PDA

View Full Version : Bold, New Galaxy, Scsimodem's d20 Future Game [IC]

scsimodem
2009-03-06, 03:12 PM
Haven Station

It was a new day, and Haven Station was busier than ever, as if you could even tell day from night here. Ships soared in and out, some full of cargo, some with people. Refugees still poured in at a slow but steady pace from The Fringe. Billions of credits worth of business would be trafficked through today alone. Amidst the hustle and bustle, on another nameless deck in the city-sized station, yet another story was beginning. It wasn't the only story, but it was their story. Norad still stood there holding the note, still in disbelief. 'His' crew was still loading up the ship with supplies and fuel, preparing to set off into space for whatever lay out there. He read over the note again, still trying to take it all in:

"Dear Norey or maybe I should start calling you Norad,
Gran and I have been talking for a while, and we both admire how you've grown as a man. From the time you were a young boy you've been able to handle yourself very well. The way you talk to machines at your age is a marvel. It reminds me a lot of ole' Jimmy, who kept our patrol boat running through the worst of the Pirate Wars. Appropriate that this is going to Haven Station, a legacy I helped create is now where yours will start. I talked it over with your dad a long time ago, and we agreed that when the time was right, we'd give you a leg up in the wide, open galaxy. That is why I am giving to you the same ship I piloted around in my younger days. When I was your age, it took all my savings to buy and three months to get her running. Hell, she's 40 years older than I am, but I know a crack mechanic like you can keep her running. Get a sturdy crew and a pilot who knows how to treat her right, and that ship can open up entire worlds to you. Of course, now Gran wants you to write more since we did just give you a spaceship, but we'll understand if you're busy. Happy sailing.

Gramps

P.S. The right thruster is a bit twitchy, so tell the pilot not to gun it too hard.

P.P.S. We originally intended you and your brother to go into business together with this. What he did may be inexcusable, but we encourage you to forgive him, in person, if you're given the chance. His heart's right, but he lost his way."

Ok, everyone else tell me what you're doing before you leave the station. There's still enough crew quarters for 2 people without having to share bunks or use the passenger compartment. Unless and until we fill the slots, I'll throw in a pair of NPCs if you want that will basically be background characters who will only come out when they're really needed. Also, y'all need to find a job, so just let me know how you're going to go about putting yourselves up for hire and I'll tell you what jobs come your way.

WrathOfLife
2009-03-07, 05:26 PM
OOC: I'ma gunna assume we hired everyone but haven't met yet.

Norad

Staring at the note disbelievingly Norad glances up at what he is sure was once a very nice ship.... once... upon a time maybe. Still a ship is a ship, and it came at the perfect time no less. I have a crew, don't know them too well, but a crew is a crew. Plenty of time for talk in space. Now we just need a job.

Norad heads to any sort of markets or transport company's and offer's room in his ship for cargo hauling, he'll also head to bar's and inn's to look for 2 paying passengers (unless PC's want the spots) or appropriately lucrative jobs.

He'll also question other captains he encounter's about how and where they get there jobs.

Krrth
2009-03-08, 12:01 AM
George

George headed towards his new job. He was happy to have gotten one so quickly after his last ended, especially since he was flat broke. Hopefully the meals on board the ship were at least edible.

Hoisting his pack over his shoulder, he looked around for the docking port. When he saw his new home, he stopped for a few moments and looked in wonder. The he chuckled, and walked forward.

Well.....at least its mostly in one piece.

estradling
2009-03-09, 12:28 PM
John

A blond human arrives in time to overhear George's comments, "There is a ship?" The young man double check some information he had written down and once he is satisfied that he is in the right place. "I guess boss man was quicker at getting one then I thought."

Turning to the other guy he introduced himself, "John Graves and I believe I've been hired to pilot that." John extends his hand in an offer of a handshake.

Krrth
2009-03-09, 04:29 PM
*Shakes the other mans hand*

George Mason. Good to meet you.

Pilot, huh? I'm the ship's handy man. A little repair, a little muscle....I can't fly the thing, but I do have knowledge of most of the rest.

Gamgee
2009-03-10, 02:06 PM
Arriving at the docks Kane sees two men already standing and greeting each other. They had both been either dumb founded or awe struck the thing was still working. Glancing at the ship it wasn't what he had hoped to be traveling around in. Oh well, being out of work for a few years does that to even the most renowned of professors.

Stepping up to the men Kane speaks up while offering his hand to either of them. "Good day, I overheard your comments. I guess we are going to be working together. I am the man in charge of keeping the computers in line. I can also keep things running if need be. I am also probably one of the most intelligent Human beings on this planet and I doubt you will find few more knowledgeable."

Krrth
2009-03-12, 08:54 PM
George

You know, I'd be more impressed by your claim to be the smartest man on the planet if we were on a planet...in any event, I'm pleased to meet you.

estradling
2009-03-16, 10:46 AM
John

When the computer guy introduces himself without telling them his name, but how smart he was, John's eyebrows rose. When George corrected him, it was with an effort that John didn't let his amusement show.

Instead of adding to it John turned back to the ship and wondered aloud, "I wonder how she performs?"

WrathOfLife
2009-03-16, 09:15 PM
Norad

OOC: Still waiting on GM statement regarding last post of looking for work.

Gamgee
2009-03-19, 08:34 PM
Realizing how silly it looked when he didn't announce his name he blushes and speaks up with a slight chuckle. "My name is Kane Hellsing, and I think we had all better split up and take a look over the systems. Ill make some routine checks on the computers and reset the security pass codes around the ship so that we can make sure no one from the past can sneak in. Once we all make our way in ill head over to the computers."

scsimodem
2009-03-26, 11:03 AM
The job boards are full of small offers: passengers wanting transport to their original homes, cargo passing on to other destinations, even a few combat missions to rescue loved ones from The Fringe. You then insert the identity card containing your ship and crew profile to match you with jobs which fit your profile. Immediately, most of the more interesting jobs vanish. There's still some short range cargo missions, low pay passenger fares, and one guy who seems desperate for anybody with a spacefaring vessel to rescue his derelict on the other side of the Fringe jump gate. None of them pay particularly well, but you have to start somewhere.

Meanwhile, back at the docks, this isn't exactly the high-class section of the station, and any of you with a sense for danger start getting that sinking feeling that you need to keep your eyes open for the unscrupulous.

Anybody at the docks who isn't on board the ship (including those loading cargo, as you're not on board all the time), make me a spot check. I'm not rolling in secret because your characters expect to see something, so feel free to act like you think you're missing something if you fail the roll.

Krrth
2009-03-26, 11:11 AM
Spot Check
[roll0]

estradling
2009-03-26, 11:20 AM
Spot Check

[roll0]

Gamgee
2009-03-27, 09:23 PM
Spot:
[roll0]

scsimodem
2009-03-31, 05:05 PM
All three of you see:

The next berth over, two men are arguing over some box. The box itself looks like it's made to contain something in a very specific condition, usually chemicals, cryogenically stored bio-samples, or materials in something other than room-temperature state (molten iron, liquid hydrogen, etc.).

George Mason sees (spoiler tag if not knowing helps you role-play not knowing):

Someone is watching them. His fedora has made his face almost impossible to clearly make out, and he's trying to look like he's browsing a news terminal. However, he keeps looking at the two, like he's waiting for something.

Krrth
2009-04-04, 02:55 PM
George

*Speaking very low to the other two*

Keep a eye out on that shipment over there, ok?

*indicating the next berth*

That guy at the news terminal keeps watching them. I wouldn't be surprised if something..."bad"...happens soon.

estradling
2009-04-06, 11:41 AM
John

Responding to George, "As long as it stays between them I don't care who is watching them." Of course John realized the things had ways of spinning out of control so he was glad for the heads up.

scsimodem
2009-04-21, 03:21 PM
Norad comes walking towards the ship, and judging by the look of it, he has a job, but not exactly the high profile stuff he wanted. As he approaches the ship, the guy watching the arguers steps over and intervenes, engaging them in conversation. Just as Norad begins to open his mouth to say something, they erupt in shouts, violently pointing at the box. The two parties seem to have stopped fighting at each other and are now yelling something along the lines of 'you have no right' at the strange man, but it's hard to make anything out, as they're all speaking at once. It looks like one of them will go for a weapon any minute.