PDA

View Full Version : Homebrew Posting Suggestions

The Vorpal Tribble
2006-08-01, 06:31 PM
Heyas, with hints from Gorbash that a rule is going to be made that all posts here are in essence asking for critiquing and therefore will make PEACHing (Please Examine And Critique Honestly) obsolete, thought I might make a suggestion.

To show what your creation is maybe you should put an indentification.

-=-=-=-=-=-

Updated Listing:

[Artifact]
[Campaign]
[Class]
[Creature]
[Deity]
[Feat]
[House]*
[Item]
[Language]
[Org]**
[Power]
[Plane]
[PrC]***
[Race]
[Skill]
[Spell]
[Template]
[Variant]
[Weapon]

* House Rule
** Organization
*** Prestige Class

Fax Celestis
2006-08-01, 06:46 PM
Agreed.

Overlord
2006-08-02, 03:40 AM
Many people already do something like that, and I think replacing PEACH with an identification would be infinitely more useful to people reading the thread names than PEACH would be. Good idea.

Dan_Hemmens
2006-08-02, 05:49 AM
Maybe some means of differentiating homebrew D&D elements from full homebrew systems would be useful. Perhaps [Variant] and [System]?

Gorbash Kazdar
2006-08-02, 09:18 AM
Comrade Gorby: Hey, this was supposed to my grand idea on how to clarify things in this forum! ;)

Anyways, VT is right - you could say that this forum itself implies "PEACH," or whatever fruit/acronym you favor, thus making those indicators no longer necessary or, really, useful.

I would like people to attach identifiers to their posts here, but it won't be required, merely a suggestion to make things easier for everyone.

I'd like some suggestions for different identifiers, and once a Forum Rules thread gets put up in here, I'll attach this information to it.

The Vorpal Tribble
2006-08-02, 09:56 AM
Here are a few of the most common:

[Artifact]
[Campaign]
[Class]
[Feat]
[House]*
[Item]
[Monster]
[Power]
[PrC]**
[Race]
[Spell]
[Skill]
[Weapon]

* House Rule
** Prestige Class

Fax Celestis
2006-08-02, 02:50 PM
[Creature] can be a variant off of [Monster], and [Conlang] may be seeing more use if I ever get off my ass.

I would also suggest [Plane], [Deity], and [Variant].

Gorbash Kazdar
2006-08-02, 02:55 PM
[Creature] can be a variant off of [Monster], and [Conlang] may be seeing more use if I ever get off my ass.

I would also suggest [Plane], [Deity], and [Variant].
Good suggestions, but... [Conlang]? What does that refer to?

Also, for [Variant], perhaps have [*/V] so it's identified as the type, and then as a variant? Eg. "Ranger [Class/V]

Fax Celestis
2006-08-02, 03:44 PM
Good suggestions, but... [Conlang]? What does that refer to?

"Conlang" is "Constructed Language". As seen here (http://www.giantitp.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=homebrew;action=display;num=11544726 65).

As for the variant thing, I think that'd be good.

Gorbash Kazdar
2006-08-02, 03:52 PM
"Conlang" is "Constructed Language". As seen here (http://www.giantitp.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=homebrew;action=display;num=11544726 65).
And it all becomes clear. Thank you.

[World] might be better than [Campaign], as the latter might imply campaign ideas for existing worlds, which IMHO belongs in Gaming (d20 and General RPG). Given that WotC has put out some rules for affiliations and organziations recently, [Org] (organization) might get some use.

faeline
2006-08-02, 10:42 PM
May I suggest [Race], [Template], [Armor], [Weapon], [WondItems] and [MiscItems:<rod, wand, staff, rings, potions, scrolls, etc>] as well?

Gyrfalcon
2006-08-03, 11:13 PM

As for the variant thing, I think that'd be good.

To prevent confusion, why not [Language]? :) Or if you like Conlang, I'd suggest [ConLang] to indicate it's an abbreviation of two words.

TheThan
2006-08-04, 01:31 AM
Well at least it gets rid of the ever-annoying PEACH. While I like peaches… the fruit, the acronym is a little more than just annoying especially when people start making fun of it.
Ultimately I like and shall start using the new system for here on out.

Fax Celestis
2006-08-04, 01:42 AM
To prevent confusion, why not [Language]? :) Or if you like Conlang, I'd suggest [ConLang] to indicate it's an abbreviation of two words.
I suppose.

Archon-Blade
2006-08-17, 11:48 PM
Personally (and this may just be me) but i enjoy writing adventures and would love for them to be used, critiqued etc. so...I at least will be using a [adven] or maybe a [adv] tag?

Fax Celestis
2006-08-18, 01:21 PM
Good idea.

Gorbash Kazdar
2006-08-18, 02:59 PM
Personally (and this may just be me) but i enjoy writing adventures and would love for them to be used, critiqued etc. so...I at least will be using a [adven] or maybe a [adv] tag?
Definitely a good idea - the shorter the better, IMHO, so I lean towards [Adv]. And for Constructed Language, I think [Lang] would suffice (I think we can safely assume that anyone looking in a Homebrew forum would understand that it's a language created by the poster).

Here's what I have currently:

[Adv] (Adventure)
[Armor]
[Artifact]
[Campaign]
[Challenge]
[Class]
[Deity]
[Feat]
[House] (House Rule)
[Item]
[Lang] (Constructed Language)
[MagItem] (Magic Item)
[Monster] or [Creature]
[Org] (Organization)
[Pantheon]
[Plane]
[Power]
[PrC] (Prestige Class)
[Race]
[Religion]
[Setting]
[Skill]
[Spell]
[System] (Homebrew Game System)
[Template]
[Weapon]
[WonItem] (Wondrous Item)
[World]
[*/V] (Varient)

Fax Celestis
2006-08-18, 04:55 PM
[Map]?

Gorbash Kazdar
2006-08-18, 06:01 PM
[Map]?
Someone had it in a post title and I got a bit overzealous there. Plus too much caffeine.

I may try to get all the designators down to 4-5 letters, max, since there's a limit on characters for thread titles.

Fax Celestis
2006-08-18, 06:07 PM
How about this?

[Adv] (Adventure)
[Arm] (Armor)
[Art] (Artifact)
[Camp] (Campaign)
[Chall] (Challenge)
[Class]
[Feat]
[God]
[House] (House Rule)
[Item]
[Lang] (Constructed Language)
[Mons] or [Crtr] Monster or Creature (or perhaps Critter)
[Org] (Organization)
[Pan]
[Pln] (Plane)
[Psi] or [Pwr] (Psionic Power)
[PrC] (Prestige Class)
[Race]
[Rel] (Religion)
[Set] (Setting)
[Skill]
[Spell]
[Sys] (Homebrew Game System)
[Temp] (Template)
[Weap] (Weapon)
[World]

Gralamin
2006-08-28, 04:44 PM
Would legacy weapons be weapons, artificats, or something special

Fax Celestis
2006-08-28, 07:43 PM
We'll add [Legacy] ([Lgy] for short) to the list.

Umbral_Arcanist
2006-09-01, 11:59 AM
What about a new special matierial??? [Mat] or [Subs]? or should we just cross that bridge when we get to it?

Gorbash Kazdar
2006-09-01, 01:33 PM
[Mat] would probably be preferable.

Gralamin
2006-09-02, 12:50 AM
I think Fax is the first one to use this but:
[Maneuvers]