PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Need some help for a buffing dedicated cleric

bigbaddragon
2009-03-10, 09:32 AM
First of all hi all, long time no see.

I'm playing a human cloistered cleric (level 8 currently) and I need some help planing his advancement. One certain thing that I'm shooting for is one level of Contemplative (CD) to grab Family domain. I have already met the special requirement for this PrC so the 11th character level is decided. Feats taken are:
Able Learner (picked up some ranks in sense motive, spot, listen, autohypnosis and UMD), Protection Devotion, Extra Turning, Nymph's Kiss, Quicken Spell, DMM Quicken and Divine Vigor. For the 9th level feat I've been thinking about Extra Turning since it would let me quicken more spells per day (I have 6 TU attempts per day) but if you have a better proposition I'd be delighted to hear :)

I would also like to ask you for some good buffs and debuffs. The ones I use the most are Mass Shield od Faith, Recitation, Prayer, Divine Protection, (Mass) Conviction, Elation, Blade of Blood, Mass Resist Energy, Moon Bolt ... and I will soon use Righteous Wrath of The Faithful :smallcool:. The mentioned spells are almost always memorized and the other slots are filled with situational spells depending on environment we're in and anticipated perils. I'm sure I missed some good spells so please point them out.

Books allowed include pretty much everything from 3.5. Campaign setting is DM made but it has some things borrowed from others, for example my deity is Boldrei from Eberron.

So ... any help you can offer regarding feats, PrCs and spells will be appreciated.

EDIT: What do you think about Monk's Belt + Bracers of Armor for my character? I realize this combination could end up being quite expensive but money in this campaign isn't a problem at all.

Curmudgeon
2009-03-10, 11:08 AM
What do you think about Monk's Belt + Bracers of Armor for my character? I realize this combination could end up being quite expensive but money in this campaign isn't a problem at all. That's a decent choice if you're going to be unarmored and have the funds. I would also add Fortification in the form of a Gemstone of Fortification (Draconomicon page 83): get 100% Fortification in a form detached from armor, thereby bypassing all those pointless arguments about what happens when someone attacks you with a Brilliant Energy weapon.

ShneekeyTheLost
2009-03-10, 01:11 PM
Chain Spell + Greater Magic Weapon works wonders. If money isn't a problem, grab a Metamagic Rod of Chain Spell. This is also useful with Reach Spell + Chain Spell + Magic Vestments. Since the two spells are Hours/level duration, it is effectively up all day long for you.