PDA

View Full Version : A Brand New Day [Town Plot]



Durp
2009-02-19, 10:09 PM
Chris walks out of the DFI, singing lightly. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IrDKeBBN-HA) He presses a button on a remote, and a hover bike speeds over.
Hop on, Bubble.

Jjkaybomb
2009-02-19, 10:14 PM
Right. he nods with a determined smile. How long until we get to wherever we're going, Dad? he looks anxiously at Chris, if it's somewhat close... I still dont have a main weapon myself. Havnt built myself a super sword yet...

Durp
2009-02-19, 10:18 PM
I thought I gave one to you...
He shrugs and pulls one out, giving it to him.
I can never have too many. Anyway, we're riding to Marvellia, land of great heroes. we might have to wear spandex, so say goodbye to your nuts while you have 'em.

Jjkaybomb
2009-02-19, 10:22 PM
(he didnt know if it was his or not, so he set it back with the rest of the weapons)

He takes the sword greatfully and slides it where his old sword was. Down his spinal colomn. A little bit of multicolored steam escapes. Nuts....? he pauses, then it dawns on him, Oh! Oh no, dont worry! I'm not equipt with those! Er, no problems!

Durp
2009-02-19, 10:25 PM
Chris brakes on the Hoverbike, stopping abruptly. The scratching record sound is heard.
You don't have ... Equipment?
He laughs.
Whew! Poor kid...
He starts driving again, occasionally chuckling.
Anyway, Bubble, I actually wanted to talk to you about something...

Jjkaybomb
2009-02-19, 10:30 PM
I'm a demon, dad! My physical shape is entirely up to me! Having extra bits would just be... he seems very embarassed, but is swift to change the topic, Y-yeah? What about?
(forums never tell me when theres new posts...)

Durp
2009-02-19, 10:35 PM
(( I just keep checking. *Shrug* ))
I might not make it on this run, so...
He pulls off his goggles.
I want you to have these. It's tradition.

Jjkaybomb
2009-02-19, 10:44 PM
(thing is, I refresh, and it says no posts. it just ends with mine. Then several minutes later, I refresh again, still says just mine. Ten minutes can pass, and it'll say no new posts, when like, five have been made)

Bubble looks up at Chris, face passivly surprised
Dad... if you dont make it, then it means I havnt....
We're together here, live or die. Either way, your family, your mom, they will be avenged.
Bubble looks determindly up at Chris, If taking the goggles means that you're simply resigned to die, then I wont take em. But if its deeper than that, and if you know in your heart we'll suceed, and this is some other tradtion, then yes, I will take the honor...

Durp
2009-02-19, 10:46 PM
(( I mean, I check the individual threads. go inside them and whatnot. ))
He holds them out.
Take them with pride, son.

Jjkaybomb
2009-02-19, 10:53 PM
(I do! I refresh the thread AND I refresh the forum! Nither works sometimes O.O the forums HATE ME)

Bubble smiles warmly, That doesnt answer my questions at all. he laughs lightly. he takes them in his hands. His other goggles mesh with his hair until they vanish all together. He slips the other pair on, then looks back up at Chris.
I wont have you dying on me, dad, just know that.

Durp
2009-02-19, 10:56 PM
It's not supposed to, Bubble.
He then nods, and pulls out a pair of red goggles. Think Kamina.
Dad didn't lok good enough in these.
(( The forum doesn't hate you, he's just a little rough around the edges, right forum? ... Why don't you ever answer me, forum? ))

Jjkaybomb
2009-02-19, 11:03 PM
(should I make your gurren avatar with red goggles to match, then?)
Bubble laughs cheerfully, What you, or your dad?! That's not his pair, is it? He laughs again, What do I care?! I'll keep my own goggles safe! Thank you! Just... just thank you! he smiles warmly and looks down, sincerly appreciating everything Chris has done for him.

Durp
2009-02-19, 11:08 PM
(( Nah, keep them green. ))
It used to be his pair, but the difference between him and me is...
He puts them on.
I make these look good.
He then smiles fatherly, and hugs Bubble. Then, realizing that the Hoverbike doesn't have auto pilot, resists screaming and grabs the controls, parking in a large city.
Welcome to Marvellia, city of heroes.
((:smalltongue: i love that game.))

Jjkaybomb
2009-02-19, 11:14 PM
He laughs, then becomes frighened as well when the bike careens out of control. Of course, it all wound up okay in the end, so we all laugh it off.
Would that be all kinds, or just the ones we're after? Bubble asks, still giggling.
Chris might notice along with the addition of the blast goggles, Bubble's hair has become blonder as well.

(new pic will be up shortly! dunno if you ever saw the old new pic...
Wanted to play, never got to due to dial-ups in youth)

Durp
2009-02-19, 11:17 PM
... Wow. Chris has effectively made a mini version of him. Awesome.
The one's we're after.
He then looks at the city.
Marvellia. You'll never find a danker pit of scum and villainy. ... Too easy.

(( What pic? ))

Jjkaybomb
2009-02-19, 11:21 PM
(on his profile. I update it every time Bubble has his body significantly changed. This is his eleventh update, by my records, second since the ribbajack. He really looks nothing like my avatar anymore... XD
And what actually happened to the bite sized version of himself? XD)

Well, all the heroes must be here for some reason. Though you think the villains would have half a mind to hightail it to a different city, eh? Bubble jokes.

Durp
2009-02-19, 11:25 PM
(( Ah. ))

Chris laughs.
Maybe.
He starts walking into the city.

@V: (( Ok. It's sorta weird that the forums haven't crashed all day.. ))

Jjkaybomb
2009-02-19, 11:29 PM
Bubble follows, calming down. They're in the midst of, well, enemy territory now, he should be on alert. But on the outside, he's still smiling, however passivly.

(well, guess we're gonna have to pick this up tommorow, I've got to get to sleep. Love to see where this is going though! Night! *passes out*)

Durp
2009-02-19, 11:36 PM
(( Seeya Jj. Can't wait to see Kamina Chris. ... Deadtime i suppose. I'm gonna watch dr. horrible. ))
Chris continues to walk, occasionally rolling his eyes at the costumed heroes.

Jjkaybomb
2009-02-20, 03:05 PM
Bubble follows close behind, What first, dad? What do we have to do...?

Durp
2009-02-20, 03:12 PM
Well, first we have to find-
He is interrupted by a mugger grabbing him by the throat and pulling him into an alley.
MMPH! :smallfurious::smallmad::smallannoyed:

Jjkaybomb
2009-02-20, 03:15 PM
Swiftly as possible and face solid, Bubble darts forward to try and get at a better angle to throw out his right hand and fire off his hand's blast of a death ray.

Durp
2009-02-20, 03:20 PM
The mugger is hit, incinerating, and Chris swears.
Damn this city and it's surprisingly high crime rate.
Several heroes suddenly swoop down into the alley.
Never fear, citizens! A hero-
The talking one stops abruptly as he sees Chris' face.
HOLY S*** It's him! Run!
They scamper off, running out of the alley and into the street, only to be hit by a large truck. Chris smirks.
Isn't that sweet, Lightning lad remembered.
He nods to Bubble.
Anyway, we need to find a friend of mine, he'll get us access to the sledgequarters.

Jjkaybomb
2009-02-20, 03:26 PM
Well, then good thing he was swiftly... um, delt with. Luck's on our side. Bubble nods, edging closer to Chris, as if to protect him from anything else that may attack. Let's get there quick, before too many people recognize you... His eyes dart up to Chris. He frowns for a split second.

Durp
2009-02-20, 03:35 PM
Chris nods. His clothes then turn into normal street clothes, his goggles dark sunglasses.
This'll help.
He walks up to an abandoned warehouse (there are a hell of a lot of these) and says into the intercom:
Yaga, open up, it's Sajjid!
The door creaks open. He starts to walk.

Jjkaybomb
2009-02-20, 03:38 PM
I think they build these things purely to abandon them.
Um... code name? Bubble asks, following Chris almost hesitantly.

Durp
2009-02-20, 03:42 PM
Chris shrugs.
More or less. It's my name in arabic.
They walk up to a man sitting at a large network of computers, several of them literally plugged into him.
Yaga, We need to get into sledge HQ.
You have a friend.
Yes, my son, now can you get us in there or not?
Always in a hurry...
He looks at Bubble.
Who might you be?

Jjkaybomb
2009-02-20, 03:46 PM
He pauses, as if uncertain what to call Chris in here... ... He already told you, I'm his son. Bubble states firmly, Though if you want a name, it's Thomas Bubble. Do you need more?

Durp
2009-02-20, 03:50 PM
Yaga raises an eyebrow.
You seem awfully tense, Rahaad.
This would appear to be Bubble's new name.
Does he not know who I am?
Chris sighs.
Bubble, this is an old college professor of mine. He was the only one who escaped.

Jjkaybomb
2009-02-20, 03:54 PM
I'm just being led about here mostly... Bubble admits to Yaga, a frown crossing his face, though it vanishes as he looks up at Chris, Really? Wow... Er, sorry for being so rude... he shrugs, smiling lightly.

Durp
2009-02-20, 04:00 PM
Yaga grins.
It is ok, child. At least you took your new name well. Sajjid did not, as I remember...
A computer screen flashes, and an image of a MUCH younger Chris and a slightly younger Yaga appear on the screen.
What? Sajjid? Are you kidding me? I have to have the name of one of those f***ing bangladeshi raghe-
Chris shoots the screen.
Yes, I was an ass in college. Whoop de doo. what we're really here about is the access to Sledge.
Of course.
He types on the compooper a bit 'til two cards pop out of a printer. He gives the cards to both of them.
There we are. those are your ID cards. DO NOT LOSE THEM.
Thanks, Yaga.
Chris begins to walk towards the street.

Jjkaybomb
2009-02-20, 04:03 PM
Bubble laughs at the scene, I guess I'm just used to name changes. He takes the card and slides in into his left arm before chasing after Chris, Moving along quickly, arent we? Worried?

Durp
2009-02-20, 04:09 PM
If you were a hated criminal in a city of super powered justice freaks, would you be nonchalant?
He laughs.
Anyway, we have to go somewhere before we head to the HQ.
He starts walking towards a fire escape on a building.

Jjkaybomb
2009-02-20, 04:12 PM
Well, it might make you less noticible... Bubble laughs lightly, And hey, never hurts to relax... if you're confident... actually, yeah, sorry I asked.
Bubble nods, Well, I'm still following you.

Durp
2009-02-20, 04:16 PM
As he jumps on to the railing of the fire escape, hauling himself over, he says:
Wait, you think I have confidence issues? I have a frikkin' GOD complex!
He laughs, then hops over the top edge of the building, onto the roof.

Jjkaybomb
2009-02-20, 04:22 PM
Bubble laughs, almost... he follows Chris, smiling Maybe I'm just spouting random babble! Feel free to tune me out, it'll only hurt me on the inside!

Durp
2009-02-20, 04:25 PM
I think you're spouting random Bubble. Get it? Like, babble except... Never mind.
He then starts running towards the end of the roof. He can be stopped.

Jjkaybomb
2009-02-20, 04:27 PM
Off the edge of the roof to... open street, another alley, a different building? Bubble stumbles forward a few steps, eyes wide, but doesnt stop him. Chris probably knows what he's doing.... this must be a plan...

Durp
2009-02-20, 04:31 PM
Another building.
I love super hero physics! Woo!
He seems to be headed down town.

Jjkaybomb
2009-02-20, 04:36 PM
Bubble laughs and follows, is that the only reason we're going by rooftop?! Heroes could see us much easier, couldnt they?!

Durp
2009-02-20, 04:39 PM
Who cares! I can fly!

Jjkaybomb
2009-02-20, 04:49 PM
Bubble smiles brightly, warmly, and lets out a few loud laughs, Right, right, who are we to question that?!
(whoops, forums didnt post this...)

Durp
2009-02-20, 04:56 PM
He suddenly stops on a building, slipping into it through a window.

Jjkaybomb
2009-02-20, 05:06 PM
Like bubble would suddenly stop following Chris. :smalltongue:

Durp
2009-02-20, 05:11 PM
Chris is currently holding a man by the throat. A woman and a child are huddled in a corner.
Where is he?

Jjkaybomb
2009-02-20, 05:17 PM
Bubble seems mildly confused, We... couldn't have asked your other friends for this, could we have?

Durp
2009-02-20, 05:20 PM
We could have, I just like hurting super heroes.
Let me go, villai-GHRGRLEGHEEEL!!!!!!!
Chris squeezes tighter.
Where. Is. He?
The man spits at Chris.

Jjkaybomb
2009-02-20, 05:26 PM
Understandable. Foolish. These people could now report us... Bubble's still smiling as he shrugs and walks towards the man held by the throat. He tries to grasp at the man's hand, probe his mind for the whereabouts of the Hammer base...

Durp
2009-02-20, 05:27 PM
Bubble will find the directions.
They won't report us.
He throws the man at his family, then fries them.
Ok, let's go.

Jjkaybomb
2009-02-20, 05:32 PM
Bubble lingers on the family for a split second longer than necesary before following Chris once more. He mentally conveys the directions to his mentor, face passive.

Durp
2009-02-20, 05:38 PM
Chris nods, then puts away his death ray.
Oh, and apparently, there's been a change of plan. It turns out that sledge is dedicating a new homeless shelter restaurant uptown, and we're crashing that party.
Got it? :smallsmile:

Jjkaybomb
2009-02-20, 05:43 PM
Bubble nods, face deterimined. His left hand twitches a little, Just tell me which one it is, and I'll kill him. Or do what you will with him.

Durp
2009-02-20, 05:47 PM
(( Deadtime in a few. ))
Right.
He starts walking towards the restaurant.

Jjkaybomb
2009-02-20, 05:49 PM
(*nods* great, that'll give me more elbow room to work on Gurren Chris... XD)
Bubble follows blindly, still fairly unfazed by anything. He'd follow Chris of a freaking cliff unquestioningly.

Durp
2009-02-20, 05:55 PM
(( Banner of the DFI Gurren brigade: With Chris as Kamina, Bubble as Simon, Thy as Yoko, Bite Size as Rassiu, Ravik as Leron (:smalltongue:) maybe Sparky as Kittan, and, of course, Chex as Boota. I suppose deadtime now. I'll be back in a couple hours.))

Jjkaybomb
2009-02-20, 05:58 PM
(may or may not be here when you get back, RL roleplay session tonight. cya tho!)

Durp
2009-02-20, 11:13 PM
(( You call it an RP session? ))

Jjkaybomb
2009-02-21, 08:21 AM
(well I also call video game consoles 'stations', I'm wierd like that. Except I think this is proper terminology.... *shrug*)

Durp
2009-02-21, 10:06 AM
(( I call them stations as well. I also call my brother, Sam, Mas, because I always said things backwards when I was little and it stuck. Anyway, I'm probably only going to be on for this particular post, cause I have to leave for New York in a couple minutes. ))
They arrive at the restaurant. The dedication is just starting.
We need to hide until he is vulnerable, away from security and his pals.

Jjkaybomb
2009-02-21, 10:10 AM
(right-o. also, I KNEW I WASNT THE ONLY ONE WHO CALLED THEM STATIONS! XD)
Get lost in the crowds, or stake out in an adjacent building...? Bubble asks, scanning the crowds, looking for a particularly well hiden spot as well... I'd go with the crowds, because even if we are spotted, we'd be a hell of a lot closer... and besides, they dont know me....

Durp
2009-02-21, 04:43 PM
Chris shakes his head almost violently.
No. We do NOT want to be close to him, and we do not wanna be closed up in a building. i recommend a roof.

(( Ahm back! ))

Jjkaybomb
2009-02-21, 04:47 PM
(NO YOU'RE NOT! :smalltongue:)

Bubble nods solemnly, Sorry for reccomending it. Right, lets get to a roof.

Durp
2009-02-21, 04:50 PM
Chris nods.
Sorry, I should explain to you what he does.
He pulls out a hyper hammer and slams it into a large statue, the statue crumbling.
That's what i can do with this. Now imagine that statue is 200 stories tall. Same effect with him.
He starts to climb a building as the presentation starts.

Jjkaybomb
2009-02-21, 04:52 PM
Bubble's eyes widen in fright, Th-that's practically a king's level of power! How can we even hope to....?! Bubble climbs up after him.

Durp
2009-02-21, 04:59 PM
Mainly the fact he doesn't have super endurance.
He shrugs.
One good hit should take him out.

Jjkaybomb
2009-02-21, 05:00 PM
Okay... okay, so definitly attacking from a distance is the better idea... Bubble calms down a little, though he still seems tense. And quieter... almost worried.

Durp
2009-02-21, 05:05 PM
The presentation starts. Sledge is at a podium, speaking. Chris sets up his death ray, firing. it hits Sledge straight in the head.


Sledge blinks a couple times.
Ow.


... We should probably run. Now.
Chris tries to grab Bubble and clear the building as a large hammer spins towards the building, demolishing it.

Jjkaybomb
2009-02-21, 05:08 PM
Bubble is grabbed, eyes wide and runs with Chris. But is he dead?!

Durp
2009-02-21, 05:11 PM
Chris and Bubble land.
Apparently not. S***!! How did he get endurance!
With a giant leap, Sledge is at their heels.
AND AGILITY?!

Jjkaybomb
2009-02-21, 05:15 PM
Maybe he ate some people with those powers! Bubble shouts. Lemme try something! His right hand begins to glow a little as he keeps running.
Sledge might find his tempurture, or the temputure around him, dropping rapidly to and below zero degree F.

Durp
2009-02-21, 05:21 PM
His clothes begin to freeze and break. He is otherwise unharmed.
Gah! Don't need to see that!
Chris suddenly stops, spinning around and ramming a chainsword into Cpt. Sledge It penetrates the skin, but he seems to not care. Sledge picks him up by the throat.
Ok! He's hurt by- GGRK!

Jjkaybomb
2009-02-21, 05:27 PM
The tempurture keeps dropping well below anything a normal human could stand, even superhuman. Like, liquid oxygen cold. Though Bubble seems to be concentrating greatly to not have the cold reach Chris...
Let go of my dad, Sledge! he squeals, face contorted in concentration. I think he thinks it might be a distraction...

Durp
2009-02-21, 05:31 PM
Sledge suddenly realizes that his skin is freezing.
Mr. Freeze, I see. I thought I locked you up years ago, but now you seem to be in the guise of a child. And with this... Person.
I'm Chris Wogal, you--
No talking, nerd boy.
I'll cut you!
He drops Chris, headed for Bubble. Chris drops his now broken chainsword and leaps on to his back.
Try the super sword, Bubble!

Jjkaybomb
2009-02-21, 05:36 PM
Right hand still focusing on the spell, his left hand whips back for his sword. But he's slowed... Bubble's eyes widen. This is not going to be done safely if he needs to be quick. The Sword roars to life, tearing out of bubble's back in an explosion of gore, brown fluids, and multicolored steam. He squeals in pain and anger as he whips the sword over his head for a downward swing at Sledge.

Durp
2009-02-22, 02:50 PM
The swing hits, tearing into Sledge's arm. He roars in pain, taking out this hammer and swinging at Bubble's chest.

Jjkaybomb
2009-02-22, 02:55 PM
Bubble slams his eyes shut and drops to the ground to avoid the hammer, tries to focus everything he has into freezing Sledge cold enough so that he cant move... because theres no way he's going be be able to dodge effectvly from where he is.

Durp
2009-02-22, 02:58 PM
The hammer narrowly misses, twisting around Sledge at an odd angle. Luckily, the spell works, freezing him in place. Chris gets up.
That was too easy. My player must be getting lazy or something.
He prods sledge, him falling to the ground and shattering into a million pieces.
Let's get outta here.
The hoverbike speeds over in front of me. Chris hops on, beckoning to Bubble.

(( ... The man knows me. ))

Jjkaybomb
2009-02-22, 03:05 PM
Still in a tense state of fear, bubble snatches up his supersword and rushes over to Chris and the hoverbike, depositiing the sword in his already repairing back, Yes, yes, let's just get out of here! he pants, eyes wide.

Durp
2009-02-22, 03:11 PM
Chris revvs the bike, speeding along as fast as he can through the city, flying over the buildings and arriving at the DFI.
Ugh. That was a very satisfying trip, but I'm still slightly agitated.
Miles away, a finger twitches.

Chris shrugs, then walks in.

Jjkaybomb
2009-02-22, 03:12 PM
Bubble whines, Chris! Chris wait! Wait.... he huffs a little and follows Chris into the DFI.