PDA

View Full Version : [Creature, MitP] Khazradi (Rock Giant)

Cornugon
2006-08-26, 11:34 AM
Khazradi
Huge Giant
Hit Dice: 18d8+111 (192hp)
Initiative: +1
Speed: 30ft.
Armor Class: 24 (-2 size, +1 dex, +15 natural), touch 9, flat-footed 23
Base Attack/Grapple: +13/+37
Attack: Gargantuan greatclub +26 melee (4d8+18/19-20), or slam +25 melee (1d6+12), or rock +14 ranged (4d8+18 )
Full Attack: Gagantuan greatclub +26/+21/+16 melee (4d8+18/19-20), or 2 slams +25 melee (1d6+12), or rock +14 ranged (4d8+18 )
Space/Reach: 15ft./15ft.
Special Attacks: Mountain pulse, rock throwing
Special Qualities: Damage reduction 10/magic, darkvision 60’, low-light vision, powerful build, rock catching, stone body
Saves: Fort +17, Ref +7, Will +7
Abilities: Str 35, Dex 12, Con 23, Int 10, Wis 12, Cha 8
Skills: Climb +33, Jump +33, Spot +22
Feats: Toughness, Power Attack, Combat Reflexes, Improved Bullrush, Improved Overrun, Weapon Focus (Greatclub), Improved Critical (Greatclub)
Environment: Temperate Mountains, or Underground
Organization: Solitary, gang (2-5)
Challenge Rating: 12
Treasure: Standard
Alignment: Usually LE
Advancement: By character class
Level Adjustment: -

A massive humanoid stands before you, almost as wide as it is tall. Its dark skin is covered in rocky outcroppings, and it hold a club almost as tall as it with relative ease.

Khazradi, or rock giants, were once a large tribe of stone giants that were tricked into making a deal with a group of evil elemental spirits. The ritual they performed in the dealing left their minds and bodies warped unnaturally.

Khazradi look somewhat like a cross between a typical giant and a boulder. Their large frame is studded with rocky outcroppings and tiny spikes. Their skin is generally a deep brown, ranging to black, with other rocky colors spread seemingly at random throughout the growths on their bodies. Khazradi are hairless, and possess cold, black eyes.

The typical rock giant stands upwards of 15 feet, and weights over 8,000 pounds. Khazradi speak Common and Giant in loud, rumbling voices.

Combat
Khazradi revel in combat, using their enormous bulk to move opponents to the best location, grapple, or simply pound them to a pulp. Multiple rock giants like to split up their enemies as much as possible, making it easier to concentrate on one target at a time. Khazradi are incredibly proud creatures, and generally do not run from combat.

Mountain Pulse (Su): Once a day the Khazradi can stomp the ground around it while expelling some of the elemental essence infused in him. This cause a pulse of rock to shatter forward around it in a 20-foot burst, dealing 5d10 of bludgeoning damage to all within. Creatures within the area that succeed on a DC 25 Reflex save take half damage from the stony circle, this save is Constitution based.

The burst that occurs also results in a large amount of rubble that makes the area of the attack count as difficult terrain. Khazadi ignore difficult terrain created by this ability.

Rock Throwing (Ex): The range increment is 180 feet for a Khazradi’s thrown rocks. It uses both hands when throwing a rock.

Powerful Build (Ex): A rock giant is so massive that it counts as one size category larger in all areas where is would gain a benefit from doing so.

Rock Catching (Ex): A rock giant gains a +4 racial bonus on its Reflex save when attempting to catch a thrown rock.

Stone Body (Ex): The rock that makes up most of the body of a Rock Giant grants it the ability to shrug off many deadly blows. A Khazradi has a 25% chance to ignore extra damage from critical hits and sneak attacks.

Skills: Rock Giants get a +8 racial bonus to hide check in rocky or underground terrain.

[hr]

Fluff and stuff to be added later, as well as the actual 'official' powerful build.

The reason I made this guy was that one of the guys I DM was being a bit of a spotlight hog with his Goliath. I originally started just with the idea of a big creature with powerful build, but ended up making a creature that makes wizards absolutely shine, and warriors cry themselves to sleep at night.

Comments or error checking greatly appreaciated.

-MitP (Monsters in the Playground) project- (http://www.giantitp.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=homebrew;action=display;num=11557461 87;start=0)

asromta
2006-08-26, 03:45 PM
The combination of Huge size and powerfull build is intersting, but wouldn't it be a Gargantuan Greatclub? Aren't normal greatclub already the same size catagory as yourself?

Mitp vote: Yes

Cornugon
2006-08-26, 03:46 PM
Ooops, right you are. I never would have caught that.

Edit: Fixed it.

Gralamin
2006-08-26, 04:05 PM
destroy those smileys...

Looks good though

Lord Iames Osari
2006-08-26, 04:09 PM
MitP Vote: Yes.

MandibleBones
2006-08-30, 10:57 PM
MitP: Yes.

Cornugon
2006-08-31, 02:28 PM
Thanks greatly for the votes.

If anyone doesn't think that the thing is exciting enough, or doesn't feel like voting on it for some reason, let me know. I can't do anything about the exciting bit, but if there's something ambiguous about it that you don't like, I'll happily fix it.

Still haven't found my races of stone, so it's still waiting for correct powerful build definition.