PDA

View Full Version : [Creature] Prinny

Behold_the_Void
2006-09-09, 04:01 AM
I love Disgaea entirely too much. I may actually make a lot of the creatures, but right now I'm just working on the basic Prinny and (if I get around to them) the higher ranked Prinnies. I've never actually made a monster before, so this is liable to be riddled with mistakes. Also, I think the CR and LA are about right, but I'm not sure. Advice is most welcome.

http://vae.bankiz.org/disgaea/images/classes/corps/prinny.gif

Prinny, 1st Level Warrior
Size/Type: Small Outsider
Hit Dice: 1d8+1 (5 hp)
Initiative: +2
Speed: 20 feet (4 squares)
Armor Class: 13 (+1 size, +2 dex), Touch 13, Flat-footed 11
Base Attack/Grapple: +1/-3
Attack: Dagger +2 melee (1d4)
Full Attack: Two daggers +0 melee (1d4)
Space/Reach: 5 ft./5 ft.
Special Attacks: Highly Explosive
Special Qualities: Reincarnation, Darkvision 60 ft.
Saves: Fort +3, Ref +2, Will -1
Abilities: Str 10, Dex 15, Con 12, Int 7, Wis 8, Cha 10
Skills: +11 Hide, +7 Move Silently
Feats: Two-Weapon Fighting
Environment: Celestia, the Netherworld
Organization: Solitary, Gang (4-9), Squad (10-14), Unit (50-100), Army (1,000+)
Challenge Rating: ½?
Treasure: Standard
Alignment: Usually evil (new prinny) or neutral/good (prinny near reincarnation)
Advancement: By character class
Level Adjustment: +0?

Prinnies are small, penguin-like creatures that carry brown pouches around their belly. They are the souls of the most sinful humans sewn into Prinny bodies and awaiting Reincarnation. Prinnies work off their sins in either Celestia or the Netherworld by doing chores for little to no pay. They are often the subject of a great deal of abuse, and make the perfect cannon fodder, or, in some cases, cannon ammunition. On the night of the Red Moon, Prinnies that have atoned for their sins are released, their souls flying away to be reincarnated and live their next life.

Prinnies remember their past lives, and retain all class levels, spells, ability scores (without racial modifiers, apply prinny racial modifiers instead), and abilities. Any possessions they once had are lost, and any abilities tied to their old form are also lost.

Prinnies are most commonly known to carry around brown pouches that hold various knick-knacks. Among those are two daggers, the standard weapon of most prinnies. Prinnies tend to attack with a flurry of dagger slashes, making up for their weak forms with several successive slashes.

Prinnies are blue with a white belly. Almost all prinnies start using the word “dood” after all of their sentences.

Combat:

Prinnies are generally lazy and indolent creatures, who will goof off if given half the chance. They will usually only fight when ordered to, assuming the orders are backed up by threats of extreme physical violence. Prinnies aren’t very bright, and their best tactics are generally swarming enemies by their sheer numbers. When in the company of a commander, they may be tossed, their Highly Explosive ability being put to use.

Highly Explosive (Ex):

Prinnies explode when they are thrown. Nobody is quite sure why this happens, but when a prinny is flung with enough force (knocked, kicked, or otherwise moved through the air at least 10 feet), the Prinny explodes in a 10 foot radius, dealing 2d6 fire damage to everyone in the immediate area (Reflex DC 11 half). This explosion destroys the prinny’s body utterly, but the prinny will reappear, good as new, in 1d4+1 days.

Prinnies are treated as an exotic throwing weapon for purposes of hurling.

Reincarnation (Ex):

When a Prinny has atoned for its sins, it can “fly by night” during the Red Moon. When the Red Moon appears, the Prinnies all gather, singing an eerie song that could be interpreted as some kind of supplication to the moon itself. Those prinnies that have finished atoning for their sins discard their prinny shells and rise as spirits into the moon, moving on to their next life. Treat as the 4th level Druid spell “Reincarnate.” Unlike with a normal reincarnation, the newly reincarnated being has no memory of either their past life or their time as a Prinny.

Prinnies as Characters:

Private Prinny characters possess the following traits:

• +2 dexterity, -2 intelligence. Prinnies are surprisingly dexterous, most being able to wield two daggers with little problem. However, something about the Prinny transformation seems to have drained their cognitive abilities, and the average Prinny is generally unintelligent at best.
• Small size: +1 bonus to Armor Class, +1 bonus on attack rolls, +4 bonus on Hide checks, -4 penalty on grapple checks, lifting and carrying limits ¾ those of Medium characters.
• Darkvision out to 60 feet
• Highly Explosive ability as explained above
• Reincarnation Special Quality as explained above.
• +4 to Hide and Move Silently. Prinnies have learned that it’s best to stay out of sight if they don’t want to be abused and/or thrown at something.
• Automatic Languages: Common. Bonus Languages: Any
• Favored Class: Fighter