How many templates that has "Half-" in the name. I need to know really quick

Armads
2009-03-20, 07:34 PM
Half-Dragon
Half-Fey
Half-Fiend
Half-Celestial
Half-Troll
Half-Elemental (or did it have a different name?)
Half-Golem

From the top of my memory only.

Woodsman
2009-03-20, 07:43 PM
Half-Farspawn as well.

MeklorIlavator
2009-03-20, 08:42 PM
Half-Ilithid?

monty
2009-03-20, 08:53 PM
I remember seeing somewhere directions for creating a half-anything. Anybody know what I'm talking about? It was a template-ish thing from some book that I can't remember the name of.

Xefas
2009-03-20, 08:58 PM
Half-Minotaur
Half-Vampire

I remember seeing somewhere directions for creating a half-anything. Anybody know what I'm talking about? It was a template-ish thing from some book that I can't remember the name of.

You may be thinking of Tauric from Savage Species which allows you to combine any humanoid or monstrous humanoid and any animal or magical beast to create a half/half creature (for instance, a Human/Horse Tauric Creature would be a Centaur).

monty
2009-03-20, 09:06 PM
You may be thinking of Tauric from Savage Species which allows you to combine any humanoid or monstrous humanoid and any animal or magical beast to create a half/half creature (for instance, a Human/Horse Tauric Creature would be a Centaur).

No, it wasn't that. It was in some obscure book I found online, and was definitely for making Half-X templates.

RTGoodman
2009-03-20, 10:27 PM
No, it wasn't that. It was in some obscure book I found online, and was definitely for making Half-X templates.

Bastards & Bloodlines? That's a third-party book I've heard of quite a bit. I'm not sure if it's what you're talking about, but it'd be my guess.

OP, check out the Crystal Keep 3.x Template Index PDF (http://www.crystalkeep.com/d20/rules/DnD3.5Index-Templates.pdf).

Woodsman
2009-03-20, 10:33 PM
Yeah, Bastards & Bloodlines tells you how to make half-just about anything templates.

It also does crossbreed races as well. It's a pretty cool book, in my opinion.

dspeyer
2009-03-20, 10:34 PM
ISTR multiple half-ogre templates, and a base race. There's also half-nymph.

Crystal Keep also knows of:
Half-doppleganger
Half-golem (many types, none playable)
Half-janni
Half-minotaur (as if minotaurs didn't have enough parts!)
Half-Rakshasa
Half-Satyr
Half-Scragg

Irreverent Fool
2009-03-21, 08:53 AM
If you're counting each color of half-dragon separately, you add quite a few additional templates.

obnoxious
sig

Tensu
2009-03-21, 08:57 AM
Why am I seeing a lot of "Half-(creature that could not reasonably be able to procreate)s?

Nohwl
2009-03-21, 09:04 AM
thats probably something you would have to work into the setting. like half golem might be some form of cyborg thing.

MickJay
2009-03-21, 09:07 AM
You can magically create just about any hybrid.

Zincorium
2009-03-21, 09:07 AM
Why am I seeing a lot of "Half-(creature that could not reasonably be able to procreate)s?

Well, when a mommy and a daddy love each other very much, and then an Evil Wizard (or just a crazy one) swoops down and squishes them together with something rather bizarre, or goes old school and stitches parts of them together with parts of something else, you get half-thingsthatdon'tbreed.

Half-Illithid is a misnomer, as it refers to stuff that isn't capable of turning into a full illithid that gets a tadpole stuffed into it's cranium regardless.

hamishspence
2009-03-21, 09:21 AM
Or possibly warping magic. Underdark shows a beholder half-illithid.

It describes way of producing them as "most often, through magical tampering with the reproductive processes of the base creature, rather than through direct mating"

Sstoopidtallkid
2009-03-21, 10:19 AM
BoEF lists the Half-Demon and Half-Devil as alternatives to the generic Half-Fiend.

Atelm
2009-03-21, 10:22 AM
Crystalkeep d20 Index (http://www.crystalkeep.com/d20/index.php) has Templates as a .pdf file that lists quite a few crossbreed templates.

Edit: that's what I get for not more than quickly skimming through all the posts, it's already been mentioned.