PDA

View Full Version : Goldenborn Colossia (PEACH)

Fax Celestis
2006-07-29, 12:34 AM
Goldenborn Colossia
This hulking beast stands nearly twenty feet tall. It has the head of a golden dragon, but the body of a humanoid. Its shining golden skin ripples over bunched muscles, and it carries a gigantic scimitar and tower shield. You almost think it's a statue until it turns to look at you. You get the feeling that going against it would be a very bad idea.
Usually LG Huge Monstrous Humanoid (Dragonblood)
Init +0; Senses Darkvision 90'; Listen +16, Spot +16
Languages Draconic, Common, Ignan
AC 29, touch 8, flat-footed 29
(-2 size, +6 shield, +15 natural)
HP 217 (15 HD); DR 10/evil
Immune fire, sleep, paralysis
Resist Electricity 10
SR 22
Fort +15 Ref +9 Will +12
Speed 30' (6 squares)
Melee +3 scimitar +26/+21/+16 (2d6+12, 15-20/x2 plus 2d6 fire)
and
bite +16 (2d6+4 plus 1d6 fire)
Space 15'; Reach 15'
BAB +15; Grp +29
Atk Options Power Attack, Awesome Blow, Improved Bull Rush, Dragonbane
Special Actions Breath Weapon, Wall of Force 1/day
Abilities Str 25 Dex 10 Con 30 Int 14 Wis 16 Cha 20
SQ Aura of Fear
Feats Awesome Blow, Power Attack, Improved Bull Rush, Improved Critical (Scimitar), Weapon Focus (Scimitar), Weapon Specialization (Scimitar)
Skills Heal +13, Intimidate +23, Jump +25, Listen +16, Spot +16
Advancement by character class; Favored Class ranger
Possessions +3 scimitar, +2 tower shield, necklace of fireballs (type IV)
CR 12

Dragonbane
A goldenborn colossia deals an extra 3d6 damage to creatures of the dragon type or the dragonblood subtype.

Aura of Fear
Any creature who is not a metallic dragon or a goldenborn colossia must make a DC 26 Will save upon seeing a goldenborn colossia. Creatures who fail with less than 6 HD flee in terror for 1d6+1 rounds. THose who fail and have more than 6 HD are shaken until either the goldenbron colossia is out of sight or the affected creature strikes the colossia. This is a nonmagical mind-affecting fear effect. The save is Charisma based.

Breath Weapon
Once every 1d4+1 rounds, a goldenborn colossia can breate a 30' cone of fire, dealing 6d6 points of fire damage to all creatres captured in the cone. Affected creatures may attempt a DC 25 Reflex save for half damage. The save DC is Constitution based.

Goldenborn colossia are towering warriors built to defend any fortress for as long as is feasibly possible. With their natural abilties coupled with their amazing fortitude, the colossia are almost fotresses themselves.

Strategies and Tactics
Goldenborn colossia act as defenders and willingly let themselves get hurt to defend their friends. Frequently they open combat by using their wall of force spell-like ability, either to divide their opponents or protect their backs.

Society
Goldenborn colossia speak infrequently and lumber slowly, unless they are on the battlefield. When they fight, they turn into whirling windmills of defensive destruction.

Treasure
Goldenborn colossia have no more possessions than they carry on themselves. Advanced goldenborn colossia may have better equipment, but this is due to them claiming it from a fallen dragon's horde rather than purchasing it themselves. Most valuables they find they give to charity or to a gold dragon.

Goldenborn Colossia with Class Levels
Most goldenborn colossia take levels in the ranger class, as it compliments their natural talents as well as their Dragonbane ability. Others take levels in paladin or cleric.

Fax Celestis
2006-07-29, 01:54 PM
Funny, this is the one I thought people would talk about.

Quirinus_Obsidian
2006-07-29, 05:42 PM
It's one of 2 things:

1: Someone is trying to break it.
2: Someone is playtesting it against one of their characters.

Probably 2. I think this is an fantastic creature. Excellent job. :D

Fax Celestis
2006-07-29, 06:13 PM
It's one of 2 things:

1: Someone is trying to break it.
2: Someone is playtesting it against one of their characters.

Probably 2. I think this is an fantastic creature. Excellent job. :D
Thank you.

I intend to throw corrupted ones against mine.

Maniac
2006-07-29, 08:27 PM
You used the new monster write up I see.

Fax Celestis
2006-07-29, 08:36 PM
You used the new monster write up I see.
Yeah, I decided I'd try it out. Still trying to decide if I like it better or not.

Beelzebub1111
2006-07-29, 09:00 PM
What's it look like? A description would be nice.

Fax Celestis
2006-07-29, 09:25 PM
What's it look like? A description would be nice.
//smacks forehead.

I'm a dolt.

Zeal
2006-08-29, 09:33 PM
It looks interesting but I find the format hard to read.

Lord Iames Osari
2006-09-03, 04:00 PM
MitP Vote: Yes.