PDA

View Full Version : What if he loses?

Tubercular Ox
2009-03-15, 04:30 PM
This thread has probably been posted before, but...

Now that he's retreating to the portal room, I see a distinct possibility that he actually loses Gobwin Knob and ends up as a barbarian mercenary, like Zamussels. I suppose this raises the chance of "He works for Charlie," but it doesn't have to go that way.

Occasional Sage
2009-03-15, 09:48 PM
Heck, given some of the things that have been leaked (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=5742639#post5742639) about the next story, it's possible that Parson doesn't survive BfGK. I don't think it would be the kind of twist the authors would use, but the possibility is certainly there.

Altima
2009-03-16, 03:34 AM
Well, he's not an heir, so I don't think he'd go barbarian like Jillian. Plus he's trapped in GK, which goes into stasis immediately once Stanley is offed. He won't be able to move until GK is attacked again, at which point it'd just be a blatant curb-stomp that he could do little about.

Dave Rapp
2009-03-17, 05:32 PM
In light of #134, I find it highly unlikely that Parson is going to lose. He said very early on, and I quote (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/erf0041.html),

"I have just two words for Erfworld: God Mode"

Apart from making a very halfhearted attempt to move units at night, Parson has been playing by the rules up until now. And although he's been playing them very well, he still hasn't really done anything that would trump a no-win situation. Now he's turning on god mode, and the rules are going to start flying out the window. The only way those NPCs are going to turn on god mode is if they can start thinking around the rules in the way Parson can, but remember, Misty couldn't even really understand the idea of units moving at night, and Stanley couldn't quite grasp the idea of real time. And even if the other side manages to turn on god mode as well, Parson remains the best strategist in play and is likely to still outsmart them.

Also, you don't kill off the smart character whose name is an anagram for protagonist. It's just not done.

Tubercular Ox
2009-03-19, 01:48 AM
And 134 just implied that only casters can enter the magic kingdom, I'm pretty sure, so even if he does lose, he ain't hiding out there.