PDA

View Full Version : Need Help for Commando Outsiders (post-modern setting)

Arachu
2009-03-15, 08:26 PM
Hey all. I'm constructing a campaign setting in which the elves took over the world (some tyrant's doing) and then got all technological.

At some point (after bionic implants and before hover cars) all Hells broke loose, and now fiends are flooding the world.

I made a list of deities, and one of them is a chaotic neutral god of rain/floods. This guy hates the elves (because they took over the world for some reason), but also hates the fiends (because he doesn't like them, I guess)

I am trying to make some commando-like, gun wielding outsiders for him to command, and I come here asking for ideas.

So, anyone got any?

Mr.Moron
2009-03-15, 08:33 PM
What exactly are you looking for? Some kind of monster? 3.5? 4.0? CR/Level?

You say gun-toting, but what exactly is the technology level? Early Fire Arms, WW2 Style Stuff? Future Zappies? etc..

Egiam
2009-03-15, 08:39 PM
Some kind of MAAAAUUUNNNNNNNNNSTTEER!!!!! :smallredface:

(Just had to say that)

Well, I imagine him having a troop of demons that made a pact with the fire god to build supernatural (spellfire) guns. I think that there was a homebrew on this site for spellgunish things.

Arachu
2009-03-15, 09:29 PM
It's a close-to-modern day setting, tough there are cybernetics (I have a good backstory, though). Modern-day firearms, like rifles and SMGs.

... But I bet I could give something else some magic-amped guns...

Mr.Moron
2009-03-15, 09:45 PM
It's a close-to-modern day setting, tough there are cybernetics (I have a good backstory, though). Modern-day firearms, like rifles and SMGs.

... But I bet I could give something else some magic-amped guns...

Okay. Still need to know what power level & edition you want these monsters for. If they're 3.5, what CR? Or range of CRs? If it's 4th, what level? Do you want normals, elites etc..?

Right now your guidelines are just a bit too vague.

Arachu
2009-03-15, 09:49 PM
Ah. Well, it's not 4e, so I assume it's 3.5...

Power should be based on rank, so I imagine CR starting at about 4 and ending in a resounding 15 or even 17. I also plan on giving them the elite array for the most part (but the nonelite for low-rankers).

BRC
2009-03-15, 11:43 PM
Hmm, so something you can easily apply class-levels to would probably be best.

DracoDei
2009-03-16, 10:25 AM
I suggest that at least some of them should have the ability to turn themselves(and probably their equipment) into water to disguise themselves as puddles or infiltrate through plumbing or perhaps flow through even the smallest crack given time.

My further mechanical ideas for this type: In this form they should be slow and have only a very weak attack if any at all, but be immune to slashing, bludgeoning, peircing, and sonic. Cold should "only" freeze part of them, rendering them less able to squeeze through pipes or whatever or even paralyzing them until the ice melts. I am on the fence on how Acid should effect them in this form. Vulnerability to Fire is probably necessary to keep them from being TOO powerful in this form.

Anyway, they get in through a drain, or, if you make them strong enough, rip a faucet off, then reform into their usual form, place some explosives or shoot a bunch of people, then leave the same way they came in (except they would just turn on the faucet, rather than ripping it off...(provided you make them strong enough to go up-stream.

If you like I could probably stat them up, but it MIGHT take me as long as a month or even longer (and that is assuming you want 3.5 instead of Modern format).