PDA

View Full Version : delete

DMBlackhart
2009-02-28, 11:58 PM
So yeah, this is MY Largest Dungeon. So be prepared for ALOT of chaotic death, blood, gore, and... more gore.

With that said lets get cracking.

The once Proud Kingdom of Altar now lies in ruins. Or more accurately, desimation. For once where this massive utopian city once stood, now lies a massive blackend crater. The Valley the city lied within only helped in making the crater deeper. All around you see grey smoke rising from the scouldering hot ground. And in the midst of this lifeless black field you see a temporal rift.
A "hole" in the reality around you. It stands no more then 10 feet in diameter.

A dark feeling overcomes you when you step near this portal. Although its only been roughly a year since the kingdom mysteriously "vanished" scouts, troops, and other units of exploration have already been dispatched to investigate, none of which have returned. For whatever reason your here, wether it be personal gain, enlightenment, or by direct orders you now stand within this wasteland. An ominous portal of purplish black wavering in front of you. Will you advance? Risk your life, and find the secrets of this temporal disruption that toppled a kingdom? Or will you run, back to the safty of your guild house or home?

Anyone not wearing foot gear or putting unclothed body parts onto the earth takes 1d4 nonlethal damage per round
anyone wearing metal shoes, or touches a metal clothed body part against the ground is affected as if a heatmetal spell is affecting them

Katasi
2009-03-01, 08:38 AM
Arum strides towards the entrance of the dungeon at a leisurely pace. He is in no real hurry.

Fan
2009-03-01, 08:44 AM
John

John walks forward his hand on his whip dagger, and his eyes attentive for danger.

Kobold-Bard
2009-03-01, 08:46 AM
Looking at the portal before him Dero felt a nervousness he had not felt before. But he would not turn back now. Whatever was through this portal had caused such destruction, it wasn't in him to turn away now.

Stopping for a moment to focus his mind, he stepped forward.

Jokes
2009-03-01, 09:27 AM
Hilgut

The goblin stands before the portal, shifting from foot to foot excitedly. His dreams and visions had been getting more frequent the closer he got to the black crater. And now, his life quest can begin. He begins to shift more, noticing the heat coming up through his boots. Without much more hesitation, he leaps through the portal.

DMBlackhart
2009-03-01, 12:29 PM
Sidenote: I ask none of you read spoilers with specific names on them unless its your name. I understand that some ( if not all ) of you WILL ignore this but the point is it allows for more fun if the rule is followed.

Hilgut
John
Katasi
Dero
With the heat building in your boots you dash through the purplish blackened rift. With this the world goes dark, and seconds later you reappear in a mountainous region. The ground is equally as heated here as the crater before, and the ground just as black. however this area is not sunken inward such as the craterous region of altar. This area is the mid area of a pure black mountain. The same gray steam sets off the surface of this area, and off in the distance ( 200 feet ) you see what looks to be the maw of a great beast. Apon closer inspection you notice the "maw" is a stone tunnel shaped like a dragons mouth. The roof stands 300 feet high and 100 feet wide.

Fan
2009-03-01, 12:42 PM
John kind of worried for the little goblin, walks through the portal tenatively the heat in his boots begining to cause some chafeing. :pouts: :smalltongue:

Katasi
2009-03-01, 01:37 PM
Arum stops in front of the portal and casts detect magic.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

after the third round Arum will try to get as much information as possible about the portal.

[roll3]

DMBlackhart
2009-03-01, 01:45 PM
Katasi As the other two rush into the portal you take a moment or two to study the emination. Within less then a minute your spell brings revalation. The portal does indeed carry an aura of magic. The aura is overwhelming with power.You cannot seem to understand the school associted with this rift in reality. The aura is far to powerful to read.

( did I miss anything Katasi?)

( you dont need to roll concentrations if your not threatent. You can "take 20" if you want. I wont start the limited take 20s, or 10s until the first region. )

Katasi
2009-03-01, 02:36 PM
Katasi As the other two rush into the portal you take a moment or two to study the emination. Within less then a minute your spell brings revalation. The portal does indeed carry an aura of magic. The aura is overwhelming with power.You cannot seem to understand the school associted with this rift in reality. The aura is far to powerful to read.

( did I miss anything Katasi?)

( you dont need to roll concentrations if your not threatent. You can "take 20" if you want. I wont start the limited take 20s, or 10s until the first region. )

Arum cautiously sticks his hand though the portal, then pulls it back out, to see if it's ok.

(Detect Magic states in the description that it requires concentation, because it's duration is concentration)

DMBlackhart
2009-03-01, 02:40 PM
(Ah, well I wasent sure on the concentration DC. So if your 11 failed I am going to ask you to omit about knowing the "overwhelming" quality of it. Otherwise you know the rest. if your 11 is sufficient then stick to it as is. )

Katasi You push your palm into the rifts surface. It immediatly dissapears. After a moment you retract your hand, still fully intact, no effects or changes to your form.

Katasi
2009-03-01, 03:05 PM
Arum sticks his head through, ready to pull it back out at any sign of danger. If there is none he'll step through the portal all the way.

(just looked it up, apparently concentration on spells doesn't actually require checks unless threatened and stuff)

DMBlackhart
2009-03-01, 03:12 PM
(Read the above post with the names listed, hilgut, john, and katasi. It will explain what you see...)

( and yeah, I knew that :smalltongue: )

Kobold-Bard
2009-03-01, 03:23 PM
(When I said he steps forward, I meant through the portal. Just feel a little left out).

DMBlackhart
2009-03-01, 03:27 PM
( The above Spoiler is edited to include your name.... Again I Doubt any of you will obey when I ask you dont read it unless it has your name, but those of you who ARE obeying that check the above spoiler if it now has your name )

Lansier
2009-03-01, 03:35 PM
Todath had been observing the rift from a distance, trying to decide his next course of action. After seeing Arum 'experiment' with the rift to no ill effect he quickly makes his way over and follows the others into it.

DMBlackhart
2009-03-01, 03:57 PM
Sidenote: I ask none of you read spoilers with specific names on them unless its your name. I understand that some ( if not all ) of you WILL ignore this but the point is it allows for more fun if the rule is followed.

Hilgut
John
Katasi
Dero
Todath
Seph
With the heat building in your boots you dash through the purplish blackened rift. With this the world goes dark, and seconds later you reappear in a mountainous region. The ground is equally as heated here as the crater before, and the ground just as black. however this area is not sunken inward such as the craterous region of altar. This area is the mid area of a pure black mountain. The same gray steam sets off the surface of this area, and off in the distance ( 200 feet ) you see what looks to be the maw of a great beast. Apon closer inspection you notice the "maw" is a stone tunnel shaped like a dragons mouth. The roof stands 300 feet high and 100 feet wide.

Katasi
2009-03-01, 04:23 PM
Arum puts a bolt in his crossbow, then begins walking towards the opening, ignoring the others. He prepares to attack if anything shows up, and does not actually enter the tunnel.

ZaneLaCoix
2009-03-01, 05:57 PM
[Seph]

Just like the others, the monk jumps into the portal, thinking it to be the safer route than just walking. Little apprehension could be observed from the blond human from the fluid jump between what this monk figured, between the realms.

Fan
2009-03-01, 06:01 PM
Tenatively, John walks forward being unsure f weather this entrance is trapped, and looks around for a heavy rock to test i by throwing the rock into a imginary 5ft square, making a tiny mental map, and continuing doing so until he has checked the first 3 entrance steps.

DMBlackhart
2009-03-01, 06:31 PM
John's odd meens of trap locating seem fruitless. The rock does nothing more then knock about causing noise. However as you advance roughly 16 or so feet inward you see something in the shadows, deeper in the cave. From this angle you can see that all sources of light stop roughly 100feet ahead, and the roof lowers gradually at 30feet per 60feet inward ( until it levels about 50 feet high )

Off in the shadows you can make out the form of something, big. It isent moving from what you can tell.....

Fan
2009-03-01, 06:38 PM
John nonchalantly throws a sunrod down the place believing the thing to be a illusion.

Katasi
2009-03-01, 06:42 PM
Arum goes in along with everyone else, casting light on the top of his staff before reaching the shadows. He gets ready to attack the big thing if need be.

(I'm readying an action to start casting magic missile if the thing seems hostile)

DMBlackhart
2009-03-01, 06:46 PM
John lights and lobs a sunrod roughly 50 or so feet in. The light WAS dimmed that far, but now you can see clearly for 160 feet ( instead of 100. From johns position ) and an additional 30 feet shadowy beyond that. The rest is dark.

Roughly 50 feet off is the hulking body of a giant beast. ( Huge ) The body of what looks to be a humanoid creature lies in the cavern mouth. Almost covering the entire width of the tunnel. from here you can see its clearly injured and unresponsive.....

Fan
2009-03-01, 06:58 PM
John moves silently towards it being sure to stick in the dimmest areas of light, as he attempts a closer look.

Move silently
[roll0]

If need be hide
[roll1]

DMBlackhart
2009-03-01, 07:13 PM
John Finds it hard to find many areas lacking strong light. Your advance remains fairly silent although its difficult to remain hidden. the creature remains motionless, from here you can see wounds covering the creature all about. and blood on the cavernous floor below.

ZaneLaCoix
2009-03-01, 07:21 PM
[Seph]

"Light, on." The little orb orbiting his shoulders lit up, offering a touch more light to the already vibrant area around them. Silently as he could, but most definitely not hidden, not with the light illuminating him like a bulb in the darkness, he progresses forward--with John just at the edge of the light.

Activating the Watchlamp, with light as a torch

Stealth [roll0]

Fan
2009-03-01, 07:32 PM
"Well, poor sap didn't last long... Anyways... watch out for traps, and if you set one off use the hulk as a shield."
Catiously, I proceed.

DMBlackhart
2009-03-01, 08:45 PM
John you advance further down the tunnel. ( without specifing a depth I will take you till something is of notice ) you walk for roughly 20 seconds ( 180 feet ) before you come to a doorway...what could lie beyond?

Door The door is basic wood, old and cracking. It seems ready to fall apart.

Fan
2009-03-01, 09:10 PM
John walks forwad, and ooks to see ifthere is a door handle.

Jokes
2009-03-01, 09:14 PM
Hilgut

As he falls through the portal into the darkness, Hilgut can't help but think that maybe he is dead. He hears noises around him but soon realises other people are stepping through the portal. Relieved, he follows behind the one with the magic lamp.

He follows quietly, but stops when he sees the huge beast. He ***** his head to the side, trying to recognise the creature under all the blood.

[roll0]

DMBlackhart
2009-03-01, 10:18 PM
Hilgut Your knowledge of nature reveals nothing of what this creature is. Your not even sure if this is something from the natural world

OoC ( As for the Appearence of it. It looks to be a [huge] Humanoid man. )

Sitting next to the slain body you see a massively oversized [huge] Halberd and an exceptionally large hemp bag [Medium]

John You look about the door. You notice the lack of a handle, but from the way the hinges are attached the door seems to push inwards

Jokes
2009-03-01, 10:33 PM
Hilgut

Spotting the bag, Hilgut creeps toward it, then searches through it.

[roll0] (in case there is something hidden in it)

DMBlackhart
2009-03-01, 10:42 PM
Hilgut Inside the bag you see a stack of papers roughly the size of your chest, if not a tad larger. You also find some rotten meats and a few gold coins the size of your head.

ZaneLaCoix
2009-03-02, 04:35 AM
[Seph]

"Oy!" He calls out to the rest lagging behind. "It's safe if you want to come closer!" The monk wasn't about ready to progress forward without the rest. Within this strange realm of true mystery, and oddness. Especially as the items which he saw around him, excluding the door, seemed oversized--as if he had shrunk.

Kobold-Bard
2009-03-02, 04:47 AM
(Damn you all and your silly American time zones.)

Dero

Coming out from the portal Dero also walked forward, stopping briefly to say a prayer of condolance over the huge man.

Turning to Hilgut he says "barely in and you're already looting the possessions of a dead man"?

He then continued down towards John's location without waiting for a reply, his quarterstaf clacking aainst the ground with every second footfall.

Jokes
2009-03-02, 05:40 AM
Hilgut

"Well, think about it, the fact that he hasn't been looted by whatever killed him is interesting. The foods all rotten, so he's probably been dead a while. If a trap killed him, it probably would have gotten him too." He indicates toward John at the end of the hall. "So, whatever killed him wasn't interested in taking his stuff."

"And besides, looting implies there is anything worth taking. I mean look at this." He pulls out one of the coins. "How are we going to carry something like this around?" He spins the coin around on the ground. He does take another moment to inspect the papers.

DMBlackhart
2009-03-02, 08:28 AM
Hilgut** You ruffle through the 200 or so nody sized papers. Difficult to lift them all you dig through only a handfull at a time. On each you relise its written in some foreign tounge *

** ( Disregard the name, and ALL PCs read it, the names will just help specify the exact patron recieving the info from now on )

*( If you dont know giant, tough luck )

Jokes
2009-03-02, 09:18 AM
Hilgut

The goblin quickly gives up reading the papers. "Well, Mr. Thing, I hope you fought well and rest now in your eternity." Hilgut then follows after John and the others.

Lansier
2009-03-02, 01:23 PM
Todath

After starring at the giant corpse for a second Todath makes his was to the door, stopping briefly to glance at the papers found by Hillgut but finding himself unable to decipher them.

DMBlackhart
2009-03-02, 01:32 PM
General The door looks to be made of pure wood, no iron braces or add-ons. The door is hanging by only a single hinge as the other is damaged by rust and use. The door has some cracks and warps in it.

Fan
2009-03-02, 01:37 PM
John

Well, John is going to kick in the door, ready with his whip in case of attack.

DMBlackhart
2009-03-02, 01:44 PM
"kick in the door" style of play. Good call :smallwink:

General You peer into the room. With your ample lighting and natural sights you can see the entirety of this area. Its a completely featureless square room (dimensions: 75x75 ) With both a closed door to the southwest and northeast (upper north to the left, and lower south to the right. * )

* (hilgut I think? well whoever is the mapper this is the start of region one, from here on out I suggest you map, and I ask you supply a map with each new room ASAP. So if you can try to stay on a room X by description basis.)

As a side note I ask for simplicities sake you us w/e mapping program you will be implying as well as the PDF of Worlds Largest Dungeon. Partly due to the fact my descriptions of dimensions suck, and this map gets pretty weird later. Also anyone who supplies a Picture of your character to Hilgut?- The mapper, will recieve a bonus magic item ( which will be suggested and implemented at my descretion within the game at a time I deem worthy )

( Also "mapper" I will be giving you the bonus I mentioned at the end of each "leveling step" if you keep to mapping swiftly and accurately.)

Fan
2009-03-02, 05:08 PM
John motions to the others to follow with that odd "It's okay" look on his face.

DMBlackhart
2009-03-02, 09:08 PM
bump in the name of the god-king tibby!!

ZaneLaCoix
2009-03-02, 09:22 PM
[Seph]

The monk was perhaps one of the first to slip through the door. Still he kept to his silent movements. He knew that with the light shining around his shoulders he would stick out like a Balor's Wing on a Deva in this darkness--but it wouldn't stop him from progressing like a cat, and watching the environment around him as best his human, sapphire eyes could.

Perception [roll0]

Jokes
2009-03-02, 10:31 PM
Mappy

http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh111/jokersmods/Maps/WLD/Room1areaA.gif

The coordinates are odd for a very valid reason :smallwink: It's easier for me to put the one huge map down and expose as we go, rather than cutting and pasting each little section of the map. I have the player version of the areas, so I don't know exactly what's in a room.

FF has so far been the only one to link a pic. I was also tempted to give both monks the same token :smalltongue:

DMBlackhart
2009-03-02, 10:32 PM
General The room is entirely featureless. There are scuff marks on the finely shaped cobblestone flooring, as if from alot of movement in or out of this area. However nothing else of note. The doors that sit on both the south western and north-eastern sides of this room are made of wood with iron frames and hinges. They seems untouched and in great condition. There are at least 5 unlit torches on the walls.

(thanks mappy. If you can keep a somewhat constant pace I will be sure to give you that minor reward shortly near the end of this region. Where as everyone else who DOES pick a token out before midday tomorrow can pick a ( cheap-ish... no more then say 4000gp ) magic item and I will be SURE to have it appear some time soon.[rather then much much later or be a random item you may or may not benifit from )

Fan
2009-03-02, 11:49 PM
John moves forward tenatively, drawing a second sun rod from his belt, and keeping his whip dagger at the ready should things turn nasty as he moves to the north door.

Kobold-Bard
2009-03-03, 06:15 AM
When Deno enters the room, and sees no-one in there he will simply stand to one side, happy to let the others search around.

(OOC: So DMT, what's my incentive to give our mapper a picture? I can't use magical items after all. Hmmmm?:smallbiggrin:)

DMBlackhart
2009-03-03, 06:27 AM
( OoC: Ah yes, well you will know me to not be an entirely fair DM. I do suggest you give mappy a pick so as to have a nice avatar, but ultimately your incentive [4k] will be distributed throughout the dungeon. [as food, supplies, rope, jewels, etc] )

Kobold-Bard
2009-03-03, 06:50 AM
(OOC: You make a persuasive argument. I would have given him one anyway just so I'm not left out, but now, free food is sounding pretty good. I'll link him it today.)

DMBlackhart
2009-03-03, 07:01 AM
(OoC: Food does seem more advantegeous rather then godl to him. However I figured I will ask everyone who DOES give mappy a picture that instead of sugesting a 4000gp item to only suggest a 2000gp item instead. ) ( Where as I will be making the dungeon full of "more food" instead of giving you your actual item K.B. if that sounds acceptable?)

Fan
2009-03-03, 10:52 AM
John will attempt to open the north door with his right hand still on his whip dagger ready to snap it out at the first sign of danger.

DMBlackhart
2009-03-03, 10:58 AM
John reaches out his left hand. The door seems not to move at first, until it becomes apparent the door only pushes inward....

Inside ( Room A2 for mappy ) As long as you stand on this side of the doorway the room beyond swallows all light, natural or magical. Not even those with stronger eyesight(darkvision) can see within.

Fan
2009-03-03, 11:08 AM
"Hmm, that a rather odd development... I've never been one to fear the dark though, so I shall go forward unto dawn!"
John will motion for the others to follow, and use his left and that is no longer pushing the door, to activate a sun rod, and walk through the door way.

DMBlackhart
2009-03-03, 11:30 AM
Into the DarknessYour Sunrod glows bleakly in this otherwise vast room. Although the lighting along with the shadowy illumination lights up the entire room, it carrys a feel of gloom to it. Two more iron clad doors in sight, one straight ahead of you the other some feet of to the right of that one. The silence is broken by a cough in the distance. Off to the west. A second cough is followed by that. You can see just at the edge of your bright illumination three medium green skinned warriors. Orcs to be exact. Sitting around a pile of bags, armor, and other miscelanious gear. They only stare, none of them get up from their squatting position to bother you.

Jokes
2009-03-03, 11:38 AM
Hilgut

The bard is either brave or stupid, Hilgut thinks, but, sometimes they are the same... Nevertheless, he seems to be inspired by the young man and keeps close to his heels. He pauses at the door after John walks through. He isn't gifted with the dark sight his smaller cousins have, but after seeing John disappear into the inky blackness he realises it probably wouldn't help. Taking a deep breath, he follows in.

Mappy McMapster
http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh111/jokersmods/Maps/WLD/A2.gif
Let me know where orcs are. I'll fix it all up in the morning *yawn*

Fan
2009-03-03, 11:51 AM
John a little doubtful of weather or not these orcs are real, as from his VERY basic knwoledge of them they always had a tendency to attack those who intrude on their territory

(I disbelieve!)

If I make the save, and they are illusional: Then John chuckles to himself about wizards, and their mind games, and proceeds to check the room for hidden things

If I don't make the save, or they are real: John readies himself for combat, using his whip dagger to attempt to trip what may be the nearest one, but his vision is kind of blurred so it may be any of them.
[roll2] touch attack
and trip roll
[roll3] (+1 weapon focus, +1 dex, +4 trip weapon, +4 improved trip.)

Init

[roll]1d20+1

As he advances 30ft towards them he starts breaking it down, with a snap of his whip he begins to sing as he dances
"Oh, baby where are the oldies they used to play
Oh, baby you want to crawl back into yesterday
You don't want to deal with the future
You don't want to make any plans
Oh, baby, all you wanna do is dance
Oh, baby, all you wanna do is dance !"
Dance, and sing checks

[roll]1d20+9
1d20+9

DMBlackhart
2009-03-03, 11:59 AM
OoC: I will wait till
1. Mappy has put the orc tokens in their spots
2. You all post your moves/attacks/init.

ooC: Be aware non of you can hear or see the above stuff ( thats right, cant HEAR it ) until you pass through the doorway.

Fan
2009-03-03, 12:14 PM
Init

[roll0]

Song, and DANCE!

Dance
[roll1]
Song
[roll2]

If the dance, and song is made (I'm not using bardic music, just singing for the torture aspect.)
I make a diplo check as part of it

[roll3]

Jokes
2009-03-03, 12:23 PM
Hilgut

Stepping through the door, Hilgut spots the bard dancing his way toward a group of orcs. How peculiar.

"Hullo, fine gents," he calls out, "we seem to be in the need of some information, and you fine lads may be able to help us. Do you, perchance, know exactly where we are?"

[roll0]

[roll1] if things go sour.

@FF- The Orcs are about 100 ft away from the door. I'll update the map when it isn't 4 in the morning...

Kobold-Bard
2009-03-03, 01:32 PM
Seeing the group move on Dero moved into the room as well.

Seeing the Orcs he clenched his fists, ready to fight if need be. He would have attempted to communicate, but his two companions seemed to be one step ahead of him. So instead he simply readied himself for combat in case things went south.

Init: [roll0]

Ready an action to charge the first combating Orc that comes into range. Just to be clear, not just the first Orc that comes into range, but the first Orc who is attacking that comes into range.

DMBlackhart
2009-03-03, 02:34 PM
OoC: This reply doesent count for the overall effect of the game. I am still waiting on the other 2 to post actions.

No matter what your actions are, you no longer see the once stalwart gnomish mage among you. Where has he gone? You know not.

( This is a elequent way of me saying IC he got banned for suckish posting rate. He missed 1 entire day w/o posting which isent normally bad but in general compared to others his posting is slow, I dont allow this. I thank all of those who do not see this as a melevolent act and who have stayed with the game at a good pace thus far. Frenchy I doubt you will be dropped, however your posting rate is a bit on the low side. Lansier, you may be next. Im not forcing you guys to play, im forcing to post semi-often if you want to play in MY game. So thanks go out to Vamp,Mappy,and K.B. I have one or two new recruits comming in. if we get two then I will drop lansier. If only 1 then katasi is already dropped. Thankyou for listening to this rant. )

Lansier
2009-03-03, 02:47 PM
OoC: Sorry for not posting more frequently, you guys do most of your posting in what I percieve to be the middle of the night, plus I cant post when I'm at work during the day

IC:
Todath

Todath follows his compainions into the next room, a reassuring feeling echoing thru his mind and caling his nerves somewhat. As he mentally prepares for whatever lies beyond he draws his bow and redies an arrow.

Initiative: [roll0]

DMBlackhart
2009-03-03, 03:00 PM
OoC: No trouble at all lansier. Post as you find convienient. I dont like getting in the way of personal lives. however be aware that since I hate slow games and PbP being naturally slow paced I will ban you if your posting gets TOO low. ( so far your fine ) Just remember to have fun. The Mage is gone and you guys will be reciving a Archer soon ( so mappy if you'd take that into consideration when reposting the map please )

DMBlackhart
2009-03-03, 03:23 PM
( I have decided that since we have a monk already and that frenchy runs his own game and that he wont have opprotunities to be on as much as I would like AND that 5 is enough to survive on that I will drop him as well and continue with the game once the archer posts Init. Mappy when you read these please remedy this and edit and repost the map please. )

Zerg Cookie
2009-03-03, 03:30 PM
OoC: I'm a new player, I just talked with the DM about joining the campaign... (My character's sheet) (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/view.php?id=111524)

A mysterious man comes through the way you came from.
"I'm a friend. I came through the portal, just like you"

DMBlackhart
2009-03-03, 03:40 PM
OoC: ( use brackets, dont use spaces, capitalize JUST the R in roll and dont preview the post so (Roll)1d20+4(/Roll) but with brackets )

Zerg Cookie
2009-03-03, 03:48 PM
Init:
[roll0]

DMBlackhart
2009-03-03, 04:10 PM
Initiative:
John 21
Hilgut 17
Tordath 6(1st)
Dero 6(2nd)
Orcs Init: [roll0]

More to come....

DMBlackhart
2009-03-03, 04:14 PM
The orcs whatch as more and more people enter the room. At first they pay no mind, until one of them begins to dance and sing. Although irritating it only makes the Orcs growl and toss pebbles. As Hilgut attempts to reason with the orcs they reply with a gutteral growl,Heheh, you see soon. The larger of the three orcs replies, the rest chuckling at this. The meakest one gives off another flem filled cough. In the better lighting you can see the orcs look tired and beaten. Clearly in no shape to bother with random passerbys.

Fan
2009-03-03, 07:17 PM
John, a little peeved at the orcs, but not going to kill them walks forward to the door, and opens it quitely

Stealth roll

[roll0]

Jokes
2009-03-03, 07:58 PM
Hilgut

"My, your friend doesn't sound well." He cautiously approaches the orcs. "If you like, I could trade some water for information."

Phar Map
http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh111/jokersmods/Maps/WLD/A2-2.gif

DMBlackhart
2009-03-03, 08:02 PM
( lol hay mappy I wont update NOW but after a few others have replied I will update to vamps reckless "lets move on" post. so get the appropraite map ready for when I do K? )

Despite the fact your more then 100 feet away the orcs swing a tired arm at you and grunt, Leave us. We not fight. you will die.
The orcs dont seem to understand but a handfull of common words, enough to get the threat across however

Jokes
2009-03-03, 08:13 PM
Hilgut

Hilgut tries again in goblin.

DMBlackhart
2009-03-03, 08:23 PM
The larger of the orc stands up and moves about 30 feet before stumbling onto his knee. Once hes back up, his waraxe supporting himself he growls ( in goblin ) Gruh, we will not help you. If you do not leave us then we will fight. We have nothing left to offer anyone. Now go, go into the darkness

Jokes
2009-03-03, 09:02 PM
Hilgut

A look of deep concern spreads across Hilguts face. (goblin) "If it comes to that, I know you will fight with honour." He bows respectfully at the orc. "But I do not wish for that, nor do I wish to see you suffer. I do not wish for anything in return, but for to see you well. Please let me help you. If you refuse me a third time, then I will be on my way."

DMBlackhart
2009-03-03, 09:08 PM
The smaller orc continues his fitfull cough. The larger of the orcs goes back to were he was sitting and begins to ignore you.

Jokes
2009-03-03, 09:33 PM
Hilgut

"I see," he says, nodding sadly. The goblin turns on his heels and walks back to the party.

Zerg Cookie
2009-03-04, 12:11 AM
Veledir
"What's wrong with the orcs?"

I draw my bow, not readying an arrow yet

Jokes
2009-03-04, 01:55 AM
Hilgut

"They seem to be sick, they are refusing my help... They don't seem well enough to fight, so I think we should just let them be."

DMBlackhart
2009-03-04, 02:16 AM
New update!! ( Ok so mappys been "fired" hes still in the game, but I have found and EASY and quick way to do the mapping. )

So now about those "pics" mappy requested, those are now moot. :smallbiggrin:

So I will be giving the "pics" reward to all PCs just for the sake of equality and me being bored :p

So everyone PM me with a requested magic item of NO MORE then 2000gp. I will be sure you find this item sometime (early-ish ) in the dungeon. ( this is considered a reward because unlike all the other magic items I could give you this one is gaurenteed to be what you want, other then random magic items of no use. )

Lansier
2009-03-04, 03:39 AM
Todath

"I agree we should not fight if we don't have to, it would be better to save our strenght. Perhaps we can find more information further in."

Kobold-Bard
2009-03-04, 06:48 AM
Wishing that he could do more than simply leave them be, Dero continues on after John. After all, he can't help those that won't accept it.

Zerg Cookie
2009-03-04, 07:59 AM
Veledir
I put my bow back
"Let's move on. We're wasting our time"

DMBlackhart
2009-03-04, 01:20 PM
OoC: I am having internet problems. So for this entire week I wont hold it against anyone if they chose to only reply 1/day or less then that. After the problems been solved I will be strict again however. I myself wont be replying probably more then 1-2/day.

Zerg Cookie
2009-03-04, 02:00 PM
OoC: I'm sorry to inform that I won't be able to post for 2.5/3 days, starting tomorrow. :smallfrown:
But after that I'll be able to post a lot (Most of the GMT+2 daytime).
If you get in a fight situation while I'm gone, I ask the DM to roll for me, I'll just hide behind my comrades and shoot (+4 on attack rolls with my longbow [+5 when the target is closer than 30 ft.], 1d8 dmg)...
And once again, I'm sorry about it...

DMBlackhart
2009-03-04, 02:03 PM
Map? http://s676.photobucket.com/albums/vv122/DMT_Black/?action=view&current=2A-1.jpg

This is a test of the mapping program. If it works then shweet. it is the current room your all in, sorry for the major delay in the game.

Tashor OoC: No problem. I will be sure to do that, thankyou for the heads up.

DMBlackhart
2009-03-04, 02:04 PM
Map? http://s676.photobucket.com/albums/vv122/DMT_Black/?action=view&current=2A-1.jpg

This is a test of the mapping program. If it works then shweet. it is the current room your all in, sorry for the major delay in the game.

Tashor OoC: No problem. I will be sure to do that, thankyou for the heads up.

DMBlackhart
2009-03-04, 03:15 PM
Maphttp://i676.photobucket.com/albums/vv122/DMT_Black/A3-1.jpg

General: John pushes open the door, hand on whip. With a gentle creek the door slides all the way open. Immediatly you are bombarded by a putrid odor. The first thing to catch your eyes would be the 23 dead reptillian bodies piled in the center of the room. 17 of which appear to be kolbolds and 6 troglodytes.Each of which in varying stages of decay.All seem to be completely nude. Stripped of all possesions.

Crunch: Make a fortitude save everyone

OoC: Please be sure to state what sqaure your in in every room at the end of your action/post. I.E: "Tibby walks in, examines the bodies, searches for gold, then leans against the northern most wall" would land me in the C1 or so.

Kobold-Bard
2009-03-04, 03:54 PM
Fort Save: [roll0]

Walking into the room Dero claps a hand over his nose, desperately trying to fend off the stench.

Seeing the body pile he toruns to Hilgut. "You feel like doing some more looting? They don't look like they'll put up much of a fight".

DMBlackhart
2009-03-04, 04:00 PM
KoBoldBard: ?Dero? is overpowered by the stench of the room. His stomach churns, and his legs feel weak. [Sickened: -2 on attack rolls, Weapon Damage, saving throws,skill checks and ability checks]

DMBlackhart
2009-03-04, 09:04 PM
Disregard Please

Jokes
2009-03-04, 09:49 PM
[roll0]

Hilgut

The goblin looks around the room, then out the door at the orcs. "Well, that suddenly makes a lot of sense."

DMBlackhart
2009-03-04, 09:58 PM
Hilgut: You saved.

OoC: Ok so, I got my connection working fine, and I checked over the few things that needed doing this week/weekend. So in short I will be back on as normal. And as such I will go back to my strictness in posting. Meening I myself will be able to post constantly and sporatically throughout the day. Which also meens that I ask you the players to keep a 1/day posting rate( although more is good :p ).

Zerg Cookie
2009-03-05, 12:13 AM
Talshor's Fortitude Save:[roll0]

OoC:Last post before I have to go.
I just want to ask you to pay attention to the bonuses in my character's sheet (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheets/view.php?id=111524)

Fan
2009-03-05, 05:31 AM
Bardic save of fail.

[roll0]

Lansier
2009-03-05, 11:18 AM
Todath

Todath follows the others into the room.

[roll0]

DMBlackhart
2009-03-05, 11:32 AM
John: You, being the first one to open the door, smell the offensive odor first. Scattered about the room are 23 bodies. All reptillian. 17 look to be kolbold and 6 troglodyte. The bodies, being in various stages of decay, are clearly the cause of the odor. Your stomach begins to churn and your head swivel.[Sickened]
Todath: The room is a vast one. and within you see 23 naked rotting corpses. The 23 reptillian bodies are each in a differentiating stage of decay. You can make out that 17 of the bodies are kolbolds, and 6 troglodytes. Your body begins to scream in digust. your knees feel weak, and you begin dry heaving.[Sickened]

DMBlackhart
2009-03-05, 11:43 AM
OoC: Hay everyone. I ask that you give me more info per post if possible. Enough to get the game moving at a faster pace. Please and thankyou.

Fan
2009-03-05, 03:07 PM
John proceeds to blow chunks for a few seconds, before regaining, somewhat, his composure, and covering his face with a rag in a attempt to block the offensive scent, that stung the eye, much like bad ethnic cooking (the kind that you smell in a apartment complex when EVERYBODY decides it's odd smelling dish night, and you end up with a smell similar to a mixture of month old garbage, and rotten onion. :smallyuk:)

DMBlackhart
2009-03-06, 02:28 AM
OoC: This game still alive?

Kobold-Bard
2009-03-06, 06:50 AM
Turning back to the Orcs Dero confronts them from the doorway.

"Is this your doing scum"?

He then readies an action to attack the first attacking orc in range

Jokes
2009-03-06, 07:25 AM
Hilgut

Seeing the others retch and cough in the room, Hilgut blocks the doorway, trying to stop anyone else from entering. He cox his head, trying to fit the pieces together. "Don't be so rash, they may have just stumbled on the bodies, much like we did, and were sickened, but looted anyway. For all we know, the reptiles killed each other."

Kobold-Bard
2009-03-06, 07:47 AM
"Then would there not be one left alive to slay his final enemy? Is it not more likely that the 'tired' Orcs where the ones who did it?"

DMBlackhart
2009-03-06, 08:09 AM
The orcs listen halfheartedly at both dero and hilgut. Until the words "Scum" are mentioned, at which they grab their blade, standing, grumbling angerally.
CommonLike....our...enemies. You.....will.....join.....pile.The orcs each advance 30 feet,slowly. Not yet striking.
Maphttp://i676.photobucket.com/albums/vv122/DMT_Black/A2.jpg

Orc-M,2 & M,3 & N,3

OoC: Initiative

Jokes
2009-03-06, 08:15 AM
Hilgut

"Now you've gone and got them mad." He draws his bow and notches an arrow, pointing it at the leader. (goblin) "Not a wise move, friend, not in your condition."

Oh, and I just had a wonderful post that would absolve the orcs of the whole thing until I clicked "preview" :smalltongue:

DMBlackhart
2009-03-06, 08:34 AM
Orc Initiative:[roll0]

Kobold-Bard
2009-03-06, 12:04 PM
(OOC: Initiative: [roll0]. Do we get tokens in this map. Which door are we next to)

DMBlackhart
2009-03-06, 12:08 PM
OoC: Pick an area around A-B, 1-3.

Lansier
2009-03-06, 02:00 PM
I'll take B-1
Initiative:
[roll0]

Todath
His stomach lurching Todath only barely manages prevent the loss of his lunch. Supressing his nausea he steps out of the room only to catch Dero taunting the orcs outside. Seeing the orcs advance he redies his bow.

(In Orcish)
"We do not wish to fight, just tell us what happened and none of us need to die."

DMBlackhart
2009-03-06, 02:59 PM
OoC: Due to the fact that this game moves slowly I have banned lansier ( sorry but hes the slowest so far )
So ignroe his post. Also I ask that when you post in or out of battle, to give me the MAXIMUM possible actions. ( err, poor wording. I meen to say, I want you to describe all the different things you will do, I.E. Searches, go to different rooms, pick stuff up, RP etc. ) Same with in combat.

Fan
2009-03-06, 04:15 PM
I choose A-2 for my location here is initiative, and actions

Intiative (DM, and mappy only.)

[roll0]

Free actions, and immiedates.

Free action
Fascinate targetting closest Orc

[roll1]
Preform sing

Immediate

Snow flake war dance DC 15
[roll2]

Attack

Touch attack for trip
[roll3]

Trip check

[roll4]

DMBlackhart
2009-03-06, 07:59 PM
Alright guys, its with a heavy heart ( and a light wallet ) that I have announced im letting this game die. I have another cool PbP game here I DM. so this isent much of a concern to me. And to tthose that WERE having fun, I apologise.

If your interested and have free saturdays check this out...

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=106436