PDA

View Full Version : Arcane envoy, PrC [PEACH]

Abbott
2009-02-19, 06:52 AM
Arcane Envoy

“Righteousness and order always triumphs because we cooperate unselfishly. And I’m here to help righteousness and order along.”
- Gavin Sombersong, gnome transmuter and arcane envoy
“There is nothing quite like negotiating forth the unconditional surrender of your enemy. It even beats kicking puppies. And I like kicking puppies.”
- Widomina DuPoint, magicrat of Shadow Falls

Wizards and sorcerors have tremendous power and are generally well respected within communities. They are without equal when it comes to moving around quickly. Thus, it is no surprise that an increasingly large amount of arcanists have taken up the path of the envoy and diplomat. This class is developed for those who do so on a regular basis and are trusted by society when it comes to reaching a peaceful solution. There is nothing in the professional code that prevents violence, and most mages are capable of packing quite a punch, but the individuals who take up this class usually see it as a last resort or the necessary show of force that might be needed to back up an argument.

Requirements
Alignment: Any lawful
Base Save Bonus: Will +4
Skills: Diplomancy 4 ranks
Special: Must have access to the Enchantment school
Special: Must have acted as an official envoy at least once on a peaceful mission

Class skills
Concentration (Con), Craft (Int), Decipher Script (Int), Diplomacy (Cha), Knowledge (all skills, taken individually) (Int), Profession (Wis), Sense Motive (Wis) and Spellcraft (Int)
Skill Points at Each Level: 2 + Int Modifier

Three levels, hit dice d4
Poor reflex and fortitude saves, good will
Poor base attack bonus

Weapon and Armor Proficiency
Arcane envoys gain no proficiency with any weapon or armour.

Spells per Day
From second level on, when a new arcane envoy level is gained, the character gains new spells per day as if she had also gained a level in whatever arcane spellcasting class she belonged to before she added the prestige class. She does not, however, gain any other benefit a character of that class would have gained. This essentially means that she adds the level of arcane envoy to the level of whatever other arcane spellcasting class the character has, then determines spells per day and caster level accordingly.

Trained Diplomat
Diplomacy is always a class skill for you, regardless of your class. In addition, if you purchased ranks in Diplomacy as a cross-class skill, you immediately gain additional ranks as if it had always been a class skill for you.

Magic Lore
Due to your familiarity with people and magic, you can usually intuit the general opinion on the arcane in the communities you visit. Roll a special check that equals your level in this class x2 + your Int modifier. The usual DC is 15 but may be substantially higher under some circumstances, such as in a remote little village where the villagers seem distrustful of all strangers. You also gain a +2 synergy bonus if you have 5 or more ranks in Knowledge (History).

Infectuous Rationality (Su)
From second level on, an arcane envoy may produce an effect identical to the calm emotions spell merely by talking for one full-round to the object. This is a supernatural, language-dependent ability.

Negotiator
On second level, an arcane envoy gains Negotiator as a bonus feat. If he already has that feat, he gains Persuasive.

Paragon of Debate
When an arcane envoy reaches third level, he has mastered the art of convincing his peers through logic. He may use Int instead of Cha as the key ability for Diplomacy.

Aura of Law
At third level, an arcane envoy becomes so steeped in his mission that he radiates an aura or law, similar to that of a cleric of a lawful deity with the same HD as the envoy.

Abbott
2009-02-19, 08:07 AM
This class is essentially designed for me as I tend to play wizards alot and also seem to have to do alot of talking. However, considering the fluff, it might appeal to a larger crowd of gamers and I don't think there's anything along these lines yet.

Also, does anyone know ho to create one of those nifty tables... I'm afraid I'm illiterate when it comes to computer technology.

Frog Dragon
2009-02-19, 11:24 AM
Look "Guide to Homebrewing" that's stickied in the homebrew forum. Look there for sample tabels and snatch the code. Done.