PDA

View Full Version : Norsefire v.s Merlin

DarthArminius
2009-03-22, 03:59 PM
Merlin, the wizard of Britain returns from The West to discover that Britain is ruled by an evil fascist party. The wizard from Myth decides that Norsefire has to go. How does he accomplish this?

chiasaur11
2009-03-22, 04:02 PM
He's a wizard.

I'm betting insanely overpowered fireballs.

Now what I want to see is Vetinari vs. V.

GoC
2009-03-22, 06:13 PM

This basically ends up as V vs. Discworld which depends very much on the relative power of Discworld and D&D magic. I'd vote Discworld purely on having less restrictions and greater numbers.

Ascension
2009-03-22, 07:14 PM
This basically ends up as V vs. Discworld which depends very much on the relative power of Discworld and D&D magic. I'd vote Discworld purely on having less restrictions and greater numbers.

D&D magic?

*facepalm*

Not Vaarsuvius. V. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/V_(comics))

zyphyr
2009-03-23, 03:19 AM

Vetinari has Carrot on his side... no contest.

kpenguin
2009-03-23, 03:25 AM
I'd say that Britain being in a post-apocalyptic world with a fascist government in power is its time of greatest need.

So, return of the King, maybe.

Jahkaivah
2009-03-23, 05:09 AM
Excuse my ignorance, but this had got to be the oddest pairing I have seen for a versus thread yet.

Incidently if there were two writer's I would want to see write something together it would be Alan Moore and Terry Pratchett.

Satyr
2009-03-23, 05:31 AM
Mrlin is no D&D spellcaster. He is a smart and wise man, but as a spellcaster, he is actually not that spectacular. I mean, summon a thick fog means for him to sleed for a year.

Then again, why should Merlin be annoyed by Northfire? he comes from the 5th century A.D. where "humane" meant "to kill your enemy quickly and without much pain before you rape and eslave their wives and daughters." So, there are little to no moral concerns for Merlin to oppose the regime - and the blatant racism is absolutely nothing Merlin has any problem with - the difference between "kill all the Saxons before they take away our land" and " kill all the homosexuals and ethnic minorites" there is only a marginal difference. It is quite likley that Merlin would join Norefire, and add an intellignet opponent to V (typical for fascistic movements, competence is not a trademark ability of Northfire).

kpenguin
2009-03-23, 09:18 AM
Eric Finch was pretty competent. I believe the Leader was as well, some time before he went crazy and fell in love with a computer.

Satyr
2009-03-23, 09:26 AM
Finch was the policemen, right? The policeman who actually was no fascist but worked within a system because he didn't know what else he should do, right?
While the Leader doesn't seem to be the stablest character to start with... psychical stable and rational people tend to not fall in love with computers.

GoC
2009-03-23, 02:21 PM
D&D magic?

*facepalm*

Not Vaarsuvius. V. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/V_(comics))

How was I to know?:smallredface:

Ascension
2009-03-23, 06:30 PM
How was I to know?:smallredface:

Norsefire wasn't a clue?