PDA

View Full Version : Things You Like...That Nobody Else Does/Should

Rutskarn
2009-03-14, 06:58 PM
This isn't necessarily a "guilty pleasures" thread. You might consider whatever it is you like to be intelligent, or avant-garde, or even deeply meaningful.

And yet, nobody else does. And you can't even put your finger on why they should.

What's your TTNELTYD?

Case study:

I find the movie True Stories hilarious...and I don't laugh while watching it. I think the plot is brilliant...even though there's none to speak of. I love David Byrne's acting...even though it's intentionally completely lifeless. I love the music, even though...okay, yeah, the music's awesome.

The movie is basically a bunch of loosely connected vignettes, tied together by the very broad theme of a celebration in small-town Texas. For a good example of the strange, incredibly offbeat style, see the mid-movie number Puzzling Evidence (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2TyF1CbsDs&feature=related).

(For what it's worth, Ebert gave it 3 1/2 stars.)

Helanna
2009-03-14, 09:54 PM
Mine would have to be the Twilight books. Yes, the writing is bad, yes, the plot is simply a teenage girl's wish fulfillment, yes, the characters are all Mary Sues . . . but I just like reading it. Maybe it's just because it's one of the few book series that I own that are simply 'light reading' material. Everything I else I read tends to be dark fantasy, where things can get very depressing.

Also, Dominic Deegan, but ever since I started reading those threads over in the webcomics section, my enjoyment has been sucked away by the snark. Ah well, they did warn me . . .

Nerd-o-rama
2009-03-15, 05:05 PM
Fanfic. End of story.

Sneak
2009-03-15, 05:21 PM
I find Electric Six to be hilarious, if that counts. :smalltongue:

Bonecrusher Doc
2009-03-15, 05:22 PM
The Walt Disney movie "The Island at the Top of the World." It's typical cheesy Disney, and I suspect the book is much better (haven't read it yet), but I just find it interesting that nobody else has ever heard of it.

O-Zone, the band made famous (?) by the video of the dude dancing to the "Numa Numa" song.
Basically most caucasian UnitedStatesians my age don't listen to anything that's not in English, so I listen to all sorts of great music that most of my peers have never heard of. I liked Shakira before it was cool, dangit!

Random foreign music clip (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KpXXDw0elpE&feature=PlayList&p=5FAD8123945257A9&playnext=1&playnext_from=PL&index=19). Warning: I'm not sure what these Russian lyrics translate to, but judging by the video, I'm guessing they are singing the praises of Cleavage.

Xsesiv
2009-03-15, 05:50 PM
Misheard lyrics videos. Gotrek & Felix. Dschinghis Khan. Fanfic. Serious acting. QI. Mythology. :smallredface:

Starscream
2009-03-15, 08:13 PM
Very bad movies. Favorite examples include:

* Howard the Duck
* The Leprechaun films,
* Anything featuring Freddy or Jason (though Freddy at least has also made some genuinely good ones.)
* Anything by Ed Wood
* Robot Monster (and other MST3K goodies)

Exceptions include Manos the Hands of Fate and anything by Uwe Boll. There are some things so bad that even I can't stomach them.

BlueWizard
2009-03-15, 08:32 PM
I love KRULL.

The best and only sci-fi/fantasy movie ever!

I watched it in the theatres way back when, and none of my gaming friends like it. Though I believe it is because they it sci-fi in their fantasy.

littlebottom
2009-03-15, 08:38 PM
I find Electric Six to be hilarious, if that counts. :smalltongue:

unfortunately your not alone :smallbiggrin: so that one doesnt count.

heres an odd one, obviously only people who know what FMA is will know what im talking about, but my favorite character is sheska. (possibly joint with hughes if thats how you spell it) but no one else agrees with me its all about ed, winry, armstrong and hawkeye with them lot... im alone :smallfrown:

Graymayre
2009-03-15, 08:50 PM
I love KRULL.

The best and only sci-fi/fantasy movie ever!

I watched it in the theatres way back when, and none of my gaming friends like it. Though I believe it is because they it sci-fi in their fantasy.

I second that one good sir!
I showed it off to my friends. They labled it as Terribly Awesome. :smallsmile:

Personally, I thought the movie "The Village" was good, even though I saw the tweest from a mile away.

doliest
2009-03-15, 08:51 PM
This rather long list includes;

Adam west batman
Eragon
fanfiction
The star wars prequels
The epic movie/disaster movie series
Batman and robin...sorta

DraPrime
2009-03-15, 08:53 PM
I enjoy the album St Anger, which is legendarily known for being bad. And Starscream, you don't truly know bad movies until you've seen Troll 2.

doliest
2009-03-15, 09:45 PM
I enjoy the album St Anger, which is legendarily known for being bad. And Starscream, you don't truly know bad movies until you've seen Troll 2.

"They're eating her....and then they're going to eat me....OH MY GOOOOOOD!"

Sneak
2009-03-15, 09:58 PM
unfortunately your not alone :smallbiggrin: so that one doesnt count.

Hmm. Then I'll have to think of something else.

...Petyr Baelish?

Tengu_temp
2009-03-15, 10:07 PM
VG Cats. Yeah, the humour is immature and the update schedule makes Goblins look like Penny Arcade - I still find many of the strips funny. Not all, but many.

RabbitHoleLost
2009-03-15, 10:07 PM
Mine would have to be the Twilight books. Yes, the writing is bad, yes, the plot is simply a teenage girl's wish fulfillment, yes, the characters are all Mary Sues . . . but I just like reading it. Maybe it's just because it's one of the few book series that I own that are simply 'light reading' material. Everything I else I read tends to be dark fantasy, where things can get very depressing.

Ditto here
>>

Also, The Great Gatsby. I seem to be the only person glad to have been forced to read it in High School.

Sneak
2009-03-15, 10:12 PM
Ditto here
>>

Also, The Great Gatsby. I seem to be the only person glad to have been forced to read it in High School.

...I liked the Great Gatsby...

But then I again, I liked almost everything I've read for high school. Moby ****, Great Expectations, The Dead, The Laughing Man, East of Eden...didn't particularly enjoy The Book of Job, Genesis, The Odyssey (although the story is great, it simply isn't meant to be read), and Their Eyes Were Watching God. Woman Warrior I just thought was ok.

GoC
2009-03-15, 10:25 PM
Fanfics and Jar-Jar.:smallredface:

Sotextli
2009-03-15, 10:52 PM
I liked Battlefield Earth.

I also like Creed.

Ridureyu
2009-03-15, 10:52 PM
I love Fist of the North Star. A lot.

thubby
2009-03-15, 11:07 PM
zombies. well here that's normal but not IRL
trance
shadowrun (the 360 game)

Starscream
2009-03-15, 11:41 PM
And Starscream, you don't truly know bad movies until you've seen Troll 2.

I have. That's another one for the list.

Nilbog!

Verruckt
2009-03-16, 12:00 AM
I genuinely enjoy bands most people consider fit only for "Ironic" listening.
Case in point Rammstein, Sabaton, Demons & Wizards, etc. I know I'm not alone here, but the general consensus seems to be that these guys are things you put on your Ipod for shiggles, not enjoyment.

toasty
2009-03-16, 12:39 AM
Case in point Rammstein, Sabaton, Demons & Wizards, etc. I know I'm not alone here, but the general consensus seems to be that these guys are things you put on your Ipod for shiggles, not enjoyment.

I love Sabaton... I listen to them because they have a sense of humor (okay... seriously... I could not sing their music with a straight face).

Other than that... well... RPGs don't count in this circle...

I enjoyed AVP2?

Verruckt
2009-03-16, 12:53 AM
I enjoyed AVP2?

I think AvP2 is one of the most underrated comedies is recent memory. It was essentially a 2 hour long string of trope subversions, from the kid getting facehugger-ed at the beginning to the commando with a suppressed M249 at the end.

"Why would the government lie to us?" *MOAB* (me in the theater "BWAHAHAHAHAHA")

Edit: Oh and I like Questionable Content... gods if I know why, no self respecting alpha male metal head like myself should even touch that webcomic, but I enjoy it. DAMN YOU JEPH JACQUES AND YOUR CHARMINGLY MISSPELLED FIRST NAME!

Myatar_Panwar
2009-03-16, 01:22 AM
Gotrek & Felix.

I didn't know that there were people who disliked those books. Some seriously badass fiction.

Athaniar
2009-03-16, 04:07 AM
Dschinghis Khan

It's good to know I'm not the only one. Seriously, greatest band ever.

Also, the Catwoman film. Sure, it has its flaws, but it's actually not that bad, if you (like me) don't care that it "doesn't go well with established comic lore". I also like several other movies that have been rated rather poorly. And the Star Wars prequels are as much Star Wars to me as the original trilogy. And I don't find Jar-Jar Binks that annoying. Speaking of scrappies, I like Deekin from NWN as well.

EDIT: And Vanilla Coke. Gotta love Vanilla Coke.

BlueWizard
2009-03-16, 04:20 AM
It was not the only sci-fi/fantasy film. Some films in the Godzilla franchise come to mind. The Star Wars franchise arguably also qualifies.[/nitpick]
I'll nitpick back.

I probably should've said only sci-fi/sword-and-sorcery movie. :smallcool:

Satyr
2009-03-16, 04:27 AM
I like reading theatre plays. I don't mind going to actually go to a theatre and watch one, but I like reading them.

I also love movies I need to see twice or three times until I completely understand them, like most Lynch movies. I had an epiphany when I understood Mullholland Drive.

I think that the Misfits became much better after Glen Danzig left the band and that Famous Monsters is their best album, and Helena their best song.

And: Pears filled with gorgonzola are made out of bliss.

ghost_warlock
2009-03-16, 05:04 AM
I love Dark City, though none of my friends do.

Same goes for Freddy Got Fingered. The roadkill'd deer scene is probably one of the funniest things I've ever seen.

For what it's worth, I also enjoyed AvP2. I'm not really sure if I consider it a comedy, but I have to give props for how insanely dark the movie is - facehugger on the kid, pregnant lady getting implanted by the pred-alien, etc. Also they killed the Too Annoying/Dumb to Live character, which is a trope that never gets old. Too many other main characters survived, though, which is a shame.

bosssmiley
2009-03-16, 08:28 AM
Megas XLR - all other cartoons/animu are weaksauce
Bollywood movies, especially the Hindi version of "Hard Boiled" (IANMTU)
Sci-Fi Channel originals. "Boa vs. Python" and "Snakehead Terror" ftw!
BECMI D&D

Ascension
2009-03-16, 10:22 AM
Megas XLR - all other cartoons/animu are weaksauce

Though I can't agree with the "everything else is weaksauce" comment, Megas XLR is most certainly not something that no one else does or should like. It was great, and still has a strong following.

Tengu_temp
2009-03-16, 10:32 AM
I love Dark City, though none of my friends do.

Dark City is Matrix, only not stupid and made earlier - liking the latter and disliking the former is a sign of either hypocrisy or bad taste.

GoC
2009-03-16, 10:45 AM
Sci-Fi Channel originals. "Boa vs. Python" and "Snakehead Terror" ftw!

Now there's something you should be ashamed of.:smallwink:

Querzis
2009-03-16, 11:19 AM
I also like Dominic Degan and I also find it not as enjoyable after going to the forum...what are all these haters doing there anyway if they dont like the freaking comic?

Anyway, I really like Yu-gi-oh (the card game, not the anime) and I still play lots of yu-gi-oh video games on my computer. And as for the anime, the original manga was actually pretty good.

Closet_Skeleton
2009-03-16, 11:36 AM
Dark City is Matrix, only not stupid and made earlier - liking the latter and disliking the former is a sign of either hypocrisy or bad taste.

I would say that Dark City is the Matrix but more pretentious and with less amusing violence. So just like the Matrix sequels.

The plot of the Matrix is fine if you assume that it isn't stupid, only Morpheus is.

If anyone here likes the Matrix sequels they should say so in this thread.

comicshorse
2009-03-16, 01:07 PM
Bad T.V. particularly : Highlander the Series and Space Precinct

Athaniar
2009-03-16, 01:11 PM
Well, they're not exactly bad. (Matrix sequels, I mean)

Oh, and I just remembered, the two new Pink Panther films. I find them absolutely hilarious.

Closet_Skeleton
2009-03-16, 01:38 PM
Well, they're not exactly bad. (Matrix sequels, I mean)

Any film that makes you fall asleap in an action scene because you just want the thing to stop already isn't worth watching.

Athaniar
2009-03-16, 01:39 PM
Any film that makes you fall asleap in an action scene because you just want the thing to stop already isn't worth watching.

Everyone is, of course, entitled to their own opinions.

Cristo Meyers
2009-03-16, 01:45 PM
The Tremors movies. For some reason, I just love them.

Or, if you're already a fellow fan (all 12 of them), Tremors 4 and the TV series.

Weezer
2009-03-16, 02:00 PM
Hmm. Then I'll have to think of something else.

...Petyr Baelish?

I'm sorry to again disappoint you quest for a unique like but I like Petyr too.

Closet_Skeleton
2009-03-16, 02:06 PM

Or, if you're already a fellow fan (all 12 of them), Tremors 4 and the TV series.

The original Tremors is awesome, I haven't seen the rest.

edit:

In my opinion the second is just as good as the first, but the third and fourth lag behind.

I'm pretty sure that the only people who don't like Tremors have no sense of humor or haven't seen it.

Cristo Meyers
2009-03-16, 02:07 PM
The original Tremors is awesome, I haven't seen the rest.

In my opinion the second is just as good as the first, but the third and fourth lag behind.

Jahkaivah
2009-03-16, 03:08 PM
I also like Dominic Degan and I also find it not as enjoyable after going to the forum...what are all these haters doing there anyway if they dont like the freaking comic?

That's a bit like asking why people watch Mystery Science Theatre 3000 if all the films the show uses are crap.

Also "haters" is a bit of a strong word, a lot of us actually like the webcomic in a "so bad it's good" sort of way. Heck, I find that that the Dominic Deegan thread is one of the friendlyist places on this forum.

Archpaladin Zousha
2009-03-16, 03:18 PM
1. Jesus Christ: Vampire Hunter
2. The Dungeons and Dragons Movies
3. Paradise Lost
4. The Original Campaigns in both installments of the Neverwinter Nights series
5. Weight gain fiction

Jahkaivah
2009-03-16, 03:42 PM
Not that I like Dominic Degan, but MSTing something is still picking it apart which is what the poster is getting at.

It's not really hate though.

Athaniar
2009-03-16, 04:21 PM
2. The Dungeons and Dragons Movies

The first one, at least, is a good fantasy movie. Shame they slapped the Dungeons & Dragons label on it and destroyed it because it had nothing to do with D&D besides the genre.

You mean just the first two, or all three? I like them all.

5. Weight gain fiction
[/QUOTE]
Huh?

Xuincherguixe
2009-03-16, 04:49 PM
I liked the first Hulk movie. The one everyone else hated.

Of course, I can also understand why everyone hates it. God knows there was some real stupidity (NanoMeds? What the hell? Slipping in genetic engineering? Congratulations, you've managed to make something even stupider than the radiation origin.)

Less debatable is Aquanox. Wonderful two games those were. And nobody has even heard of them.

Callos_DeTerran
2009-03-16, 05:11 PM
The Final Fantasy: Spirits Within movie. Loved it, still do in fact.

Archpaladin Zousha
2009-03-16, 05:59 PM
Isn't Paradise Lost a classic piece? :smallconfused: I doubt this counts.

It is a classic piece, but how many people in this day and age read it of their own volition, without having it forced on them by a professor? :smalltongue:

Archpaladin Zousha
2009-03-16, 06:08 PM
The first one, at least, is a good fantasy movie. Shame they slapped the Dungeons & Dragons label on it and destroyed it because it had nothing to do with D&D besides the genre.
From everyone I've heard talk about it, it was a terrible movie that omitted scenes that were essential to the plot, had a terrible script and just as terrible acting, even on Jeremy Irons's part. While I agree to the first part (especially the inside the scroll scene,) I think the hamminess is what gave it its charm. And Lee Arrenberg was hillarious as the dwarf!

You mean just the first two, or all three? I like them all.
I like them all too, but most people I've spoken to say that the OC and most of the other content, aside from Mask of the Betrayer for NWN 2 and possibly Hordes of the Underdark for NWN 1, is poorly written and cumbersome, and that the user-made content is infinitely preferable. I do not trust DLC of any kind, even official DLC, since I always seems to screw something up when I download it. My copy of Mass Effect hasn't even worked since I downloaded Bring Down The Sky.:smallannoyed:

Huh?
I'm a Fat Admirer (FA). I prefer fat girls to thin ones, and thus I enjoy fiction, fan or original, that depicts females gaining weight. Sometimes males too, but that's more out of curiosity than actual attraction.

Rutskarn
2009-03-16, 08:09 PM
Regarding the NWN campaigns:

From what I heard, those were actually decently well-liked. Personally, I couldn't stand the first NWN's campaign, much less the sequels, and I thought that NWN2 was at best inconsistent.

Still, beats some of the other videogame storylines. I'm looking at you, Fable 1 and 2.

Starscream
2009-03-16, 08:32 PM
I'd never heard Dark city referred to as a bad movie before. It's got great ratings at IMDB and Rotten Tomatoes, and Roger Ebert even did a commentary for it in which he praised it as a modern day Metropolis.

Sure, it wasn't the financial hit that the Matrix was, but since when has that ever correlated to quality? There's a reason the guy who wrote it went on to do Batman Begins and the Dark Knight.

toasty
2009-03-16, 08:52 PM

I watched all four tremors and loved them all. I didn't know there was a TV series...

I need to get the TV series...

littlebottom
2009-03-16, 08:55 PM
i love marmite!:smallbiggrin:

Graymayre
2009-03-16, 09:04 PM
1. Jesus Christ: Vampire Hunter

That... has to be the most awesome thing I have ever heard... I must know more.

I've played through them. If there's a problem enjoying them then there should be a problem enjoying any D&D campaign story. :smalltongue:

snoopy13a
2009-03-16, 09:08 PM
Ditto here
>>

The Great Gatsby is my favorite book.

I suppose my guilty pleasure is idiotic movie comedies (e.g. the ones made by ex-SNL cast members based off their sketches). I tend to love that stuff no matter how stupid they are.

Archpaladin Zousha
2009-03-16, 09:26 PM
That... has to be the most awesome thing I have ever heard... I must know more.

I am more than happy to oblige! :smallbiggrin:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4LRIypcaIX4

You can find the entire movie there I think.

Cristo Meyers
2009-03-16, 09:36 PM
I watched all four tremors and loved them all. I didn't know there was a TV series...

I need to get the TV series...

Good luck.

It came out on Sci Fi about the same time as the 3rd (4th?) movie did. Of course, debuting on Sci Fi meant that it would get the standard Sci Fi treatment of a crappy time slot that would shift without warning, sometimes on a weekly basis. It, of course, starred Burt. I believe 4 episodes aired, of which I can only remember seeing one.

Raistlin1040
2009-03-16, 11:20 PM
A list of things that I like, but no one else I know in real life does:

A-ha
Aldo Nova
Bauhaus
Candlebox
The Cure
A Flock Of Seagulls
Mott the Hoople
T. Rex

The House On Mango Street
Shogun
Romance of the Three Kingdoms
Twilight (Well, I know a lot of people who like Twilight. Only one other guy though.)

The Dynasty Warriors/Samurai Warriors/Warriors Orochi series (But Not Dynasty Warriors: Gundam. Just...no)

A whole mess of movies too numerous to list.

JabberwockySupafly
2009-03-17, 12:48 AM
It is a classic piece, but how many people in this day and age read it of their own volition, without having it forced on them by a professor? :smalltongue:

*Raises his hand* I own the complete works of John Milton, which I purchased of my own volition. I also read James Joyce's Ulysses of my own free will & I also recently picked up a copy of The Communist Manifesto to read.Oh, and I don't go to Uni, so I have no classes or anything that require these books. I just have a huge appreciation for a really good read of any kind, especially the classics.

You're kidding, right? Demons & Wizards are ironic listening? D&W is Hans from Blind Guardian and John Schaeffer from Iced Earth. They're incredibly popular in most metal circles. Trust me, this is not a Thing Nobody Else Likes. That would be like saying Iron Maiden is a TNEL.

hmmm.... my TNEL...

I think Annette, the new female vocalist of Nightwish, sings circles around Tarja. Almost everyone thinks I'm a complete heretic for saying this, and I probably am, but I think she's a million times better because she's not so damn full of herself and she actually puts emotion into her perfomances.

Closet_Skeleton
2009-03-17, 07:48 AM
I'd never heard Dark city referred to as a bad movie before. It's got great ratings at IMDB and Rotten Tomatoes, and Roger Ebert even did a commentary for it in which he praised it as a modern day Metropolis.

Sure, it wasn't the financial hit that the Matrix was, but since when has that ever correlated to quality? There's a reason the guy who wrote it went on to do Batman Begins and the Dark Knight.

A lot of critics like Dark City but you just can't claim its more enjoyable than the Matrix to most people despite the half more logical plot.

Things not to like about Dark City:

Kiefer Sutherland is a terrible ham in it
The awesome detective dies too early
The singing voice for the female lead is terrible
The protagonist has roughly the same emotional range as Keanu Reaves, which admittedly makes it either slightly better or slightly worse than The Matrix on that front
The lighting is too dark, like they thought they knew what noir was but didn't bother to check what actual noir was like
The idea of an entire alien race of Richard O'Brien is ruined when you can only hire a single Richard O'Brien
The visual effect that comes from their foreheads when they manipulate reality is incredibly lame
The final fight is equally lame

There are some good things about it but if I'm going to rewatch one of those often compared two films its going to be The Matrix.

Jimp
2009-03-17, 10:52 AM
The Final Fantasy: Spirits Within movie. Loved it, still do in fact.

I'm also admitting this. I just think it's nifty.

GolemsVoice
2009-03-17, 11:09 AM
Less debatable is Aquanox. Wonderful two games those were. And nobody has even heard of them.

Well, that then would be a Thing Nobody Has Heard Of, not a Thing Noboy Should Like, because I like them, at least the second part, which is the only one I've played. It probably is quite unknown, but it definitivly deserves more fame.

Krytha
2009-03-17, 11:51 AM
Jesus Christ Vampire Hunter?

It's all good, it's all right.
Everybody get laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaiiiid... TONIGHT

He came down from Hea-vennn
Two stakes in his hands
To smote the vampirrreee
And save this land!

Oh, and everybody likes Mythology.

Morty
2009-03-17, 01:11 PM
Game-based books. I've read one Warcraft novel and two Forgotten Realms-based ones, and I didn't find them so bad.

hamishspence
2009-03-17, 03:46 PM
same here: Liberty's Crusade, by Jeff Grubb, is an actually quite good (IMO) novelization of the Starcraft Terran campaign, as seen through the eyes of a reporter.

Verruckt
2009-03-17, 03:47 PM
You're kidding, right? Demons & Wizards are ironic listening? D&W is Hans from Blind Guardian and John Schaeffer from Iced Earth. They're incredibly popular in most metal circles. Trust me, this is not a Thing Nobody Else Likes. That would be like saying Iron Maiden is a TNEL.

hmmm.... my TNEL...

I think Annette, the new female vocalist of Nightwish, sings circles around Tarja. Almost everyone thinks I'm a complete heretic for saying this, and I probably am, but I think she's a million times better because she's not so damn full of herself and she actually puts emotion into her perfomances.

That's what I tell everyone, but most friends IRL that I share D&W with just say it's dangerously close to buttrock and file it into the same category where bands like The Darkness intentionally reside. Also yes you are a heretic.

Innis Cabal
2009-03-17, 03:48 PM
A list of things that I like, but no one else I know in real life does:

Romance of the Three Kingdoms

The Dynasty Warriors/Samurai Warriors/Warriors Orochi series (But Not Dynasty Warriors: Gundam. Just...no)

Your not the only one. And really we're not the only ones that like the DW and WO series, as there are at least 6 games for DW. Though I admit to liking DW:G

Dogmantra
2009-03-22, 06:49 AM
Another one for the NWN OCs... at least, NWN2, I haven't played 1.
There's that ITV programme, called Demons that was on a while ago, the acting was pretty rubbish, there was at least one Mary Sue, a ton of predictable death traps (at one point the heroes were trapped in a slowly-filling tank of water) but I really liked it. That might be to do with the fact I took it as Parody though.

I also like strawberry ice cream (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=106111&highlight=Scream) :smalltongue:

toasty
2009-03-22, 07:56 AM

... I know someone who agrees with you. Its my opinion that I will not compare them. At least, I try not to...

However, that being said I think that DPP is perhaps nightwish's best album.

Onmi
2009-03-22, 08:20 AM
Hmmm...

I guess the Animorph Books would be a Guilty Pleasure, I certainly liked them and can defend them, don't know how the world feels however.

Bryn
2009-03-22, 10:03 AM
Dark Messiah of Might and Magic. I probably shouldn't, but for some reason I liked it.

Zarah
2009-03-22, 11:07 AM
Dark Messiah of Might and Magic. I probably shouldn't, but for some reason I liked it.

I don't see why not. It may not have been game of the year, but it was a lot of fun. It's one of the few games I've played that actually did first-person melee fighting really well. I never got tired of kicking people off ledges to their doom. :smallbiggrin:

But there is another game I've played that I think deserves a mention (though it may have been brought up already); Amplitude. I remember playing it with my friend years before Guitar Hero ever showed up on the scene, but it seems like nobody has ever heard of the game. Sure, most of the music was nothing special, but it felt so fluid. I'd probably still prefer it over GH if I had a chance to play it again.

Morty
2009-03-22, 11:21 AM

I don't see what's so strange about it. It's a very decent game. Well, if you look past people flying like dolls after every kick and inexplicably placed spikes.

bibliophile
2009-03-22, 01:20 PM
*Raises his hand* I own the complete works of John Milton, which I purchased of my own volition.

Me too! I know I couldn't be the only one.

the chaos outside nature:

a dark
Illimitable ocean, without bound,
Without dimension; where length, breadth, and height,
And time, and place, are lost; where eldest Night
And Chaos, ancestors of Nature, hold
Eternal anarchy, amidst the noise
Of endless wars...