PDA

View Full Version : Kingslayers II: Revenge of the Elves

BlueWizard
2009-02-26, 02:49 AM
Kingslayers II or Orc-slayers VI:
All had come to commune with the gods, to stop the evil that was the empress. The forces of the Secret Alliance had gathered in the good kingdom of the North. In the new town of Sunhaven. They were to travel through a portal to Elysium in the upper planes, but something had gone wrong.

The elves knew it could happen. So did Sunhaven's protectors. Using wild magic the evil Seekers had placed curses all over the globe. Wild magic was unpredictable in a manner even the good Archmages were still trying to calculate. Our brave heroes were now suspecting that they once again have been affected by this foul malady and corruption of the arcane.

Now they were on some strange planar desert.
None of the Kingslayers remembered how long they'd been here, but one thing was for sure about this golden desert: It was like no place they had ever seen or been {even Wrick}. Wrick assured them that they were at least in the upper planes, where there was a higher chance for their survival.

Merely walking around this strange plane gave most of the group an added boost of confidence, and the golden sun high above never once sweltered or burnt them. The priestess Cara was sure they were on one of the 7 Heavens, but wasn't quite sure which one it was. She had hoped to reach Elysium, where Pelor's palace was rumored to be. Though clearly wild magic put them off course. Cara led the group following an inner pull within her that called her across this seemingly endless desert. The others could only trust the priestess' intuition. It usually guided them right. A lot more right than what the elves magic had got them, which seemed to be really lost at the moment.

The memories of Sunhaven and the subdued festival were like vestiges of a dream. Raven's keepsakes of his wife were the only thing grounding him in the fact that he was not of this surreal world. Only Wrick seems totally relaxed here, clearly used to planar jaunts; he could use this as a chance to expand his vast planar knowledge.

The men of metal {mettle}, Taros and James' found their armor never heated beyond anything more than a relaxing warmth. Cassy the sorceress and her faithful raven, Chulyen, were also here. Chulyen would find the gold glittering sand much to his liking, probably telling her to bottle it up to sell it back home, so she could get more magic protection.

All of you believe the hobbit Wrick had something important to say. If he said it, you'd forgotten it in the planar jaunt. One thing for sure, this wasn't Sunhaven, the North, or even your planet.

The Kingslayers:
Cara:
Officially the Baroness of Sunhaven.
A priestess of the Sun, more specifically the aspect of the strong, kindly old man, Pelor; very vengeful against evil. She is a light-skinned Nordic human, from the good Kingdom of the North. Cara has found her path entwined in more than just evil orcs; nobles and other officials have broken the trust of the people.

Taros:
A knight of Heironeous {god of valour, and the lawful good aspect of Zeus}. Taros was a dragon-rider for the late King Fin of the North. He met Cara after she saved him from the hot desert of the Orclands, where he'd crashed as a rider from the Dragon Wars. He has found companionship with Cara, and has been a key part in building the new community of Sunhaven in the Northern Kingdom.

Cassy:
Having given up working as a con woman for a living {mostly}, Cassy now lies and cheats for good. As stunning as she thinks she is {and almost as half as clever as she believes}, Cassy's too bossy to be a side kick, too cowardly to be a hero, and far too pretty to be left alone by the Guild agents who hunt her. A sorceress of no renown, she terrifies friends and enemies alike with her rapidly growing powers. When not able to outrun the trouble that naturally follow her, the young woman can be found cowering behind her best friend, Cara.

Raven:
A man with a mysterious past and past-life, that he is still now only learning about. His closest companion and now wife is the drow ranger, Illanee, a princess in her own right, but she has given it all up to be with Raven. After both aided in the Artifact Quest of the Asgardian temples, they had settled down in the Northern Kingdom in a diverse little community known as Sunhaven. Little did they know their adventurous life was far from over. Illanee is currently an important member of the town council.

James:
Used to be special warblade serving in the Imperial Army. When his original agreed upon term of service neared an end, like many others in his position he was sent to the front-line for combat. He has survived, but many of his friends and comrades did not. After his Imperial service, he left the Empire. The Queen of the North asked him to join their good nation. Now serving the Northern Kingdom, he has taken on duty as a general and land-baron of a low mountain area in the Northern Kingdom. It neighbors Cara's community of Sunhaven and has been dubbed Jamestown.
{James disappeared in the magical jaunt from Sunhaven. Currently his whereabouts are unknown.}

Wrick:
A plane-traveling hobbit. He lost track of his own prime material plane, among the many. He has now found the current one somewhat to his liking, and has decided to aid it against the evil powers of the lower planes. He has a mix of former companions, and has even traveled halfway around the world on a daring adventure aboard the Red Tornado. He has found a kinship with the elves, since they have been safe-guarding this planet's remaining hobbits. {Most of them have been slain by evil wizards known as the Seekers.}

GNUsNotUnix
2009-03-10, 05:43 AM
Wrick

Wrick continually scans the horizon for features, finding none. Taking finite steps toward an infinite horizon, however, he hardly seems to mind.

"That's the catch with planar jumpin'; ya can't rely on the stars to guide ya--the skies are different between planes. Hell, some of 'em don't even have skies . . . or at least none ya'd want to look at.

The halfling picks up a small pile of the shimmering sand in his hand and lets it filter through his fingers as he walks.

"That sun, for starters. May be content never to set at all . . . a bore, for sure, but take it from one who knows, it beats the Abyss!"

Wrick seems to flinch a bit as he finishes his sentence, and chuckles almost nervously. His pace continues unabated.

dauphinous
2009-03-10, 08:56 AM
Cara walks with certainty. She knows this is the right way to go, and so she's going this way. The sun feels wonderful and invigorating, and she glows with pleasure from it. Literally, of course. Her inner glow is on the outside, brought out by the inherent nature of the place.

"That would be welcome," she says to Wrick as they walk across the sand, "For it to never set, I mean. It is a most gentle sun, like the Light of the Shining Hand Himself. This is part of what I feel every time I use His power or pray to Him, even in the darkest night of the darkest place."

Eratosthenes
2009-03-10, 09:29 AM
Taros

"Perhaps I have grown too cynical, but the comforting nature of this land - if you can call it that - puts me even more on edge." Taros peers out at the endless desertscape. He indeed seems tense, as if expecting some ill fortune.

"I suppose things could have been worse, still. The sun is indeed a most welcome ally." The plated knight casts a gaze towards the benevolent orb above.

kariokie
2009-03-10, 11:53 AM
Stupid plane. Stupid sun. Stupid sand. Stupid elves. Stupid stupid. It was completely annoying. The damn sun would never go away and Cassy never wanted to sleep. She liked to sleep. A lot. And she liked the night. And, quite frankly, she didn’t like this feel-good @#$% being pushed on her by whatever-the-hell plane they were on. She didn’t want to feel good. I don’t deser- She stops herself – in a place like this her thoughts weren’t safe from prying #$%ing gods. #$%@ing gods. #$%@ them. Searching through her pack she finds a bottle of wine (one among many she’d stashed for just such an occasion, and probably not the first she'd drunk, though she couldn't quite recall). With a sharp wave of her hand it uncorks itself and she takes a drink.

It doesn’t help much. She’s completely out of place, with nowhere to a hide – a black-robed speck in a sea of golden sand. The slight woman pulls her black hood further down over her narrowed green eyes. "How much longer?" she asks sullenly, expecting no useful answer. Not that 'longer' means jackcrap here, anyhow.

Roland St. Jude
2009-03-10, 08:18 PM
Raven

Raven scowls at the errant landing. His last off-course transport had thrown him into an ambush, followed by an encounter with an petulant princess, and led to him fleeing town through a sewer. "At least it's not a sewer," Raven mutters shaking off his memories of the deaths that followed that flight, his scowl deepening.

The pleasant clime wears away that displeasure quickly, and Raven is content to follow Cara. She seems to know where she's going. He sets one foot in front of the other, lost in thought.

BlueWizard
2009-03-11, 12:34 AM
Cassy has never tasted a better wine. It's as if someone laced it with MSG, fairy-dust, or some uber-flavor enhancer since she bought {borrowed?} it. She also finds that even as she drinks she doesn't feel the effects of the buzz very much. It is more like a very tasty grape juice, that might have a drop of alcohol. {Much to her dismay, I am sure.}

Chulyen soars high into the golden sky, and in every direction can only see horizon. He makes out wavy lines, but he can't tell if they are mountains or lakes.

James trails along behind. He hasn't spoken in hours... or has it been days or months since you left Sunhaven. You really aren't sure. Wrick knows that in most of the upper planes time runs similar to your home plane. But, he is in the strong belief that whatever evil wild magic brought you here is also affecting your sense of time. James' armor is strangely silent, and his mask is down so you can't tell what his expression is.

After some time, Chulyen caws in relief and terror at the same time and swoops down close to Cassy. What he alerts you all to, is the unmistakeable shape of a dragon flying at a low height, directly toward you. It appears to be golden, but with the bright shiny golden sun in the golden sky over golden sand it could be anything. It is about 500 feet in the air, and its wing buffets the wind creating patterns in the sand as it nears.

The dragon is behind you, headed roughly in the same direction. The dragon notices you as you see him, and ***** his head in recognition, perhaps more in confusion. It doesn't appear to be slowing down, and is racing along at top speed.

GNUsNotUnix
2009-03-11, 06:57 AM
Wrick

I'm sure not gonna miss a chance to ask directions!

Wrick casts fly as quickly as he can react and lifts off toward the distant figure. Not expecting to catch up on fly speed alone, he prepares to cast dimension door as necessary.

"Hail! A moment of your time, if ya can spare it!"

dauphinous
2009-03-11, 11:36 AM
Cara

Watching Wrick zoom off to attract the attention of a passing dragon, Cara blinks just once. She turns to Taros, who she knows has much more experience with such beasts than she probably ever will. "Is that...wise?" The unspoken, and - to Cara - obvious, question hangs there: do you think should we be getting ready to fend off a dragon?

Eratosthenes
2009-03-11, 01:40 PM
Taros

His grin hidden by his helm (Taros hopes), he shrugs. "Probably not. But then a dragon, in open terrain such as this, has us at a serious disadvantage. I suspect a parlay is our best bet."

Hand on the hilt of his sword, Taros begins the walk towards where Wrick and the dragon are to meet. "Besides," he adds, over his shoulder, "I doubt any of Tiamat's brood would be found here." He didn't add that even some of the 'good' dragons could at times view humans as amusements or toys at best, nuisances at worst.

kariokie
2009-03-11, 01:58 PM
Cassy seems more concerned about the wine than the dragon. "$%#^!" she exclaims in disgust before upending the bottle and pouring it out on the golden sand. She tosses the bottle down and then follows after the others.

BlueWizard
2009-03-11, 05:30 PM
The bold little hobbit's loud voice surprises the dragon as it eyeballs the group. He is zipping overhead, and arcs in the sky to return to you all. A whoosh of air blasts over you as he passes, that smells a bit like cinnamon.

Taros can tell it's a gold dragon. It has a few black lines that mark his eyes giving him a distinctive look as if it had mascara. Taros can tell it is probably quite old, for it is rather enormous. It doesn't seem aggressive, though the image of the massive dragon flying and descending toward you is a horrific sight on a bad day.

Before your eyes it transforms in a spectacular flash of glittering gold dust that twinkles before you, leaving in its wake a golden haired aasimar, with gold-tan skin. He wears a robe, gold, of course. He lands with ease before you and bows politely, though keeping a distance of about 10 feet. No dragon fear effects are felt. He is a handsome fellow, and looks at all of you as if you were rats in his home. "Greetings. This is an odd place for mortals to be wandering, they call me Valdinor. How may I assist you with my time. I must say I am running late."

Eratosthenes
2009-03-11, 05:43 PM
Taros

For a moment, Taros is captivated by the sight of the gold dragon reeling through the air above. While a smile graces his lips, a pang pulls at his heart, as he fondly remembers his time amid their numbers. When the creature lands, and transforms into one of the revered angels, the normally stoic knight is awed.

Saluting, and bowing slightly before the noble creature, Taros replies, "Greetings to you, noble Valdinor. We surely do not wish to impose; however, we seem to be, well...lost. We sought the fields of Elysium, for a quest, but have found ourselves here."

GNUsNotUnix
2009-03-11, 10:50 PM
Wrick

Wrick lands back with the rest of the group in front of the dragon's humanoid form. For the moment, he holds his tongue as Taros gives his greeting, but the dragon's words bring visible perplexion to Wrick's face.

A dragon, late? Who'd be fool enough to rush a dragon?

BlueWizard
2009-03-12, 12:48 AM
Valdinor is flattered by the respectful display and bow put on by Taros. He looks to him with grandness. "Ah, yes... you are bit off for that wonderful land." He seems to enjoy speaking to Taros and tries to make eye contact with the former dragon-rider. Those of you looking into his eyes will see they are gilded pools of radiance. "You must've made a wrong turn in the Twin Paradises. I can take you part of the way to a portal there. I'm headed in that direction.... but, what is your mortal purpose there. I can see you... well... most of you don't seem to be classic treasure hunters. A lot of primers believe they can take the easy way to the heavens." He looks at Cassy, and then to the silent form of James behind you. "I must warn you that illusory warriors will be of little use here."

When you turn to see James, Cassy and Wrick can now see that the warblade is actually an illusion. Something happened in the planar jaunt, and he actually is not here!

{OOC- We'll do fine with 5 PCs :elan:}

kariokie
2009-03-12, 01:40 AM
Cassy glares back at the aasimar-shaped dragon when his eyes pass over her. "I don't want nothing to do with the heavens and they don't want nothing to do with me, so don't you think I'm lookin' for anything." She crosses her arms and wishes she hadn't tossed down the bottle of wine. A swig of it -- even if ineffectual -- would certainly punctuate that petulant statement properly.

She just shrugs when James disappears into nothingness. "Figures. Hadn't tried to polish his armor or sharpen his stupid sword in ages. Couldn't be him."

BlueWizard
2009-03-12, 01:52 AM
The dragon in aasimar form raises an eyebrow at Cassy's petulance, but doesn't seem bothered by it in the least. In fact he seems very patient, despite his 'rush'."I can believe that. I can see you're good hearted under all that youth." He turns back to the paladin, as if he were the leader. "I do miss you mortals at times."

Eratosthenes
2009-03-12, 06:51 AM
Taros

The disappearance of James caused Taros concern. The loss of the skilled warblade would surely be felt in their own journey, but more so he hoped the veteran fighter had not been diverted to a dangerous situation. Still, he was a capable soldier, and there was little they could do to help James now.

Taros merely glances at Cassy's outburst; the aasimar's words only confirmed what Taros already knew. The young sorceress had a gruff, surly exterior at times, but he knew it was only her defense mechanism. At least he hoped that that is all it was.

Turning back to the aasimar, Taros nods respectfully, "We seek out Pelor's domain. A great evil has descended on our mortal realm, and his aid we need in rooting it out. Any assistance you could give, without inconveniencing yourself, would be most appreciated."

Taros considered telling the radiant being more of their quest, but his inherent distrust - even of such a noble and heavenly creature - made him balk.

dauphinous
2009-03-12, 07:22 AM
Cara

Cara bows graciously to the dragon/aasimar and smiles pleasantly at him. Taros has the matter well in hand, and she reflects that aside from the time and place she met Cassy, there has been no circumstance that produced a happier result than the time and place she met Taros. In itself, anyway. Plenty of the happenings surrounding the meeting left little to be desired.

The only thing that really dims her mood is discovering that James was a victim of some strange warp that hadn't affected the rest of them. She sighs a bit, but James is a hearty soul. He faced down his own father's shell corrupted into undeath, and he could probably handle anything that crossed his path. She offered a short, silent prayer that he would be watched over wherever he may have ended up before returning her attention to the dragon at hand.

BlueWizard
2009-03-12, 01:36 PM
Valdinor seems surprised by the answer, "Pelor, huh? He's a busy one. And Elysium is a good place to speak with him. I am meeting with a draconic council, perhaps I bring you along, and you can ask my master, Bahamut."
He steps away and gets on all fours, and transforms again in a gold flash of glitter. The dragon form is again before you, and he lowers his gigantic wing. His voice changed in dragon form; it is a lot more grand and booming.
"Best I give you a ride. This desert is tricky, and though it is home to my brethren, it isn't designed to walk on. You could be here for years, and never find where you want to go. It is VERY enchanted... and not in a helpful way for mortals." He patiently offers the wing, "We can talk more on the way"
This dragon must be a Wyrm or older thinks Taros, for its back could carry you all with ease between his shoulder blades.

Eratosthenes
2009-03-12, 02:15 PM
Taros

"B...B...Bahamut?"

Helping the others climb aboard the dragon, Taros is quiet. To Cara, he asks simply, "Do I look alright?" as he runs a mailed hand over any scuffs in the metal's sheen.

kariokie
2009-03-12, 06:55 PM
"Youth? #$%^ you, I'm twenty." It certainly seemed old to her.

Cassy refuses Taros' assistance with a dismissive wave of her hand. She waits for others to get situated before clamoring on, trying to give herself as much personal space as possible.

BlueWizard
2009-03-12, 07:11 PM
Walking on to Valdinor's back is like walking on to a bunch of metal plates. These gold colored scales are incredibly hard, and even Taros wonders how he'd smash through them if he ever pissed this dragon off.

Valdinor is amused at Taros' astonishment, probably the reaction he'd expect from possibly meeting the lord of all good dragons. When Cassy curses the dragon out, he merely says, "Last I checked that was young for humans. I'm over twenty thousand years... before I came here." There is plenty of room for Cassy to spread out from the others.

When all are on, the illusion of James fades, and the dragon tenses to leap up. "Hang on to scale. All set?"

dauphinous
2009-03-12, 07:28 PM
Cara

Giving Taros a bit of a surprised look, Cara smiles and puts a hand on his shoulder. If it wasn't currently covered in a gauntlet, she'd touch his cheek instead, but this damnable armor makes intimacy so difficult. Maybe that's something worth looking into. "You look impressive." She takes his help to climb up and sits carefully, then grabs onto a scale.

GNUsNotUnix
2009-03-12, 09:07 PM
Wrick

Wrick notes the warblade's apparent disappearance with concern, then attempts to shake the feeling.

He didn't seem particularly talkative lately, anyhow.

Wrick's face turns to an expression of awe upon learning of the dragon's longevity. He floats gently to a spot on the creatures back and slowly grasps a scale with marvel in his eyes.

Roland St. Jude
2009-03-12, 09:29 PM
Raven

Raven watches and listens, glad to have others lead the way and handle the pleasantries - he tended to be a bit awkward about such things. At least up until he found himself climbing aboard the back of a dragon (or was it an asimaar?). Raven steps tentatively onboard.

BlueWizard
2009-03-12, 11:47 PM
As you grab hold of the scales, Valdinor chuckles, or is it more of a chortle. Either way it sounds and feels like a low rumbling through his body. "That tickles."
He glances over his shoulders, and onto his back to make sure you are situated, then with a heavy push of his wings he lifts high into the air. It is graceful, but still your stomachs drop.
Chulyen, who might've been flying overhead, has to race to Cassy's shoulder as the dragon blasts off at an incredible speed. Faster than normal dragons back home Taros would think.

The desert below wisps by as the dragon flies off. His wings flap near you, but you feel little wind-buffeting from them, since they seem perfectly designed for thrust below and behind. Taros would be used to it. Cara's gut feeling tells her this is at least the right direction to heading.

Chulyen's sharp eyes are the first to see something other than wavy lines on the horizon. In almost no time at all, the dragon has taken you to the edge of a gorgeous woodland, that sprawls away from the desert in every direction. He will be passing over it as he speaks.

Valdinor glances back at you. Though the air is racing by, you can hear him just fine. And he seems used to riders for he is very smooth allowing so you could almost walk around on his back with out holding onto a thing. "Many of my kind retire to the desert with all our worldly possessions. Legends of our treasures abound through the multiverse, so we played a little magic trick on the desert sands. It is sort of an endless maze if you're uninvited. Sorry, about my assumptions that you were treasure hunters. You all don't seem like the type.... especially with an honored paladin among you. Your 'radiance' is self-evident, and comforting. So often I meet other types out there."

kariokie
2009-03-14, 05:53 PM
Cassy remains quiet. The only thing worse than this stupid desert trying to make her feel good was the fact that her cussing at the dragon hadn't provoked him. Not that she'd admit it, but not getting attention for her jabs and temper was sort of like not existing. Unpleasant.

Sulky, she looks off across the endless golden desert, letting the others pick up the conversation. This is gonna be dumb. And they're going to go see Bahamut? Things were only going to get dumber.

Roland St. Jude
2009-03-14, 08:02 PM
Raven

Ever adaptable, Raven quickly becomes accustomed to the wind whipping by and the desert passing far beneath them. And he silently echoes the dragon's appreciation for having an honored paladin around, he suspects that Cara and Taros will do a lot of smoothing things over on this journey. Hopefully, his companions' apparent virtue will make this impossible mission possible.

BlueWizard
2009-03-15, 01:39 AM
Cassy might be the only one not fully able to appreciate the view below. The forest is full of strange mythical creatures, and all seem to be living in perfect harmony. Even a tiny village of little blue people singing happily, could be made out as you passed overhead scraping the treetops.

Wrick will recognize a few of the archon and angel types among the faeries and elves, but many more exist.

Beyond the forest a mountain range rises high into the sky, then the forest ends and you pass over a great stone city. Though not granite or sandstone, anyone who's been to an elven city will have seen what influenced it. But, this is on an even grander scale. Gemstone citadels and Crystal palaces are the norm. No city you have ever seen looks like the great layout you have before you now.

The city is full of millions, and the population is mind boggling to many of you used to large cities that at most have over two hundred thousand. The city passes under you like the legends of Atlantis might be, and Valdinor flies high into the mountains.

Golden clouds hover at the peaks here, and the stupendous city that stretched for many miles disappears below. You fly above golden clouds now heading even higher up unbelievably tall mountains. Nothing can compare on Earth, not even the great dragon mountains.

Waaay up high is a carved palace in the golden rock, and swirling about it are many metallic dragons and a whole host of angelic creatures.

"You might have to wait a moment... usually non-dragons are not welcome in the council, but something in me is telling me there is something different about you 5. Is there something I should know?"

dauphinous
2009-03-15, 01:13 PM
Cara

Of all the strange experiences that have injected themselves into Cara's life, this is, by far, the most wondrous. As she doesn't really have to hold on anyway, she yanks off a gauntlet and reaches to take Taros's hand. That he'd been forced by circumstance to give this up...it seems to her that leaving this dragon behind might be something of a wrench when it happens.

"We are nothing more than supplicants come to beseech the Shining Hand for His assistance in a matter beyond the abilities of mortals. If you think it might be possible that Bahamut would be willing to spare us a few minutes, though, we would be grateful for the opportunity to speak with Him."

Eratosthenes
2009-03-15, 08:36 PM
Taros

The sheer glory and wonder of this beacon of all that is Good filled Taros with a sense of well-being, more profoundly than that which had instilled him from the very fabric of the plane they were on.

The dragon-aasimar's question breaks him from his awe. Cara's answer would have to suffice for the dragon, but the true answer would likely take volumes. Perhaps it was the place, or his recent wonder at the sight before them, but he felt himself waxing philosophical over his companions. They had faced evils and dangers that would have struck most mortals dumb with terror. A troubled teen with more power at her fingertips than entire armies, a pragmatic vessel of a God's earthly power, a veteran warrior with mysterious arcane abilities, and their newest ally, the plane-hopping trickster; they seemed pretty special to Taros.

If only there were a bard about; he'd make mint on the tales he could tell.

BlueWizard
2009-03-16, 02:02 AM
This grand mountain palace, looks to be made of gold and platinum, glitters bright in the high heavens. It rises even higher above, with many landings, and portals into its grandness. Several dragons swoop in near to see what Valdinor carries. Not even Taros has seen this many dragons in one place. All of the metallic kinds including a few he'd never heard of like iron and even tin.... it would seem.

Somewhere partially up this grand facade, etched with carvings and designs, Valdinor lands. You blur by too fast for too much detail of the mountain palace, but it all looks draconic.
Valdinor sets down where there are several angelic types acting as guards.

A nine-foot tall man made of gold with wings appears from nowhere. Wrick recognizes him as some type of powerful Solar. He looks at Valdinor sternly and they speak in some strange flittering language of the upper planes. Valdinor is hoping you are dismounting him, as his wing is down like a giant stair.

Valdinor speaks to you when the gold man stops talking. Other strange archons gather and watch behind him. Valdinor sighs, "This is Kaator. He will be your guide from here."

All of you feel at ease in the presence of the Solar. Valdinor watches anxiously as Kaator speaks your human tongue with a booming resonance.
"I fear you are earlier than expected. Apparently, Bahamut has already arranged to meet you later this day. I don't know how, but he has some interest in you.... mortals."

Valdinor looks at you all in case you needed anything of him. In this short time, he already feels like a protective parent over his new acquaintances.

"Your time is done here, Valdinor. Likely, you will meet them all soon enough." Valdinor will nod his mighty head, look to you, and ready to launch himself higher up onto this golden mountain palace.

dauphinous
2009-03-16, 07:15 AM
Cara

This was going much better than Cara expected. Really, she'd figured on having to find their own way, searching across unexpected landscapes, fighting things. But, she reflects, these are, after all, the Upper Planes, places of Good. The denizens would, of course, be friendly and Good. She almost feels a bit silly for having come in armor, actually.

She climbs down from the dragon and bows her head respectfully to the Solar, managing to stop herself from blurting out in her surprise that they were expected. After a moment's reflection, though, it really isn't all that surprising after all. These are Gods, after all. They are the wellsprings from which portents of the future can be divined, if one is so inclined as to seek that knowledge.

"Thank you, Valdinor, for your assistance. It has been a great honor to fly with you." She waits for the rest of the group to put their feet on the ground before returning her attention to the Solar. "We appreciate your assistance, Kaator. Please, lead on."

Eratosthenes
2009-03-16, 08:21 AM
Taros

Taros seconds Cara's farewell with a respectful salute to the dragon. "May the winds be with you, friend."

To their newest guide, Taros also nods by way of greeting, and gets in line behind Cara. Bahamut! They were going to see the great platinum dragon! While Taros was a disciple of Heironeous himself, that fact did little to damper his respect - nor excitement - of meeting such a divine source of power, wisdom, and honor.

Bahamut!

GNUsNotUnix
2009-03-16, 04:26 PM
Wrick

Wrick has given up blinking since mounting the dragon's back. He scans the horizon repeatedly, attempting to impress upon his mind as much of this world as he can.

Preparing to depart with the party's newest friend, he smiles in reassurance at Valdinor,

"Don't ya fret for us; we may not all live thousands of years, but we'll stick around long enough for ya to see us again."

BlueWizard
2009-03-17, 12:46 AM
Valdinor seems pleased and gives a powerful bow of his head to all before jetting up high into the upper regions of the mountain palace. A whoosh of air buffets you all as he leaves with a rush of his wings. The air washes a friendly spice scent over you all, as if he had on some cinnamon cologne.

Kaator turns up his golden nose to watch him jet away, before turning his yellow pin-pricks for eyes back in your direction.

Wrick's view over the edge would turn most people's stomachs, not his. Mostly below was a spread of golden clouds, that covered the great city you'd seen at the base of the enormous godly mountain. Far, far away the green woodland could be seen beyond the clouds below. But, all was so tiny it looked like a wash of golden-green.

On this great landing, one of many you saw on the way up, were no battlements or crenelations; just a straight drop down the mountain, and to lower parts of the mountain palace.

Kaator clears his throat and waves for you to follow him.

"Come, there is a human for you to meet. Bahamut wants to make his guests feel as much at home as he can help. And apparently, you are his special guests." Kaator is not exactly enjoying this, however awed or not you might be by the incredible place.

The many strange looking archons and angels clear a path toward the palace. A gaping opening that Valdinor could enter with wings spread leads straight into the palace. As Kaator leads you off the landing the other angels all line-up and watch you curiously. They whisper in their strange heavenly tongue as you pass. You can't understand them, but they clearly speak of you. {The whole experience to your mortal minds is dizzying, since you are being overloaded with new species and sights by the second!}

Kaator doesn't seem like the talkative type, and leads without saying anything else. You are all left to wonder in amazement... or not :smallwink: about the splendor that is this palace. The walls are lined with billions of gold worth in gemstone. Some just as art, other depicting the great platinum dragon himself. The entire hall is lit with a golden light that has no source. It is about 100 feet high at the arc, and 100 feet wide at the base.

You will all leave the angels, archons, and flying angels outside as you enter this massive place. Kaator speaks, "Stick close, I'd hate to lose you in here." This might be a joke for him, but his stern golden face shows little sign of humor.

dauphinous
2009-03-17, 07:19 AM
Cara

"You are too kind, Kaator. I'm sure there are more important things you could be doing than guiding a clutch of mortals around, and yet, you have the grace to assist us anyway. It is truly a great honor to be in your beneficent presence." Cara follows the solar, not bothering to hide the gawking she's doing at this place. Everything si more magnificent that she ever would have imagined.

Truth be told, she always imagined Pelor's home to be a lot like Skaarsvard - farms, animals, people going about their lives, working for themselves. And Pelor Himself would be there, tending a field of golden wheat and shining with all the radiance of the Sun. She'd never stopped to consider what other places must be like. It kind of makes sense, though, that the Platinum Dragon would live in a grand palace in a grand place. Given that dragons are prone to grandeur in and of themselves. At least, so far as she's seen and heard.

kariokie
2009-03-17, 04:36 PM
Cassy

The sight of the dragons interests her briefly -- only because she's searching among them for any sign of something, anything, interesting and imperfect. Even though they look all different, they look all the same to her. Perfect.

Then it's the riches and glamor. She's not really a selfless person, at least she doesn't think of herself as one. But it all seems a damn stupid waste, couldn't they find something better to do with all those gems? Like, help people or whatever? Isn't that what these people are supposed to do? No, not really. They only help the people like them. Leaves plenty left over for this sorta stuff. She supposed it was good the group had people like "them" -- Cara and Taros -- along, or they'd likely get no help at all. 'Cos that's how it always works.

As they walk, Cassy's tempted to steal something, just because it would be exactly what none of these all-too-perfect goody-two-shoes were expecting. It would shake things up, that's for sure. Oh, except that stupid god can probably read minds, so he'd be expecting it. Hey, does that mean he's reading my mind right now? Well %#$^ you. Bet you didn't see that coming, you #$%@ing god. She crosses her arms and continues trailing after the group, a sour look on her face.

BlueWizard
2009-03-18, 04:57 PM
Kaator does seem pleased by Taros and Cara's presence, at least people he can feel worthy to lead about Bahamut's palace. With Cara buttering him up he looks content. That is until he suddenly looks at Cassy, and gives her a big frown, at first he says nothing, but then says aloud, “We gave this to him as a deserving gift.” He does seem annoyed at Cassy all of the sudden, looking only briefly at her in the rear of the group.

The place is quite gaudy, and even when the long, huge hall ends in a T, it splits into two only slightly smaller, but still gaudy halls.

This place is massive, you’ve already wandered these halls for 50 minutes. But, your sense of time has really been mixed up since arriving on this plane.
Wrick might even wonder why this Solar didn't just teleport you all where you needed to go, goodness he has the power to.

There were no doors, but several archways branched to more halls and a few gaping chambers.

Suddenly, Kaator comes to one that he actually has to duck to enter, surprising since all were dragon-size before this.

Inside this archway is a chamber that looks more like a fine dining establishment, one that Cassy might've seen in the big imperial cities. There is a bar with a female half-orc working it, and a skinny male grey elf with a waiting tray. There are many tables, but only one occupied. The elf stands by a table where sits an older man. The old man is human with long graying brown hair, a familiar blue robe, with a long graying beard. The blue robes are what the Northern Wizards wear to differentiate themselves from the Black robes of the imperial wizards. {Not to be confused with the blue robes of the planar pimp.}

The old man stands and though he is not familiar to any of you, he smiles brightly as if you were long lost friends. "Welcome. You are most welcome here. Please, have a seat. And order anything you want. Seriously. Anything."

Kaator stands by the entryway, as if he expects the older human to take over from here. Kaator looks about as if this place is unfamiliar. The older man looks at all of you, and sees that you have no idea who he is. "Pardon my excitement.... it has been a long time since... well, since I met you.... You have yet to meet me. I am Dar. And I believe you have important information for us… I’ll answer any questions you might have, and I think you might have information on a certain fire empress that might be relevant to us all."

{OOC- This name {DAR} won't mean anything to the players, but Cara has lived in the North long enough to know of the great wizard that helped free the Northern lands from the tyranny of the empire long ago. He and a long dead good king rose to power and formed the Northern Kingdom that you know today.}

kariokie
2009-03-18, 07:56 PM
Cassy

Cassy’s more than pleased that she finally managed to tick off Kaator. She hated feeling invisible when she didn’t want to be. Plus, it was a damn fair point. She opens her mouth to say something smart back – perhaps that there were plenty of other people who needed some gifts more’n some god – then closes it again and chews on her lip after a glance at Cara and Taros. No need to ruin their goody-two-shoes fun, so’s long as they didn’t have to stick around too much longer.

The restaurant perks her up for a second until she realizes two things. First of all, the alcohol seemed broken here, so it wasn’t like it was any use to be somewhere that probably had a good wine menu. Second of all, their host was a wizard. ”Seriously? How come it’s always a godsdamned wizard, huh? All of time and space and I’m the only frickin’ sorceress doing jackcrap?” Being hunted and hated was one thing, but realizing that the rest of her kind seemed to be lackadaisical morons and not daring, fantastic and dashing was becoming a letdown. She throws herself into a chair and slouches down in it, crossing her arms. This place was getting to her. Too perfect. Too clean.

Eratosthenes
2009-03-18, 08:06 PM
Taros

If they weren't led here by a solar, in the very citadel of Bahamut, Taros would be highly suspicious of this robed wizard. Even still, he instinctively glances from side to side, half expecting an ambush.

In a way, it was an ambush, though of a different sort.

First glancing back quickly at Kaator with an admonishing glare (as if to say "Why in the nine hells didn't you tell us about this meeting?"), Taros decides to cut to the chase, "Any question? What do you want?"

dauphinous
2009-03-18, 08:12 PM
Cara

Although she had to restrain the urge to gape at first, Cara gradually finds this place to be a little ostentatious for her tastes. She prefers simpler places, and doesn't really get the allure of massive gobs of gold and gemstone. She would admit freely that a few nice things are pleasant to have, but this is on a vast scale beyond what she'd ever be willing to accept.

Still, it's not her God who lives like this. It's the Dragon God.

The man's name passes right through one of Cara's ears and out the other. On the way out, though, her memory is jogged. Beth told a story about a great wizard Dar, and the first King. She only told it once, though, and it was never a story that Cara was really interested in. Not compared to the ones about Pelor and those who did works in His name. She nods her head respectfully to Dar. "He helped liberate the Northern Kingdoms from the Empire," Cara explains to the group, sounding rather like she isn't fully sure why they'd be speaking to him. "Along with the first king. I don't remember his name."

"We were hoping," she says this in such a way that it's clear she really means 'expecting', "to speak with Bahamut. If that isn't possible, we'd appreciate being pointed in the right direction to find Pelor, the Shining Hand of Ra."

Roland St. Jude
2009-03-18, 09:28 PM
Raven

Raven drops to the rear of the group, taking it all in. He seems uncharacteristically observant, trying to take it all in.

BlueWizard
2009-03-19, 01:35 AM
Cassy's voice gets the older man's attention first and he chuckles, and looks directly into her eyes, his are sparkling bright blue. "But, my dear, that's what makes you special. I had to read a book for my magic. You... you just use your charm and will. Sorcerers are a rare breed."

Seeming to know her thoughts on alcohol, he sighs and nods, "Well, I won't say its the lack of alcohol... its more the gods' idea to allow their subjects a chance to drink more."

He then turns to face the two divine ones Cara and Taros. To Taros he starts, but finishes with Cara, "Me? Well, I don't necessarily want... Oh, you know me?" Once he hears what Cara says. "I'm flattered. You never know what history gets passed... As to speaking to Pelor, I believe that is what Bahamut is trying to set up. You all have the potential for a great destiny, and the gods seem very interested in helping you realize that. These meetings are a bit touchy, and apparently Pelor expected you on Elysium. He sent me here since I seem to have a destiny wrapped up with yours, and well, to answer things while the gods work out some things.
You see, when it comes to working with mortals, they get into trouble if they start meeting personally with every worshiper that demands their presence, those guys in the Lower Domains tend to take it upon themselves to use it as their chance to swoop more mortals for their cause, so this sort of thing is not done lightly. There's a delicate balance up here and it must be watched carefully..." he looks hopefully at you all, especially Cassy, hoping that you all understand him.

dauphinous
2009-03-19, 08:25 AM
Cara

Cara's expression changes to one of confusion. "I don't understand. We were sent to the wrong place by whichever spell they used to send us, so now that we're here instead of there, the God of here has to negotiate with the God of there to make it possible for us to pass from here to there? Is this one of those tests they speak of in the tales of great heroes and saints? Will we have to take an extra step to prove our faith or courage...or something because Nautilus missed?"

Though not really angry, a tint of annoyance colors Cara's words. Mostly, she's really just confused. This had seemed like it would be simple. Go to Elysium, follow her heart, find Pelor, pass along the message. Simple. Now, though, they're in the wrong place, talking to the wrong person, about the wrong subject, and her faith is irrelevant. "This is more complicated than I expected," she mutters.

BlueWizard
2009-03-19, 11:26 AM
The older man seemed to get older as Cara's worries came forth, and Cassy might swear he used a prestidigitation to whiten his hair more.... or perhaps the browning effect faded. He is confused as to Cara's understanding until he hears the grey elf's name. "Nautilus?" This suddenly all made sense to him, but might not to you. "Yes, now my student wouldn't 'miss', he's quite good. You should know that evil wild magics tried to shift you all from your home to the Abyss. Lucky for us, we have some friendly dragons back on our world, that try to combat all that stuff... even if the elves still don't know how much they control the magic there... or want to admit to. You won't be proving nothing. Bahamut, is bringing Pelor... and I believe Heironeous, if we can manage, right here to this old dining hall. Problem is dragons are very busy, and poor old Bahamut's got his hands full trying to command the cosmos of draconic lore."

dauphinous
2009-03-19, 07:37 PM
Cara

There were too many things to try to understand fully in what Dar said, so Cara shrugs. She looks over at Cassy. "Did you know they were doing that?" She asks with pure curiosity, just wondering if this was something like a big joke, and she was the only who didn't know the punch line.

BlueWizard
2009-03-19, 08:44 PM
"Likely she won't, but he might." Dar points at Taros, he notices Raven looking around carefully, "There were more like you in my time... well, not more, but they were known by the initiated. The Hunters came down hard on them in those days. Beware of them."

Taros knows of the Hunters, glorified evil dragon riders that serve the purposes of whoever is emperor.

Eratosthenes
2009-03-19, 09:20 PM
Taros

Wizards always made things more complicated than they needed to be. The mission seemed a simple exercise in logistics: they needed to get from point A to point B. Now, of course, the exigencies of war had tossed their initial plan to the divine winds, but their mission seemed to be the same.

Until this Dar fellow started getting involved. Taros was still unsure what role the man sought for himself. And now the very Gods were involved in moving their deific selves about - surely no mean undertaking.

"Of the Hunters, I know. I have fought their ilk on occasion, and they are formidable opponents. But of their relevance to the here and now, I fathom not. Why must the Gods come here; why should we tarry and interrupt the forces of the cosmos when we can petition them directly in their place of power?"

kariokie
2009-03-20, 02:49 AM
Cassy

Cassy stays slumped in her chair, her look dubious. She perks up slightly when Cara asks her a question, but then Dar answers it for her, causing Cassy to frown. "I'm getting $%^&ing sick of everyone deciding what I know or don't know. Not that I do know. But $%^& you." She crosses her arms while Taros speaks. "Doesn't much matter, does it? What the hell we gonna do but wait here while they come to meet us or move us there to meet them, or whatever. They're gods. If they feel like getting up off their holy god butts and coming here, they're gonna do just that."

BlueWizard
2009-03-20, 05:15 AM
At this point everything begins to hum and vibrate. Even Dar looks around a little confused, "You know... I'm still relatively new at this... and we haven't even ordered dinner..."

"It is time."

"Yes."

"It seems this only made it worse."

A glow flashes over you all,

"That's my guy. The noble looking one."

Slowly the glowing effect fades, and standing behind the now much older looking Dar are 3 deific figures that almost need no explanation. Without impulse you are automatically awed, but this fades as the one called Pelor speaks.
Pelor looks to be an older man with wild golden hair and beard, dressed in robes of shining white. His hair seems to be moving in an outward, radiating manner. "We apologize for the inconvenience. Cara it is an honor to have you in my presence."

Taros knows who Heironeous is, but to those not familiar with the god he appears as a tall human man in a full robe of chainmail so fine that it moves with him like cloth. His hair is auburn with skin the color of copper. On his back is a great battleaxe and at his hip a longsword. "Taros, you've done me proud. Don't beat yourself over the dragon in the desert. He wanted me to say hello. You've got more important things to worry about."

The last fellow is an old man in a tattered yellow robe. His calm presence lends you to automatically see him for who he is. Bahamut in human form. His eyes are a bright light blue, and his messy hair is platinum gray. His eyes look to Wrick, "You've been running into quite a few of us... glad you made it out of the Abyss, and I'm glad my dragons could divert you here this time. You have a habit of getting into Lower planar trouble don't you."

Bahamut looks to Raven and frowns, "We've met before... in another life, I am please to say that I am honored to meet you again."

Pelor and his flowing golden hair actually moves his hand to silence Bahamut, and looks at Cassy as he speaks. "This one is correct, and of them all she has suffered the most pain. They have waited long enough. The elves have helped them too..." Pelor reminds the dragon leader.

Heironeos speaks, clearly used to being a general and taking charge, "We debated things long enough, but Pelor is right you deserve to get on with your lives. But, to do so the Fire Empress must be stopped. She has declared war on the gods." Heironeous is very serious.

"Not just the gods of the upper planes, mind you...." Bahamut adds, "All of us."

Pelor looks to Cara doing his best to confort her, "As ridiculous as it sounds, she has brought the lords of Hell to their knees, and even channeled the forces of the Abyss to her needs. This is why so many things appear beyond your control. Many have died to protect you and your loved ones, and it is your relatively weak powers compared to the fire empress, that has destined you for your path. As of yet, the fire empress doesn't know who you are."

Heironeous interrupts, "Don't let these 'old' men tell you of a path. Taros, you know life is trials, and your greatest is coming. We will offer choices, there is no one set path for you." he reminds Pelor and Taros.

"This is true." nods Cara's sun god, "There are more ways than one... but first we must ask you, why you sought us... so personally?"

By now all of you are not overwhelmed, and speaking to these godly fellows seems almost natural. Cara can tell this is no trick, and Taros might assume the question is about the trials of life. Regardless, all of the gods, and especially the confused Dar and Kaartor look to the 5 mortals before them with eager ears.

dauphinous
2009-03-20, 08:51 AM
Cara

Dropping to her knees in utter reverence, Cara directs her gaze to the ground. She's never wavered in her faith, though sometimes things have gotten in the way of it, but this seems, to her, wholly like an audience she has no right to. As soon as Pelor suggests He's honored to meet her, tears begin falling down her cheeks, and it takes all her concentration to listen to everything these Gods say.

"Prometheus bade us come here," she whispers, unable to speak any louder than this. "There are no mortals strong enough who can oppose the fire empress now. Not directly. She will put the world asunder for no reason other than to oppose you. She has wakened the-" Unable and unwilling to actually speak it's name, Cara stumbles over the words a bit. "The Elder Evil."

Roland St. Jude
2009-03-20, 07:36 PM
Raven

Raven takes in the trinity of gods before him much like he has this entire extra-planar journey, with unusually rapt attention and minimal comment, reaction, or introspection. He stands fast before them as they speak, his massive frame unbowed and face and thoughts neither reverent nor irreverent -- at least until he is greeted by Bahamut. Raven was a faithful servant of Thor for a time, and cherished that relationship still, but he was not a cleric of any god. But something in Bahamut's words moved the big man.

His response to Pelor's questions come unbidden to his own lips, as his mind tells him Cara's response is the more sensible one, Prometheus sent us. Nevertheless, his soul had something else to say and Cara's final words freed the last catch on his throat:

"The Evil One must be stopped - ended or contained - as I have fought in countless lifetimes and prepared in countless others to achieve. I don't remember them all, but I feel the weight of my...self...the one you met," as he nods to Bahamut, "requiring that I succeed at this."

He stands awestruck at his own comments. So this is my mission now, too?

He recovers, if only slightly, "We needed help beyond ourselves, major help, goodness and might to overcome the darkness."

kariokie
2009-03-21, 01:16 AM
Cassy

“Hey.” Cassy says casually from the chair she’s slumped in, giving the gods a mocking salute when they appear. Her relaxed posture belies how she’s really feeling – her eyes move around the room, looking for an exit. They radiated power, and she knew better than to trust anyone with power.

Cara’s reaction causes Cassy to shift uncomfortably. Cara’s reverence for Pelor was something… well, it was a part of Cara, it wasn’t going to change, and maybe it sort of made her who she was. So, until now, it’d been a thing that meant Cara got up early or liked the sunshine (that Cassy disliked so much) or had to speak in front of a bunch of people every week. But now it was more than that. Seeing someone who was something – Cara was a powerful personality, or, quite frankly, Cassy would have nothing to do with her – become nothing, was frightening. You never want to see someone strong become weak.

Pelor’s words – that she had suffered the most pain – almost cause Cassy to spit out and where the #$@# were you when that was happening? Instead, she slouches further in her chair, willing herself to disappear, or at least be ignored until they'd done what they needed to do.

BlueWizard
2009-03-21, 04:26 AM
"That bugger's on earth?" The mighty Heironeous grunts, and stands back to think about it.

Pelor nods, "Are you surprised? Prometheus loves humans." Pelor turns back to the group, "I don't know how this slipped our watch, but it is time that the forces of the angels unite to put a stop to any Blood War unification. The one called Cthulhu is an evil force that Poseidon has contained. I doubt the fire empress did this on her own..." Pelor shows concern, serious concern, and Cara can see a burning of a little anger flicker through the eyes of all 3 gods before her.

Bahamut answers Raven, "You are to receive help, most assuredly. Right now the gods of Olympus and even Asgard march to the front of burgeoning Blood war. Countless of my dragons are prepared to risk their immortal lives. However, it is souls like yours that must take this battle on the material plane.... if you choose so... you don't have to and you can live in the world that will be the Fire Empress' if she wins. Some might even gain powerful mortal positions from her arrangement." He looks in particular at Cassy, she'll even clearly feel this. The look is not a guilty one, and she can even feel the gods trying to let her off the hook in her head.

"Don't get on that path you old dragon. Just tell them the choices you came up with, Pelor." The god of Chivalry and Justice snaps toward the befuddled looking Bahamut.

Pelor nods and turns to the group from Heironeous, "There are many ways you can help, and none of them are wrong. We have decided two would be perfect candidates for your skills. The first one is the most dangerous. A journey through the Nine Hells to confront the lords of Hell, and tell them with your own words how the Empress has betrayed them and sought to overwhelm their powers. Another path involves time-traveling, which affects you all directly. The empress has sent forces through time to destroy that which has been created in the Northern Kingdom... and also to seek out its modern 'repercussions'... meaning you all." he pauses a moment then adds, "There are more ways to help, if these seem... frightful..."

Eratosthenes
2009-03-21, 08:47 AM
Taros

Before his patron, and mighty deific liege, Taros is humbled. He draws his sword, and kneels in respect of the mighty God of valor and honor, of battle and justice.

Taros is no priest. He doesn't know how to address the Gods in any form other than actions. He is silently thankful when Cara and Raven speak up, even if he is surprised over Raven's revelations of past lives.

When their choices are given, Taros stands up straight, "Fear is irrelevant; what matters most is which houses the best chance to defeat the Fire Empress, and that-which-she-worships. We would need to know more."

dauphinous
2009-03-21, 09:31 AM
Cara

Cara wipes away the tears before standing back up slowly. She sniffles a little bit and brushes her hair back from her face with one hand, regarding Pelor. He looks a lot like she expected, and what she sees in his eyes confirms a great many things for her. The beaming smile she has cannot be dimmed by the subject at hand, despite how unpleasant both choices sound.

"Of the two, I know more about Hell than time travel, but I really know little of that, even. Cassy," she turns to regard her best friend, "what do you think?"

kariokie
2009-03-21, 11:09 AM
Cassy

"First, I think these godda... gods should stop assuming time travel or going to hell is somehow worse for me than coming to this plane. It's gaudy here and your wine is broken. So stop telling me I can chicken out just to make yourselves feel better about letting all this happen in the first place." She jabs a finger at them, annoyed at Bahamat's words that she might benefit if the Fire Empress gained power. The implication that she'd side with the empress to help herself -- well, it was a little insulting, frankly. Cassy wasn't quite sure why it was insulting, as it would be a pretty clever plan, and it wasn't like she hadn't cozied up to some pretty nasty people to save her hide in the past. But it was $#%^ing insulting, nonetheless, because it actually assumed Cassy was an even worse person than she already thought she was.

She sits up and opens her mouth to say more, possibly blasphemous things, then takes in Cara and instead slouches back into the chair. "Well, which fixes the damn problem? Which is a better option? We go back in time and, what, we prevent them from carrying out some plan, then they just go and make more plans. But we go to hell and have a chance of ruining all this bitc- woman's plans? That about right?"

BlueWizard
2009-03-21, 07:15 PM
When Cara and Taros speak the gods listen respectfully, and were going to answer.

However, when Cassy speaks Heironeous turns to Bahamut furrowing his auburn brows, looking hard at the old man in yellow. "She's been through enough without you given her a hard time, 'great' dragon. If the Council allowed us we should give her an immunity... but those rascals like drawing water from stones...." Bahamut sits and bows an apology to Cassy.

Pelor tries to answer all, "There is no 'better' way. Or a simple fix. Going to Hell is most dangerous, but the Council will allow us some protections while you are there... Many of our agents are in action now, so regardless of where you help in this war it will help the greater good. You might want to stick closer to your time and home. There is a place where the forces of Cthulhu have penetrated relatively close to the Northern kingdom. A place known as the Lost Valley. It has become home to evil forces. One might begin there... from there a whole host of additional paths may open for you. I believe this may be more suitable?" He turns to Cara actually asking her with questioning eyes. He does want to please his young follower. And Cassy can sense genuine concern about her recent and on-going problems.

GNUsNotUnix
2009-03-22, 03:29 PM
Wrick

Wrick trembles, then falls into a seated position on the floor, his legs unwilling to hold him. His race and stature only make more convincing his childlike appearance in the presence of these gods. His eyes are too heavy for him to raise, and his gaze settles at their feet. His face falls into a calm previously alien to his visage, the first time in memory that Wrick has been completely expressionless. In a quiet, low voice, he murmurs,

"When I touched the Abyss, I felt hatred so broad and so deep that it needed a plane all its own to house it. Now, it seems that Hell, too, may greet me one day soon. More so than most, I know now the feelin' of fragility against vaster things than I. But if ya want me, anyway . . . I'll serve ya in this task."

kariokie
2009-03-22, 04:28 PM
Cassy

"I don't want to go to the Abyss. I m- I don't want to. I'll go, if we have to, but if all the options are the same, I-" Cassy cuts herself off before she says more, crossing her arms and withdrawing into her chair.

dauphinous
2009-03-22, 05:16 PM
Cara

Nodding to Cassy, Cara says evenly, "I would prefer to head into this valley. I do not think Hell is a place that we should go, even as emissaries. Let us do what we do best, which is to shine a Light on our enemies and let-" she stops awkwardly, realizing that she's in the actual presence of the deity whose name she was about to invoke. "Let them know they are not safe there. Or anywhere else."

Eratosthenes
2009-03-22, 07:03 PM
Taros

"The Valley it is." Cassy and Wrick's reaction to the idea of venturing into the Abyss, or the Nine Hells, sealed it. They would perhaps someday have to venture to those damned realms, but if they could accomplish their mission without, all the better.

And it would be good to tackle their foe head on. Taros was beginning to think he preferred his deities in their realm, and he in his.

BlueWizard
2009-03-23, 03:33 AM
"The Lost valley it is..." Pelor nods, "You have all been brave in coming here. Often the forces of the lower planes watch petitioners, so be wary in seeking us, but do not fear it for we welcome you. This won't be the last time we meet. Do not worry about the overall war. Whatever you do may seem insignificant, but it is very important that you do it."

Bahamut is silent, and watches you all with sparkling eyes of admiration.

Heironeous nods, "Truly at your core you are warriors for justice. Your duty is to fight. Those who have joined the forces against justice and righteousness have to perish. The good must be protected. One must understand and do what is right. Everyone that is born must die. And as long as you follow ways similar to that of the teachings of the good Sun, or the righteousness of chivalry, the deaths you cause will all be part of the cycle. The son of the Phoenix can tell you all about that circle." His copper eyes looked to Raven.

Roland St. Jude
2009-03-23, 04:09 PM
Raven

Despite the almost overwhelming sense of seriousness and good will radiating from the beings before them, Raven almost laughed. In a sense, following the chivalry god's metaphor, he had been walking in circles the last several thousand years. Not entirely inaccurate, I suppose, if unflattering.

"We will do good and do well."

dauphinous
2009-03-24, 09:24 AM
Cara

The audience seems to be at an end, and Cara doesn't really know anything that she didn't know before. It's a strange feeling. She always expected that being in the presence of of a God would cause some kind of revelation about the mysteries of life or the universe, or something. Cryptic phrases and metaphors. Profound statements. Prophecies.

Maybe there's something going on here that she isn't seeing or hearing, and she'll have to take some time to puzzle it out later. All she can say with certainty is that neither Heironeous nor Pelor seem to have any issues with their faithful or their choice of companions, or really anything they've done of late. That's something.

Without regard for any sorts of matters of etiquette, Cara takes a step forward and gives her God a big hug. It just strikes her as the tone she wants this strange jaunt to end with.

kariokie
2009-03-25, 01:13 AM
Cassy

"Seriously?" Cassy counts off on her fingers everything incorrect that Heironeous said. "I ain't a warrior, #$@% justice, I don't have any sort of duty, I ain't gonna die any time soon, and I don't follow anyone's ways but mine." She stands up and pulls her hood a little further down, masking her green eyes, then grabs her staff. "Alright, time to save the world." She points the staff at the gods, "You gonna give us a lift or what?"

BlueWizard
2009-03-25, 07:42 AM
Pelor warmly welcomes the hug from Cara, and fills her with heavenly warmth on his return squeeze. He senses Cara's confusion, and tries to correct her, "Believe it or not. You set this in motion. If it had not been for you following Promentheus's suggestion, Bahamut and the dragons would not have been alerted. The time in which things occur to you now may confuse you, but your actions here have aided in more ways than you know."

Bahamut responds directly to Raven, "I know you will."

Heironeous hears Cassy, and actually blushes a little, "I use warrior in the sense of war... I apologize to your sorcery ways... and I trust your actions however you call it. Killing the evil nobles who wronged you, dear Cassy, is justice in my eyes. If that is how you act, you've done right by me so far." He seemed to get stronger as he spoke, and gave Taros a nod as if to say he approved of Cassy regardless, for what it was worth.

Bahamut answers Cassy's last request, "We'll get you to the Valley, but you must understand some months have passed. You will not have aged, but things might've changed when you return. In part it was the evil wild magic, the other part was to save you. Your actions, where ever you end up from here, have already reverberated across the Multiverse. Don't you forget it, because the Fire Empress and her minions will not."

Pelor will open a portal, it will be a silvery mirror color with no reflection, "Elfin and dragon magic is compromised on your plane, so I will get you where you want to be. I want to help more...however, the Council will not allow me to give you physical gifts. We will each bless you in our own way while you venture into the Valley of the Lost. Farewell brave ones, may each one of you find the happiness you deserve."

OOC- When you enter the silver portal you will be imbued with a god blessing that will be in effect while in the valley.
+2 to key ability score {for those with confusing ones I'll let you decide}
+1 to all saves
+1 to AC

dauphinous
2009-03-25, 10:14 AM
Cara

This was what she was expecting. The warmth and comfort of the Shining Hand that she felt when deep in prayers. Cara steps away from Him a bit reluctantly, but once that step is taken, the surety of purpose is clear in her stance and movements. She steps through the portal fearlessly, with only a fleeting thought that perhaps a few prep spells might have been wise to cast before doing so. Then again, who knows how God Portals affect such things.

Eratosthenes
2009-03-25, 10:45 AM
Taros

Leave it to Cassy to backtalk the Gods, themselves. With a smirk, Taros salutes Heironeous once again, before entering the portal. The young sorceress may claim she's no warrior, but he knew otherwise.

Bolstered by a new found sense of confidence and calm, Taros walks boldly towards the silver portal, and their destiny ahead.

{+2 Charisma/Saves/AC}

kariokie
2009-03-25, 03:32 PM
Cassy

Her sharp mind homes in on the most important point. "The rest of the world aged and we didn't? This is going to be great for my skin." With little else to say to the gods -- they certainly knew how she felt about them, and despite their kind words (always have to spin if you're going to keep followers, of course) Cassy's life had shown her exactly how little they cared about her -- she steps through the portal.

Roland St. Jude
2009-03-25, 06:45 PM
Raven

Raven's thoughts go immediately to his son. With an inward sigh, he realizes that not only has he missed more of his son's life, he's missed it in the blink of any eye. It felt like standing still, like losing important time that could have been spent with family or on the journey to make a better world for them. As always, nothing to be done but take the next step.

Raven salutes the three deities with a quick nod and follows his companion into the portal.

BlueWizard
2009-03-25, 07:14 PM
Before you is a paradox, but then just having come from the presence of godly avatars, this shouldn't surprise you.

In Cassy's recent understanding of the northern geography she will know she is far into the Northern mountains. Farther North than even the frozen castle of the recently deceased king of the North. Though remembering what the old man, Bahamut, said, time had passed, so recent might be a misnomer.

The sky was bright blue and bitter cold. Behind you was white, glacial covered mountains, and in front of you a tropical forest in a deep valley. At the far end of the lush and diverse valley, one could see the possible reason for this strange mix of paradise in the near-Arctic mountains. A great smoking volcano created the flow of 3 rivers that split this huge valley, and then sunk into the mountain below you.

There are strange massive lizard-type creatures, that only the legends speak of. The Dinosaurs. Most of what remains of these beasts is spoken only in wizard museums. Everyone will have heard of them in children tales, but seeing the massive beasts spread out through the jungle boggled your mind. Though from your vantage point high up on this cold mountain didn't even give you the splendor that one must feel if you were in one of these ancient beast's close proximity.

You seem to glimpse distant temples and step pyramids peeking out of the jungle on the far side of the valley. There is smoke from this settlement area, the classic sign of active intelligent habitation.

kariokie
2009-03-25, 07:56 PM
Cassy

Cassy's voice takes on a mocking tone, "Have fun saving the world, and oh, you might want to bring a jacket." Then she spots the jungle below, "Or a sundress." She rummages through her haversack -- not needed, of course, but for effect -- before pulling out a thin oak wand. She taps herself on the nose with it, then Cara, then the others. "Either way, we're covered."

Taking a moment to truly look around, Cassy chews her lip for a second, then mutters. "We're way north. And if one of those giant lizard things eats me I'm gonna be pissed."

Hey, guess who has a wand of Endure Elements left over from the desert?
5 charges used.

Eratosthenes
2009-03-25, 08:06 PM
Taros

"I'm sure anything swallowing you will suffer considerable heartburn for its troubles," Taros quips, deadpan. He nods his thanks for the magical protection. Shifting his equipment in preparation for the march, Taros heads downslope towards the jungle, and the distant pyramids.

{Edit: Cassy beat me to the first post...}

GNUsNotUnix
2009-03-25, 10:22 PM
Wrick

Wrick's face is still somber, though growing back into its old mold as time wears on. As Cassy enchants the halfling, one corner of his mouth tips upward.

"So, ya got another one of those to protect against dinosaurs, aye? Even tall folk are bite-sized for some of the big ones."

BlueWizard
2009-03-26, 01:05 AM
As Taros steps over the threshold that is the edge of the valley over the ice-covered peak, he can feel the warm air brush over him. At the same moment he is nearly sickened by the evil taint that has infected what was once a perfect paradise. If it wasn't for the goodwill that surrounds himself and the group, the evilness would've made many of you too ill to pass. There is a strange mid-point here, where there is ice and no ice, with no melting point between on the peak of this ridge.

On first appearances it looked safe and exciting in an exotic way that dangerous animals can make you feel, at the same time, the wary adventurer could feel something amiss in the land of magic.

Cassy and Wrick could both feel that Dimensional Travel magic likely would be fouled up, for they sense the ode of wild magic in the air. Along with a thick case of arcane evil.

Cara would also feel this taint, and the blessings probably only made her feel even more hardened against the full evilness residing here. Even Cassy wouldn't like it normally.

There were four ways of approaching the volcano side to the North, Taros noted as he began his trek downward.

The three rivers split the valley into four large slivers. The smallest being to the left, where the river forms marshlands near a lake at the base and the western wall of the valley. Massive creatures that Wrick believes are called brachiosaurus roam and eat gobs of vegetation.

On the other side of the lake, is a vast plain, with currently yellowed grasslands. The vegetation is tall, and smaller man-sized dinos seem to be zipping in and out of the savannah, among other odd beasts with plate-sails, and tri-horned helms.

The middle river divides the plain from a great green forest. Colorful lizard-looking birds can be seen here. Enormous birds with massive rainbow tails flutter along with enormous insects, a dragonfly bigger than a wagon can be seen flitting there. Huge trees are actually ferns. Some plants look alive.

This forest is split by a gushing river that disappears into a massive hole below you. It looks like a Grand Fall to the center of the earth, and the roar from it can be heard easily, likely all over the valley. The eastern region was the largest and looked to cover most of the western river. It looks like a dark foreboding jungle. There was definitely life there, but it likely lurked in the dark 24/7 under the thick canopy.

As you descend you can tell that depending on the route down the mountain, you will end up in one of these 4 areas. All of them with potential dangers.

dauphinous
2009-03-26, 08:23 AM
Cara

"'Way north'? They did call it the 'Lost Valley'. Far north seems like a good place to put something if you want to lose it." Cara grimaces a little as she steps across into the heated zone, the palpable evil of the place not enough to make her want to go back, but quite enough to make her frown a bit. "Thank you," she says in response to Cassy's wand use, then she sets her helm on her head again and replaces her gauntlet on her hand.

"I would rather walk in the Light of the Sun than not. That plain," she points at the yellowed grasses, "at least seems like the land itself will not be inhospitable, though I rather doubt the inhabitants will be friendly."

kariokie
2009-03-28, 02:17 AM
Cassy

All of the options looked equally unappetizing to her -- especially because of Taros' and Wrick's quips -- but she nods to Cara anyhow. "Okay, grass, fine. At least we can see them coming out in the open. Gives me time to put some salt on the hobbit and get to hiding behind you, tin can." She turns to Wrick, as if offering some sage advice. "I don't have to outrun the dinosaur. I just have to outrun you, my stubby-legged companion." And I am a damned good runner.

BlueWizard
2009-03-28, 02:50 AM
The tall grass of the plain is about 6 feet high judging by your estimates from here. Man-sized creatures can be seen zipping around at lightning speeds creating a wake of yellow grass-waves as they pass.

At the far end of the valley, maybe 8 miles away the plain connects with the rest of the eastern forest as it covers the northern valley. This is the area where the buildings peek out.
{It appears that there might be four area of settlement.} -Raven's analysis.

At this point however, it seems the last 4 miles in all direction are under forest, but the true type of vegetation is hard to see from here.

The valley is about 14 miles to the peak of the volcano to the north and nearly 8 miles wide to the east and west. By no means is the width exactly this, as the valley wall is quite jagged.

dauphinous
2009-03-28, 08:23 AM
Cara

Slipping her mace free of her belt and grasping it firmly, Cara nods. "In the face of equally unappetizing choices, go with the Sun." She moves, as usual, with a purposeful stride. "I think a few spells might be in order, actually." noting this, she slows down a little and runs through her longest lasting spells.

Casting...
Magic Circle Against Evil using rod of Extend: CL 13, 260 minutes (4.3 hours)
Greater Status on everyone (4 targets): CL 12, 12 hours
Crown of Smiting (PHB2) on Taros: CL 12, 12 hours

GNUsNotUnix
2009-03-28, 10:59 AM
Wrick

Wrick chuckles to Cassy, then picks up his pace. Without turning his head, he remarks,

"Aye, but I bet not everyone here can fly!"

Glancing about his surroundings (or at least as much of them as a short halfling in tall grass can), Wrick remarks,

"Ya know, that might not be a bad plan, flyin', I mean. Teleportin' us across the way seems a bad move; the magic here might interfere, and teleportation is never as sure as foot over foot. Still, I'd wager I could cut a few hours off our trip."

In any case, Wrick casts one spell or another, and a faint outline of armor briefly appears about his person.

Mage armor (duration 10 hours, +4 AC)

BlueWizard
2009-03-28, 10:20 PM
The group decides for now to go toward the plains. You get away from some of the giant falls' roar, and make your way to the eastern side of the lake. The middle river on the opposite side over the plain from the lake goes sleepily into the mountain underground. {compared to the rushing eastern river}
It is clear all the bodies of water have currents, and getting sucked down into those could be dangerous.

The lake is full of massive beasts as large as war galleons. But, they pay you no heed and continually eat the vegetation. There are also large things creating wake in the water, but they don't pop their lizard heads up too high to be seen.

At the base where the plain meets the southern part of the valley, three triceratops can be seen lumbering about with their helmet heads and triple horns. They are HUGE creatures, that seem to be acting like this areas' guardians. There is something not right about them, and even if you try to avoid them they will move to meet you.

It is hard to make them out, as the tall grass covers part of them, but they are clearly trying to 'greet' you. Taros will be able to tell when he is close enough and still up the slope, that they radiate evil, and indeed the closer you get to these beasts the more apparent that is to you all.

Eratosthenes
2009-03-28, 10:41 PM
Taros

"Something wicked this way comes...and fast. En guard." Taros draws his sword, uttering a prayer to Heironeous - hard to believe just moments ago he was in his deity's presence - before invoking a spell of warding.

Cast Greater Luminous Armor, duration 6 hours

dauphinous
2009-03-29, 05:58 AM
Cara

"I suppose it was too much to hope for, that anything here might just be an animal. I cannot help but wonder, at this moment, if even the squirrels are creatures of darkness here." As it becomes clear that these three horned creatures will not be ignored, Cara runs swiftly through the intonation that calls a minor blessing down upon them all.

Cast Bless: CL 12, 12 minutes

Active spells:
Magic Circle Against Evil, 260 minutes (4.3 hours)
Greater Status, 12 hours
Crown of Smiting (Taros), 12 hours

BlueWizard
2009-03-29, 06:23 AM
Cassy knew something was up with these beasts, but Wrick and his travels gave him exact knowledge of this evil arcana. It was corruption magic, one that the evil forces of Abyss tend to use.

GNUsNotUnix
2009-03-29, 08:10 AM
Wrick

Wrick's face begins to twitch again as the group approaches the behemoth beasts.

"They may not be lookin' to eat us, but these lizards are as tainted as the entire valley . . ."

Wrick's words trail off into incantations as he lifts off, straight into the air.

Casting fly, 10 minute duration at 60ft movement.

Roland St. Jude
2009-03-29, 10:08 PM
Raven

Spotting the huge creatures, Raven reconsiders his usual tactic - rushing headlong at the enemy - at least for now. He casts a quick spell, thankful at least to be fighting these beasts out in the open.

Enlarge Person

BlueWizard
2009-03-30, 02:03 AM
The dino-beasts can't climb up the steep slope, but they are at the base attempting to block your passing into the tall grass. There is a space between the slope and the area where the tall grass is. This is about 10 feet wide, part of their massive heads peek out, and Wrick will be confirmed on the corruption. Their skin has a mottled gray tone to it, and their eyes are reddish, not like a fiend, but as if they are horribly blood-shot.

OOC- These triceratops will be enable to engage you until the base of the slope is reached, so many prep spells can be readied here.

Wrick's knowledge: Damage reduction, perhaps multiple types, these beast deal vile damage, have fast healing, and they are tougher than normal. Also the horns of these huge beasts seem even longer than they should be.

dauphinous
2009-03-31, 09:23 AM
Cara

As the group rushes to meet these three horned creatures, Cara pushes out the power for just one more spell, tapping Raven with it. Doing her best to keep up with Taros and Raven, which, thanks to her boots, she can, she moves in with them to apply her mace to this threat.

Cast Protection from Evil on Raven: CL 13, 13 minutes.
After that, I'm good to smash.

GNUsNotUnix
2009-03-31, 01:35 PM
Wrick

At the sight of the corrupted creatures, Wrick yells down to the group, "These brutes are tougher than steel; concentrate on 'em one at a time or they'll be full force again before ya can finish the job!"

Wrick extends a finger in the direction of the beast nearest the divide as he mutters in another tongue, and a glittering beam leaps toward his target.

Ray of Enfeeblement, ranged touch at +9, 1d6+5 Str damage for 10 min.

Eratosthenes
2009-03-31, 02:10 PM
Taros

Gathering his strength, Taros invokes his deity before to engage with the beasts of corruption. He feels an upwelling of strength and confidence - a comfortable familiar sense that only his resolute faith can provide.

Taros also lays a hand on Raven's shoulder while pronouncing a quick benediction. "With valor and glory..." he utters quietly, bestowing the blessing on the warrior.

Finally, he lifts his sword up high, and charges one of the beasts (not struck by Wrick's spell).

Divine Vigor: +24 Temp HPs, +10 MR (30 MR now) 4 minutes
Aid on Raven: + [roll0] temp hps, +1 attack (morale) 5 minutes
Swift Action: Cast Rhino's Rush for x2 charge damage
Charge Smite Attack: [roll1]
Damage: ( [roll2] +44 ) x2 = 102 slash damage + [roll3] Electrical damage

HP 113+24/113 AC 31 (29 w/ Charge, Opponents have -4 to hit in Melee from Greater Luminous Armor)

kariokie
2009-03-31, 05:50 PM
Cassy

"If you need me I'll be way the hell out of the way." As they prepare Cassy casts a couple of spells. A few quick Draconic words and she's flying a ways above the group, keeping pace with them (the better to not be impaled, eaten or otherwise harassed). Then a dismissive wave with a few other words speeds up the group. Finally, once the meatheads meet the hornheads, she lazily points at one of the dinosaurs and sends a jet of flame towards it.

Fly on Cassy
Haste on the group as they close in, 12 rounds
Once everyone's hasted she'll fly up 30 feet and remain directly above the fight
Then, eh, Scorching Ray on one Wrick doesn't weaken, touch attack x3, +8 to hit, 4d6 damage each hit. Would roll for myself but the site is wacky and I'm in a bit of a rush!

Roland St. Jude
2009-03-31, 06:31 PM
Raven

Raven nods in thanks to the others for their spells. As he continues to move toward their giant foe, he adopts a battle stance and draws his great adamantine blade. At Taros' cry to charge, he does so too, leaping into the air and combining forces as the hobbit suggests, striking at the same beast as Taros.

Child of Shadow Stance (gains concealment 20% miss chance)
AC: 23 (vs. Evil w/charge & pwr atk/shocktrooper penalty) HP: 71 +9 temp
Presently Large and under the effects of: Enlarge person, Bless, Prot. From Evil, Status, Haste, Aid

Leaping/Charging/Power Attack/Shock Trooper
[roll0] (PA 10 penalty shifted to AC)
[roll1] x2 Valorous blade Total: 110

If he connects, he releases the Shocking Grasp in his blade for [roll2] - no save.

BlueWizard
2009-03-31, 09:04 PM
The beasts below seem steamed as the party delays and 'spells-up'. When the group moves, Cassy hastens the group, and the action begins!

With her troops moving in Cassy sends her jet of flame from above at the triceratops that Wrick is not aiming at. It sizzles and burns the gray mottled face of one of the huge creatures, but seems to more annoy it than hurt it. {d:14}

Wrick also flying above hits another with his coruscating ray, and whithers the muscles of the massive beast. It stumbles, now weakened under its massive weight, but doesn't fall! {Str loss: 10}

Raven is swift down the slope, and sees the nearby triceratops and its singed face. He slices his sword hard behind the neck-shield, and splits open the stinky flesh. A grayish red blood oozes out of the nasty strike. {-110} Raven even sees the electrical charge jolt through the beast, but it still doesn't kill it. {-20} {Some of the damage is absorbed, but most got through!}

The dinosaurs are so big that only two of them are able to converge on Raven against the slope. The two can't charge, but try to massively gore Raven with their tri-pronged attack. Both are able to strike him, even though the shadows made it more difficult. {d:24+8v and 29+8v} Raven is violated, and can feel that there a sick pain in the stab that won't heal easily. {VILE damage!}
The other triceratops, the weakened one, turns around running. The earth rumbles because of its feet. Those in the air can see it is setting up for a mad charge as it makes the U-turn movement, weakened, but still mighty!
These things could easily trample you, or all of you.

Cara's spells are on! And she charges with Taros actually keeping up with him, and passing him for an attack. She can actually fight on the slope, and attack down, but manages only to deflect off the injured beast's bloody head.

Taros and his leaping death attack nearly finishes the heavily injured dinosaur. Coming down hard between the two main horns, Taros split the huge hard skull, and cut into the brain. The beast groans loudly, but doesn't quite fall over! Icky blood gushes onto the ground here.

End Round 1------------------------->

Initiatives:
Cassy 19+6
Wrick 19+3
Raven 17+6 hp 2/71
Triceratops
Cara 5+1
Taros 2+1

Roland St. Jude
2009-03-31, 09:59 PM
Raven

Raven responds to the vicious attacks by instantly unleashing the vengeful fire within - engulfing the most wounded beast's head in a wreath of fire.

Fire Riposte (Level 2 Desert Wind Manuever)
Immediate Action

[roll0]
[roll1]

GNUsNotUnix
2009-03-31, 10:09 PM
Wrick

True to his own advice, the halfling will launch a volley of missiles at the now fatally wounded triceratops (or, should Cassy kill it first, the charging one). As each orb of force snaps down on the beast, Wrick's visage lapses briefly to a scowl, which retreats as quickly as it advances.

5 missiles, 1d4+1 damage

Roland St. Jude
2009-03-31, 11:27 PM
Raven

Raven rides the wave of fury and unleashes a flurry of attacks on the nearest vile monster before leaping back to higher ground.

Hasted Full Attack

[roll0]
[roll1]

[roll2]
[roll3]

[roll4]
[roll5]

Sudden Leap - Tiger Claw Maneuver Level 1
Swift Action - Move equal to Jump Check [roll6] = 44 ft
Tumble check to avoid AoOs, if any [roll7] (DC15)

dauphinous
2009-04-01, 06:26 AM
Cara

With the inherent knowledge that Raven is hurt, and badly so, Cara pulls back some and calls upon the Light. Her movement takes her close enough to just brush a hand across him, never dropping her guard. If he wasn't hurt so horribly, she might take the time to make sure the Vileness encroaching on his soul could be dealt with by this spell alone. But there's no time for that now.

Cast CCW boosted by TU, defensively, on Raven.
Cast defensively DC is 19: [roll0]
Healing amount is: [roll1] * 1.5 = 66

Eratosthenes
2009-04-01, 06:34 AM
Taros

The fury and resilience these defiled beasts show were more than Taros had expected; he had underestimated their power, and unfortunately Raven had born the full brunt of their attacks.

But Taros knew Raven could handle himself. Nothing left to it but give them what for.

Eying the beast maneuvering for a charge, Taros strikes at the closest horned creature.

Use a 5' step to try to put the still living beast (assuming the other one is down by his action) between Taros and the charger.
Full Attack Action (Fighting defensively):
Att: [roll0] Dam: [roll1] + [roll2] Electricity
Att: [roll3] Dam: [roll4] + [roll5] Electricity
Haste Att: [roll6] Dam: [roll7] + [roll8] Electricity

Shield Att: [roll9] Dam: [roll10]
Shield Att: [roll11] Dam: [roll12]

AC 35 (Opp. have -4 to hit in melee) HP 137/113

kariokie
2009-04-01, 05:21 PM
Cassy

Cassy sighs in annoyance and briefly examines her nails. Having to exert any sort of energy for a bunch of brainless beasts seemed like a waste, even if they were superevil (and what wasn't, really?). She'd rather stay out of the way and lob the mystical equivalent of spitballs at them, basically phoning it in from 30' above the fight. Not really out of any desire to see anyone on the ground harmed, but more because she wasn't really needed for this sort of thing. The meatheads could usually just handle it. She'd, you know, be there to banish demons or disintegrate vampires or whatever.

"Stop gettin' hurt or I'm gonna hafta use real spells, dummies." She again points her hand at a Tricerawhatever and sends out three jets of flame, this time aiming for the one near death.

Second verse, same as the first. Scorching Ray. Remember it's 3 rays at this level, 4d6 damage each ray, can crit. Did you use 3 rays last round Blue?

BlueWizard
2009-04-01, 07:32 PM
Retro:
Cassy's scorching rays would've helped put the injured triceratops over the top, and when Taros came crashing down into its brain the blow ceased bodily functions in it immediately!

Raven's Fire Riposte then could help injure the other one on him, and burns the beast for a little fire damage.

Round 2:
Cassy seeing that actually 3 scorching rays are helping this battle, launches 3 more. :smallwink: {OOC- Has been a while since the books and I were one.} Cassy's flame fries the beast and it gives a primordial roar of anger. {fire damage: 14, 13, 12.... so many 1's and the first one was looking so good...}

Wrick easily spots the triceratops in the grass as it tries to maneuver for a charge. His 5 magic missiles pelt it hard. {d:21}

Raven takes the pain of being gored, and stays in to slash the last beast facing him. With a flurry of attacks he slices the creature all three times, and then does a spectacular backflip, that almost looks like flying. He lands perfectly some ways up the slope out of immediate harms way.

The Triceratops near the dead one is angry that its food got away, and decides to trample the paladin. It rushes over him and begins pummeling Taros beneath his feet. {reflex 4+15 fails; damage:33} Taros is knocked to the ground and hurt, but experiences no vile damage from the attack.

The weakened beast has made the U-turn and is now charging toward those at the base of the slope.

Cara can see Taros is still okay beneath the huge monster's feet, and knows she needs Raven back in fighting condition. With careful concentration and a boost her healing touch makes Raven feel much better. {+66}

Paused on Taros' action----------------------------->

Taros is not pinned, but the successful trample has made things a little different. If he wants, I'll let him use the rolls for attacks on the triceratops' belly, as the paladin fights on his back, but then he's even more vulnerable to more trampling.

Initiatives:
Cassy 19+6
Wrick 19+3
Raven 17+6 hp 55/71 {16 vile}
Triceratops
Cara 5+1
Taros 2+1 hp:80/113

dauphinous
2009-04-01, 08:22 PM
Cara

Free to do as she pleases for the moment, Cara steps get the best position she possibly can to smash her fiery mace into some dinosaur hide. Her mace flares into fiery brilliance, and she swings it forcefully, shoving at the creature with her shield, as well.

AC 29 HP 91/91

Full attack:
Mace1: 1d20+12 1d8+3 1d6(fire)
Mace2: 1d20+7 1d8+3 1d6(fire)
Mace, Haste: 1d20+12 1d8+3 1d6(fire)
Shield: 1d20+11 1d4+1

Shield is nonmagical.
*sigh* I had roll tags, but I have forgotten how to use the board roller here properly. Just roll it for me, Blue.

Active spells:
Bless
Greater Status
Magic Circle Against Evil
Protection From Evil (Raven)
Crown of Smiting (Taros)

Eratosthenes
2009-04-01, 08:30 PM
Taros

"Stupid...godsdamned...blasted thing..." Taros rolled over after getting pummeled and thrown about in the dirt - he had avoided being crushed by the huge creature - and stood.

"Get back over here and fight like...like...blasted beasts." If these creatures wanted to play rodeo, Taros could be their clown. He knew his allies would be waiting for any advantages the creatures gave them.

Move Action: Stand up
Ready Action:
1) If they move to use their Gore attacks, Total Defense (+4 AC)
2) If they move to trample, move action perpendicular to their line of movement to avoid the trample/charge (can move up to 60' thanks to Haste) If that's not possible, Divine Vigor for +24 Temp HPs. Reflex save is at +12 with Haste.

HP: 104/113 AC 32 (36 w/ Total Defense) Opponents have -4 to hit in Melee (Effective 40 AC in melee if they try to Gore)

GNUsNotUnix
2009-04-01, 09:25 PM
Wrick

Wrick winces a bit at the sight of Taros under the feet of the mighty ceratopsian, but his eyes return to his target. Not eager to see the paladin trampled and charged in the same day (or even on different ones), Wrick rains down another volley on the incoming beast.

Magic missile, 5 missiles, 1d4+1

Roland St. Jude
2009-04-01, 09:36 PM
Raven

The backflip was a risky move, even more so against such a large foe who could probably have finished him off with a single blow. But his options were limited. These dinos hit hard. As he lands on his feet, Raven feels surprisingly healthy and strong, except for a nagging - palpably evil - pain in his chest. Praise all the good gods for healers.

Not spotting Taros in the fray, Raven grimaces and throws himself back to the front line. No way the thing took Taros down in one blow - no way.

Wrapped in a mixture of shadow and flame, the twelve foot tall Raven leaps forward into the melee.

AC: 23 (vs. Evil w/charge & pwr atk penalty) HP: 55
Presently Large and under the effects of: Enlarge person, Bless, Prot. From Evil, Status, Haste

Charge/Leap/PowerAttack
[roll0]
[roll1] Valorous x2 = 126

Searing Charge manuever (fly rather than run and add 5d6 fire damage to charge)

[roll2]

If the one that Raven attacks still lives after this attack, or if the other one charges, Raven quick casts Dimension hop to move 40' 90 degrees out of the way as an swift action. (Quick cast is a 1/day duskblade ability; Raven only uses this if needed to avoid an attack.)

kariokie
2009-04-02, 01:14 AM
Cassy

"Oh yeah, Taros. That'll tell them," Cassy says dryly, rolling her eyes and launching another three jets of flame at the dinosaurs. Her flying posture has taken what could be best called a "lounging position" as she floats in the air above the fight on her side, one arm pointed down towards the beasts, the other propping her head up. "Are we finished yet?"

BlueWizard
2009-04-02, 01:47 AM
From last Round:
Taros is able to move to the beast's side, stepping up from under it and readying himself. He can see the triceratops' huge red eyes roll to the side to view him in annoyance. Taros readies himself, and awaits the enemy's moves.

Round 3:
Cassy in relaxed floating position above rains down more fire upon the sore creature. It moans again as it realizes it can't get to the human raining fire upon it. {d:16, 12, 11}

Wrick launches more magic missiles at the charging, but weakened triceratops. {d:13.... :smallfrown:}

{OOC- Lots of 1's for the casters. Sorry.}

This time Raven leaps down the slope, and strikes a much more wounded lizard. He sticks his blade deep into the beasts back and can tell by the gush of blood, that he hit its heart. The triceratops moans and keels over, dead by the time it hits the earth.

The rest of you aren't out of danger yet, and since no matter where Taros moved on the ground, the charging lizard could make a straight line through the grass. He can however use the massive dead bodies as a temporary shield, and give himself a moment to avoid and cancel the charge.

The charging creature is angry, and the ground rumbles as it nears. Its charge is stolen as all the attackers on the ground are behind its huge dead brothers. The beast is still big, and can move over the dead to attack. Taros can put up a defense from the gore, but it is attempting to maul Raven as it rears over one of the dead monsters.
{OOC- And going with my slew of 1's.... another and then a confirmed fumble, but only because of the weakness!}
The creature seemed to have all the advantage on goring Raven as it tore over its dead brother. However, it must've slipped and instead impales the dead triceratops before it, temporarily giving attackers an advantage as it tries to pull its head free.

Cara pummels the beast as she joins the fray, and finds it a lot harder than it looks. She does leave a little bruise with her shield, though. {d:3}

End Round 3----------------------------->

OOC- Taros is now on initiative with the Triceratops... due to the fact that it was attempting to gore, but went for Raven. Is this agreeable?

Initiatives:
Cassy 19+6
Wrick 19+3
Raven 17+6 hp 55/71 {16 vile}
Triceratops
Cara 5+1
Taros 2+1 hp:104/113

kariokie
2009-04-02, 01:56 AM
Cassy

"Booooo-ring." She splays her fingers of her right hand out, then draws them back, displaying her palm. Five violet missiles appear, hovering briefly, before shooting towards the remaining dinosaur.

Magic Missile, 5d4+5

Eratosthenes
2009-04-02, 06:33 AM
Taros

With but one injured beast left, Taros rushes to engage.

Attack! Die! Kersplat! (Fighting Defensively)
Smite Attack: [roll0] Dam: [roll1] + [roll2] Electrical

AC 34 (Opp. have -4 to hit in melee) 104/113 HP

dauphinous
2009-04-02, 09:10 AM
Cara

Easily distracted by watching Taros engage these things, Cara is only half attending to her own attacks, which is probably why she has so little success. That, and entropy. She just doesn't use physical weapons much anymore. With a smirk to herself, she recalls a simpler time, when it was nearly all she used during a fight. Oh, for the days of yesteryear, when the foes were all ordinary orcs and bandits...

AC 29 HP 91/91

Full attack, if possible, otherwise, just one mace hit:
Mace1: [roll0] 1d8+3 1d6(fire)
Mace2: [roll1] 1d8+3 1d6(fire)
Mace, Haste: [roll2] 1d8+3 1d6(fire)
Shield: [roll3] 1d4+1

Shield is nonmagical.

Active spells:
Bless
Greater Status
Protection From Evil (Raven)
Crown of Smiting (Taros)

Roland St. Jude
2009-04-02, 05:36 PM
Raven

Pleased to see Taros emerge from beneath the beast, Raven locks his gaze on the oncoming beast hoping he can cast his spell quickly enough to get away. He lets out a long breath as it stumbles, goring its fallen ally.

With barely perceptible shrug, Raven takes another set of swipes at the remaining vile beast.

AC: 34 HP: 55
Presently Large and under the effects of: Enlarge person, Bless, Prot. From Evil, Status, Haste

Hasted full attack (pwr atk 5)
[roll0]
[roll1]

[roll2]
[roll3]

[roll4]
[roll5]

After his attack, he takes 5' step back. Using his 10' reach, he makes an AoO if the thing passes through a square he threatens, whether it's coming at him or someone else.

[roll6]
[roll7]

GNUsNotUnix
2009-04-02, 06:18 PM
Wrick

At Cassy's commentary, Wrick mutters, "Oh, yeah, I'm sure playin' doormat to a dinosaur is real tame for him, too."

Wrick returns his focus to the battle below and unleashes another barrage of missiles.

Magic missile, 5d4+5

BlueWizard
2009-04-03, 05:33 AM
Cassy and Wrick begin comfortably pelting the triceratops with their violet missiles from their comfortable position in the air. {Cassy: 18 ; Wrick: 15}

Raven tries to cut the beast with several hasted slashes, but is dismayed at the results. He does give it a nasty facial scar with one hard cut. {d:34}

The triceratops does not stop attacking Raven. Raven's chain is comparable to the horns of the triceratops, and cuts horrible scars in the deadly duskblade. {OOC- Once again I forgot to use reach too my full advantage. d:24 + 8v; weakness included strength loss in damage}

Cara swings her flaming mace into the triceratops; only one of her blows seems to hurt and burn it's flesh. {10 + 4 fire}

Taros comes in strong to it and puts some holy might into the beast. However, he glances of the side of the thick corrupted flesh!!

Round 4 ends---------------------------->

It will take another volley of magic missiles from the flying magic-users and a hasted attack of Raven's to finish the beast before it can gore again.

If this is agreed upon, then the battle is over, and allies have won! The last triceratops will die as Raven stabs it in the face!

Ending conditions:
Raven hp 18/71 {24 vile}
3 Dead Triceratops- corrupted
Taros hp:104/113

The rest of the party is well with only 5 rounds passed, but time is ticking....:smallamused:

kariokie
2009-04-04, 02:51 AM
Cassy

Cassy sighs dramatically when the dinosaur doesn't have good sense to just die. She sends another round of purple darts towards it, then rolls over on her back, floating in the air, looking at the sky. "If that didn't finish it, those guys are on their own." She actually means no such thing -- it's obvious to her the beast is about to drop without anything more from her -- but it's somehow enjoyable to make the little hobbit think she's that blase about the whole matter.

Once it's done, Cassy drops from the air, though not quite touching the ground. "You take me the most awesome places Cara. Really."

BlueWizard
2009-04-04, 02:54 AM
As Cassy descends she will notice that the man-sized, quick dinos are getting a little denser near you all. They stay back in the tall yellowed grasses, and are hard to make out. Wrick can see this as well from his vantage point.

dauphinous
2009-04-04, 10:29 AM
Cara

"I do my best," Cara replies with a smirk as the last of them shudders into death. She hangs her mace back on her belt, then slings her pack off of one shoulder and rummages through it, producing her scrollcase after a bit of searching. One little tug on the string holding it shut and the thing unrolls. Tugging out one page just a bit, then another, she finally selects one and reads it off.

Using a scroll of Consecrate, to be followed by a CMW on Raven. Not sure if that will have any unexpected effect on the land here, or I'd describe the effect in Cara's idiom.
[roll0] * 1.5 = 45,which should cure Vile damage because of the Consecrate effect.

BlueWizard
2009-04-04, 02:37 PM
Cara can tell her consecrated region will fade quicker than normal, but will remain long enough for her to cast the necessary spell o heal Raven. There is an evil corruption in the region, she can now understand it religiously. Its almost like a sweeping Descretation, not always active everywhere at the same time. This is clearly chaotic evil magic, from the bottomless Abyss. This land can be cured, but the source must be destroyed. {Or sources...}

The gathering of man-sized animals has reached an alarming rate. From what Cassy and Wrick can tell these are actually normal creatures, not corrupt. They walk on two legs, and come in a few variety of green-gray-yellow, even striped hues. They have nasty claws on their hands and feet. And they're snaky head has a mouth full of razor sharp teeth. Wrick has actually seen dinosaurs of the velociraptor family in zoos in his travels.

GNUsNotUnix
2009-04-04, 03:39 PM
Wrick

Spotting the uninvited crowd, Wrick shoots another aside at Cassy.

"If those brutes were so boring, would a few dozen raptors break your ennui?"

With that, Wrick launches a bead of flame at the gathering carnivores, scowling as he makes the final motion of the spell.

Fireball, 10d6, centered on the densest gathering of raptors.

BlueWizard
2009-04-04, 03:47 PM
The gathering of velociraptors is thick and Wirck can get 15 as they gather all over the grassy region.
Most of them are able to avoid some of the blast, but 7 of them collapse into burnt husks. This creates a clearing in the grass and all the other deinonychi flee in a panic, scattering everywhere, but toward the group.

Roland St. Jude
2009-04-04, 11:59 PM
Raven

"Thank you again," Raven says to Cara as her spells remove the vile damage that seemed to be burrowing into him. He suddenly felt lighter and brighter. Whatever those beasts could do, he didn't want to be on the receiving end of it again.

With a gesture of his greatsword he asks, "onward then?"

Unless he receives other healing, he quaffs a CMoW potion before moving on.
[roll0]

dauphinous
2009-04-05, 08:14 AM
Cara

No one can see the light frown inside her helmet, but Cara has rather mixed feelings about what Wrick just did. These creatures probably would have attacked them, thus necessitating killing several of them, but just blowing a bunch of them up before they can actually do anything to warrant it seems so...heartless. They're just dumb animals, after all.

On the other hand, it's is quite likely that, had the creatures swarmed them, more than just a handful would have been killed. Maybe this was the better option, at least in some ways. She shrugs lightly, a gesture generally lost under all the metal and nods to Raven, enough for it to be noticed. "Onward," is all she says. At least they had something of a path for the moment. Lemons to lemonade, and all that.

Eratosthenes
2009-04-05, 08:48 AM
Taros

The last of the beasts done, Taros sheathes his sword, and takes in the situation. Cara soothes Raven's vile wounds, and the consecration of this despoiled land feels...good.

When the blade seeks to use one of his potions, Taros waves him off. "Save it; you may need that later." Instead, the knight places a hand on the swordsman's shoulder, and calls upon the faith magic in his belt.

Wrick's fiery blast hardly fazes Taros. One less group of foes they'd need to fend off in this evil-besotted place.

Activate Healing Belt: 2 charges for [roll0] healing

kariokie
2009-04-06, 03:11 AM
Cassy

Still floating a few feet above the ground, Cassy tilts her head at Wrick's question, pretending to consider it. She rubs her chin and looks thoughtful under her dark hood. "Hmm. No. Still dull." Cassy lands as the fireball chases the creatures off. "Yeah. Onward. I can't wait to see what's next. Really."

BlueWizard
2009-04-06, 11:21 AM
The group can head onward slowly ctting through the dense tall yellowed grass. Visibility through the grass is almost nil, except the convenient clearing ahead that Wrick made. You will see little rabbit sized dino's scurry through your feet, and even a few small animals, you have trouble identifying. For now trouble with the velociraptors is not a problem.

OOC- Just a moment at the hotel, I'll be back tomorrow! :smallcool:

BlueWizard
2009-04-08, 02:28 AM
Progress through the tall and thick grass is slow. About 25 minutes after your encounter with the triceratops, a large cloud drifts over head. It comes from the East, and Raven will notice it isn't flowing like the rest of the wind. It will be heading directly towards you all overhead.

dauphinous
2009-04-08, 08:07 AM
Cara

"Welcome wagon?" She waves a hand to indicate the cloud vaguely. "I daresay our presence is known here. By someone, at least." She watches it drift wrongly, wondering if it will suddenly resolve into a dragon or a demon, or something. "I don't think hiding is an option, offhand, but I'd be well pleased to be wrong."

Eratosthenes
2009-04-08, 09:02 AM
Taros

"I'm thinking this desecrated land has a few surprises to throw at us, yet. The sooner we find the source of these tainted lands, the better." Taros eyes the approaching squall - or whatever it is - balefully, though still marching towards their goal.

BlueWizard
2009-04-08, 10:31 AM
The Cloud is about 120 feet in the air and roughly 60 feet in diameter.
It slows as it nears your group.

Roland St. Jude
2009-04-08, 12:27 PM
Raven

Raven eyes the oncoming cloud suspiciously. "Did that cloud just sweep in against the wind and stop unnaturally?"

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

BlueWizard
2009-04-08, 12:57 PM
Raven looks up to study the cloud, and can tell that it is very similar to the spell Fog Cloud... but controlled somehow. He doesn't get much time to study it, for as he draws attention to it, an 80 pound, perfectly round sphere of a rock comes hurtling out of the cloud. Wrick would almost think its a big cannonball, but doesn't get much time to think, as it is directed at him.

The boulder surprises you all, and it nearly crushes Wrick. It glances off him, but it nearly knocked the hobbit senseless. {d:23}

Combat May Begin:

Initiatives:
Wrick 19+3 18/41
Cara 20+1
Rock Throwing Cloud
Cassy 6+6
Raven 3+6
Taros 6+1

dauphinous
2009-04-08, 01:17 PM
Cara

"Yes," Cara blinks as the rock comes flying out, "yes, it did." She considers moving, but isn't quite sure where she should be moving to, and so stays put and channels some healing into Wrick. "I'm not really sure how to fight a cloud," she frowns and looks to Taros and Raven for tactical advice.

CMW on Wrick, through Greater Status: [roll0] * 1.5 = 34

GNUsNotUnix
2009-04-08, 01:54 PM
Wrick

Wrick's frame is significantly less solid than a boulder, and he reels momentarily as inspects himself for broken bones or missing teeth. Not eager to be felled by the next rock to fly out of . . . whatever that one flew out of, he uses his least damaged arm to conjure forth what appear to be several more of himself. A small cluster of Wricks now looks upward defiantly.

Mirror image, 1d4+3 copies with AC 14. I assume real Wrick can still receive healing without dispelling the illusion?

BlueWizard
2009-04-08, 02:39 PM
Wrick's 4 additional mirror images are confusing to look at. When Cara moves to heal him he chooses to step the correct image into her touch before melding the image back again into the mix... Wrick feels his giant nasty bruise disappear under Cara's touch.

As Cara heals Wrick another rock-ball drops from the cloud. This time on Cara. {d:21} The boulder clangs hard off her armor, leaving more than a dent and some pain in the priestess. The granite sphere embeds itself in the ground near the other boulder.

Mid-Round 1--------------------------------------------->

Initiatives:
Cassy 6+6
Raven 3+6
Taros 6+1
Official Round End......
Wrick 19+3
Cara 20+1 d:21
Rock Throwing Cloud

Eratosthenes
2009-04-08, 03:51 PM
Taros

Taros, seeing the rock come hurtling out of the cloud, can merely blink. He'd fought dragons, and undead, and all manner of monstrosities...but a rock throwing cloud?

When Wrick, followed soon by Cara, are struck by the reality of the situation, however, he steps into action. With a glance to make sure Cara is alright, he then keeps one eye on the cloud, while fumbling through his belt pouch for a vial he'd kept for just such a situation.

AC 31, 104/113 HP

Move Action: retrieve potion
Action: drink Potion of Fly

kariokie
2009-04-08, 03:54 PM
Cassy

"Really?" is all she says, addressing the cloud in an annoyed tone as the boulders thump down.

Cassy's demeanor changes slightly as she glances at the rocks. Well, of course if she anything useful she was going to be the next one to get hit with a dumb rock. She sighs and casts a spell on herself, taking off into the air. As she moves, she pulls a scroll from her pack. "Cloud will be gone soon. Figure out what's next."

Fly
Getting out the Scroll of Gust of Wind from waaaaaaaaaaay back with the orcs

dauphinous
2009-04-08, 04:21 PM
Cara

Grabbing after her leg, which was the primary beneficiary of the rock assault, Cara gives a light grunt, but makes no other indication she is in pain. It isn't too bad. Just a scratch, really. Hardly worth getting worked up over. What is worth getting worked up over, though, is that she hasn't the faintest idea what to do with herself for the moment. She could cast a number of spells, but it would be a lot smarter to wait and see what the actual enemy is. She ducks herself off to the side, hoping that her movement will be enough to make her more difficult to target.

{Full move, closer to directly under the cloud}

GNUsNotUnix
2009-04-08, 05:03 PM
Wricks

The cluster of Wricks nods thanks to Cara for her healing, then wonders aloud in a single voice, "How's a cloud filled with boulders float?"

None of the Wricks ponder the question long, though, and soon enough they run forward and begin a display of synchronous spellcasting. As they complete the ritual, a bead of flame springs forth from the Wrick on the right (or was it the left?) and toward the cloud above.

20 ft move forward, then Fireball, 10d6. The range is 800 ft, which I gather is enough to hit the cloud

BlueWizard
2009-04-08, 05:25 PM
OOC- Cara actually never had to touch Wrick, and healed the hobbit from her place in order. The boulder still flew at her, and landed relatively close to the other.

Battle against the Cloud:
Cassy imbues herself with the ability to Fly, rising some height into the air.

Raven spreads out from the group, and readies himself. {DM action}

Taros grabs his potion and drinks it. He can now Fly.

Wrick sends a fireball into the cloud. He hits something in the explosion 120 feet above you, for a moment you can just make out a giant platform in the fog cloud. There is a groan of annoyance above it.

Cara moves directly under the cloud, watching it carefully.

After the fireball, the big cloud lifts 20 more feet in the air. {to 140 feet} It launches another boulder, this time at Wrick again. He somehow targeted the correct image, and Wrick feels the pain! {d:24} Wrick is pummeled again!

End Round----------------------------->

Initiatives:
Cassy 6+6
Raven 3+6
Taros 6+1
Wrick 19+3 {+4 Images} 17/41
Rock Throwing Cloud- 140 feet up

Roland St. Jude
2009-04-08, 06:12 PM
Raven

At the brief glimpse of what lies within the cloud, Raven springs into action. He mutters a brief spell and takes off into the air after Cassy with dark shadows swirling about him as he moves. Not too long ago, the sensation of flying was new and exciting, now however, it just felt slow and unwieldy.

AC: 34 HP: 71

Cast Fly.
Fly up

Eratosthenes
2009-04-08, 07:35 PM
Taros

Spying the battle platform hidden amidst the clouds, Taros flies upwards - slowly - before invoking a spell. Divine energy channels through him as he commands the power of honor and valor, the very will of Heironeous, to strike down his foes.

Move Action: Fly upwards 20'
Standard Action: Cast Holy Smite: 3d8 damage to Evil creatures (6d6 to Evil Outsiders), and they are Blinded. Will Save DC 18 halves damage, negates blindness. Range 160' feet.

GNUsNotUnix
2009-04-08, 07:55 PM
Wricks

The halflings nurse their sides as they scurry a few steps closer to the cloud, losing themselves in their own crowd several times over.

"Who painted the bullseye on my head?"

Again, the Wricks loose a spell, a mixture of pain and frustration on their faces.

Let's see how ya do without that shroud about ya . . .

20ft move toward the cloud, then Dispel magic, 200 ft range, with a target of a 20 ft radius around the cloud. Dispel check is 1d20+10.

BlueWizard
2009-04-08, 10:48 PM
{OOC- I think we have enough actions...}

Cassy reads her old scroll, and finds it quite effective!
Her gust of wind washes away the clouds, and reveals the flying metal platform hidden. It is high above you, but you can see where Wrick's fireball burst and blackened the lower portion. On it is what appears to be an enlarged orc standing on a box and piloting strange controls. The platform seems to be producing the cloud effect. For now Cassy's Gust of Wind is washing it away. The source of the boulders is evident as Raven flies into the sky. An 18 feet tall giant stands next to a pile of more perfectly rounded granite boulders. Its skin is perfectly white, and his long hair is the color of brass. His eyes glow with an iridescent blue. He wears a fine silver mail under his robes. As he reaches for another boulder you will also see the oversized colossal morningstar resting on his shoulder.

Taros flies upward and casts his spell, which he has no problem centering on the two platform-riders. The enlarged orc gags and dies in pain collapsing next to the pile of boulders. This does not cause the platform to crash, only to stop moving. The giant is annoyed, but not blinded or hurt too bad. It seems upset about the wind, but more so over that Holy Smite.

Wrick will use the dispel over the whole ship including the giant. He will find he is unable to stop the jets producing clouds. But, he may have affected other spells in the area. :smallamused:

Cara can get ready below...

The next rock is aimed at Taros. He will find it hits him, but his armor saves him, and lessens the blow so it glances off him harmlessly. The giant doesn't seem to like that, and the rock falls to the ground near Cara.

End Round 2---------------------------------------->

Initiatives:
Cassy 6+6
Raven 3+6
Taros 6+1
Wrick 19+3 {+4 Images} 17/41

Roland St. Jude
2009-04-09, 01:22 AM
Raven

Raven mutters a spell causing his great blade to crackle with electricity briefly, the spell stored within the blade for later. As he continues his slow ascent, he hatches a plan of attack for when he gets there. If there's anything still alive up there by the time I make it.

AC: 34 HP: 71

Cast Shocking Grasp into spellstoring blade.
Fly up another 30 ft per Fly

kariokie
2009-04-09, 02:00 AM
Cassy

Continuing to rise through the air, Cassy pulls another scroll out of her pack and reads it. "Hope you aren't plannin' on movin' around much. Long way down."

Grease on the platform

dauphinous
2009-04-09, 06:24 AM
Cara

For a moment, Cara considers applying her one method of flying to herself to help out above, but it occurs to her that she can heal just fine from where she is, and that spell may be needed later. Best to save it for a more dire circumstance. She runs through a spell and puts her back to one of the boulders, suspecting that it's unlikely the giant will manage to hit the same place twice.

CMW on Wrick again: [roll0]

Eratosthenes
2009-04-09, 06:44 AM
Taros

At least the blasted contraption wasn't moving. Taros takes a moment to invigorate himself, before continuing to move upwards. He shouts to the platform, "Cease your fruitless attacks, wicked one, or face your destruction!" Taros continues upwards, making sure he's in good view of the boulder-throwing giant.

AC 31 128/113 HP
Standard Action: Divine Vigor: +24 Temp HP, +10 MR
Move Action: Up, up, and away! 25' up (Fly speed 50')

BlueWizard
2009-04-09, 09:53 AM
Cassy covers the area around the giant's feet with grease. He notices it and avoids slipping for now.

Raven charges up his sword and flies higher. The platform is 140 feet above.

Taros empowers himself, and he notices the giant's smooth white face crack with concern.

Wrick {DM action} fires 5 magic missiles as he flies up. {d:20}
{OOC- I believe he has more left. He'll be close enough for his rays next round. 'Waste no time, only spells.' Wrick motto. }
Wrick pelts the giant hard, and can tell it has no magic resistance.

Cara performs another miracle and heals Wrick from afar. The hobbit's pain suddenly disappears, double satisfaction for Wrick as he watches the giant feel his little 'boulders'' pain.

The giant is careful on the Grease, and it distracts him from throwing boulders at the moment. Cassy and Wrick will notice that the giant causes himself to Levitate, but only ever so slightly. He then reaches over to controls and moves the craft 5 more feet into the air.
{Platform at 145 feet, the cloud is slowly reforming after the Gust of Wind.}

End Round 2----------------------->

Initiatives:
Cassy 6+6
Raven 3+6 hp: 128/113
Taros 6+1
Wrick 19+3 {+4 Images} hp 41/41

Eratosthenes
2009-04-09, 11:14 AM
Taros

Motioning to Raven, he signals for the warrior to advance from directly underneath the platform where he won't be a target of the rocks. Meanwhile, Taros levels his sword at the giant upon the platform. "Your end comes."

Double move, 50' up (~95' up now), keep in view of the giant.

Doooooom! Dooooooooom! If only I had a holocaust cloak.

Roland St. Jude
2009-04-09, 02:27 PM
Raven

Raven nods to Taros and angles his way under the platform. He follows Taros's lead and quickens his pace, eschewing any other preparations. He has a word or two for this cowardly giant, though.

double move - 60'
Total height at the end of this move = 120"

kariokie
2009-04-10, 01:49 AM
Cassy

"So you mess with that, you go up, huh?" Cassy says, waving her hand towards the control box the giant adjusted to raise his altitude. "What if I do something else with it?"

Telekinesis

Feel free to give her an intelligence check, but basically if she can figure it out she is going to cast Telekinesis and use the manipulate version of it to do the opposite of whatever the giant just did to go up, lowering the platform to the guys at least, and all the way down if she can without killing anyone but the giant in the process.

dauphinous
2009-04-10, 08:59 AM
Cara

Uncertain how much effort she really needs to spend here, Cara elects to just heal herself. She keeps a watchful eye skyward, should anything be tossed down in her general direction.

Cast CLW on Cara: [roll0] * 1.5 = 19

Active spells:
Greater Status
Crown of Smiting (Taros)

BlueWizard
2009-04-10, 01:06 PM
Wrick retro: Coming.... :smallwink:

It takes a moment for Cassy to figure out the complex controls. She'll need to hold until the giant is maneuvering the craft, she can tell it is a complex screen he operates. She might have to move his hand a little bit...

Raven flies fast, and jets up close to the giant in the clouds.
Taros trailing close behind!

Wrick had actually cast Fly last round, and pelts the 'cloud' giant this round with magic missiles as he gets closer for his rays. {OOC- I took the damage from last round, it was much better and actually had three 5s.}
Wrick will realize this giant's platform is similar, but far larger to the planar-platform he helped fly with Farlgort.... way back at in the High seas. This craft is much more advanced with features and controls.

Cara takes this moment to heal herself, and watches from below. {+19}

Cassy sees that the giant uses some sort of touch screen.
Cassy will notice the giant begins banking the platform downward to crash it into Raven. It also readied the colossal morningstar on his shoulder by lifting it up a bit with one arm. He was piloting the ship with one hand.

Cassy can use her mind to actually shake the giant's controlling hand, finding she can disrupt the flight of platform a bit. The giant is super strong, but as Cassy fights merely the only ONE controlling giant's hand just a bit, she can waver the giant's speedy little flying platform on its brief and rapid descent. {It travels easily over 200 feet per round.)

What happens irritates the giant most immensely. He had hoped to crash the Huge platform into Raven, and then bring the morningstar down in one full charging action. The giant nearly lost it all including the morningstar. With Cassy testing out how she can screw with the controls as the giant nears Raven she can shake the giant's hand just enough so that the front of the platform misses Raven. The giant has amazing reach over the side and throws down the morningstar upon Raven's skull, and nearly fumbles! He steadies himself, as he is levitating, and looks to be separating from the craft momentarily. He almost lost the grip of his wicked looking tree for a weapon.
The giant is 10 feet from Raven, and he can feel air currents wanting to change from that swipe by his body.

End Round 3-------------------------------->

Initiatives:
Raven 3+6 hp: 128/113
Taros 6+1
Cara 20+1 d:2
Cassy

Eratosthenes
2009-04-10, 03:16 PM
Taros

The airborne paladin winces as the craft suddenly plummets towards Raven. When it seems to lose control, he glances down at Cassy, and realizes she must be jiggering the controls. Changing course, Taros angles to get into the melee with the giant.

AC 31 HP 128/113
Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1] + [roll2] Electrical

Roland St. Jude
2009-04-10, 09:33 PM
Raven

Raven shies away from the out of control platform. Whoa big fella! Raven darts up to the platform's edge hoping to catch the giant off-balance. He lashes out with his blade before leaping higher into the sky.

Child of Shadow Stance (20% miss chance)
AC:32 HP: 71

Move to Giant

Arcane channel Shocking Grasp (delivers touch spell via melee attack)
[roll0]
[roll1] + [roll2]

If the blow lands, Raven also unleashes the Shocking Grasp stored in his blade.
[roll3]

Touching off the platform, Raven leaps higher into the air using Sudden Leap maneuver. (Move Jump Check result [roll4] as a swift action). DC 15 Tumble to avoid AoO, if necessary [roll5].

Total height now: 162 ft.

GNUsNotUnix
2009-04-11, 11:24 AM
Wricks

Surprised by the familiarity of the craft, the kaleidoscope of Wricks takes a new interest in the giant.

"I've seen those controls before! Whose is this ship!? Where did ya get it?"

Wrick changes tactics, sending of a sparkling cloud of dust to disable the giant.

Glitterdust, DC 19 vs blindness, centered so that its radius includes the giant, but with most of it on the far side from Raven and Taros

BlueWizard
2009-04-11, 08:01 PM
Raven has seen a cloud giant before, but not one involved in stuff as evil as what is likely going down in this valley. They have levitation abilities and like to wield over-sized morningstars. When Raven comes in to attack the giant with his electric slice {total d: 59}, he is clobbered by the colossal morningstar. {d:33} With amazing ease Raven touches off the platform and does a backflip away into the air, and away from the giant. Much to the giant's annoyance.
{OOC- 20% miss chance failed to avoid the AoO coming in.}

Taros gets in there right as Raven flips away on his lightning attack. Taros' blow deflects off the giant's silver chain mail under the robes.

Wrick has seen a similar platform, though one that was MUCH smaller with totally different controls. The hobbit covers the cloud giant and the backside of the platform with glittering dust. The giant closed his eyes in time as to not be blinded.

Cassy {DM action} is tempted to use her big spells, but opts for the magic missile instead. {OOC- Hey, conservative DM...} {d:20} The giant is pelted for even more damage.

Cara holds below....

The Cloud Giant roars angrily in the giant tongue. Raven will understand it as a cloud-dialect, a curse that is not printable in some halls.

With Taros the only opponent directly on him, the cloud giant pushes back five feet with his levitation and wails on Taros with his massive weapon. Somehow, Taros is pummeled, the paladin's metal rings painfully. He is hurt bad, but still hanging in! {d:37, 33}
Note: The giant's five foot move will not make Taros go through the AoO of the giant again.

End Round 4-------------------------------->

Initiatives:
Cara d:2 holding defensively
Raven 3+6 hp 38/71
Taros 6+1 hp: 58/113
Cassy
Cloud Giant on Platform {~95 feet high}

dauphinous
2009-04-11, 08:09 PM
Cara

If she was inclined to do such, Cara would mutter a curse. Being herself, though, all she does is frown. She has to make a choice between Taros and Raven, which isn't really a choice at all. She channels the power of the Sun through to Taros, expecting that Raven will know better than to subject himself to that again before he can be healed one way or another.

CMW+TU on Taros: [roll0] * 1.5 = 43

Roland St. Jude
2009-04-11, 09:50 PM
Raven

Not expecting the giant to bring his morningstar up in time, Raven is surprised by the initial blow. He winces in pain but he responds by channeling that pain into literal flame at the giant. Graaah!

Fire Riposte Maneuver (immediate action)
[roll0]
[roll1]

Looking down from above, Raven pauses before launching himself back into the fray. He reaches into his magical haversack and draws out a potion to heal himself. He quaffs it in a greedy gulp and drifts down slightly.

AC: 32 HP:38
[roll2]

5' step down

Ending HP:59 Height: 157" (I think)

GNUsNotUnix
2009-04-12, 06:33 AM
Wricks

Not eager to see the giant's weapon collide with any more of their companions, the Wricks invoke a deafening ringing sound that focuses on the morningstar, attempting to shatter it as the giant swings.

Shatter, targeted on the morningstar. Will save DC 19, immune if the morningstar is magical . . .

Eratosthenes
2009-04-12, 08:24 AM
Taros

Going toe-to-toe with a giant wasn't always the smartest option, but Taros hoped to keep this one busy long enough for the others to take it out. Grimacing silently from the pain of the blows, he bears through the pain. "That the best you can do? And here I thought you beasts were supposed to be strong. C'mon! Give it your best shot!"

5' step to move into melee (doesn't draw an AoO)
Move Action: Goad - Will save DC 21, failure means he can only attack Taros in melee (though he doesn't have to melee, but all melee attacks are restricted; from Complete Adventurer)
Standard Action: Fight defensively! [roll0] Dam: [roll1]

AC 33 (Opponents have a -4 to hit in melee, so effectively a 37 AC in melee)
101/113 HP

BlueWizard
2009-04-12, 06:25 PM
Retro Fire: The cloud giant is quite surprised when Raven zaps him with the defensive fire riposte. {fire: 17}

Cara can see her magic worked and Taros was already moving better. {+43}
The cloud giant roars in anger, his porcelain white face begins to darken gray. It sees Cara and already doesn't like her the most.

Raven lofts himself high into the air, he pauses a moment to quaff his powerful potion. {+21}

Taros is right under the massive morningstar, and merely swings hard into the giant's leg cutting the hard white flesh open. {d:18} It completely ignores Taros' goad. laughing it off. It does say in deep gutteral common-tongue, "You are no threat to me. Puny Human. I scoff at even speaking your weak language."

Wrick casts his spell, and can tell he almost shattered the morningstar, but the giant's will is strong. He holds it together.

Cassy {DM action}: She might be cool, calm, and collected in her midnight blue and all, but she knows when the potential for a valuable ally to go down could happen at any moment. One of her most dreaded spells will be drudged up, as she taps into this giant's dark and most twisted inner fears. {Phantasmal Killer}
She most definitely succeeded in making him believe it, for he screams most horribly for a moment. His heart almost stops and it grimaces in pain as it seeks out the caster. {d:12} Spots her and says in Giant, "I eat you pickled. Tasty young female."

The giant decides to only swipe the defensive Taros once, then drops the craft in altitude, allowing Taros a free shot on its head. He cuts a blue slice in it {d:17}. The platform drops to 10 feet above Cara in a jet steam of clouds behind it. With Taros defensive, the mighty morningstar deflects off the paladin's armor again in an incredible ring of metal banging. {OOC- Taros could try to ride down with the platform if he wanted... he is basically flying over the deck of this huge thing.}

Wrick and Raven will spot sneaky velociraptors moving in on Cara. They are about 30 feet away and have been slowly moving on her from the shadows under the man-sized grass. There are at least 6 they can see in the region. These have grayish mottled tones, possible indications of corruption.

End Round 5------------------------------------>

Initiatives:
Cara d:2
Raven 3+6 hp 59/71
Taros 6+1 hp: 101/113
Cassy
Cloud Giant on Platform {~10 feet high}
More corrupted dinos?

OOC- Remind me of those with See Invisible on if any... regardless you can still make a spot check.

Eratosthenes
2009-04-12, 06:47 PM
Taros

The craft plummets beneath him - straight for his love, Cara. Going headfirst into a dive, Taros recklessly attacks the fleeing giant.

You know the routine:
Swift Action: Rhino's Rush
Smite Charge!: Attack: [roll0] Damage: [roll1] x2 + [roll2] Electrical = 84 + 1 Electrical if I hit. :/

AC 31 base, +4 vs. Melee, -2 for charging
101/113 HP

GNUsNotUnix
2009-04-12, 06:55 PM
Wricks

Frustrated by repeated failure to affect their foe, the crowd of halflings growls a few curses before directing a draining ray at the giant.

Keep the precious morningstar, then . . . with any luck, ya won't be able to lift it above your head!

ray of enfeeblement (cast with 2nd level slot), +9 ranged touch, 1d6+5 strength damage.

dauphinous
2009-04-12, 07:16 PM
Cara

Oblivious to anything headed for her other than the platform and giant, Cara starts moving. Being crashed into by anything other than Taros or Cassy doesn't strike her as any fun at all. before it reaches the ground, she makes a dash to get out from under it.

She realizes, a bit late, that this foe is really more dangerous than it seemed at first glance. Perhaps it was just the distance, or perhaps it was the comical aspect of rock throwing. Whatever gave her that impression, though, it has fled. Her mind flips through the spells she has available to her, and one sticks out as a good choice for her next opportunity to cast.

AC is 26, 28 vs. Evil.

Move to get out from under the platform. Not sure how far that is. If she can get that far in a single move, cast Flamestrike on the giant, positioned to avoid allies, of course. Reflex save DC 22 for half damage. [roll0]

Active Spells:
Greater Status
Crown of Smiting (Taros)

Roland St. Jude
2009-04-12, 08:29 PM
Raven

Raven grows a bit peeved with chasing this giant around but it had to be done. He speaks one of his most basic spells and dives toward the giant, though stopping short of melee range (his or the giant's), and calls out an insult in Giant, "Leave them alone you raggedy, unkempt hill giant."

Child of Shadow Stance (concealment/20% miss chance)
AC: 32 HP:59

Cast True Strike
Fly down roughly 120" to roughly 20" over the giant's head and off to one side.

BlueWizard
2009-04-12, 10:25 PM
Cara ends battle with the cloud giant quickly. She steps a bit to try and avoid being crushed, and calls Pelor's heavenly fire down upon the cloud giant. The cloud giant screams loudly in horror as he is burnt and blackened. He collapses on the deck now dying, but not slain! The platform stops moving and levels out, merely floating in the air above Cara.

Paused on Cara's action------------------------------->

Taros won't notice the raptors until after his turn this round.

OOC- Since the Cloud Giant has fallen I thought people might want to change their actions.

Initiatives:
Cara d:2 paused here
Raven 3+6 hp 59/71
Cassy
Cloud Giant fried by Cara
More corrupted dinos?

Roland St. Jude
2009-04-13, 12:23 AM
Raven

Raven squints at the sight of divine fire immolating the giant, and he flies down toward the group and calls out the return of the velociraptors, pointing if possible. He draws out and quaffs another potion as he goes. He winds up hovering just above the giant's platform.

[roll0]

BlueWizard
2009-04-13, 03:24 AM
Raven drinks his potion, and then calls attention to the velociraptors moving on Cara. Raven's looking aaaall better.

Taros is aware of them, and can now switch his target or action as needed. Wrick can save the enfeeblement ray.

Initiatives:
Cara d:2
Raven 3+6 hp full/71 paused here
Cassy
Cloud Giant fried by Cara
More corrupted dinos?

GNUsNotUnix
2009-04-13, 05:58 AM
Wricks

Turning their attention to the oncoming predators, the swarm of Wricks pelts the nearest raptor with an equal swarm of missiles.

Magic missile, 5d4, using 2nd level slot

Eratosthenes
2009-04-13, 06:20 AM
Taros

It was silly of him to worry about Cara; she was a battle tested high priestess who'd faced many a dangerous foe. Still...

He lands near her, blade ready. "Did you invite some friends for dinner, dear?"

BlueWizard
2009-04-14, 02:46 PM
Taros lands next to Cara in the best manner to avoid her getting flanked by the stealthy dinosaurs.

Wrick pelts one of the velociraptors closest to Cara and damages it severely as his magic missiles rip into it.

Cassy decides to launch another scorching ray at the one Wrick hurt. She burns it to death, and it screeches loudly in its death knell.

The remaining creatures now move on Cara AND Taros, They are similar to the ones Wrick scared away with the fireball, but these were twisted and corrupted, with saggy red eyes. They still seem intelligent, and not mindless however...
Four move swiftly enough through the grass to pounce on their targets.
Cara and Taros are both assaulted by two each. Cara gets scratched by only one talon, as the holy protection of the lovers keeps them safe! {Cara damage: 6}

End Round 6-------------------------->

Initiatives:
Cara d:8
Raven 3+6 hp full/71
Cassy
Corrupted Velociraptors

dauphinous
2009-04-14, 04:51 PM
Cara

"I somehow don't think they will like the main course." She swings her mace around and punches out with her shield. if they wanted tot o come to her, she would do what it takes to make them regret it. Briefly.

AC 28
HP 83/91

Mace/mace/shield
Attack rolls: 1d20+10 / [roll0] / [roll1]
Damage rolls: [roll2] / [roll3] / [roll4]

Active Spells:
[i]Magic Circle Against Evil
Greater Status
Crown of Smiting[\i] (Taros)

I seem to have messed up a roll. I hope yours is better than mine, blue. :smalltongue:

GNUsNotUnix
2009-04-14, 06:06 PM
Wricks

"They're as foul as their three-horned friends! Kill 'em quick!"

With this, the halflings release twin beams of flame toward the nearest raptor, trembling slightly as they do so.

Scorching ray, 2 beams, 4d6. Ranged touch +9

Roland St. Jude
2009-04-14, 06:53 PM
Raven

Raven dives at one of the remaining beasts. Fast little buggers!

Child of Shadow Stance (Concealment/20% miss chance)
AC: 20 (charge and power attack 10 penalty)

Charge attack (at one not otherwise engaged)
[roll0]
[roll1] x2 Valorous = 78

BlueWizard
2009-04-15, 05:45 AM
A combination of Cara, Taros, and Raven makes quick work of two. Wrick fries another, as Cassy decides to save her magic for later. As the corrupt raptors die the others decide they want to live, and they flee.

Combat Ends--------------------------->

The Flying Giant Platform still hangs awkwardly in the air, at a funny angle. The Giant is hanging from the edge, about to fall. Cara and Taros will realize it's blue blood is raining down on them spattering them. It seems like a good dye, cause it stains both their cloth. {OOC- Wrick would know there is a black market trade for giant blood and other body parts. Cassy would know it might have arcane value, but not that people would buy it from her.}

dauphinous
2009-04-15, 08:58 AM
Cara

Hanging her mace back on her belt, Cara nudges Taros to get him to move with her out of the bloody rain and looks over the craft. "Could we use that, do you think," she asks everyone in general. "The flying disc thing, I mean, not the dead body." She makes the usual warding gesture of her faith over the giant as she says 'dead body'.

Eratosthenes
2009-04-15, 09:54 AM
Taros

Taros smiles to Cara. "Would beat walking." Hopping up on to the platform, he gives the giant's corpse a tentative push, attempting to dislodge it from the floating contraption. Looking up to Raven, he adds, "I might need some help here. This bastard's heavy."

kariokie
2009-04-15, 11:29 AM
Cassy

Cassy lands, then thinks better of it, hovering a few feet off of the ground. She looks at the body on the platform when Cara suggests using it, then at Cara. "Ugh. Guess it beats walking."

Roland St. Jude
2009-04-15, 01:06 PM
Raven

"He certainly is a brute," Raven replies as he hops up onto the platform and gives the giant's remains a shove. He stands on the platform and waits for others to join him. "Who can pilot this thing?"

He casts a quick spell into his blade before sheathing it.

Raven can lift 1400 pounds off the ground and drag/push 3500.
Cast Shocking Grasp into the spell-storing sword.
Give it a swing and refresh all maneuvers.

BlueWizard
2009-04-15, 01:38 PM
Taros and Raven will need a help, the cloud giant was half hanging over the railing already, but in some ways this made it even more difficult as it was crumpled over and nearly wrapped around the metal bar. The railing's top bar is high and doesn't do human-sized creatures much good at 10 feet high. {This bar is bent a lot under the weight and will almost snap when the giant is pushed off.}

Eventually using some leverage from Cara's down-home horse-farm wisdom, the group flips the legs of the giant up and over the railing and the giant tumbles barely once before crunching its backside into the ground. There is a minor tremor as this giant's 5000 pounds hit the earth, leaving a depression beneath it. Most of you were needed to move this guy in some manner.

When the giant falls the platform rights itself a little more.

Wrick will see the control screen bleep; it is waiting for commands.
He can fly up to the controls, they were built for large or giant-sized {huge} creatures. Wrick has seen many strange things in his planar travels, and knows a basic computer touch-screen when he sees one. He liked these kind a lot better, the interface was actually easier to use. The lettering was giantese, but with a little messing around, he could even get the fog-cloud cover working again. Wrick could even explain its operation to these primer-folks so they'd understand it.... that is if they wanted to hover or fly at the control panel's level. It is really simple to one that reads giantese. :smallamused:

Roland St. Jude
2009-04-15, 02:32 PM
Raven

Raven hovers near Wrick, lending his knowledge of Giantese to the effort and learning the controls. "Seems simple enough. And at least there aren't any color-coded access cards or anyone barking death threats with this craft."

GNUsNotUnix
2009-04-15, 02:35 PM
Wrick

The cloud of Wricks condenses into a one-of-a-kind halfling who promptly flies up to the main panel.

"I didn't think I'd be doin' this again. Looks like the same stuff we used back in my sailin' days, all right. Well, with some translation for blue-blood over there."

After some tinkering, Wrick looks down at the ten-foot drop to the platform.

"I don't suppose ya could find a stool around here? Giant and halfling equipment aren't quite perfect matches. Well, anywho, if ya can follow it, ya can watch me get this rig off the ground."

Wrick endeavors to do just that, allowing any who can see the controls to look on.

Dismissed mirror image.

BlueWizard
2009-04-15, 02:58 PM
With Wrick and Raven looking at the controls together, they will discover more. Raven will find one of the buttons is a planetary button, possibly for a non-linear travel method. He'd have to push the button to access it more, but it seems to be a special feature that is near the cloud cover activation icon. It also had a image of what was below the craft, and you could manually zoom in and out.
In no time at all Wrick will have this thing zipping through the air, at a rapid pace, in cloud cover no less! {250 ft/rd!}

Looking down through the cloud from above actually became a sort of infrared device. A strange light lit the cloud from above when active and you could see shapes on the ground.

OOC- Sorry no whitewalls.

Edit: Wrick and Raven had to do all this while flying above the control panel.

Eratosthenes
2009-04-15, 04:52 PM
Taros

Thoroughly unfamiliar with controls or devices such as these, Taros watches on with disinterest born of ignorance. Casually looking over the console, he occasionally puts a finger dangerously close to various aspects of its operations, asking simply, "What's this button do?"

GNUsNotUnix
2009-04-15, 06:25 PM
Wrick

In as straight a deadpan as he can muster, Wrick answers the paladin, "Well, don't touch it! Not unless ya want to lose that arm. The whole craft is powered on negative energy, ya know; not a bad source, considerin' where we are. It gets ya right where ya goin', sure, but it doesn't mix well with holy whatnot, and definitely not with paladins. You get too close and the whole panel might just rip itself apart tryin' to cancel out the light and the dark between the two of ya. For now, ya best leave it to those whose persons aren't glowin' with holy power."

Bluff +13, if it matters :smallwink:

dauphinous
2009-04-15, 07:10 PM
Cara

Once she's assisted onto the platform, Cara grabs onto something to hold on tightly. Just because it was her idea doesn't mean she necessarily thinks it was an especially great one, or a safe one. She pulls off her helm and frowns at Wrick, obviously buying what he's selling. Hefting her mace again, she eyes the controls suspiciously. "Then perhaps we should treat it the same way we've treated these sorts of...contraptions in the past."

GNUsNotUnix
2009-04-15, 07:33 PM
Wrick

Wrick raises a hand for Cara to stop.

"Oh, no need for that. I said it was powered by dark energy, right? Well, that's good news for us, then; it burns up all that shadow ether that's pollutin' this valley. Only problem is, it's not eatin' it all up very quickly--that's probably by design, ya understand. We're gonna have to go for the source of all this mess if ya really want to make a difference. Although . . ."

The halfling puts on a very thoughtful face.

"We might squeeze some inefficiency into this thing if we could get the more good-aligned persons aboard to get as much of themselves as they can away from the main panel. Y'know, stand back and disrupt the intake as little as possible. Ya think you could do me a favor and stand a few feet back, maybe stick your arms out opposite the controls?"

BlueWizard
2009-04-15, 08:29 PM
Cara will see there is not much to hold onto, except the posts that hold up the metal railing on the edges. These posts were more like beams to you guys. One thing Cara discovers as Wrick plays around with the controls, is that anything on the deck is pulled to it like gravity. This whole time the pile of remaining boulders had not moved.

Cassy isn't buying the bluff, and can see Wrick is just showing off.
{A 20+0 on her sense motive against Wrick's 4+13 vs her.}
Wrick is able to fly this thing very well, and with Raven's understanding of the other controls, this craft may have as many uses as the Blue Wizard's old complex controls did. Wrick will remember the whole power of that platform was in the control panel. This one is not so small though.

Taros sees buttons, but it as imagery on the control screen. It is like a picture... that moves. This is beyond him, and might as well be an airplane for all he knew.

dauphinous
2009-04-15, 08:31 PM
Cara

"How on earth would sticking my arms out make any kind of difference?" Despite the fact that Wrick is pushing it with her by giving the directions, Cara starts edging away from the control panel, not really excited to be near it in the first place. "When pig sludge flows, you just get out of the way, and it goes. If you don't, it just goes around you."

GNUsNotUnix
2009-04-15, 09:11 PM
Wrick

"Well it won't make any difference like that. Ya gotta point your hands out straight. Essence flows through the fingers, y'know."

Wrick continues fiddling with the controls, then furrows his brow.

"Then again, lookin' at it as ya do that, maybe it would work better if ya just sat down. Probably safer, too."

BlueWizard
2009-04-15, 09:38 PM
Raven totally gets the simple to use screen. Understanding giantese made it straight forward like a tutorial. This giant was not tech savvy, and was likely gifted it by a higher power. As long as one could touch the screen without standing on it you will stay with the momentum of the platform, even if you are flying in it.

Basically, you'll stay with the platform and not get left behind.

kariokie
2009-04-15, 11:40 PM
Cassy

Cassy rolls her eyes at Wrick's show. "You can't kid a kidder. Less yapping, more flying. Come on, chop, chop, before I do it my damn self." Cassy points towards Cara, "Anyhow, she's a hick but she ain't that dumb, and unless you want to be last on the 'fix my owie' list, stop taunting the holy rollers." Because that, quite frankly, was Cassy's job.

Don't make me break out the +27 to Bluff.

BlueWizard
2009-04-16, 02:40 AM
Chulyen the raven, isn't one to sit still when danger isn't near. He is here with Cassy as usual. He will actually spot what looks like imperial sun priests walking through the murk that is the Marsh section to the far west of the valley, on the other side of the river. These 'priests' are near the northern forest, but still walk through dark smelly bogs, and avoid the exotic wild life of that district.

You could see a lot from up here, even without use of the fancy control panel.

GNUsNotUnix
2009-04-16, 05:23 AM
Wrick

"Aw, spoil my fun. Fine then, but we're but we're keepin' the machine. And buyin' stools."

The halfling returns to the panel and hides a mild chuckle.

dauphinous
2009-04-16, 06:29 AM
Cara

Cara gives a mildly annoyed sigh, but she wears a mildly indulgent smile. She couldn't possibly get mad about something like this. Sitting down near the back end of the thing, she shakes her head at herself. She'll probably never get used to these machine things.

"Imperial Sun priests? Here?" She has to look for herself, and frowns. "I really think most of them have a decent heart underneath. If someone," it seems likely she really means herself, "could just show them how they're perverting the Light, they might understand and be uplifted."

BlueWizard
2009-04-16, 01:05 PM
Cara gets a better look at the distant white robed group, and gets a different impression than Chulyen even from up here. Not all of the group wore priestly white robes, in fact one strutted in heavy black armor. Cara's feeling was that they were a party of Voidites. It is hard to see from here. But, Voidites did like to pass themselves off as servants of RA if they could.

Piloting the Platform:
The Fly spells only last so long, and you can't stand on the control screen, so something must be decided soon about how you will operate this thing right now. It took a little bit of time for Raven and Wrick to look it over and see all the special features, that are still as of yet not fully explored. :smallamused:

dauphinous
2009-04-16, 07:06 PM
Cara

Squinting down, Cara soon realizes what she's really looking at. She scowls and glares at the small group. "Voidites," she breathes. That one word holds more venom than seems possible to come from the sunny disposition that normally shines from within those plates of metal. "Scourges that walk the land. Head for them," she orders firmly. Gripping her mace tightly, the head erupts into flames just as her divine glow envelops her person. "We will show them what True Light is." It comes out as an angry growl.

kariokie
2009-04-16, 07:48 PM
Cassy

"Seriously? Couldn't we just-" there was no use arguing with Cara when she was is that 'smite all that evil' mood, so she just shrugs. "Fine." She gives Chulyen a poke, "No more warnin' people 'bout anything until you tell me first. They're gonna run off and try to kill every scrap of evil they see. We'll never get out of this place."

The raven bobs his head, his beady black eyes shining, "Chulyen know tin cans, yes, yes. Ha, Chulyen funny. Chulyen has good eyes, yes, yes, Chulyen spot detour, yes, yes. Spend all year here, yes, yes!"

Roland St. Jude
2009-04-16, 07:50 PM
Raven

"So Wrick, can you conjure up one of those stools you were talking about or am I going to have to do that jumbo-Raven trick again?"

Raven's willing to be the pilot, or even the pilot's footstool, if need be.

Not yet seeing what the others are, Raven gets the gist from Cara, both in what she said and how she said it. "Of course they would be here."

BlueWizard
2009-04-16, 08:04 PM
However, it is piloted, with Wrick on Raven or Raven enlarged it'll take some time to catch up with the priests.

It won't take too long, but they were farther up the valley than you all. The Voidites will have reached the marsh forest on the far end by the time you reach them. Through the infrared vision viewing the trees you will be able to see that they definitely noticed the odd cloud flying toward them, and are gathering to discuss its approach.

{It'll be at least 15 minutes from the cloud giant's death until now.}

You zip over a biologist's dream, as flora and fauna even impressed in the bogs. Strange duck lizard things could be seen, and even a spiny-backed dino, as well as more brontosaur-types eating plants stuck deep in the mud.

GNUsNotUnix
2009-04-16, 08:21 PM
Wrick

"If I could do that, I'd have done it by now. If ya can't grow the whole height, maybe I'll just stand on your shoulders and . . ."

The halfling trails off. As the craft soars through its surroundings toward the priests, Wrick suddenly goes wide-eyed, as if some spark had just ignited in his mind. A wincing expression oscillates on his face as he gazes about.

"Hold a second. I know this place. Or somethin' about it."

He shoots a glance at Cara and Cassy, then returns to the scene below.

"The taint on the valley must be gettin' to me . . . but I could swear some part of this whole affair isn't as new to me as it ought."

BlueWizard
2009-04-16, 09:43 PM
Wrick can stand on Raven's shoulders and move the control pad with both arms waving about. Raven isn't tall enough to see what Wrick is doing, but he seems to be good at it. One feature Wrick doesn't see is a weapon system.

You will be to the Voidites in no time, but as you approach there is a loud roar and a hiss. Something just blasted the Voidites and it looks like it was a silver dragon. Wings can be seen flapping under the marsh trees. There is a man in silver dragon scale on the dragon's back as a rider. He'd look like a good dragon-rider, and maybe Taros knows him, except for something seemed wrong with the silver dragon. It was hard to see from your vantage point above the trees, but it seemed unpolished and mottled, almost gray, and its eyes were saggy and red.

Wrick seeing it closer in the control panel screen will confirm that it is corrupt.

Eratosthenes
2009-04-17, 01:34 PM
Taros

Taros loses interest in Wrick's subterfuge. He thinks it's likely the mischievous arcanist was playing a trick, but Taros wasn't too concerned. What was it about finger-wagglers and their penchant for pranks? Perhaps all that power at their disposal gave them a certain warped outlook on life.

Regardless, Taros looks about for a better way to ride this strange contraption, if ride it they are to do. From his magical pack, he pulls out rope, and begins tying it to the railing posts, to make a makeshift rope railing. It would not do to fall from these heights.

When they spot the Voidites, Taros watches quietly. The appearance of the strange, corrupted silver dragon saddens him. Such a noble beast did not deserve that fate. "Though it takes us from our path, we cannot let such a beast abide."

Looking around, he has an idea. "While it is distracted in the fight below, perhaps we can move above it, and lose a few of these boulders upon it."

BlueWizard
2009-04-17, 04:49 PM
Taros knows he could probably roll some boulders over the side, but not with the deadly power and accuracy of the cloud giant.

There were 6 voidites:
Two are engaging the silver dragon directly, and in doing so their white robes fly open. One is a burly knight in all black full plate, the other appears to be a man of shadows, in an all black voidform. They are quite dangerous as they battle and hurt the dragon a little.
Then there is one who looks to be an actual priestess, she wears plate mail under her white robes, and is looking over a downed woman. The fallen one looked quite dead and frozen, she had been wearing pretty crystalline armor. Another woman stayed back from the battle trying to hide in the trees, floating in the air in a non-arcane way, she only wore the white robe.
The last was perhaps the most visually intriguing. This woman wore purple scale-armor beneath her white robes. She also had purple hair, pale white skin, and dark purple eyes. Cassy immediately saw her as a dragon in an alternate form.

GNUsNotUnix
2009-04-17, 07:21 PM
Wrick

Still shaking an uneasy feeling, Wrick hesitates.

"Maybe we ought to just lie low--or high, I guess--in a fog cloud for a while and figure things out. I'm not sure we've got a favorite in this fight just yet, if you know what I mean."

dauphinous
2009-04-17, 07:56 PM
Cara

Faced with an orgy of Evil in her smiting grasp, Cara has to tear her gaze away from it all to consider the implications of Wrick's suggestion. If they let the two sides try to kill each other, the 'winner' would necessarily be weaker, and being on the side of Good, both of their enemies would likely, if not precisely team up, certainly assault on two fronts at once.

She huffs a heavy sigh. "That's probably the wisest course of action. To wait for one side to be the victor and attack them." She wasn't sure which side she would rather fight, and so didn't know who to 'root for'. It's always highly satisfying to send Voidites to their deaths, but it's also a fulfillment of her ultimate purpose to destroy the undead. She shrugs. Either would be highly gratifying, really.

BlueWizard
2009-04-17, 08:15 PM
The human-sized dragon rider will notice the cloud as well that floats unnaturally above as the battle continues. The rider roars with anger, "Don't be foolish and watch, Grazzalah! Kill these invaders!!" He yells loudly in giantese.

As if to emphasize a point, the dragon breaths on a few in the Void group this time a white, silvery cloud of gas. The priest and knight are paralyzed and they look like they are in big trouble. The voidform man can fly and tumbles back to try and bring his two companions to safety. This void-man is very strong and agile, and seems hard to hurt.

The purple lady is directing the woman in white robes to follow her away from the dragon. Both take note of the cloud and the rider calling to it. The woman in white sadly looks to the fallen lady in crystal armor as she flees.

The tide is turning rapidly against these Voidites, and they are going to try and flee.

Roland St. Jude
2009-04-19, 10:40 AM
Raven

As the battle appears below them, it didn't seem like a good time to be stuck as a footstool. With appropriate warning to Wrick, Raven casts a spell, doubling in size. What is they expect the giant to do? Throw boulders or something with the platform? After a quick assessment, Raven goes for the one he thinks can be pulled off better.

When Large, Raven's strength spikes up to 26. If he thinks he can throw a boulder with any plausible accuracy, he does so, aiming near, but not at the voidites. If they seem too heavy for that, he focuses on the craft and whether it has any capabilities other than flying.

BlueWizard
2009-04-19, 03:45 PM
Raven can lift the 80 pound boulders, but no where near as easily as the giant that was practically 4 times stronger than him. The granite boulders are perfectly round, as if made by a machine. His best chance to drop one on someone, or make it look close is the purple lady hovering above the trees. Raven's toss is terrible, and he nearly hits the purple lady with his miss attempt.

This gets the purple lady's attention, and seems to temporarily satisfy the dragon and rider. The purple lady and the woman in the white robe say nothing and seem to be communicating a lot merely by looking at one another.

As Raven is throwing down the rocks, the dragon is giving pursuit of the Voidform man who is trying to flee with the dark knight and priest in his arms. This Void form man is incredibly strong and fast, but can barely stay ahead as the silver dragon takes flight after it.

The purple-haired lady will back off from the platform, and open her mouth wider than it should be able. This proves Cassy's dragon theory likely true, as the purple lady unleashes a strange purple stream from her mouth. It appears to be an electrical-fire attack, melded in some magical form. She actually hurts the silver dragon, and it will turn to face her.

The woman only wearing white robes flies up, and will begin speaking in your heads. Raven and Taros will feel and hear the voice, but are able to resist whatever scanned their mind. Wrick, Cara, and Cassy will feel as if their mind is being searched through without permission. "We thought you'd never come. We thought the elves had failed. I don't know all of you, but by the dear gods, I hope you've come to stop the kingslayers."

dauphinous
2009-04-19, 07:32 PM
Cara

Knowing it is nearly impossible for an Evil person to directly affect her mind against her will while her protections spell is active, Cara lifts an eyebrow and looks to Cassy first, then the rest of the group. "Are you not Voidites?" She's clearly and plainly confused by the contact.

GNUsNotUnix
2009-04-19, 09:29 PM
Wrick

Sensing that it may become useful again soon, Wrick renews his fly spell, keeping a close eye on the figure intruding on the party's minds.

BlueWizard
2009-04-19, 10:26 PM
OOC- Thanks Dauph. :smallredface: Cara did feel the scan attempt though. :smallwink: And she'll still figure out who Cara is from Cassy. :smallbiggrin:

The Psionic Voidite:

The battle rages below as the purple lady fully transforms into a purple dragon to better attack both rider and silver dragon. The Voidform has disappeared somewhere into the marsh's forest with his paralyzed allies.

Wrick can easily get into fly mode since it seems popular right now.

With Raven dropping an occasional boulder near the psi-girl or dragon, the corrupt silver side seems distracted from yelling at the cloud.

When Cara asks her question the girl is almost bashful. She is definitely Yuanese, and kind of pretty. Her white robes seem more concerned with being sexy than functional. She will get closer in answering Cara, her voice still in your head. "We are of that nation and seek the same goal. Your allies, the elves, have been struck quite rudely in your absence. They told us you'd come before the evening was out, but we thought their mission had failed. You are the heroes of Sunhaven. I am honored to meet you."

dauphinous
2009-04-21, 07:34 AM
Cara

Now Cara just looks completely, utterly confused. "But-" She tries to equate the concept of 'Voidite' with the concept of 'ally', and it just doesn't compute. These people want things that she considers anathematic. They're supposed to, anyway. "I don't understand. Why would you be helping us? Your beliefs are a blasphemy in the Light of the Sun."

kariokie
2009-04-21, 12:08 PM
Cassy

"What's with people being jackasses and reading my mind? You don't want to see what's in there." She chews her lip as Cara responds to the woman, "What this tin can means to say, even less diplomatically, is that y'all are a bunch of evil sonsabitches and no one in their right mind would send you to help us without some proof that this isn't some sorta stupid trap."

GNUsNotUnix
2009-04-21, 02:56 PM
Wrick

Wrick remains withdrawn from the conversation, focusing instead on another spell.

The fog isn't foolin' anyone; seems a bad time to be an isolationist, I'd say.

As he completes his spell, Wrick disappears completely, with only a brief disturbance in the fog layer to announce his exit from the craft.

Improved invisibility, 60 ft move in the direction of the battle (or until ~30 ft above the dragon)

BlueWizard
2009-04-21, 03:03 PM
The woman in white tries to speak calmly as the battle rages on below, she is becoming more urgent, as the purple dragon is taking a little beating. She looks a little hurt by Cara's words. "We want order, like yourselves. Abyssal forces changing timelines disrupts our sense of balance. When we found out the Kingslayers were here, we came as soon as we could. Time is short, and we must at least free one of the captives before the sunsets to spoil their plans of making the empress a full-fledged god."
To Cassy, she tries to be a little more diplomatic, "Evil.... is that all you see? We have a sense of ordered balance and it must be maintained. No one sent us, but the lord Pharaoh's men. If you choose not to help us... at least free one of the youths in another temple. This will at least temporarily disrupt their plans for anarchy."
She will attempt to fly up to you all, but will stop if she senses any violent tendencies from Wrick or Cassy.

The psion seems aware of Wrick's invisible flight as he descends. "Fog fools the dragon-rider." She says, with a raised eyebrow to the invisible hobbit.

GNUsNotUnix
2009-04-21, 04:12 PM
Wrick

Yeah, yeah. Just because ya can hear my thoughts doesn't mean I wanna hear yours.

Unseen to the party, Wrick completes another spell, with whispers of arcane commands escaping his mouth. The transparent hobbit descends toward the dragon rider, intent on delivering his spell to the (hopefully) unsuspecting opponent.

Vampiric Touch. +9 touch attack (denying dex AC bonus . . .) for 10d6 damage, gained as temporary hit points.

BlueWizard
2009-04-21, 08:39 PM
The silver dragon is mighty and a lot bigger than the dainty purple dragon looking more like a distraction.

When Wrick passes below the cloud he will be spotted right away by the rider who apparently sees invisible. He will curse in some abyssal tongue, and say in imperial common, "Blast you interlopers! You killed my guardian! Take us away, Sheen!!"

The mature adult silver looks up questioning at the cloud, and possibly even the hobbit, and will teleport away before Wrick can get close enough.

The purple dragon will collapse into the woods for cover, and transform back to human.

The psion chuckles kindly at Wrick, "You are a brave hobbit." She says aloud for the first time. Cara is surprised such an attractive female is with the Void, they are known for being one of the most uncharismatic priesthoods out there. There were attempts to change, and this must be part of the result. She was a dark imperial type like Cassy and Taros, but had paler skin, and almost a Yuanese quality about her. Everything about her appearance said, she could help you, causing Cara to twitch. The psion looks to the where the dragon retreated.
"We must regroup, but I urge you to free one of the youths. Get them to where they need to be, and do it fast. If we fail with our young noble, then you must succeed." Speaking aloud, she is totally unaware of Cara's hesitation. She will attempt to fly up to the platform itself.
"Permission to come aboard?" She says from beneath the cloud screen.

Taros is struck by that dragon's name, like he should know it. Unfortunately, he didn't pay attention to a lot on the dragon names when he was with King Fin's Dragon Riders. But, he thinks it might've been one of the big guys in the King's Air Force.

Roland St. Jude
2009-04-22, 09:36 AM
Raven

Raven scowls as the rider spots Wrick and teleports away. A perfectly good ruse wasted! Hasn't that hobbit every heard of the fog of war? Raven grins at his unintended joke. I suppose anything that can get away that fast was going to get away regardless.

Oblivious to the mind-to-mind exchanges going on, Raven turns his attention to the controls of the craft looking for additional features. As the woman announces herself and request permission to come aboard, he looks quizzically at his companions and keeps one eye on the craft's controls and the surroundings that show up on its panel. That dragon and rider will be back - those types tend to hold a grudge.

BlueWizard
2009-04-22, 02:06 PM
All of you could hear the psion speak to you telepathically, however any response you could not, though the girl understands. She can only read certain thoughts, and even though she went into Wrick and Cassy's minds she didn't delve in to the deepest parts. Mostly just surface thoughts. But, she can communicate telepathically to all of you.

Not too much later the purple lady will fly up out of the marsh woods.
"I smell no elves. Are these imperials, Hellera?"
She eventually sniffs Wrick's general direction, she looks confused. "Hobbits...?"

BlueWizard
2009-04-25, 07:11 PM
Cara seems to be hyperventilating. Wrick will notice that the more these Voidites are around the more she is twitching uncontrollably.

"Where're they going?" The purple lady says as the cloud suddenly jets North toward the buildings North of the plains.

The psion and purple lady don't pursue, and look hurt. The psion speaks to your mind one more time as you leave. "May you succeed alone."

The platform zips along over many strange and exotic creatures. Some dinosaurs are in colorful arrays that span the rainbow.

OOC- We can roleplay stuff out here, but if you're ready to move on, continue and link up!

{OOC2- Our journey to Myth-weavers begins.
I see it as a new beginning for the Kingslayers, as they move deeper into this valley. For the sake of new readers, give a little description of your PC and maybe their state, and lets get rolling. :smallcool: Bear with me as I learn the other site, and please feel free to aid me in anyway over there.
The OOC link will be in this OOC thread. If you don't have a myth-weaver sheet, just make a blank one and submit it so I can get you in the game for real. :smallcool:}

Kingslayers continues! (http://www.myth-weavers.com/showthread.php?t=63451)