PDA

View Full Version : Twilight, the anime

Jayngfet
2009-03-19, 06:02 PM
Heads up sane people: Just when we thought we dodged a bullet with the next twilight book being postponed roomers of a twilight anime. (http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2009-03-16/twilight-director-hardwicke-hints-at-anime-version)

To top off the awfulness it was reported by SyFy. So there's a good chance we'll lose Gurren Lagann for this.

Trizap
2009-03-19, 06:07 PM
oh gods....Syfy and anime Twilight........two evils have made an alliance, quick everyone, we must get fire, so we can purge the two demons from the planet.

Collin152
2009-03-19, 06:30 PM
Optimism, people! Maybe they'll change everything but the names.

DraPrime
2009-03-19, 06:32 PM
Oh god...

This is the end :smalleek:

Closet_Skeleton
2009-03-19, 06:37 PM
But they already made Vampire Knight...

chiasaur11
2009-03-19, 06:49 PM
The only thing preventing me from going mad is the knowledge of an upcoming Solomon Stone book length epic.

It's the anti Twilight!

Verruckt
2009-03-19, 07:33 PM
I choose to look at this one of two ways, because the third way (that something like this is being inflicted upon us without any need or provocation, and that there is actually a market for this kind of drivel) would leave me irrevocably insane.

Possibility #1: They take the series and crank it up to eleven. Make our author insert wonder a delusional, oft-suicidal wreck of a human being (because she should be), and turn Baron Von Sparkle into a creepy, sadistic, incredibly possessive stalker/rapist (because he is). Just make it the darkest, most depressing, sickening mind **** possible. Hell, get David Cronenberg to direct the series, and Junji Ito to do the animation. Worth it because it might actually be worth watching and because of the havoc it would cause among the established fan base.

Possibility #2: This may be the karmic balance for something incredibly awesome on the horizon. A Spider Jerusalem series on HBO? Maybe a Preacher Trilogy on DVD? A good Punisher movie? Damn, shoot for the stars, maybe Allen Moore will start up ABC again. Dream big kids, an awful lot of good will be needed to balance out this abomination :smallsmile:.

chiasaur11
2009-03-19, 07:40 PM
I choose to look at this one of two ways, because the third way (that something like this is being inflicted upon us without any need or provocation, and that there is actually a market for this kind of drivel) would leave me irrevocably insane.

Possibility #1: They take the series and crank it up to eleven. Make our author insert wonder a delusional, oft-suicidal wreck of a human being (because she should be), and turn Baron Von Sparkle into a creepy, sadistic, incredibly possessive stalker/rapist (because he is). Just make it the darkest, most depressing, sickening mind **** possible. Hell, get David Cronenberg to direct the series, and Junji Ito to do the animation. Worth it because it might actually be worth watching and because of the havoc it would cause among the established fan base.

Possibility #2: This may be the karmic balance for something incredibly awesome on the horizon. A Spider Jerusalem series on HBO? Maybe a Preacher Trilogy on DVD? A good Punisher movie? Damn, shoot for the stars, maybe Allen Moore will start up ABC again. Dream big kids, an awful lot of good will be needed to balance out this abomination :smallsmile:.

CGI Goon movie and the Goon vs Dethklok.

Now you know what this atrocity is countered by. You're welcome.

Hadrian_Emrys
2009-03-19, 07:41 PM
I have no choice but to pray for both 1 and 2. 1 would be especially grand, but let's be realistic for a moment here. It's going to be crap, and even more cash into that stupid cow's pocket. :smallannoyed:

Collin152
2009-03-19, 08:15 PM
even more cash into that stupid cow's pocket. :smallannoyed:
You're right.
Let's get back at her.
You know, they say the best revenge is living well, but "that stupid cow" doesn't know we exist, so that's a hard way to go about it. So, naturally, the best revenge is living well, and beign famous for it. But, to make the revenge sweeter, we must become famous for what she's done, do it better, and then live well.
What am I saying? Let's all write a better vampire romance story out of spite! And then make them make a movie and an anime based on it!

...hmmm, there's a thought...

Hadrian_Emrys
2009-03-19, 08:26 PM
Way ahead of you. There are two stories in the works, one of which is modern. The real trick is to make something that is accessible to the lowest common denominator without killing my own brain cells.

Jayngfet
2009-03-19, 08:30 PM
You're right.
Let's get back at her.
You know, they say the best revenge is living well, but "that stupid cow" doesn't know we exist, so that's a hard way to go about it. So, naturally, the best revenge is living well, and beign famous for it. But, to make the revenge sweeter, we must become famous for what she's done, do it better, and then live well.
What am I saying? Let's all write a better vampire romance story out of spite! And then make them make a movie and an anime based on it!

...hmmm, there's a thought...

You know, we should do this. I've already thought: What about an intentionally twisted relationship. A vampire that kills and a twisted woman who hands him the routines of people she hates. So if she has parental issues she gives him their adress and daily routine and such.

Collin152
2009-03-19, 08:31 PM
You know, we should do this. I've already thought: What about an intentionally twisted relationship. A vampire that kills and a twisted woman who hands him the routines of people she hates. So if she has parental issues she gives him their adress and daily routine and such.

Permission to steal? I'd totally credit you in the publication.

Jayngfet
2009-03-19, 08:33 PM
Permission to steal? I'd totally credit you in the publication.

Permission granted. I don't trust my writing skills to live up to my ideas or my laziness to get an entire story out.

Collin152
2009-03-19, 08:39 PM
Permission granted. I don't trust my writing skills to live up to my ideas or my laziness to get an entire story out.

Kyahahaha! Project Codename Vitiation is a go!
It means "an impairment in quality, or a moral corruption". I found it fitting.
And now to shape some horribly flawed characters. But first, to define vampirism in a uniqueish but not absurd manner. Maybe a not-ridiculous way of dealing with that sunlight problem.

doliest
2009-03-19, 08:47 PM
This isn't without precident, Deltora Quest got turned into an anime and it wasn't nearly as successful. I'm honestly thinking that the only thing that can counter-act this evil is if....nope nothing counteracts this short of YWBYSFB updating sometime soon.

chiasaur11
2009-03-19, 08:50 PM
CGI Goon cartoon.

The Goon vs. Dethklok.

If that doesn't restore your faith in humanity, you haven't read enough of "The Goon".

hanzo66
2009-03-19, 09:06 PM
http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z305/hanzo661/1234965934073.jpg
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Well, the least I can do is just stay away from it. If it's worth taking a look at for the lulz or as MST material, then at least some amusement will be derived of it.

BRC
2009-03-19, 09:29 PM
CGI Goon cartoon.

The Goon vs. Dethklok.

If that doesn't restore your faith in humanity, you haven't read enough of "The Goon".
I have read exactly 2 issues of "The Goon" (read, NOT ENOUGH), and that sounds like awesome incarnate.

What might be better is The Goon And Brock Samson vs abunch of mooks (Or The Good vs Brock Samson), with Dethklok playing in the background.

chiasaur11
2009-03-19, 09:48 PM
I have read exactly 2 issues of "The Goon" (read, NOT ENOUGH), and that sounds like awesome incarnate.

What might be better is The Goon And Brock Samson vs abunch of mooks (Or The Goon vs Brock Samson), with Dethklok playing in the background.

Hey, I only read one trade (again, not enough), and I figger the Goon with anybody is awesome.

Heck, he had a Hellboy team up. I think the Goon won. Now if that ain't something...

Trizap
2009-03-19, 10:35 PM
I developed a theory.

since Twilight is fantasy, everyone knows that, and this is the Syfy channel *spits* maybe they will mess each other up- the Syfy channel will executive meddle with it or adaptation decay will go into effect or twilight anime will make people angry since its not sci-fi but fantasy.

yea maybe the two evils will kill each other instead...

but if they don't, keep the flamethrowers ready.......the all purifying flamethrowers........

BRC
2009-03-19, 10:44 PM
Wait! Idea!
Fact 1: SyFy is kind of like Sci Fi, but isn't.
Fact 2: W40k is kind of like Science Fiction, but isn't.
Fact 3: Shinji Meets Warhammer 40k has proven that W40k (And the chainsaws therin) Can make anything awesome.
I present, the following scenario

Note, I may have these names wrong, having only heard about Twilight VIA Snark
Edward: I love you
Bella: BURN MUTANT SCUM. FOR THE EMPEROR!
Edward: *Burns*

And then Da Orkz show up...

Jayngfet
2009-03-19, 10:49 PM
I developed a theory.

since Twilight is fantasy, everyone knows that, and this is the Syfy channel *spits* maybe they will mess each other up- the Syfy channel will executive meddle with it or adaptation decay will go into effect or twilight anime will make people angry since its not sci-fi but fantasy.

yea maybe the two evils will kill each other instead...

but if they don't, keep the flamethrowers ready.......the all purifying flamethrowers........

You know, thats about a zero percent chance to happen.

Of course, we all know just what kind of percent that is to us.

turkishproverb
2009-03-19, 11:03 PM
Heads up sane people: Just when we thought we dodged a bullet with the next twilight book being postponed roomers of a twilight anime. (http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2009-03-16/twilight-director-hardwicke-hints-at-anime-version)

To top off the awfulness it was reported by SyFy. So there's a good chance we'll lose Gurren Lagann for this.

Erm, it was reported that the Director of the movie thought there would be an anime. From the quote, it sounds more like something being negotiated at worst, something she's stereotype expecting at best.

Verruckt
2009-03-19, 11:25 PM
Wait! Idea!
Fact 1: SyFy is kind of like Sci Fi, but isn't.
Fact 2: W40k is kind of like Science Fiction, but isn't.
Fact 3: Shinji Meets Warhammer 40k has proven that W40k (And the chainsaws therin) Can make anything awesome.
I present, the following scenario

Note, I may have these names wrong, having only heard about Twilight VIA Snark
Edward: I love you
Bella: BURN MUTANT SCUM. FOR THE EMPEROR!
Edward: *Burns*

And then Da Orkz show up...

*barely restrains urge to begin hopping up and down and clapping manically*

YES! YES! A thousand times YES!

Fact 4: Aliens is Nightmare Fuel.
Fact 5: Twilight is Nightmare Fuel.

So then we could have Ripley come in and throw Bella and her hellspawned child out of an airlock, while the rest of the Cullens are killed to the last by a Deathwatch team.

Kyahahaha! Project Codename Vitiation is a go!
It means "an impairment in quality, or a moral corruption". I found it fitting.
And now to shape some horribly flawed characters. But first, to define vampirism in a uniqueish but not absurd manner. Maybe a not-ridiculous way of dealing with that sunlight problem.

I've always found the awesome big ass hat and Badass Longcoat to be an acceptable way of dealing with this.

Mr. Scaly
2009-03-20, 12:30 AM
I've always found the awesome big ass hat and Badass Longcoat to be an acceptable way of dealing with this.

I can see the Edward vs. Alucard threads already...and Alucard wins by a mile.

Xondoure
2009-03-20, 12:31 AM
At least its not a manga. Then the world would truly despair.

WitchSlayer
2009-03-20, 01:09 AM
At least that means it isn't being turned into a comic. I hope. We already have a High School Musical comic.

thubby
2009-03-20, 01:39 AM
the whole vampire thing works better in anime IMO.
so at least the action should look nicer.
though god help us if it gets more emo. or... oh god, what if they go for a mind screw!?!

Haruki-kun
2009-03-20, 01:59 AM
Anime.... Twilight..... does not compute......

http://i163.photobucket.com/albums/t288/Vaarsuvius89/wtf.jpg

Attilargh
2009-03-20, 09:46 AM
Why not? At least the sparkling would make some sense (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/BishieSparkle) now. :smallamused:

Skippy
2009-03-20, 10:05 AM
Ugh

I...

Ehm...

I'm left speechless. This is just wrong.

Helanna
2009-03-21, 08:15 AM
Oh gods be good no.

Okay, there are some sanity-preserving measures. For one thing, it sounds like it might not even happen. So maybe the world will be spared this atrocity! Or maybe, like has been said, they'll change it radically, and it won't be awful. Maybe it will even be . . . good.

And Collin152 I wanna see that story when you're done.

Anteros
2009-03-21, 11:20 AM
Let's be honest. These books aren't as bad as people on here make them out to be. While they're not exactly great works of literacy, they're honestly no worse written than the Harry Potter novels.

That said, I don't even think that you could translate the plot of Twilight into an anime. Almost all of the action (and there's hardly any) occurs either inside of the main character's head, or offscreen...and most of the conflicts in the series resolve themselves without violence.

I could see them making it into a crappy television show...but an anime? No.

Haven
2009-03-21, 12:21 PM

"roomers"? :smallannoyed:

Jayngfet
2009-03-21, 12:22 PM
"roomers"? :smallannoyed:

Yeah, my spellings never been the best and for some reason I can never get that particular word down.

Hadrian_Emrys
2009-03-21, 02:21 PM
Let's be honest. These books aren't as bad as people on here make them out to be. While they're not exactly great works of literacy, they're honestly no worse written than the Harry Potter novels.

Funny that I do not recall a glorified description of an emotionally abusive relationship, child grooming, pedophilia, rape, or severe wish fulfillment in HP. Maybe I just wasn't dazzled enough to notice.

Mannryu
2009-03-21, 03:01 PM
Turning Twilight into anime is just wrong... Turning Twilight into ANYTHING other than book is wrong. Its sole existence is wrong. I really do hope this is just a rumor and it will never come true.

Funny that I do not recall a glorified description of an emotionally abusive relationship, child grooming, pedophilia, rape, or severe wish fulfillment in HP. Maybe I just wasn't dazzled enough to notice.
Altho if they do turn it into anime, everything you just counted will probably be badly exposed. It will turn into something 18+ like. I wonder who will be left dazzling in that case.. not fans. Or at least not their parents. Lawsuit anyone?

Hadrian_Emrys
2009-03-21, 03:56 PM
Is it wrong that I almost hope that an anime is made that is completely accurate to what is described? That way, "movie" 4's rape of Bella, via glitter zombie, might finally sink into the heads of the fans of the series. This isn't love, it's a power game! Hell, looking at a baby with the intent of making a child adore you so you can shag it later is no less messed up. :smallfurious:

Helanna
2009-03-22, 09:01 AM

. . . No. If you (dis)like them the same amount, that's your opinion, but I can give you a hundred reasons Harry Potter is much better, just in terms of plot and characters. Hadrian_Emrys has already given some and I'm sure that others can help.

Onmi
2009-03-22, 09:19 AM
0_0.... o_o..... ._.

CRUSHER CONNECT!

GOLDION CRUSHER! TURN INTO LIGHT! (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-6TDhVCg18)

*Is locking himself in a marathon of GaoGaiGar*

Shadowbane
2009-03-22, 10:25 PM
Maybe it might work as an anime.

/Pointless, insane, hopeless optimism

Onmi
2009-03-22, 10:27 PM
Maybe it might work as an anime.

/Pointless, insane, hopeless optimism

On the bright side... Naruto and Gundam SEED Destiny would no longer be the WORST anime of all time.

Shadowbane
2009-03-22, 10:31 PM
Well put, well put!

/bows

Seriously though, I'd actually watch this anime. Just to see how bad it is. My friends and I actually have a Twilight snarking game we play, so this would just give us hours of fun.

TheSummoner
2009-03-22, 10:33 PM
On the bright side... Naruto and Gundam SEED Destiny would no longer be the WORST anime of all time.

I had come to this thread with the intention of saying something along the lines of "Why must you take something I enjoy (anime) and make it so very wrong..."

But you, sir, have proven to me that although a twilight anime would be a gross perversion of anime, and tv in general... considering whats already out there, it existing would be bearable.

Onmi
2009-03-22, 10:46 PM
Who would DRAW this?!? Honestly which studio would blacklist themselves to anyone with taste?!?

There is only one cure for craptacular Anime.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eiiNsKNTBjY

Lots and LOTS of JAM Project.

Jayngfet
2009-03-22, 10:49 PM
Who would DRAW this?!? Honestly which studio would blacklist themselves to anyone with taste?!?

There is only one cure for craptacular Anime.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eiiNsKNTBjY

Lots and LOTS of JAM Project.

Great, now I'm imagining the greatest musicians of all time lowering themselves to the twilight OP's.:smallfurious:

Ascension
2009-03-22, 10:50 PM
From the sound of the reports the whole thing sounds ephemeral. I'd say this abomination has about zero chance of coming to pass. Unless Twilight is selling like gangbusters in Japan. Is it?

Onmi
2009-03-22, 11:18 PM
Great, now I'm imagining the greatest musicians of all time lowering themselves to the twilight OP's.:smallfurious:

Actually I was suggesting we all put on JAM Project and forget that this idea exists. JAM Project? Do the Twilight Op. HOW DARE YOU THINK I WOULD SUGGEST SUCH A THING!

Thats like asking Dragonforce to do the opening for Ben 10!

Jayngfet
2009-03-22, 11:20 PM
Actually I was suggesting we all put on JAM Project and forget that this idea exists. JAM Project? Do the Twilight Op. HOW DARE YOU THINK I WOULD SUGGEST SUCH A THING!

Please, stop ruining my favorite bands!

Verruckt
2009-03-22, 11:29 PM
From the sound of the reports the whole thing sounds ephemeral. I'd say this abomination has about zero chance of coming to pass. Unless Twilight is selling like gangbusters in Japan. Is it?

It involves stalkers, obsession, rape, a sort of odd straight shota (given the age difference), some quite literal straight shota (with a werewolf no less) vampires, and a guro/vore pregnancy. How do you think it's doing in Japan?

Or Yoko Kanno doing Kim Possible :smallfrown:

This does however offer a sort of epiphany: How do you make a good Twilight anime?

Gainaxing! Near constant physics defying anti-gravity jiggles and way to much lense flare at every opportunity. Hell, put Kamina Shades on Vlad the Impregnator *braces for **** storm*

Onmi
2009-03-22, 11:30 PM
Please, stop ruining my favorite bands!

Oh yes for those curious, the new Shin Mazinger Z opening

The title is 感じてKnight (Kanjite Knight) or The Knight with/or Feelings, whatever that means. Anyway, it seems Ichirou Mizuki would not be doing it. Instead, itís seems to be an unit made up of two units and two solo artist. The first unit is LAZY, an old group formed by Mitsuko Horie and Hironobu Kageyama. The second is JAM Project, whom I really do not need to introduce. The two solo artistes are Kazuyoshi Saito and Okuda Tamio. I admit that I have no idea who these two are but judging from their sites, they seem to remind me of Yoshiki Fukuyama, with all the guitars on them. Whatever it is, I am looking forward to this song.

Release date is on the 22nd of April, released by Lantis.

also this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EOoz1VyHGG8 there now you can smile again.

Ascension
2009-03-23, 12:54 AM
It involves stalkers, obsession, rape, a sort of odd straight shota (given the age difference), some quite literal straight shota (with a werewolf no less) vampires, and a guro/vore pregnancy. How do you think it's doing in Japan?

I'm not denying that it has elements that could appeal to the Japanese, I'm asking for actual evidence, if anyone has any. Sales figures, Japanese fansites, that sort of thing.

also this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EOoz1VyHGG8 there now you can smile again.

Or at least I could if that video were available in America.

Turcano
2009-03-23, 01:06 AM
Well, it's official: we are all being slowly digested by an amoral universe.

Onmi
2009-03-23, 04:26 AM
I'm not denying that it has elements that could appeal to the Japanese, I'm asking for actual evidence, if anyone has any. Sales figures, Japanese fansites, that sort of thing.

Or at least I could if that video were available in America.

I would figured that face full of tentacles prevented the smiling but whatever.

Seriously haven't you guys got your settings set to 'Worldwide'?

Ascension
2009-03-23, 08:37 AM
Seriously haven't you guys got your settings set to 'Worldwide'?

I thought it blocked access based on the would-be viewer's IP address...

Onmi
2009-03-23, 05:22 PM
I thought it blocked access based on the would-be viewer's IP address...

Huh? I wouldn't know, I'm in Australia. All works for me.

The Blackbird
2009-03-24, 08:59 PM
Oh man, I have a friend who would eat my alive if I said this was a bad idea. She loves both anime and Twilight, when I tell her about this she might just cause a shout of happiness that it will be heard around the world. Watch out for that people.