PDA

View Full Version : Right Hand of the Lady (template)

Umbral_Arcanist
2006-08-30, 04:41 PM
The Lady of Mists is a powerful goddess of secrets (mundane and magical) and shadow.

She prefers to not interfere with mortal affairs directly, instead she chooses a mortal to empower who while act as her will on the Matierial Plane. The subject must be an arcane spellcaster or Shadowcaster.

There are realtivly few benifits to being the Right Hand of the Lady (or the Lady's Shadow), but they are puissant abilities.

Abilties: The Lady has many elixers and spells to increase the mind and body of her Right Hand. This results in a +4 bonus to all six ability scores.

Saves: gains a +4 luck bonus to all saves

Immunities: gain immunity to death effects, sleep, stunning and compulsions.

Also gains 50% fortification, DR 5/-- and Fast healing equal to his CON modifier.

Feats: The Right Hand gains these bonus feats: improved initative, combat reflxes, combat casting, mage slayer, pierce magical protection, pierce magical concealment (and also a +12 bonus to caster level to off set the penalty from these feats)improved toughness and Iron Will. He also gains two metamagic/meta shadow feats he qualifies for.

Spells: gains no new spells, but gains the Eldritch Blast ability of a 20th level warlock and knowledge of ALL invocations. He gains two meta-spell-like ability feats as well as the above feats.

Skills: he gains a bonus to skills that will enhance his skills as an assassin and bodyguard. he gains +6 to hide, move silently, listen, spot, and spellcraft.

CR: +??? (i am unsure what this would increase CR by, i figure in the range of +6, give or take 2, this isn't my sepciality)

The Right Hand of the Lady serves as a bodyguard, assassin (particularly of mages) and spy.
This is not intended for PCs, and should only be used in a high level (epic) campaign. For example the current Right Hand of the Lady is a swashbuckler 3/occult slayer 5/shadowcaster 20/assassin 5/noctumancer 2.

To powerdown the class a little remove all bonus "meta-" feats, and only give EB ability as a warlock of equivilent HD, including invocations known. Drop the fortification, fast healing and DR.

The EB ability is intended merely to add a few extra trick to the abilities of the Right Hand, who should be caster with some combat ability.

This is my first template, so try and be nice in your criticisms, i had trouble getting the idea in my head into the restraints of a crunchy template......

Eighth_Seraph
2006-08-30, 07:49 PM
:o *gape* please tell me that you just forgot to put in a level adjustment, otherwise I would go in there and assassinate the current shadow in three languages and get put on there myself. I would say a moderately high LA for this template, in the area of +5 in my opinion.

Umbral_Arcanist
2006-08-30, 11:40 PM
:o *gape* please tell me that you just forgot to put in a level adjustment, otherwise I would go in there and assassinate the current shadow in three languages and get put on there myself. I would say a moderately high LA for this template, in the area of +5 in my opinion.

it's not for PCs so LA is irrelevent, CR is all that matters for baddies (which us usually a few points lower than LA, because some abilities are ALOT more useful to PCs than to NPCs)

Hario
2006-08-31, 11:12 AM
what if you killed off her right handed man, and then asked her if you could fill the position in his place? do you get the template for free? ;)

Umbral_Arcanist
2006-08-31, 11:41 AM
what if you killed off her right handed man, and then asked her if you could fill the position in his place? do you get the template for free? ;)

Likely if you killed her right hand man she'd be mad and kill you, just because she doesn't like to get her hands dirty doesn't mean she isn't a powerful goddess.....

Since it's only by DM approval you could EVER get it, and DMs are advised it is not meant for PCs, so no DM should allow it, like the tarrasque doesn't have any LA