Badger."

*gets up from the chair*

*lies down in the ground*

*rolls*

*laughs*

loved xD

Darksword
2009-02-15, 10:17 AM
I love it. I have been an X fan since I was merely 7 and have been since then. I still have most of the comics since (the late 80 early 90) I got it them all those years ago. My favorite comics though are defintly alternate universe ones and I realy like these ideas you have. I have a few questions like
A. What system are you using
B is there any possiblity of seeing the statics of these guys
C: what other characters will their be like the foes the Botherhood, APoaclpyse ect

Bluelantern
2009-02-15, 11:17 AM
I love it. I have been an X fan since I was merely 7 and have been since then. I still have most of the comics since (the late 80 early 90) I got it them all those years ago. My favorite comics though are defintly alternate universe ones and I realy like these ideas you have. I have a few questions like
A. What system are you using
B is there any possiblity of seeing the statics of these guys
C: what other characters will their be like the foes the Botherhood, APoaclpyse ect
A) Mutants&Masterminds, is a variation of the d20 system, mostly aimed to super-heroes but very versatile.
B) Actually some guys had been static already, but see, I am brazillian and my friend is too, and the statics are in portuguese, but I will try to see if I can translate it.
C)No plans for neither Brotherhood, since there is no evil-magneto anymore, and Apocalypse, we did already a version for the Hellfire Club that is called "Abyss Club", and is bade on cards rather than chess. Emma and Bob Frost parents are actually members (the King and Queen of Diamonds).