PDA

View Full Version : Rogue Demon Hunter paragon path

Raeden
2009-03-05, 01:40 PM
Hi everyone!

I normally don't post here, but Lord Herman asked me to put up the paragon path we've homebrewed for my character in his campaign so that we could get some objective feedback. It's a rogue paragon path that specializes in fighting demons, since this is a mayor theme of the campaign and my character (which can't be covered with just feats and items). It's based mostly on the Dragon Hunter paragon paths from Dragon #369 and the Rogue paragon paths in the PHB. Our main concern is that it might be imbalanced, but any feedback is much appreciated :) So here it goes:

Feat: Initiate of the White Avengers
Prerequisites: You are initiated in the Order of the White Avengers.
Benefit: You gain a +4 bonus on Arcana checks regarding Demons and can speak, read and write fluently in Abyssal.

Paragon Path: Demon Stalker
Prerequisites: Rogue, Initiate of the White Avengers feat

Path Features:
Demon-Slayer’s Action (11th level): Whenever you spend an action point to take an extra action, you also gain a +2 bonus to attack rolls until the start of your next turn. Against demons, you also gain a +2 to damage rolls and the effect lasts until the end of your next turn.
Wrath of the White Blade (11th level): You score a critical hit on rolling 18-20 with a Whiteblade (demonbane sword).
Avenger’s Resolve (16th level): You gain a +2 bonus to the healing value of your second wind action. In addition, you can use your second wind as a minor action when fighting demons.

Powers:

Fiend Distraction - Demon Stalker Encounter 11
Encounter - Martial
Standard Action Melee or Ranged weapon
Target: One creature
Attack: Dexterity vs. AC
Hit: 2[W] + Dexterity modifier damage, and the target grants combat advantage. If the target is a Demon you deal 1[W] extra damage.

Vanish - Demon Stalker Utility 12
Encounter
Minor Action Personal
Target: One creature
Effect: You become invisible to the target until the start of your next turn and may shift up to your cha modifier in squares. If the target is a Demon, you gain combat advantage until the end of your next turn.

Eviscerate - Demon Stalker Daily 20
Encounter - Martial
Standard Action Melee or Ranged weapon
Target: One Creature
Effect: 3[W] + Dexterity modifier damage, and ongoing 10 damage (save ends). If the target is a Demon and you are wielding a Demonbane weapon, deal 1[W] extra damage and increase the ongoing damage to 20 (save ends).
Miss: Half damage and no ongoing damage. If the target is a Demon and you are wielding a Demonbane weapon you still deal 10 ongoing damage.

So, I hope you guys want to help us out :)