Charles Phipps
2009-03-05, 12:51 AM
Watch it and tell me if you disagree.

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/485797

*provides paper bags for brain remains afterwards*

kpenguin
2009-03-05, 01:12 AM
That was hilarious!

Although, if Alan Moore ever saw it, I suspect he'd <insert extreme action here>

Piedmon_Sama
2009-03-05, 01:18 AM
This is solid gold.

Dumbledore lives
2009-03-05, 01:25 AM
It is really awesome, especially Ozymandias catching the Comedian as he falls out the window.

MCerberus
2009-03-05, 01:46 AM
This title of this thread is accurate. 100% awesome.

edit- can't... stop...

I'm nutty!

Verruckt
2009-03-05, 01:55 AM
Wow... if it weren't for my horse I wouldn't have spent that year in college...

*brains dribble out nose*

Ascension
2009-03-05, 02:39 AM
That's amazing. I would totally watch that show. And buy the action figures. Especially the Dr. Manhattan-mobile.

It's so wrong that it comes back around to being right again. :smallbiggrin:

Verruckt
2009-03-05, 03:40 AM
I just realized exactly what Comedian wanting a kiss from Silk Specter 2 entails.
I think I threw up a little.

Berserk Monk
2009-03-05, 03:54 AM
That was hilarious!

Although, if Alan Moore ever saw it, I suspect he'd <insert extreme action here>

I think he'd be cool with it. He was on an episode of the Simpsons and they did a Watchmen parody. (http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/8/8c/Watchmenbabies.png)

Also, get vid. Watched it twice and laughed out loud both times. I was disappointed that it was only the theme song and nothing more.

Tamburlaine
2009-03-05, 06:18 AM
It's so wrong... yet it feels so right. Dang but that would be an awesome show. I think 'Rorschach: friend to all the animals' has to be my favourite.

revolver kobold
2009-03-05, 09:25 AM
Wow... if it weren't for my horse I wouldn't have spent that year in college...

*brains dribble out nose*

Hey, another Lewis Black fan!

I don't think it was entirely healthy for me to watch that directly after coming home from seeing Watchmen at the cinema.

I'm now going to go to bed, and probably have some very messed up dreams.

Rutskarn
2009-03-05, 09:45 AM
Holy friggin' awesomecake superfrick.

Winterwind
2009-03-05, 10:05 AM
People put warnings that something will be damaging to one's sanity, brain, mind or whatever on everything that is slightly out of the norm. We see those warnings, shrug and think, okay, it's going to be a bit zany from here. Fair enough. And we stop to take these warnings seriously.

Then, something like this comes around, and people do not believe. They have forgotten that there is real madness, truly mind-shattering insanity in this world. They no longer care about warnings, they no longer believe in monsters. They have no idea what awaits them when they carelessly click on the link you so deviously provided.

And then there was a great disturbance in the Force, as if millions cried out and proceeded to giggle maniacally.

You, sir, have the blood of countless brains on your hands. I hope you can still sleep at night.

Jahkaivah
2009-03-05, 03:19 PM
Jon can give you cancer... and turn into a car!

Weezer
2009-03-05, 03:55 PM
Oh gods, I think reading the Necronomicon would have dropped my san score less than that monstrosity did.

Tengu_temp
2009-03-05, 04:15 PM
The guy who made this deserves a free drink of his choosing. The worst thing about this video is that the song is such an earworm you can't get it, and by proxy the whole thing, out of your head. I had to fight it off with another earworm.

The Neoclassic
2009-03-05, 04:25 PM
Yes, you are correct. This destroyed my brain. I don't really think I can say anything more... :smalleek:

Helanna
2009-03-05, 04:32 PM
I'm partially crying because I was laughing so hard, and partially crying because of the sheer mind-crushing horror.

That . . . was . . . amazing/awful/hilarious/soul-stealing/amusing/terrifying/funny/dangerous. Choose any or all of them.

And . . . what Winterwind said.

I'm gonna watch it again now . . . and maybe again . . . dear God it's addictive.

Satyr
2009-03-05, 04:52 PM
I am rarely that speechless after seeing most fanmade videos, but this was both shocking, funny and obviously a very affectionate parody; it so could be an in-universe show in Watchmen, but there were also so many details from the comics, I had to watch several times to get them all.

T-O-E
2009-03-05, 05:53 PM
Scooby Doo Bubastis = Comedy gold.

Turcano
2009-03-05, 06:09 PM
And here I was thinking that the Hamm screenplay would never get used.

evil_d4_swarm
2009-03-05, 06:50 PM
Wow... Just... Wow... That's amazing.

I have to second the "Rorshach friends to animals" as my favorite part... Just before "Jon will give you cancer... and turn into a car."

The order of my emotions while watching that was:

:smallconfused:
:smalleek:
:smallamused:
:smallbiggrin:
http://forums.gleemax.com/images/smilies/jump.gif
http://forums.gleemax.com/images/smilies/roflmao.gif
http://forums.gleemax.com/images/smilies/clap.gif

EDIT: That should be a ringtone.:smalltongue:

chiasaur11
2009-03-05, 07:02 PM
So that's the Abyss that gazes back.

Yeah, I can see how that sort of thing could make you decide the world wasn't worth saving and/or cause you to commit suicide by nigh omnipotent being.

KnightDisciple
2009-03-05, 07:14 PM
I am rarely that speechless after seeing most fanmade videos, but this was both shocking, funny and obviously a very affectionate parody; it so could be an in-universe show in Watchmen, but there were also so many details from the comics, I had to watch several times to get them all.

That's what I was thinking: "Dude, this would be hilarious as an "actual" show in the Watchmen universe!"

SlyGuyMcFly
2009-03-05, 07:52 PM
This is beyond words.

*walks off, singing*

For the watchmeeen

kpenguin
2009-03-05, 07:53 PM
Isn't obvious? After success of O:TAS, the creators got the greenlight to expand the animated universe and create a team show.

hanzo66
2009-03-05, 08:37 PM
Brings to mind of this:
http://thenerdofher.files.wordpress.com/2008/02/watchmen-babies.jpg

BRC
2009-03-05, 08:51 PM
It's hilarious, though in an undefinable way. It is to humor what dark matter is to physics.

Rorschach petting the German shepherds was great.

Rutskarn
2009-03-05, 09:39 PM
It's hilarious, though in an undefinable way. It is to humor what dark matter is to physics.

Oh, it's definable. Irony.

Green Bean
2009-03-06, 12:24 PM

Also notice the "pretty butterfly" in the background. :smallbiggrin:

Nevrmore
2009-03-06, 04:23 PM
And here I was thinking that the Hamm screenplay would never get used.
Well played, sir.

T-O-E
2009-03-06, 07:42 PM
Also notice the "pretty butterfly" in the background. :smallbiggrin:

Like the graphic novel, you have to see it several times to notice everything.

Ethrael
2009-03-07, 09:44 AM
Oh my... :smallbiggrin: I think I've just experienced a new level of torture. :smalltongue:

Iku Rex
2009-03-07, 09:53 AM
Rameses Niblick the Third.

Kerplunk, Kerplunk.

Whoops, Where's My Thribble!!!!!

Jeivar
2009-03-07, 10:35 AM
"Hrm. Good dog."

That was . . . complete and utter mindf**kery. :smallbiggrin:

Ozy saving Comedian. Roarschach juggling pies. Silk Specter playing in a band. Nite Owl dancing. It's just . . . gn . . . it's sort of funny and painful at the same time!!

Excellent video . . . and now Alan Moore will die of rage and return as a vengeful ghost.

HolderofSecrets
2009-03-07, 02:56 PM
So are we trying to make a new form of insanity to defend us when Cthulhu arrives?

Winterwind
2009-03-07, 03:19 PM
So are we trying to make a new form of insanity to defend us when Cthulhu arrives?Actually, I consider this video proof that he already has arrived. :smalleek:

T-O-E
2009-03-07, 03:34 PM
And is making flash videos.

Warpfire
2009-03-07, 04:44 PM
While I thought it was pretty awesomely funny, I can't say I understand the people saying it's "insane". :smallconfused:

Anyway, "Jon can give you cancer...and then turn into a car!" is the best line of anything ever. Though the Comedian getting turned into the 'lovable loser' was also pretty hilarious.

EvilDMMk3
2009-03-07, 04:47 PM
What I find amusing is, if Veidit Industries did do a Saturday Morning Cartoon of the Watchmen, this would not be far from the mark, considering the other mid 80s serieses.

Grynning
2009-03-08, 12:48 AM
The Comedian approves of this thread, and that video.

Pure win.

Executor
2009-03-08, 01:24 AM
Dear Lord... I can't stop watching it.

Help!

chiasaur11
2009-03-08, 01:36 AM
Dear Lord... I can't stop watching it.

Help!

Sadly, there is only one cure.

I think we both know what it is.

Archpaladin Zousha
2009-03-08, 01:37 AM
Yes.

This is the cure. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rXxLbLvCRrk)

AmberVael
2009-03-08, 01:55 AM
So I was watching it a few more times, looking for anything I might have missed, when I noticed the little flyers on the wall when Nite Owl is introduced.

They were obscured and went by too fast for me to catch what they were, so I did a screenshot just in case there was something interesting written on it.

It's an advertisement for "Moloch the Mystic." :smallbiggrin:

Nevrmore
2009-03-08, 01:58 AM
I just like that the little floating dance floor that Nite-Owl is "partying down" on is lifted straight from Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (Michelangelo is a party dude!). Also Silk Spectre's thing was a reference to Jem and the Holograms, but I never watched that.

Rotipher
2009-03-08, 12:16 PM
And of course, she's playing a freakin' keytar. Talk about '80s kitsch!

chiasaur11
2009-03-08, 01:28 PM
Yes.

This is the cure. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rXxLbLvCRrk)

Sadly the cure for that is a bullet to the brain.

And if he gets enough bullets, he'll try to take over the world!

Fifty-Eyed Fred
2009-03-09, 03:09 PM
There are so many hidden gems in this. This guy really went into detail. Plus I love how very wrong The Comedian trying to kiss Silk Spectre is.

I can't stop watching this vid. It's too catchy!

Archpaladin Zousha
2009-03-09, 03:20 PM
What I find amusing is, if Veidit Industries did do a Saturday Morning Cartoon of the Watchmen, this would not be far from the mark, considering the other mid 80s serieses.
Would that even make sense? From what's been said about Tales of The Black Freighter, superhero stuff is hated because public opinion is against costumed vigilantism, so other genres, like pirates became prevalent, since the comic books weren't about supers. Since the comics industry doesn't run superheroes, it'd make sense that tv shows about superheroes would be just as popular, which is to say, make-you-want-to-throw-a-brick-at-the-tv-despised.

Rotipher
2009-03-09, 11:47 PM
Actually, there really was an Ozymandius cartoon show, within the Watchmen universe (Watchverse?). It's explicitly mentioned in the Veidt business documents that preceded the last chapter of the graphic novel, in which it sounds a bit like that world's version of G.I. Joe.

FWIW, Veidt actually rejected a proposal that Nite Owl, Rorschach, and Moloch be introduced as characters in the cartoon, despite his marketing department's lawyers having argued that none of the three would have grounds to challenge such an addition as a breach of copyright. Hence, no scale models of Archie (batteries not included) would be appearing on store shelves, next to the Ozzy action figures.

TengYt
2009-03-10, 01:51 PM
"Ooooh noooooo Adrian! Looks like the Reds are polluting the city lake! What do we dooooooo?!"

Quirinus_Obsidian
2009-03-10, 07:39 PM
I... umm, I ... wait... ach... Jerry Lewis as Rorschach petting dogs "I'ym Nyutty" .... Silk spectre playing a keytar.... Oh my goddess I need to scrub out the inside of my skulll :smalleek:

Mando Knight
2009-03-10, 07:48 PM
<insert extreme action here>

Make the TV series for real? :smalltongue:

sun_tzu
2009-03-11, 04:38 AM
My favorite bit is Ozymandias catching the Comedian to keep him from falling to his death. :smallbiggrin:

SteveMB
2009-03-19, 09:18 PM
Each viewing reveals whole new layers of wrongness.... :smallbiggrin:

Tensu
2009-03-20, 01:49 AM
what was originally here was posted due to an error in dating (I had thought this was a new thread when actually it was an old one that had been bumped) If It had been right, it could have been considered funny to some, but being wrong just made it seem pompous, so I've removed it with apologies.:smallfrown:

kpenguin
2009-03-20, 01:59 AM
Check the dates. You posted your link on March 12th and this thread was started on March 2nd, ten days beforehand.

Tensu
2009-03-20, 10:24 AM
Oh.

sincerest apologies everyone... I failed...:smallfrown:

on the brightside Kpenguin, I admire, respect, and thank you sincerely for your ability to point out that I'm wrong without insulting me. you deserve a cookie for that.

Shadowbane
2009-03-22, 09:16 PM
I love when you see Rorschach with the dogs. If you watch carefully, a pretty butterfly goes through that little shot.

...Genius. But Alan Moore would probably <insert Rorscach-y action here>

Onmi
2009-03-22, 09:30 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3PtS2YJQg4

Ahem...

Dienekes
2009-03-22, 11:00 PM
I can honestly say I did not have any desire to play little big planet until I saw that.

Onmi
2009-03-22, 11:12 PM
I can honestly say I did not have any desire to play little big planet until I saw that.

there supposedly going to do actual movie footage.

Shadowbane
2009-03-22, 11:12 PM
...Omigod. I just had a nerdgasm!

darkblade
2009-03-28, 02:41 PM
Anyone else think that this was more faithfull to the original ending (i.e random squid cameo) than the real movie?

Athaniar
2009-04-01, 01:00 PM
An absolutely hilarious (and well-made) parody, and at the same a homage to the original book. I love it.

EDIT: GAH, it's addictive! Can't... stop... watching... the Watchmen...

FoE
2009-04-15, 08:47 PM
The scene with the three copies of Captain Manhattan in the bed with Silk Spectre reading to them is priceless. :smallbiggrin:

Green Bean
2009-04-15, 10:35 PM
I just noticed that the street thug attacking Nite Owl has a laser for no reason. This video is deep! :smallbiggrin: