PDA

View Full Version : [Creature] Don't You Know Who I Am?

The Demented One
2006-08-06, 04:58 PM
Oakbred Juggernaut
Size/Type: Huge Fey
Hit Dice: 18d6+90 (147 hp)
Initiative: +2
Speed: 40 ft. (8 squares)
Armor Class: 28 (-2 size, +2 Dex, +18 natural), touch 10, flatfooted 26
Base Attack/Grapple: +9/+17
Attack: +2 Club +21 melee (1d10+18) or Slam +18 melee (1d8+11)
Full Attack: +2 Club +21/+16 melee (1d10+18) or 2 Slams +18 melee (1d8+11)
Space/Reach: 15 ft./15 ft.
Special Attacks: Wrath of the oak, spell-like abilities
Special Qualities: Low-light vision, DR 10/cold iron, SR 24, fast healing 2, bolster fey, bound guardian
Saves: Fort +12, Ref +13, Will +15
Abilities: Str 32, Dex 14, Con 20, Int 14, Wis 18, Cha 18
Skills: Climb +26, Handle Animal +10, Intimidate +25, Jump +32, Knowledge (Nature) +23, Listen +25, Sense Motive +25, Spot +25, Survival +25
Feats: Power Attack, Improved Overrun, Awesome Blow, Great Fortitude, Weapon Focus (Club), Brutal StrikePHB2, Cometary CollisionPHB2
Environment: Temperate Forests
Organization: Solitary, pair, or copse (1-4 and 1 Dryad)
Challenge Rating: 12
Treasure: Standard plus +2 Club
Alignment: Usually Chaotic Neutral
Advancement: By character class
Level Adjustment: +6

Oakbred Juggernauts are rare fey creatures born when a powerful dryad feels greatly threatened. In a month-long ritual, she may transform a mighty oak tree, at least a century old, into a powerful guardian. Though the dryad has no control over the newly created Oakborn Juggernaut unless she risks creating it from her own tree, all such fey have an intense sense of compassion for all other fey. Seeming like a bark-skinned, moss-haired giant, Oakbred Juggernauts are some of the most potent defenders of the forest.

Wrath of the Oaks (Su)
An Oakbred Juggernaut gets a +5 morale bonus on all attack and damage rolls made against a creature it has seen harm a tree or fey, except in acts of self defense.

Spell-Like Abilities
At will–pass without trace, plant growth, quench, speak with plants, warp wood; 3/day–barkskin, command plants (DC 18), rusting grasp (DC 18); 1/day–ironwood, liveoak, tree stride.

Bolster Fey (Su)
All other fey within 30 ft. of an Oakbred Juggernaut gain a +4 enhancement bonus to Constitution.

Bound Guardian (Su)
If an Oakbred Juggernaut is created from a dryad’s home tree, the dryad retains total control over it, as if she had dominated it. In addition, it is still treated as if it were her home tree for purposes of the dryad’s tree dependancy. If such a Juggernaut dies, his dryad dies as well. If either is resurrected, so is the other.

Lord Iames Osari
2006-08-29, 09:40 PM
I know I'm just gonna say this eventually, so... MitP Vote: Yes.

Eighth_Seraph
2006-08-29, 10:26 PM
Hrm..sooooo, an oaken treant/guardian? Don't get me wrong, it's a great idea, but it does seem like there just aren't enough different things you can do to mix people and trees before it starts getting old.

By the way, HOW DO YOU COME UP WITH ALL THIS?!?! You've made some two dozen or more different creatures in the past week, and received a couple thousand 'MitP vote: Yes' replies for your trouble. How do you not run dry?

The Demented One
2006-08-29, 10:33 PM
Hrm..sooooo, an oaken treant/guardian? Don't get me wrong, it's a great idea, but it does seem like there just aren't enough different things you can do to mix people and trees before it starts getting old.

By the way, HOW DO YOU COME UP WITH ALL THIS?!?! You've made some two dozen or more different creatures in the past week, and received a couple thousand 'MitP vote: Yes' replies for your trouble. How do you not run dry?
Telepathy. I just zap random ideas from the people around me into a big, unified whole of monstery goodness.

Randomman413
2006-09-04, 05:21 PM
MitP Vote: Yes

Leperflesh
2006-09-12, 07:19 PM
Seems like a Huge creature should be weilding a Huge weapon?

Also, it occurs to me: what do we do (in our MitP book) about references to non-Core feats/abilities? I've seen several entries with them so far. Do other Wizards books cross-reference supplements like this? Obviously we cannot reprint non-SRD feats in our book... so if someone uses our book, but doesn't have PHB2, they just won't be able to use this guy?

-Lep

The Demented One
2006-09-12, 07:27 PM
Seems like a Huge creature should be weilding a Huge weapon?

Also, it occurs to me: what do we do (in our MitP book) about references to non-Core feats/abilities? I've seen several entries with them so far. Do other Wizards books cross-reference supplements like this? Obviously we cannot reprint non-SRD feats in our book... so if someone uses our book, but doesn't have PHB2, they just won't be able to use this guy?

-Lep
I'm considering using edited versions with core feats and such substituted with non-core in my final submissions, but I think that's a question to direct to Fax. However, many WotC books, notably MMIV, reference others.

Bob_the_Mighty
2006-09-13, 12:31 AM
Telepathy. I just zap random ideas from the people around me into a big, unified whole of monstery goodness.Then I take partial credit for all of them.

Lord Iames Osari
2006-09-13, 12:34 AM
As do I. ;)

asromta
2006-09-13, 09:09 AM

Fax Celestis
2006-09-18, 03:25 PM
Non-core feats can be used, but I would suggest providing alternatives. For instance: "If you do not have the Frostburn book, replace X feat and Y feat with W and Z feats, detailed below. They do not significantly change the CR of the creature, but do change its abilities slightly."