PDA

View Full Version : Feats[FEATS]

Cybren
2006-09-13, 11:50 PM
During classes today, my professors lectured on things we had done in highschool. For some reason I had a lot of inspiration. These feats are the result

Expert Shield Fighting [general]
You are a good defender type of deal. feats.
Prerequisite
Combat Expertise, Shield Specialization
Benefit
When wielding a shield that currently grants its shield bonus to armor class, attack is traded in for armor class at a 1:2 ratio with Combat Expertise
Normal
Attack is changed for AC at a 1:1 ratio with combat expertise
Special
A fighter may select Expert Shield Fighting as one of his fighter bonus feats.

Quick-defense [general]
You be a fast dude or sommin'
Prerequisite
int 13, dex 15
Benefit
Twice per day, you may adopt a total defense as a move action.
Normal
Total defense requires a standard action
Special
A fighter may select Quick-defense as one of his Fighter bonus feats

Stay on target [general]
Dedicated utterly to your task, you ignore all other obstacles to face your foe.
Prequisite
Wis 13
Benefit
When threatened by multiple opponents, you may take a penalty to your armor class, up to your base attack bonus, against all but one of the creatures in your range that threaten you. You gain a bonus to attack and armor class equal to the amount of armor class you sacraficed against that one creature.
Normal
You...can't?
Special
A fighter may select Stay on target as one of his Fighter bonus feats.

False fighting [general]
You are adept at leading your enemy into false rythems and fakes. By controlling your reactions, you can find a small hole in his attack, and tear it wide open.
Prerequisite
Stay on target, wis 15, Improved Feint
Benefit
You can take a -1 penalty to attack and AC vs one creature who you are engaged in combat with, for a number of rounds up to your base attack bonus, but no more than 5. At the end of the rounds, you recieve a bonus to attack and armor class vs this creature equal to twice the number of rounds spent for one round.
Normal
You...can't?
Special
A fighter may take False Fighting as one of his Fighter bonus feats

Improved False Fighting [general]
You can feint and confuse an entire battalion with your excellent timing.
Prerequisite
Wis 15, False Fighting, BAB +7
Benefit
You may use False Fighting for any number of rounds up to your base attack bonus, and against any number of opponents.
Normal
False Fighting only applies to a single foe, and you may only use it for five rounds at a time.
Special
A fighter may select Improved False Fighting as one of his Fighter bonus feats.

Insightful Fist [general]
Your keen eye and steady hand guide your blows home.
Prerequisite
Wis 13, Improved Unarmed Strike, +3 BAB
Benefit
Three times per day, you may add your wisdom bonus to all unarmed attack and damage rolls in a round.
Normal
You can not add your wisdom bonus to attack or damage rolls

Ascetic Insightful Fist [general]
With your talent for unarmed combat, you can attack with all your senses in tune.
Prequisite
Wis 15, Insightful Fist, Monk Level 6th
Benefit
You may use Insightful fist with any weapon that you can also use with Flurry-of-Blows. In addition, you may make an attack using insightful fist past three times per day, however, you lose your AC bonus from wisdom and monk levels for three rounds.
Normal
You don't do that

Insightful Martial Attack [general]
You can always guide your attacks to find their target, and to hit it hard.
Prequisite
Wis 15, Weapon specialization
Benefit
You may add your wisdom bonus to attack and damage rolls using Insightful Fist with any weapon that you have using the Weapon Specialization feat. In addition, you have an extra two uses per day.

This next one is already an epic feat for the most part, but really, a few of those epic feats I don't think need to be epic.

Metamagic Focus [general]
You're really good at a school of magic.
Prequisite
Any two metamagic feat, Specialization in any one school
Benefit
The spell slot modifier of your meta magic feats for your specialized school count as one lower. This does not stack with any other effect that reduces the spell slot modifier for metamagic spells, and can not reduce the modifier below 1.

School Knowledge [first]
Prequisite
Specialization in any one school, 1st level only
Benefit
You may learn several spells of your 'forbidden' schools, but they take a spell slot three levels higher. Effects based on caster level are reduced by 2, and the spell save DC is as if it was of its original spell level. You can learn a maximum of one third your caster level, rounded down.
Normal
Forbidden means forbidden

Spell Substitution [general]
You can take greater effort to produce wild effects you have never learned. You can cast spells that you do not know, or are too high of a level to know, at some risk and effort.
Prerequisite
Ability to spontaniously cast arcane spells, Ability to cast 3rd level arcane spells
Benefit
Twice per week, you may cast a spell you don't know, even of a spell level you haven't yet reached.

To cast the spell, you must succeed on a caster level
check against DC 15 + the spell level, + 3 for every (if any) spell level it is higher than the highest level spell you can cast. You can sacrafice an unused spell slot for +.5 per spell level. (round down after adding all of the sacraficed spell bonuses)

On a failure, nothing happens, on a critical failure, you take 1 con damage, + 1 per spell level, if it was a spell of a level higher than the highest you can cast.
On a success, the spell is cast. On a critical success, you "know" the spell for one week, or until you next use this ability, whichever comes first.
Normal
Ignore those last paragraphs

Spell Specialty [general]
You're good at things and this is flavor text
Prequisite
Ability to cst 5th level spells, Spell Focus
Benefit
You recieve a +2 bonus to caster level, and may exceed the limit for spell effects based on caster level by two increments for spells of your chosen school.

Peregrine
2006-09-14, 07:52 AM
I think some of them are good ideas. It's a little hard to read and be sure, though. Some tips: Make the feat names stand out (try making them large and bold) Use more detailed and serious descriptive text (I don't mean don't use jokes, but "You be a fast dude or sommin'" just doesn't grab me, or tell me how the feat differs from, say, Run or Lightning Reflexes) Leave out Normal text where it isn't of any use (it should only be included where a feat changes existing rules, bonuses, or whatever, not when the feat creates a whole new ability).

Hario
2006-09-14, 08:42 AM
Insightful fist is WAY too much like insightful strike, and I'm pretty sure your natural attacks count as simple weapons, so if that's true there is no need for Insightful fist.

Cybren
2006-09-14, 11:18 AM
If something is too close to an existing feat it's because I had never heard of it.