PDA

View Full Version : [Plane] Plane of Elemental Waste

BelkarsDagger
2006-09-03, 02:37 AM
Before you is a scene like no other. A seemingly endless junkyard, the skies a dark orange clouded with smoke. Huge piles of scrap and rusty mechanics lay before your eyes. A warforged, it's leg dragging behind it and carrying another warforged arm as a club walks nearby, the artificial life in it's eyes dim. It's half rusted, and barely functional.

Welcome to the plane of garbage.

It's basically an endless junkyard, with a constant gangwar between barely functioning and half rusted constructs over what little percent of stuff actually works. It's not done yet, but the concept is here. Comments?

Krimm_Blackleaf
2006-09-03, 04:10 AM
Reminds me of Marvin...

Peregrine
2006-09-03, 04:46 AM
Hmm. I don't like how every concept gets an 'elemental plane' sooner or later. It's like science fiction's 'planet of <anything>' device, only sillier. (And there's certainly been a 'junk planet' or two.)

Don't get me wrong, I like the concept. It would be a very cool adventure site. But I don't see a need to make it an 'elemental' plane, like it's some abstract universal concept. Maybe if it was a deliberately-constructed plane made to house garbage? (The way it's described, it sounds like the Mechanus Planar Council Rubbish Dump. ;))

Gralamin
2006-09-03, 10:54 AM
Hmm. I don't like how every concept gets an 'elemental plane' sooner or later. It's like science fiction's 'planet of <anything>' device, only sillier. (And there's certainly been a 'junk planet' or two.)

Don't get me wrong, I like the concept. It would be a very cool adventure site. But I don't see a need to make it an 'elemental' plane, like it's some abstract universal concept. Maybe if it was a deliberately-constructed plane made to house garbage? (The way it's described, it sounds like the Mechanus Planar Council Rubbish Dump. ;))
"What an inevitable rebelled? Just send another one after it and then throw them both into the junk heap"

The Vorpal Tribble
2006-09-03, 11:20 AM
I thought the second layer of Ahceron, Thuldanin was basically an endless plane of trash.

BelkarsDagger
2006-09-03, 01:04 PM
Well, I added an Elemental just for the hell of it, since the Plane of Garbage didnt sound as catchy.

But anyways, it's where all waste eventually ends up. It can take aeons, but it will see it's way to this plane.

A gnomish workshop tosses a rusty tire rim into their Bag of Holding? Maybe they enchanted it to send everything in it here.

It was pretty much created to preserve space and prevent disease from dead people and such.

Iron_Mouse
2006-09-03, 04:13 PM
I thought the second layer of Ahceron, Thuldanin was basically an endless plane of trash.
Yes, but only weapons, warmachines and other combat gear ends up there. MotP even has a pic:
http://www.wizards.com/dnd/images/MotP/Thuldanin.jpg

Blackdrop
2006-09-03, 11:11 PM
I was reminded of the planet on junk from Transformers the movie. Interesting idea. What would the constructs do if shown something fleshy and heroic say an adventurer?

BelkarsDagger
2006-09-03, 11:47 PM
Most likely pick up whatever stuff that still works in sight and get away from their hellhole of a home.