PDA

View Full Version : BackStabbery II: Recruitment Thread

Fin
2009-03-08, 02:53 PM
Ok guys and girls BackStabbery is back! So lets all get our backstabbity knives sharpened for this chaotic stab-fest where only on person wins, even though your in teams! :smallwink:

The Rules

To begin with every player will be assigned a house at random and that house leader will give you a rank within that house.

Leader – The boss of the house, your responsibility is to distribute the gold/power levels amongst your minions. All guild leaders start the game with 50 power levels to distribute as they see fit.

Lieutenants – Maximum of two players will be House Lieutenants, their responsibility will be to announce house wars to the thread. They also start with a bonus to power of +5. Lieutenants will be selected by the house leader at the birth of each new house!

Minions – You are to generally live the life of a civilian, doing as you leader demands... or not!

After the first day phase has been completed the houses will be ranked in accordance with their leader's personal power level (because there will have been no time to buy any power levels so every House would have the same accumulative score). After this when a House is destroyed all the houses below it will gain a rank and any new Houses that are made will enter the ladder at the bottom rung. Also after each day phase the houses will be re-ranked according to their accumulative power level.

Every player will start with 50 gold and a power level which will at the lowest be 10. Using their gold players can do a number of things;

Start a new house 50g – In order to start a new house you must have at least one player for every rank willing to join it from its birth. The house will give +50 power to the guild leader but he must delegate this between his House members. It is entirely up to the house leader how he recruits members. Take note - House members do not have to remain loyal to their leaders. Inter-House wars can occur and the loser’s power will be given to the guild leader to do with as he wishes. The losing leader is at the mercy of the winning guilds leader and his house dissolved, allowing his members to start/join new Houses. To start all the houses will be ranked randomly, every time a house is destroyed the houses below it gain in rank, the aim of the game is to be the most powerful player in the highest ranked house by the end of the game. Like in Ultimate Greed each guild leader will receive daily gold payments to distribute amongst his minions.

Train in a profession 25g - This is unavailable to Guild leaders who must try and recruit and maintain the loyalties of those whom it is available to.

Start a House War 10g per house member- Announces a house war and gives everybody 24 hours to prepare. After 24 hours the war will occur and the party with the highest power will win, however due to murders, betrayals etc the power at the beginning of the fight may change before the end. The leader does not need the permission of his underlings for their gold, but reperations may be taken by players being forced to pay for wars they don’t wish to have!

Buy A Power Level: At the rate of one level for 30g

Professions

Players can only have one profession at a time;

Assassin - Gains +15 power when attacking another guild or attempting murder.

General - Gains +15 power when being attacked by another guild or when someone is trying to murder them.

Thief – Can target a player to steal from, a random figure will be stolen ranging between 1 and 30. There will also be a 20% chance that the victim will know who stole from them!

Spy - Can identify a house/individuals power, assuming nobody is planning on betraying them.

Diplomat - Can create the illusion that a guild/individuals power is higher than it really is by 1-d100%.

Monk - Can hide an guild/individuals power by 1-d100%.

Treachery! - This is where it gets interesting.

During any 'day' players can PM certain actions.

Start Coup - This means at the end of the day the will attempt to murder their current House leader and rise to power, this is best done in groups in order to better the leaders power level, deciding who gets to be leader amongst each other is entirely up to you. Members of other house may be included in the coup! This strategy will be beneficial if you covet the power of an established house! The victims power levels will be evenly distributed amongst those that took part in the killing.

Murder - This is an attempt to kill any other player. If they are a guild leader, the guild remains in tact but there will probably be murderings over who raises to power from the guilds underlings. If you kill any other player you will gain their gold and any all their power levels excluding the levels they gain from proffessions. Success will be based on each players individual power, irrelevant of the power of respective houses. If you kill a player as part of a group then the victim’s power levels and gold will be ditsibuted evenly amongst the guilty party!

*note - any murder/coup attempts that are submitted during war preparations will be concluded during the battle, this will obviously lead to some unexpected (or not) power changes.*

Change allegiance - When a war is announced use this to alert the narrators to the fact that you are changing sides it is up to you if you let any body else know this fact. You will however still be without a guild after the battle if the team you switched to wins, hopefully you will have made a deal to be picked up afterwards.

Change Guild - This is not PM'd but announced in thread, if a player chooses to change guild they must ask in thread (prior arrangement can be organised via PM should those concerned choose.) This request may be accepted or denied at the leader in questions choosing.

Day Actions: (Brand new to BackStabbery II)

At the beginning of every day (starting day 2) the town squire will put up adventure notices. Every adventure will end in one of the following results;

A random number of the players gain some gold.

A random number of the players gain some power levels.

A random number of the players die.

In order to be involved in the adventures the players must be voted for in blue! The players in question may well not be going on the adventure of their own volition, seeing as any number of people could vote! However due to the adventures only having a 1 in 3 chance of a anegative outcome it may be worth the risk. The five players with the most votes will go on the adventure, if less than five are voted for then less than five will go!

Adventures will be concluded separately to the rest of the night phase i.e. Only other players on the adventuring party can attempt to kill each other! However the adventure will be concluded prior to any House wars and as such the players power levels will still contribute to his houses power levels.

Resolving Conflicts:

The leader of the winning guild can choose to kill the opposing guild leader, putting them out of the game. Alternatively they can allow them to live, this forces the defeated guild leader to be loyal to the victor for 2 days. The defeated's power rating will be added to the victor's personal power score, not his guild! This has obvious benefits for murder attempts.

There will be two sets of winners, the first is all the members of the house of the highest rank by the end of the game. The second but more important win goes to the player with the most power/gold at the end of the game.

Murska
2009-03-09, 08:29 AM
In! IN! So in! :smallbiggrin:

happyturtle
2009-03-09, 08:36 AM
If Dad's playing, I'm in too.

Shadowcaller
2009-03-09, 09:55 AM
If Dad's playing, I'm in too.

Your creepy:smalleek:.

I'm in.

Dirk Kris
2009-03-09, 10:05 AM
Ack! I'm no good at deceit! But I'm in anyway!

And I'm watching you, Fin! :smallannoyed:

PhantomFox
2009-03-09, 03:55 PM
I'll try this

Griever
2009-03-09, 04:24 PM
I shall be in.

Lamech
2009-03-09, 04:43 PM
In! In! In! This should be fun...

Heroic
2009-03-09, 04:51 PM
I'm so in!

Aemoh
2009-03-09, 05:16 PM
In, says I.

EagleWiz
2009-03-09, 06:14 PM
I am so not missing out on this one.

GoC
2009-03-09, 06:31 PM
In. Though I'm not even going to try winning.

Lex-Kat
2009-03-09, 08:31 PM
This sounds like a headache waiting to happen.

I'll join anyway though. :smallsmile:

Darkcomet
2009-03-09, 08:32 PM
*twitch*

Urge for betrayal rising...

(Might be in. Haven't decided yet.)

Szilard
2009-03-09, 08:45 PM
When does this start?

Fin
2009-03-10, 02:55 AM
The game starts on Monday

GoC
2009-03-10, 10:22 AM
The game starts on Monday

A week from now? Quite a wait.

Koolkevk
2009-03-10, 11:17 PM
I'll join. (I finally signed up for the forums after lurking for a year just to join this game.)

hap_hazard
2009-03-11, 02:12 AM
In! -more fill!-

detrevnisisiht
2009-03-11, 05:55 AM
In for more blind loyalty.

ThePhantom
2009-03-11, 06:04 PM
Sure, I'm in.

Fleeing Coward
2009-03-11, 11:05 PM
I'd like to join too

billtodamax
2009-03-12, 02:13 AM
Well, I'm still slightly confused by it, but what the hey, in. I figure it shouldn't be too hard to screw over everyone I get near.
I'll go read the rules again now.

Bayar
2009-03-12, 08:49 AM
Sign me up.

Allysian
2009-03-14, 09:37 AM
Ah, i'll join.

Selrahc
2009-03-14, 11:32 AM
I guess I shall join up.

Darkcomet
2009-03-14, 11:33 AM
Ah, screw it.

In.

Szilard
2009-03-14, 12:00 PM
In .

Fin
2009-03-15, 04:17 AM
24 hours of recruitment left, get your friends, family loved ones! You've all got stabby things don't you? Force them to join!

Fawkes
2009-03-15, 10:49 AM
In with no idea of how this actually works.

banjo1985
2009-03-16, 10:57 AM
In if you're accepting the terminally confused? :smallconfused:

Gnomish Wanderer
2009-03-16, 11:19 AM
I don't know when recruitment ends but if I made it I'd like to join.

Fin
2009-03-16, 05:22 PM
Sorry guys a few RL issues have popped up! Will start this game tomorrow instead, everyone who has asked to be in, is! As will anybody else who signs up before 12 noon St Patricks Day (gmt)

Uncle Festy
2009-03-16, 06:27 PM
*dashes in*
Ah what the hell, Greed's over.
In like Fin! :smallbiggrin::smalltongue:

Darkcomet
2009-03-16, 06:28 PM
*dashes in*
Ah what the hell, Greed's over.
In like Fin! :smallbiggrin::smalltongue:

Like Fin?

He's a narrator!? :smalleek:

LET'S KILL HIM! :smalltongue:

billtodamax
2009-03-17, 12:22 AM
I prefer allying with him then stabbing him in the back when he needs me most. But that's just me.

Fin
2009-03-17, 04:38 AM
*SLAM*

That was the sound of recruitment closing! But if no-one was around to hear it, did it make any noise?

Game Thread will be posted as soon as you have all been assigned a House!

Murska
2009-03-17, 06:31 AM
Whoa. We'll have a tough time living up to our house name. :smalltongue:

Fin
2009-03-17, 06:36 AM
Game thread is posted and awaiting moderation keep your eyes out!

Lex-Kat
2009-03-19, 06:48 AM
Game Thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=107306)