View Full Version : Flameblood Touched[Template, MitP]

LordOfNarf
2006-09-09, 06:34 PM
Flameblood Touched Human Warrior 1
Medium Humanoid (Augmented, Human)
Hit Dice: 1d8+4 (8)
Initiative: +1
Speed: 30ft (20 ft. in amour)
Amour Class: 17 (+1 Dex, +4 Scale Mail, +2 Heavy Wooden Shield)
Base Attack/Grapple: +1/+3
Attack: Longsword +3 melee (1d8+2)
Full Attack: Longsword +3 melee (1d8+2)
Space/Reach: 5ft. /5ft.
Special Attacks: -
Special Qualities: Flameblood Touched Heritage
Saves: Fort +6, Ref +1, Will -1
Abilities: Str 14, Dex 13, Con 19, Int 12, Wis 8, Cha 10
Feats: Weapon focus (Longsword), Power Attack
Environment: Any
Organization: Solitary or any Human community
Challenge Rating: 2
Treasure: Standard
Advancement: by character class
Level Adjustment: +2

He looks like any other human at first, and then you notice that his eyes are turning bloodred, his body temperature raises until you feel a fierce warmth on your skin. His pupils glow as if a fire is burning within his eyeballs as every blood vessel stands up on his body.

The Flameblood Touched are humanoids with some very powerful blood, scholars continually debate over whether it comes from dragons, fiends, deities, or some other source entirely. They have the power of whatever heritage it is, and are given great energy from that.

Combat

A Flameblood Touched uses standard techniques for their class and race. If they deem a combat dangerous enough, they activate their Flameblood Touched Heritage ability early in combat.

Flameblood Touched Heritage (su) Once per day, as a swift action, a Flameblood Touched can activate the power of her supernatural blood. In the transformation, the whites of her eyes become red, and her pupils glow extremely brightly. All of her blood vessels on her skin bulge out, and her body temperature rises by between 100-150°F from her races norm. The transformation takes no appreciable time, but a Flameblood touched must wait until her turn to activate it. A Flameblood Touched’s Flameblood Touched Heritage ability lasts for a number of rounds equal to 5+her Con modifier (always at least 8 rounds) when she activates it she can choose one of the abilities below:
Flameblood Strength When a Flameblood touched activates this ability, she gains a +4 bonus to strength for the duration of the ability, she also doubles her strength modifier for purposes of weapon damage only. Therefore, she adds her Str modifier x2 damage with her on hand, and her full Str modifier to damage with her off hand, and adds x3 her Str modifier with a two handed weapon.
Flameblood Speed When a Flameblood touched activates this ability she gains a +4 bonus to Dex. Her movement speed is also doubled, and she treated as having the feats Run and Spring Attack for the duration of the ability. She also never provokes an attack of opportunity while moving (though she can provoke them in other ways) and gains an extra attack in at her full attack routine, and her highest attack bonus. In addition, when a Flameblood touched with this ability active charges, she can make two attacks, one at her highest attack bonus, and one at her highest attack bonus -5.
Flameblood Spellcasting When a Flameblood Touched activates this ability her Int, Wis, or Cha (her choice) increases by +4. In addition, the save DC of all her spells increases by 4. In addition, any spells that allow a save for a partial or half effect, instead treat any character with Evasion, Improved Evasion, Mettle or Improved Mettle as if the spell has normal effects, and they do not have the ability. Meaning that on a successful save, they take partial or half damage on a successful save, and full effects of the spell on a failed save. The Flameblood touched also gains one bonus spell of her highest level to use during the period of this ability, if she prepares spells, I must be a spell she has prepared of that level, or a spell of a lower level that has been prepared and then modified with a metamagic feat that the Flameblood Touched possesses.

Creating a Flameblood Touched

Flameblood touched is an inherited template that can be added to any living, corporeal fey, giant, humanoid, or monstrous humanoid.

Size and Type: The Flameblood Touched retains all previous types and subtypes, and gains the augmented subtype. Do not change size.

Hit Dice: Do not recalculate hit dice.

Special Qualities: A Flameblood touched gains the Flameblood Touched Heritage quality, presented above.

Abilities: Flameblood Touched are exceptionally hardy, and gain a +4 bonus to Con

Challenge Rating: As base creature +1

Level Adjustment: as base creature +2

[hr]

Ok, heres another one, I am a little unsure about the balance between the Heritage abilities, feedback would be helpful. I figured the CR would be lower than the LA since an enemy would only get to use this once, but a PC would get one easy-win encounter every day. Any feedback on that would also be appreciated.

Oh, and Monsters in the Playgeround (http://www.giantitp.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=homebrew;action=display;num=11557461 87)

Leperflesh
2006-09-10, 07:56 PM
I think this template enables a fair amount of cheese, in combination with various other classes. Consider what the strength bonus/doubling damage does for a raging barbarian, for example. Unfortunately that makes it very difficult to evaluate the appropriate LA.

That blood boiling thing also has certain implications. Presumably if the Flameblood touched can survive having its blood raised by 150 degrees (for a human, this would bring the blood temp to almost 250 degrees!), such a creature should also gain some heat immunities. In fact just coming into contact with the skin of somone at 250 degrees would burn you very quickly, so, probably a bonus heat damage on unarmed attacks/grapples too?

All told I can't vote for it in this form, although I think it has enough potential that I wouldn't vote against it either. Hopefully others can provide more help... I've not tried to put together templates like this before, so I guess I can't be very constructive.

-Lep

ShipWrecked
2006-09-10, 07:59 PM
It is interesting ill give you that narf, might want to revise a few things, read it through one more time.

Lord Iames Osari
2006-09-13, 12:16 AM
Shouldn't the creature gain the Fire subtype?