PDA

View Full Version : Pandora's Box [Team 1] [IC]

Bangles
2009-03-05, 09:36 PM
DM

Each of you are in the great town of Kalikan. Striding throughout the town you notice freshly laid cobbles on the town, with mortar still settling between them, yet no give or twist throughout the main road.

Hawkers line the main roads, gaily decorated stalls cover the sides of the streets. Each piece of canvas is died a different colour, some red some yellow some blue and some bright green.

Calls come out from behind various stalls

"Fortunes being told, come and have your fortunes told!"

"Lucky charms! Come and get your lucky charms!"

"Sharak teeth, official teeth of the high ruler, come and get your teeth!"

"No one looks right without a brightly coloured cape. Sir come and get a bright cape"

"Hot meat pies! Come and get yourself a hot meat pie!"

You have 2 hours to mingle in the crowds, talk to others and maybe even meet a companion or two. Its about 11AM and the sun is high in the sky, Sharak will be out at about 1PM and the huge feast will begin in earnest.

Game on!

Raenir Salazar
2009-03-06, 12:05 AM
Raenir Salazar moves briskly down the street with Essel close behind, Raenir takes little interest in the stalls, and takes his position in a stall reserved for for the village Mageware shop, his foster father illness has not lifted so it is his duty to at the least continue the Magery's prescence in the fair. He sets up stock with various assortments of knicknacks, minor charms, watered down potions, and herbs. He sets up a chess board to accept challengers.

He settles down bored knowing that because of his heritage while a few of his fathers friends may come around for small talk almost no one will visit a merchant stall manned by a Drow. So he lowers the cowl of his hood to keep the sun from his eyes, pulls out his spell book and begins studying the Magic expecting no one, correction no one other then the Halfling Essel to disturb him.

//hope if its okay if my pc sets up a stall, i figured itld be wierd if he didn't. Also in real life I set up my parents ceramics stall, so this seemed ironic. :smallsmile:

Simba
2009-03-06, 05:07 AM
Myria

Myria walks into town, taking in the scenery, looking at all the people running around. She tours the market, buys some foodstuff and finally settles near one of the stalls where business is slowest. She sits down on a block of wood and starts on her food, looking at the crowd all the time. Is that really a drow over there? Ah, no matter!

Weezer
2009-03-06, 05:17 PM
Hrothgar

Hrothgar walks down the streets, fully armored and armed. He scans the crowd on the lookout for any trouble makers. As a whole there was never much trouble at these type of gathering, but it was Hrothgar's duty to keep it that way.

Bangles
2009-03-07, 01:43 PM
DM

The two hours pass quickly and before you know it, you hear a musical horn going and everyone turns to look at the far end of the street to the steps leading up to the palace or the large hut where Sharak holds his residence.

Strolling out onto the top steps he speaks in a long loud clear voice rolling all his syllabelles his words rolling off your ears and they soak every word in leaning futher and futher towards the high chieftan.

"Welcome to everyone! We have built here a strong culture. A civilization that is indeed strong and a gem for anyone else to see. It shines like a beacon, and of course it is still peaceful. We haven't had a war, civil or external for over twenty years, not even civil unrest from our opposition. We do however have a problem, there was a messager nine days ago, from the silver mines.

They have apparently found a new rich source of silver, stronger, more mallebale, and worth alot more to those traders that come over the border.

Then one day later another messengar arrived bloodied and torn, he says that monsters attacked the mines and they killed most of the miners.

We need these mines for the big trading bazaar, which we are having again in 4 weeks. I'm offering a reward to the first group or person that comes back with this monster's leader's head.

Of course if you don't want to set off right now, there is the feast ready inside, for celebrations. So without anything else to say - Happy birthday to me!"

With that a great cheer goes up from the crowd. Over half simply streak off to their houses to get ready to leave the town. The rest walk back to their stalls to close them or inside to the feast. All that is left standing at the base of the steps, is your group. And a duck. A very cute duck.

"Quack"

Raenir Salazar
2009-03-07, 08:27 PM
Raenir rolls his eyes, ah yes monsters threaten the town and a group of suicidal wannabe heroes will take off to earn honor and glory blah blah and get themselves killed. "Leave me out of it" he muttered to himself, although inside he briefly wondered how it would feel to unleash his pent up frustration on some creature worthy of his ire. -Eyes flick backwards at Essel chatting with one of his customers-

Pramxnim
2009-03-07, 11:16 PM
Essel

Today was not a good day for Essel. Not at all. His decision to follow Raenir to the festival had been ill-informed, at best. Not only was his surly friend a grumpy person most of the time, he was a poor businessman as well. Two hours spent in the marketplace and few customers visited his stall. Poking fun at Raenir's lack of entrepreneurship was an exercise in futility, as the dark elf was particularly unresponsive today. Essel was bored out of his mind. He wished the day would soon end.

Then, the high chieftain made his announcement, which was met with an uproarious response. The prospect of hunting for these monsters made the halfling almost giddy with glee, but the real cake came in the form of Raenir's mutter, expressing his distaste in the idea.
By now, the marketplace had mostly cleared out as people were packing up their stalls and/or leaving for the feast. Turning back from his conversation with one of the few customers they had that day, Essel grinned ear to ear and announced to the wizard.

"Let's go kill us some monster, dood!"

A duck's quack in the background punctured the deadly silence that followed the halfling's sentence.

Raenir Salazar
2009-03-07, 11:53 PM
The quack sound punctuated the sudden silence that followed. Many a emotion flowed through Raenir's first of which, alarm, followed by dismay, then disgust. Raenir closed his spellbook which he deposited back onto the chain on his belt and turned around to face his "friend".

"You cannot be serious, going out there is just suicide, natural selection. For all we know there may be Orcs, Hobgoblins or worse in those saves and large numbers of them. No potential reward is worth your or rather my life. I will have no part in this travesty, it is probably just a ploy to get rid of the towns idiots before sending in the militia."

Simba
2009-03-09, 03:53 AM
Myria

A huge woman, dressed in leather and holding a huge bow, who has been standing amongst the crowd shrugs and says: "I will go and at least see for myself what has happended. Is anyone with me?"

She looks around, waiting for others to join her.

Weezer
2009-03-09, 10:01 AM
Hrothgar

Up walks a dwarf, who can only be described as hulking despite his short stature. He says to Myria I agree, we must explore the mines for there may be a grave threat to the town that must be averted. Turning to the drow he says Of course you are thinking just of your own skin, it is all that I could expect from one such as you. What is your life truly worth if all you do is hide in a hole, studying your magic in fear that someone will come down into your hole and root you out.

Bangles
2009-03-09, 03:43 PM
DM

A towns-person strolling past listens in on your conversation and chimes in his own piece

"Well you could help Mister Drow. After all with the legends about your kind, and your instant acceptance, even if some people are afraid of you - not me I hasten to add. The least you could do is take a walk up there, maybe all the monsters will be dead and you could just tag along onto the group of people that defeated them and share the prize when you get back.

Oh well its your choice. Im Micheal by the way."

With that he walks into the feasting hall.

Simba
2009-03-10, 03:20 AM
Myria turns to the dwarf, extends her hand and says: "My name is Myria. I'm glad to have you with me!"

Weezer
2009-03-10, 07:52 AM
Hrothgar

Grasping Myria's hand firmly Hrothgar says "The names Hrothgar,I'm glad that some people are willing to do their duty.

Simba
2009-03-11, 01:58 AM
Myria

"Anyone else interested?"

Simba
2009-03-17, 04:17 AM
Myria

Myria looks at Hrothgar "Looks like it's the 2 of us. Sad that noone is willing to get his hands dirty for his homeland. When do we leave, my newfound friend?"

Weezer
2009-03-17, 12:13 PM
Hrothgar

Clearly extremely disappointed in the others Hrothgar says "Aye it does, its extremely saddening. Turning to the others "Are none of you willing to risk your necks for your rightful ruler?" To Myria he says "I can leave whenever you are ready, I've got all the necessities in my pack.

Simba
2009-03-19, 04:48 AM
Myria

"Then let's get going! Leave these people to their no doubt more important tasks and help our home as we were asked to!"

Bangles
2009-03-23, 04:30 PM
DM

{{So sorry about the really long delay, i've had some big assignments due in. I'll message everyone as well}}

I have no problem with running a split post if the two teams want to go in different directions to each other.

Im gonna need desicions of all of ye

Weezer
2009-03-23, 06:50 PM
Hrothgar

"Yes it is time to leave these cowards." Hrothgar says as he shoulders his pack and begins to walk towards the mines.

Simba
2009-03-24, 02:44 AM
Myria

Myria looks around once more, then follows Hrothgar.